Public Sector Executive
Glasgow points the way forward for IoT future
Public Sector Executive
Dr Mark Begbie, business development director at CENSIS, the Scottish Innovation Centre for Sensor and Imaging Systems, explores how Glasgow is leading the way in transforming how we use technology to improve connectivity. Just over 200 years ago, ...
- Herald Scotland
Principal of Glasgow Clyde College to retire with pay-off
THE head of a Scottish college who was suspended and then reinstated after claims of a bullying culture has stepped down. Susan Walsh, the principal of Glasgow Clyde College, announced in an email to staff that she would be retiring with immediate effect.
- Herald Scotland
Design firm Space ramps up Glasgow presence
Space Solutions 1 SA : Hugh Anderson of haa design and Steve Judge of Space Solutions at their Glasgow Office.Pictures by Photographer Stewart AttwoodT. 07850 449108E. email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org .All.and more »
- Herald Scotland
It's great what you can dig up in east end of Glasgow
THERE were only two vegetables that I had any success in growing as a child when I was handed a dibber and a garden fork by my parents and let loose on our Glasgow back-garden – potatoes and rhubarb. And rhubarb took no effort at all – it was more like ...
Glasgow Lives: Paul, 45, Carmunnock, channel editor for STV Glasgow and STV Edinburgh - Glasgow LiveGlasgow Live
Glasgow Lives: Paul, 45, Carmunnock, channel editor for STV Glasgow and STV Edinburgh
In tonight's Glasgow Lives, Paul talks us through his career in television and why he and his wife Rachel decided to make the move back to Glasgow from London. Share; Comments. ByElaine Livingstone. 19:43, 27 FEB 2017; Updated 20:03, 27 FEB 2017.
- Ten of Glasgow's oldest buildings
The Tolbooth Steeple at Glasgow Cross, one of the city's oldest districts. Picture: John Devlin/TSPL. DAVID MCLEAN. 19:02 21:14 Monday 27 February 2017. 0. Have your say. IT BOASTS an architectural history which spans the best part of a thousand years, ...
The Met Office issue another severe weather warning for Glasgow as temperatures set to plummet overnight - Glasgow LiveGlasgow Live
The Met Office issue another severe weather warning for Glasgow as temperatures set to plummet overnight
Gritters will be out in full force this evening as temperatures are predicted to plummet to -1 overnight, bringing risk of ice and in some parts, snow, sleet and hail. The Met Office have issued yet ANOTHER severe yellow weather warning for ice in the ...and more »
- Glasgow Live
Man charged with murder after death of 20-year-old
A man has appeared in court charged with the murder of a young man in Glasgow. Robert Leathem, 31, was accused of killing Steven Russell and has appeared in private at the city's sheriff court. Mr Russell, 20, was found with serious injuries in ...
Man charged over murder of 20-year-old in PossilparkGlasgow Liveall 3 news articles »
- Glasgow Live
This Glasgow kebab house is now officially the best in Scotland
The winners were decided by a panel of Kebab Award judges including shadow economic secretary Jonathan Reynolds and fellow MP Nadhim Zahawi - although the number of #BritishKebabAwards tweets in support of each contender was also taken into ...
Glasgow is home to Scotland's best kebabGlasgow Evening Times
Glasgow's Alla-Turca restaurant officially make best kebabs in Scotland… after landing pre
- Scottish Daily Record
Bus driver slashed with vodka bottle during morning rush hour in Glasgow
Scottish Daily Record
A bus driver was left with arm injuries after two thugs attacked him in Glasgow. The two are understood to have slashed the 47-year-old First Bus worker with a vodka bottle when he tried to throw them off his bus, reports the Scottish Sun. The attack ...
