- Lidl will create 500 jobs by building a new warehouse in Doncaster, the budget supermarket chain announces.
- BBC News finds councils in England have paid out £10m due to school asbestos compensation claims.
- A Rotherham councillor who was convicted of sexually assaulting a colleague says he will resign.
- A man who died in hospital after he was assaulted in a Sheffield street is named by police.
- About 150 people stage a demonstration in support of two men charged in relation to a protest against tree felling in Sheffield.
- A body discovered in a sewage tank at a Doncaster college is that of a man, police say.
- Jessica Ennis-Hill says the fight against drug cheats must continue as she is awarded the 2011 heptathlon world title retrospectively.
- DRFC Doncaster To Welcome Back Striker This Weekend
Doncaster Rovers will welcome striker Andy Williams back into the squad for the trip to Stevenage on Saturday. Williams hasn`t featured since suffering an ankle injury in the 3-2 win against Barnet in October. The former Swindon striker recently ...
- DRFC Former Midfielder On The Move Again
Wellens has signed for Conference Premier Division side Macclesfield Town, his third club since being released by Doncaster in January. The 36-year-old joined Shrewsbury Town in January following his release by Doncaster and he spent the rest of the ...and more »
Mystery over dead body discovered by workmen in sewers running under Doncaster's High Melton College - The SunThe Sun
Mystery over dead body discovered by workmen in sewers running under Doncaster's High Melton College
Police set up an all-night guard around the scene of the troubling discovery at High Melton College in Doncaster. Police near the scene where the body was found at High Melton Campus, Doncaster. Not known refer to copyright holder. 3. Police near the ...
Workmen find body in sewer in DoncasterITV Newsall 5 news articles »
- The Guardian
Empowering social workers to self-improve
Caroline Pickard took part in the Step Up to Social Work intensive training programme, which covers everything that trainee social workers need to know in 14 months. Photograph: Doncaster children's services trust. Caroline Pickard. Tuesday 29 November ...
- Woman denies murdering Doncaster man
A 32-year-old woman has pleaded not guilty to the murder of a Doncaster man who was stabbed to death. Lisa Thorpe, aged 32, of The Avenue, Bentley, appeared at Sheffield Crown Court yesterday charged with the murder of 50-year-old John Poole.and more »
- Ambulance waiting times at Yorkshire hospitals' accident and emergency units double in a year
- Plans for a new reservoir in the grounds of an eighteenth-century castle in Rotherham shock residents.
- Daily Star
Chelsea news: Jordan Houghton considering permanent Doncaster move
He has impressed at the Keepmoat Stadium, making 21 appearances and scoring one goal in all competitions. The midfielder is out of contract at Chelsea at the end of the season and is already considering options should his Stamford Bridge career come to ...and more »
Newspaper bids to raise £125000 for regimental statue
A weekly newspaper has launched a campaign to honour the fighting men of its patch. The Doncaster Free Press is aiming to raise £125,700 for the memorial to the King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry. The King's Own's regimental association wants to build ...
- Neil Etheridge saves Billy Sharp's late penalty as Walsall beat Sheffield United, ending the Blades' 15-game unbeaten run in League One.
- Jessica Ennis-Hill is "so happy" to be receiving her third world title after Tatyana Chernova is stripped of the 2011 title.
- Jessica Ennis-Hill is set to be awarded heptathlon gold from the 2011 World Championships after Tatyana Chernova's results are annulled.
- Chesterfield defender Liam Graham will miss the rest of the season after tearing an anterior cruciate ligament.
- Rotherham United chairman Tony Stewart says manager Kenny Jackett's resignation was unexpected.
- A man admits a string of "hideous" sexual offences against seven teenage girls in Rotherham.
- Litter of rare endangered dogs born in Doncaster
A litter of rare wild hunting dogs have been born at Yorkshire Wildlife Park, giving hope that the endangered canine species might yet be saved from extinction. The African Painted Dog puppies made their entrance four weeks ago but have been tucked up ...and more »
- The number of adults swimming at least once a week in England falls by more than 750,000 over the past decade.
- A police force accused of telling a press officer to "schmooze" the media during the Hillsborough inquests has no "case to answer", a watchdog has said.
Darren Ferguson believes Doncaster Rovers produced their best display of season against Leyton Orient - Hackney GazetteHackney Gazette
Darren Ferguson believes Doncaster Rovers produced their best display of season against Leyton Orient
Leyton Orient forward Ollie Palmer battles with Doncaster Rovers Jordan Houghton (pic: Simon O'Connor). 07958 573219 firstname.lastname@example.org. Ex-Peterborough United boss delighted with showing against Andy Edwards team, though admits they ...
Doncaster Rovers' victory over Leyton Orient showed belief levels are risingThe Star
Leyton Orient boss Andy Edwards
- Live coverage of Saturday's League One game between Sheffield United and Walsall.
- South Yorkshire Police (press release)
Revellers offered safe haven in Doncaster
Revellers in Doncaster town centre will be offered help if they they hurt themselves or have too much to drink in the run up to Christmas. Starting on Saturday, December 10 and operating on Friday, December 16 and Friday, December 23, the 'safe haven' ...
