- The former Labour Prime Minister called for the UK to leave the E.E.C as he campaigned in County Durham for his first parliamentary seat
- Jamie Alder drove at 'inappropriate speeds' in a 20mph limit before narrowly missing a cyclist and crashing into a lamp post
- Newcastle United's four goals were enough to secure promotion to the Premier League - here's how those near St James' Park celebrated
- A win against Preston North End secured Newcastle United's jump back up to the top tier of English football
- Stunning video drone footage reveals what is making us all proud of our North East roots and why we love the place we live
- It's time to celebrate turning 125 in style with better referees, price-capped away tickets and no more Channel 5 highlights packages
Collapsing house in Rowlands Gill: Emergency services close Gateshead road after bricks fall - ChronicleLiveChronicleLive
Collapsing house in Rowlands Gill: Emergency services close Gateshead road after bricks fall
A collapsing house in Gateshead has forced the emergency services to close a road between Rowlands Gill and High Spen. Bricks from the house, which neighbours believe to be empty, could be seen smashed on the floor at the base of the property on the ...
- An empty property on Highfield Road in Rowlands Gill has seen bricks fall from the wall onto the road below
Gateshead's theatre festival returns with a mixed GIFT bag of treats
The centre of Gateshead will be brought alive with theatre, cabaret and comedy this Bank Holiday weekend as GIFT festival makes a welcome comeback. The festival is returning after an absence of two years and will be once again serving up a packed ...
- Prosecutors say Trimaan Dhillon murdered his ex-girlfriend in her bathroom in Bensham when she was on the verge of starting a new relationship
- RMT members had been due to walk out on Friday and Saturday following a dispute over the role of guards and other issues
- Ian Lavery has vowed to make his constituency a 'better place for everyone' if he is re-elected
- Donna Willis broke out of HMP Askham in Yorkshire during her sentence for committing GBH by biting a grandmother's nose
- The superstar took time out to meet a teenage singer who bravely sang one of his songs at her mother's funeral a few months ago
- Newcastle's Tyneside Cinema receives National Lottery funding to create People's History of Cinema
- Comparison website comparethemarket is looking for a travel advisor - and it could be someone's dream job
Newcastle United promotion bid LIVE: Fans react ahead of Preston match where Magpies can clinch Premier League footballNewcastle United just need a win tonight against Preston North End to seal promotion back to the Premier League — follow the latest here:
- Newcastle United sealed a return to the Premier League with a win over Preston North End on Monday night
Newcastle United fan reactions LIVE: Newcastle get early goal but Preston equalise at St James' ParkNewcastle United just need a win tonight against Preston North End to seal promotion back to the Premier League - follow the build-up here:
- Austin Scott has flown nearly 3,300 miles to hopefully see Rafa Benitez's side secure promotion to the Premier League
Missing Gateshead woman Susan Fulthorp 'doesn't have vital medication'
A Gateshead woman has gone missing without her “vital medication” and her family are becoming extremely worried for her welfare. Susan Fulthorp, 41, lives in the Dunston area of the town and was reported missing to police on Saturday, April 22 at ...
Police appeal for missing Gateshead womanSun FMall 3 news articles »
- Gateshead woman Susan, 41, has gone missing without her “vital medication” and her family are becoming extremely worried for her welfare
Missing Gateshead woman Susan Fulthorp 'doesn't have vital ...
Gateshead woman Susan, 41, has gone missing without her “vital medication” and her family are becoming extremely worried for her welfare.
103.4 Sun FM - News - Police appeal for missing Gateshead womanSun FMall 3 news articles »
- "Ron is a true ambassador, such a character and a real gentleman."
- Met Office issue yellow warning for snow in the North East as freak Arctic conditions start to bite
- After two men pretended to be suitcases at Newcastle Airport, we take a look at things you should never do
- Support your Geordie neighbours by dropping off tins or packets of dry food outside St James' Park before tonight's match
- The first episode of The Tube was broadcast on Bonfire Night, 1982 - the last episode on this day 30 years ago
- Six cars were involved in a crash on the A19 north near Seaham on Monday morning with drivers stuck in delays for almost an hour
- Paul Anderson, 31, of Rothbury Avenue in Peterlee, admitted assault occasioning actual bodily harm at Durham Crown Court
- George Manu, 22, a car wash worker, was found guilty of attacking the victim during a night out at the club in August last year
- The three-month consultation over controversial proposals to permanently close the ward ends on Tuesday
- Anna Kerrigan, who is Paul Gascoigne's sister, spoke on Good Morning Britain about her son's tragic battle and filling the mental care gap
- Human tissue samples were held for 'longer than necessary' at South Tyneside District Hospital with the NHS Trust now beginning an investigation
- Take a look at our video and gallery from city nightspots including The Empress, Flares, Players Bar and more!
- Newcastle City Council is working with the fire service to train staff in how to use flotation devices in the hope of saving people from drowning
- Matthew Rees, 29, encountered the staggering racer, believed to be called David Wyeth, as the pair rounded the final stretch of The Mall
- The Woolworths name could be making a comeback to our high streets if a former director has his way
- More than 20 firefighters tackled a large blaze at the former Junglerama in Victoria Road, Concord, Washington
Newcastle Pantomime moves to surprising new home of Gateshead Stadium
There wasn't a dry eye in the house as the curtain came down on Newcastle Pantomime's final performance at the Tyne Theatre in December but now there's reason for cheer as the long established group have found themselves a new home for 2017.
- Police discovered about 200 plants in Monkton Business Park in Hebburn after a pungent smell was reported to officers
- A team from Newcastle University were involved in developing the technique using silica working with University of Bath colleagues
- Lisa Dodds and Steve Dickson, of Gosforth, were among the passengers who were unable to get home after their holiday
- ChronicleLive readers have made their suggestions for the redevelopment in the heart of Newcastle
- Day nine in the trial where Lance Corporal Trimaan Dhillon denies murdering Alice, who was found fatally injured at her Gateshead flat last October
- Three people have been released on bail and one woman is still in police custody after a man's 'unexplained' death at a Sunderland house on Saturday
- Supporters want St James' Park to be loud and roar Newcastle United back into the Premier League
The heartwarming moment London Marathon runner is helped across the line has seen donations flood inThe runner was helped across the London Marathon finish line by Matthew Rees
- What is a 'Cold-blooded Spineless Officer' and do 'Fearless Telephone Appointment Makers' have to find brave phones?
- More speeding drivers could be fined £2,500 from from Monday as courts are given the power to fine people 150% of their weekly salaries
Follow @GatesheadUKNews on Twitter!