- Youngsters from the Greenhills estate have been denied seats at George Stephenson High School despite living less than one mile from the school
- Here's everything you need to know about council admissions procedure and how you can appeal
- Five children and their parents from Fossway were rushed to hospital on Sunday with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning after a BBQ
The morning news headlines: PM leads Parliament in show of defiance after Westminister terror rampage; Thousands expected at Martin McGuinness's funeral in LondonderryThe latest news from Britain and around the world
- Officers stormed a flat in Birmingham late on Wednesday night, with West Midlands Police directing inquiries about the operation to the Metropolitan Police.
- The group of five travelled with a child and crowded into the taxi on John Dobson Street and authorities are now investigating
- Mohammed Amir, from Newcastle, was caught by North Yorkshire police with cigarettes and tobacco worth £27,717.89 in unpaid duty
- On this day in 1882, a British retail institution was launched at number 5 Northumberland Street, Newcastle
- The work of the emergency services has been praised as staff rushed from a nearby hospital towards the scene of the London terror attack
- Wednesday marked World Water Day, and the venue paid a beautiful tribute to the millions of people living without clean water across the world
- Pair from Ashington and Palmersville were just around corner from terrorist attack at the Houses of Parliament
- A woman was rescued from her car after the crash on the A184 and was treated by paramedics at the scene
- The woman was sexually assaulted at the junction of George Road and Philliphaugh in Wallsend at 5.50pm on Friday, March 3
- Four people have been killed and 20 injured as a terrorist struck at the heart of British democracy in an attack on Wednesday
- Political Editor Jonathan Walker was in Parliament when the attack took place and has shared what happened in the corridors of poer
- A Benwell couple, and a boxer from Washington, have spoken after being caught up in the London terror attack
- Four people were killed in the Westminster terror attack, including the police officer who was stabbed and his attacker, Scotland Yard's top anti-terror officer Mark Rowley has confirmed
- The region's MPs reveal how they are constantly made aware of the threat of attacks and praise hero cops
- The Xtreme Bounce arena at the Royal Quays Outlet Centre in North Shields is due to open by the summer and create 100 jobs
- Darren Towler was convicted of supplying drugs but after serving his time he's now determined to prove he's a changed man
- WARNING: This video may contain footage that some viewers may find distressing
- Chi Onwurah has been caught up with hundreds of others in the Westminster terrorist attack
- Scotland Yard has confirmed the incident at Westminster is being treated as a terrorist attack - here's what we know so far
- BBC News
Kieran Green: Hartlepool loan midfielder to Gateshead until the end ...
Gateshead sign Hartlepool midfielder Kieran Green on loan until the end of the season.
Hartlepool United's Kieran Green joins Gateshead, Adam Bartlett ...Hartlepool Mailall 2 news articles »
- The ex-Geordie Short star and her boyfriend have recently made their relationship public and told OK! Magazine about their plans for the year
- The drama unfolded shortly after 2.30pm on Wednesday when loud bangs, similar to gunshots, were heard
Gateshead schoolboy's gift to the medics who saved his life
Finer than a strand of hair, finding the fragile veins of premature babies can be a challenge for the medical teams in charge of their care. But unwell babies at the Queen Elizabeth can now benefit from a special light that illuminates their tiny blood ...
- Readers react to the German supermarket's fast scanning policy, which has been leaving some customers stressed out
- These young bookworms are taking on a mammoth and impressive reading challenge
- Internet service provider Plusnet pays big fine after billing mistake and is fined £880,000
- Christian Herbert was born by emergency c-section and spent three days in special care - now he's giving something back to the team who saved his life
- Durham County Council leader Simon Henig announced 'notable progress' in the contract dispute which has rumbled on for 18 months
- North East MPs are among those being told to stay inside the Houses of Parliament after reports that police shot a man wielding a knife
London terror attack: Four dead, including stabbed police officer and attacker, after car ploughs into people on Westminster BridgeNorth East MPs are locked inside the Houses of Parliament and four people have been killed in the attack at Westminster, London
- North East MPs were locked inside the Houses of Parliament and four people were killed in the attack at Westminster, London
- Rob Elliot was caught with the wrong ticket on Tuesday night but said the ticket inspector was 'just doing his job'
- Police said a man and woman were left needing hospital treatment after an alleged attack at South Shields Metro station
- Tony Dodds appeared at North Tyneside Magistrates' Court on Wednesday morning after Mr Davis's body was found at the Bermuda Guest House
- Northumbria and Sunderland universities both have nursing courses - here is what you'll need and how much it will cost
- Take a look at our video and gallery from city nightspots including Jalou, Players, Harry's Bar and more!
- The project to refurbish Central Lower Promenade had been delayed but workers are now on site
- Henry Deholmes, also known as Renton Prouse, denied a charge of racially aggravated harassment at North Tyneside Magistrates' Court
- A Roman road, a 'lunatic asylum', a deadly pit explosion, the brutal murder of a Victorian policeman - and more
- We're spending the afternoon at the Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital to bring you live coverage from A&E
- The British Government has imposed a ban on carrying some electronic devices as hand luggage when flying from six countries
- Missing Gateshead woman Gail Elliot found safe and well, police confirm
Gail Elliot was reported missing after last being seen at a hotel in Dunston at around 8pm on Monday evening. Police were concerned for her welfare and issued an appeal to the public for help to find her. On Wednesday, officers confirmed the 38-year ...and more »
- 38-year-old Gail Elliot was reported missing after last being seen on Monday evening at a Dunston hotel
- The restriction - which means customers will no longer be able to carry laptops and other large electronic devices as cabin luggage - affects passengers on inbound flights from Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, Tunisia and Saudi Arabia.
- Paul Hodgson will not stand for election in Northumberland after it was revealed he was sacked while working for the police
- A man fell to his death from the roof of the Percy Street Eldon Square multi-storey car park and police say there was no third-party involvement
Follow @GatesheadUKNews on Twitter!