Safe Haven to be launched for Doncaster's revellersSouth Yorkshire Police (press release)all 1 news articles »
League 2 daily: Doncaster Rovers boss Darren Ferguson on transfer targets, Carlisle United manager Keith Curle hails ... - Cambridge NewsCambridge News
League 2 daily: Doncaster Rovers boss Darren Ferguson on transfer targets, Carlisle United manager Keith Curle hails ...
Darren Ferguson believes any new Doncaster arrivals in the transfer window are likely to be temporary deals. The Rovers boss is looking to strengthen his squad as they challenge for promotion in Sky Bet League Two and said he would be speaking to the ...and more »
- Doncaster Rovers: Darren Ferguson talks plans for January
Darren Ferguson admits Doncaster Rovers will mainly be shopping in the loan market in January. Ferguson plans to add 'one or two' players to his promotion-chasing squad when the transfer window opens and says they are likely to arrive on loan rather ...and more »
- Kenny Jackett steps down as manager of the Championship's bottom club Rotherham United after five games in charge.
- Sheffield United loan midfielder James Wallace to National League side Tranmere Rovers until 8 January.
- Tata Steel announces its preferred bidder for the £100m sale of its specialist steel division based in South Yorkshire.
- Lifesaving equipment funded at Sandal Park in Doncaster
A new piece of lifesaving equipment was unveiled when Rosie Winterton MP joined runners for their weekly jog in Sandal Park in Doncaster. Doncaster parkrun, is a free, weekly, running and walking event which takes place every Saturday at 9am in Sandall ...and more »
"We love Doncaster!" Virgin apologises over train conductor's "miserable town" comment which sparked traveller's anger - The Star"We love Doncaster!" Virgin apologises over train conductor's "miserable town" comment which sparked traveller's anger
Rail operator Virgin Trains has apologised over comments made by a guard which an upset passenger claimed poked fun at Doncaster. It was revealed last week how a guard aboard a service along the East Coast Main Line apparently took a swipe at the ...
- BBC News
Cornish Pirates beat Doncaster 36-25 to register rare Yorkshire win
Cornish Pirates coach Gavin Cattle was pleased to have seen his side win at Doncaster for just the second time since 2011 after a 36-25 win. Toby May, Tom Duncan and skipper Chris Morgan scored tries for the Pirates as they moved up into sixth place in ...
Report: Doncaster Knights 26 Cornish Pirates 35 - Castle finally conqueredThe Star
Cornish Pirates put Doncaster Knights to sword as they end losing st
- Britain's Got Talent TV auditions to be held in Doncaster today
Auditions for the new series of Britain's Got Talent are to be held in Doncaster today. The Frenchgate Centre will be the venue for people of all ages to showcase their skills and talents in a bid to land a place on the top-rated ITV show which aims to ...
- Newham Recorder
Doncaster Rovers' victory over Leyton Orient showed belief levels are rising
There is a strong belief within the Doncaster Rovers camp that if the performance is right, the result will follow. And the belief is just growing and growing. Jordan Houghton scores Rovers' first goal. Pictures: James Hardisty. Saturday's fully ...
Leyton Orient must first improve defensively admits manager Andy Edwards after Doncaster Rovers defeatNewham Recorder
Doncaster 3 Leyton Orient 1:
- Former England captain Michael Vaughan praises leg-spinner Adil Rashid, who is the leading wicket-taker in the series against India.
- Leeds United move up to fifth in the Championship with a narrow win over bottom side Rotherham.
- A pair of penalties from Liam Mandeville helps Doncaster come from behind to beat manageress Leyton Orient.
- Patrick Bauer scores a stoppage-time equaliser for Charlton as they draw at home against Sheffield United.
- Jay O'Shea scores twice as Chesterfield overcome Bristol Rovers in an exciting League One contest.
- Fernando Forestieri scores his second goal in as many games to set up Sheffield Wednesday's away win against Wolves.
- ITV News
Shadow health secretary in Doncaster for NHS funding campaign ...
Read the latest Calendar stories, Shadow health secretary in Doncaster for NHS funding campaign on ITV News, videos, stories and all the latest Calendar ...and more »
- Hundreds of people attend a protest against Sheffield City Council's tree felling programme.
- Pensioner, 75, dies after being hit by bus in Doncaster
A 75-year-old man has died after being hit by a bus in Doncaster this morning. A spokesman for South Yorkshire Police said the pensioner had died 'following a collision with a bus'. The scene of the incident. The incident happened on Trafford Way at ...and more »
- ITV News
Police concerned for welfare of missing Doncaster woman
Police are concerned for the welfare of a woman who has gone missing from Doncaster. Mia Belle Credit: South Yorkshire Police. Mia Belle, who is also known as Maria, was last seen near to Sainsbury's supermarket in Edenthorpe, Doncaster, ...
- Twenty areas in England are to get funds to help pregnant women and new mums with mental health problems.
- Henri Lansbury's hat-trick helps Nottingham Forest make it back-to-back Championship away wins as Barnsley finish with 10 men.
Follow @DoncasterUKNews on Twitter!