- ONE of Hereford's last backstreet pubs looks to have pulled its final pint.
- A HEREFORD Mayor warned 50 years ago that Hereford would need a third bridge over the River Wye within ten years of the second opening. The Greyfriars Bridge also known as the ‘New Bridge’ officially opened 50 years ago today.
- APPROVAL has been given for up to ten new homes opposite Luctonians Rugby Club in Kingsland.
- TRAINS running between Hereford and Worcester Foregate Street are delayed by up to 30 minutes this morning due to a points failure.
- POLICE are searching for a woman they want to speak to in connection with a jewellery theft.
- A HEREFORD family who are setting up a new food festival in the city said they have been overwhelmed by the response.
- WORK on building a new village school in Colwall, next to the village hall in Mill Lane, is well under way.
- MAGISTRATES and solicitors were forced to stand during a case heard in possibly the world’s smallest court room. The live video link facility at Hereford Magistrates Court broke on Thursday meaning that a case had to be heard in an adjacent consultation room estimated to be 4ft by 3ft in size.
- PRESTEIGNE has great cause to celebrate as it has now become the only town in the UK to have not one, but two investment clubs.
- TRIBUTES have been left to Hereford man who raised money for charity while fighting a brain tumour. Shaun Skinner, from Bobblestock, died yesterday after losing his long fight with the tumour.
- WHAT is your view?
- A WATER provider said a £21million investment over the next two years will ensure they can support developments such as the Three Elms project.
- THE newest addition to the team behind a Leominster-based charity knows what it takes to make a difference.
- PLANNERS will have to propose something 'significantly different' to have houses approved, says a local councillor.
- THE team behind Hereford's bid to be named City of Culture 2021 will be in Leominster tonight.
- THE first Leominster Town Wassail was celebrated with cider made from the fruit of the town’s community orchard.
- CHANGES to charges at two Hereford car parks are to be implemented from February.
- UNEMPLOYMENT figures in Herefordshire have increased 33 per cent on last year.
- A MOVIE-themed fundraising disco is to take place in Leominster.
- Concussion remains the most commonly reported match injury in the Premiership, accounting for approximately 25% of the total.
- HELP for Heroes (H4H) is once again asking the great British public to dust off their aprons and get baking to raise lots of dough for our wounded, injured and sick personnel, veterans and their families.
- TWO talented Hereford students have been named the winner and runner-up in a competition to design a logo for an independent pub group.
- A HEREFORD student is to embark on an 'out of this world' adventure to Space Camp in the USA.
- The Riu Imperial Marhaba where 30 Britons were killed had just four unarmed guards, an inquest hears.
- A MUM whose premature baby passed away when she was less than three months old is asking for help to make comfort toys.
- MORE teams are being sought for a demanding 24-hour fundraising spinathon which more than 500 people took part in last year.
- IF volunteering is one of your New Year's resolutions, the National Trust is a great place to start.
- Worcestershire appoint former captain Norman Gifford, the ex-England spinner, as club president.
- ON Sunday January 15, the people of Credenhill village were treated to a ''blast from the past'' when members of the Hereford and District Preservation Society held their annual meal, and get together at Credenhill Social Club.
- THE Little Peoples, Playgroup in Presteigne had some special visitors on a recent morning.
- COUNCILLORS are looking at the feasibility of putting a pelican crossing in Yazor Road in Hereford following a plea made by a visually-impaired resident.
Busiest panto ever helps Herefordshire charities - The Ross Gazette (press release) (subscription) (blog)The Ross Gazette (press release) (subscription) (blog)
Busiest panto ever helps Herefordshire charities
The Ross Gazette (press release) (subscription) (blog)
The Courtyard Theatre in Hereford is celebrating the most successful Pantomime Season to date with over 22,000 people visiting the arts centre to watch Aladdin throughout its six week run. Throughout its 71 shows, Aladdin has received brilliant ...
- MANY of the local Ledbury churches will come together this Sunday (January 22) for a joint service in St Michael and All Angels Church.
- GRACIE Capel, Year 8 student at Kingstone High School, went to Hereford and Ludlow College to compete in the local heat of the Springboard FutureChef competition recently.
- THE Tawny Owls, the Reception and Year One classes, from Bredenbury Primary School created this card as a thank you to Waitrose Branches at Hereford and Worcester for their donations to the school Christmas hamper draw.
- A MAJOR road through the Malvern Hills will be closed for around six weeks to allow vital water works to take place.
- RAIN dances are well known, but youngsters at Busy Bees recently tried out a more unusual snow dance for fun, and last Friday it actually seemed to work.
- TWO of the county’s biggest employers – Heineken and Cargill – have registered objections to a plan for 1,200 new homes at Three Elms in Hereford.
- A CONSULTATION has been launched over plans to convert a Leominster school into an academy.
- A STREET in Hereford city centre is currently blocked after a milk float encountered problems on its round.
- Worcester Warriors sign Northampton Saints loose-head prop Ethan Waller for the 2017-18 season.
- TWO mathematics teachers from Shanghai showed a different way of teaching at a county primary school.
Update: Hereford Skatepark hosts unique night of eclectic hip-hop, dance and electro music accompanying 80s-inspired abstract moving graphicsTHIS event has now been postponed due to the weather. A new date is yet to be set.
Hereford Skatepark hosts unique night of eclectic hip-hop, dance and electro music accompanying 80s-inspired abstract moving graphicsON Thursday, for one night only Hereford College of Arts team up with Mash Cinema to present Boogie Box Nights, a public event at Hereford Skatepark at 7pm.
- ONE of Herefordshire’s leading family centres has announced a number of new appointments.
- A CYCLIST was taken to hospital after being injured in a crash in Hereford this morning.
- A YOUNG mother had been on the wrong side of the road before a collision which tragically claimed her life, an inquest heard.
- THE newest shop in town in Ledbury is Specsavers, the opticians.
- THE chairman of a board which aims to grow organic sales in the UK has said he is delighted at a successful funding application.
- THE WINNERS have been announced for the Christmas windows display competition, which was organised by the town council.
Follow @Herefordshire__ on Twitter!