Two thugs slash Glasgow bus driver with broken vodka bottle as he ...The Scottish Sunall 7 news articles »
Two thugs slash Glasgow bus driver with broken vodka bottle as he tried to throw them off … at 8.35am - The Scottish SunThe Scottish Sun
Two thugs slash Glasgow bus driver with broken vodka bottle as he tried to throw them off … at 8.35am
The Scottish Sun
TWO thugs slashed a Glasgow bus driver with a broken vodka bottle after he tried to throw them off. It is understood two louts left the 47-year-old First Bus worker with serious arm injuries in Springburn Road. First Bus in Glasgow. Les Chatfield. 1.
Bus driver slashed with vodka bottle during morning rush hour in GlasgowScottish Daily Recordall 7 news a
- A fatal road crash in Ayrshire will be the focus of a hard-hitting new scheme to promote road safety.
- A Glasgow primary school is been forced to close to older pupils on Monday due to widespread sickness among teachers.
- High winds, icy conditions and snow are predicted to hit parts of Scotland as Storm Ewan sweeps Ireland.
Ospreys 26-15 Glasgow: Steve Tandy's side show a cutting edge Wales can only aspire to match - WalesOnlineWalesOnline
Ospreys 26-15 Glasgow: Steve Tandy's side show a cutting edge Wales can only aspire to match
The last time the Ospreys had completed a season's double over Glasgow Warriors, Sean Holley had yet to go on TV and declare: “Bruno's? It could be a defining moment for rice.” Well, actually, the then Ospreys coach said after a memorable win over ...
Glasgow Warriors's play-off hopes are all but overThe Scotsman
Ospreys 26-15 Glasgow Warriors: Price is right as
- Ospreys move up to second in the Pro12 with a bonus point win over Glasgow Warriors at the Liberty Stadium
- Keith Lasley backs manager Mark McGhee in the wake of a 5-1 home defeat to Dundee, insisting players must take responsibility.
- Scotland's Kirsty Gilmour marks her comeback from a knee injury by winning the Austrian Open title in Vienna.
- London Olympic silver medallist Michael Jamieson reveals depression struggles on announcing retirement from swimming.
- The family of former Celtic manager and player Billy McNeill confirm he has dementia.
- Police are treating the death of a 42-year-old man at a house in Johnstone in Renfrewshire as suspicious.
- Irish Independent
Glasgow with kids: A brilliant family break in Scotland's biggest city
The tourist board's slogan, 'People Make Glasgow', is bang on the money. Scotland's biggest city is a friendly, vibrant choice for a brilliant family break. Culturally rich, the mix of museums, Scottish heritage, glorious Victorian and Art Nouveau ...
- Dundee do a first-half demolition job on a dreadful Motherwell outfit as the home side's miserable recent run continues.
- Goals from McKenzie and Sammon against St Johstone earn Kilmarnock a first away win since October.
- Moussa Dembele scores twice against Hamilton Academical as leaders Celtic secure their 21st consecutive Premiership victory.
- Kris Doolan nets his third goal in two games as Partick Thistle ease past 10-man Hearts at Firhill to earn a third straight win.
- A man is detained by police in connection with a knife-related incident at a shopping centre.
- A giant wall of flowers is created in Glasgow city centre to encourage women to go for their smear test.
- Rugby fans travelling to Murrayfield by train faced severe disruption to their journeys.
- An elderly couple are left "very distressed" after a gang of men broke into their home.
Glasgow revealed in top 10 affordable cities to buy property in the UK - beating Perth, Dundee and Inverness - Glasgow LiveGlasgow revealed in top 10 affordable cities to buy property in the UK - beating Perth, Dundee and Inverness
Glasgow beat Dundee, Perth and Inverness in the list. Stirling was unveiled as the most affordable place to buy a house in the UK. Share. ByGlasgow Live. 08:46, 25 FEB 2017. News. Share. Get daily updates directly to your inbox. + Subscribe. Thank you ...and more »
- Glasgow Evening Times
Glasgow to enjoy second helping of Soup
Glasgow Evening Times
INNOVATIVE thinking individuals who want to benefit their local area are being encouraged to take part in the second helping of Glasgow Soup. The micro-granting event, which was launched in Glasgow in November to a sell-out crowd, sees individuals, ...
Breast cancer patients transferred outwith Glasgow to speed up waiting times - Glasgow Evening TimesGlasgow Evening Times
Breast cancer patients transferred outwith Glasgow to speed up waiting times
Glasgow Evening Times
BREAST cancer patients from Glasgow are being referred to another area for surgery to help speed up waiting times. NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde said patients were being referred to hospitals in Lanarkshire for treatment to, “relieve pressure on ...
Wall of flowers decorates Glasgow as part of new drive to encourage women to go for smear testsThe Scottish Sunall 2 news
- Glasgow Daily Times
Glasgow's Ponder signs to play for Murray State
Glasgow Daily Times
GLASGOW – It's hard to be overlooked when you're 6-foot-5 and close to 300 pounds, but Glasgow High School senior Mitchell Ponder didn't command the same attention as the backs and receivers who put up big numbers for the district-champion GHS ...
- SNP MP Alison Thewliss wants all football clubs in Scotland to declare their stadiums breastfeeding-friendly.
- The affordability of homes in Scottish cities has hit its worst level since 2009, according to a new report.
- Interim Rangers boss Graeme Murty has been receiving assistance but has not named the person who has been helping him.
- Billy Mckay scores a stunning overhead kick as Inverness Caley Thistle beat Rangers to move off bottom spot in the table.
- Ski slope hosts Glasgow Film Festival screening
An audience braved temperatures of -5C to watch a special screening at an indoor real snow ski slope as part of the Glasgow Film Festival. John Carpenter's 1982 sci-fi horror The Thing was shown on an inflatable big screen at Snow Factor at Braehad.
- Film fans brave temperatures of -5C to watch a special screening at an indoor real snow ski slope.
- St Johnstone boss Tommy Wright indicates he would be interested in the Rangers job but insists such a scenario is "hypothetical".
- Single-sex state school in Glasgow facing calls to admit boys
Scotland's only state-funded single-sex school is facing a challenge to its status from a group of parents over whether boys should be admitted. Notre Dame High, a Catholic high school in Glasgow, has only allowed girls to attend since its foundation ...and more »
- A doctor is injured when a prisoner tries to escaped during a routine medical appointment at a hospital in North Lanarkshire.
New Glasgow doctor accused of washroom voyeurism allowed to resume practice
A family doctor in Nova Scotia, who was accused of secretly recording an explicit video of a woman using the washroom at the clinic where he worked, is allowed to practise medicine again. Dr. Rafid Al-Nassar was arrested in November at the Westside ...
Accused New Glasgow doctor gets go-ahead to resume practice — with a chaperoneLocal Xpressall 3 news articles »
- Preview and team news as Ospreys take on Connacht in the Guinness Pro12 at the Liberty Stadium in Swansea
- Celtic captain Scott Brown will make himself available for Scotland's World Cup qualifier against Slovenia next month.
- BBC Sport
Pro12: Ospreys v Glasgow (Sun)
South Africa prop Brian Mujati makes his Ospreys debut when they host Glasgow in the Pro12 on Sunday. He will be alongside hooker Hugh Gustafson, who will make his first Ospreys since leaving the Dragons, a year after his signing was announced.and more »
- The Saturday Paper (subscription)
Nights out in Glasgow, Scotland
The Saturday Paper (subscription)
Glasgow's live music venues – from a pub built in 1792 to King Tut's Wah Wah Hut – are testament to the unbridled passion of the locals. SAM KOVAK / ALAMY LIVE NEWS. The front row of a gig at the Barrowland Ballroom, Glasgow. You are reading / free ...
- A selection of your pictures of Scotland sent in between 17 and 24 February.
- BBC News
Call for single sex Notre Dame High School in Glasgow to admit boys
A parents group is calling for boys to be admitted to Scotland's only state-funded single sex school. The high performing Notre Dame High School in Glasgow has only taught girls since its inception in 1897. However, parents of children attending the ...and more »
Follow @glasgowuknews on Twitter!