- An unwanted away record and two penalty saves in a game are among things you may have missed from Saturday's EFL action.
- Barnsley goalkeeper Adam Davies stars to deny promotion-chasing Huddersfield a seventh straight Championship win.
- Chris Wood's first-half goal and a Robert Green penalty save earn Leeds victory over promotion rivals Sheffield Wednesday.
- League Two leaders Doncaster drop points for the fifth consecutive game as they are held to a draw by Accrington.
- Conor McAleny scores a hat-trick as play-off chasing Oxford earn a convincing win at relegation-threatened Chesterfield.
- Billy Sharp scores twice as Sheffield United beat Bolton Wanderers to move clear at the top of League One.
- Jota scores twice in injury-time to complete a hat-trick and earn Brentford a win over struggling Rotherham United.
- Police continue to appeal for witnesses in connection with the Sheffield death of Assel Al-Essaie.
- 'Not in the public interest' to continue a case against Simon Crump and Calvin Payne, prosecutors say.
- The facility near Rotherham will produce high-tech aircraft components.
- A third suspect is arrested by the National Crime Agency as part of an investigation into cricket spot-fixing.
- The Reviews Hub
Spillikin – CAST, Doncaster
The Reviews Hub
Spillikin is there, his back to the audience, waiting to take up his role … he draws the eye as seats are taken and everyone wonders just how well he can act. In any case this inanimate character will surely not be able to add any emotional depth to ...
- DRFC Fans Asked To Vote For Their Doncaster Goal Of 2016
Doncaster Rovers want fans to vote for their favourite Doncaster goal to enter as their Mitre Goal of the Year nomination for 2016. Doncaster have named a shortlist of five goals from 2016 and fans must now vote to decide which goal they enter for the ...and more »
- Ferguson - Houghton Injury The Motivation To Win League
Doncaster Rovers manager Darren Ferguson says the players now have an extra motivation to win the League Two title after the on loan Chelsea midfielder Jordan Houghton was ruled out for the season. Houghton suffered a knee ligament injury in the draw ...and more »
- DRFC Doncaster Rovers v Accrington Stanley Team News
Doncaster Rovers boss Darren Ferguson will be forced into a change in midfield for the clash with Accrington Stanley on Saturday. On loan Chelsea midfielder Jordan Houghton has been forced to return to Stamford Bridge with a season ending knee injury.
- Three people are being held in custody in connection with the killing of a man in Sheffield.
- Said Jamal arrived in the UK four years ago and has been spotted by rugby league club Castleford Tigers.
- A year after the collapse killed four people, no new demolition contractor has been announced.
- On-loan Sheffield United defender Joe Riley is to have a scan at parent club Manchester United on a dislocated shoulder.
- HS2 high speed railway is given final approval, but with costs of £60bn, not everyone is happy.
- Police investigating the murder of an 80-year-old release footage on first anniversary of his death.
- A rainbow baby is a child born to a family following the loss of an infant. BBC News spoke to mothers who use the rainbow symbol to remember and celebrate their children.
- Solihull Observer
Four-goal Olton ease past league rivals Doncaster
HOCKEY: TWO early goals set Olton on their way to a comfortable 4-0 home victory over Doncaster. The hosts were sitting two places above Sunday's opponents but two goals in two minutes through Oli Ward and Jack Williams set Olton on their way at ...
Soldier In Action on the Cheltenham Festival wagon after Doncaster ... - Racinguk.com - pure racing entertainmentRacinguk.com - pure racing entertainment
Soldier In Action on the Cheltenham Festival wagon after Doncaster ...
Racinguk.com - pure racing entertainment
Soldier In Action booked his ticket for the JCB Triumph Hurdle with a 14-length success in the BetBright-sponsored juvenile hurdle at Doncaster. A smart Flat ...
Soldier in Action has enough to cope with Doncaster testBanbury Guardianall 2 news articles »
- 15:15 BetBright Handicap Hurdle3m 84y
SOME KINDA LAMA has gone up a further 3lb since finishing second at Sandown in December but he may have found the ground a little sticky that day and is back on his favourite surface here. Charlie Mann's six-year-old is probably the one to beat ...and more »
Right On Cue: Yorkshire Inter-District Billiards League leaders Bradford show Doncaster no mercy - Bradford Telegraph and ArgusBradford Telegraph and Argus
Right On Cue: Yorkshire Inter-District Billiards League leaders Bradford show Doncaster no mercy
Bradford Telegraph and Argus
BRADFORD'S billiards team are top of the Yorkshire Inter-District League after thrashing bottom-of-the-table Doncaster 9-2. Paul Devitt was in fine form for Bradford, and breaks of 38 and 27 in successive visits, sped him to a 200-23 victory over 87 ...
- Yorkshire's ex-England seam bowler Ryan Sidebottom announces he will retire at the end of the County Championship season.
- Opinion is divided as Primark stops selling "racist" T-shirt, with some complaining shoppers are "over-sensitive".
- ITV News
Police trace man over assault of Doncaster teenager | Calendar ...
Officers investigating the reported assault of a teenager in Doncaster have issued CCTV images of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the ...and more »
- South Yorkshire's Police and Crime Commissioner appealed for changes to the Public Order Act.
- Rail Technology Magazine
Jones announces £60k bursary for Doncaster high-speed rail college
Rail Technology Magazine
The announcement was made during a site visit where Jones was shown around the state-of-the-art facility in Doncaster, which will open its doors in September. The NCHSR is an employer-led college with more than £300,000 worth of materials and in-kind ...
- ITV News
Thousands of tonnes of hay catch fire on farmland in Doncaster ...
Read the latest Calendar stories, Thousands of tonnes of hay catch fire on farmland in Doncaster on ITV News, videos, stories and all the latest Calendar news.and more »
- Millwall miss their chance to go into the League One play-off places as they are held to a goalless draw with Chesterfield.
- Goals from John Egan and Harlee Dean help Brentford beat Championship play-off hopefuls Sheffield Wednesday.
- Detectives investigating a Sheffield killing try to trace the movements of a car linked to the attack.
Plans for permanent cycle racing circuit in Doncaster
There are plans to construct a permanent 1km racing circuit in Doncaster. The South Yorkshire Times (link is external) reports that Doncaster Council has earmarked land next to the Dome's car park and plans to apply to British Cycling for funding via ...
- ITV News
Doncaster rapist jailed for nine years
A man has been jailed for nine years today after admitting raping and sexually assaulting a Doncaster teenager, resulting in her becoming pregnant with his child. Glen Sambrook was jailed for nine years today Credit: South Yorkshire Police. Glen ...and more »
- BBC News
Jordan Houghton: Doncaster Rovers loanee returns to Chelsea with ...
Doncaster Rovers midfielder Jordan Houghton is ruled out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.
Doncaster Rovers midfielder Jordan Houghton out for the seasonThe Star
DRFC On Loan Midfielder Returns To ChelseaVitalfootballall 7 news articles »
- Doncaster Rovers midfielder Jordan Houghton is ruled out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.
- Dogs died during blaze in Doncaster
TWO dogs died during a blaze in outbuildings in the garden of a house in Doncaster this morning. TWO dogs died during a blaze in outbuildings in the garden of a house in Doncaster this morning. The two outbuildings in the garden of a house on Melbourne ...
- #FlyDSA: 'Why we choose to fly from Doncaster Sheffield Airport...'
With Doncaster Sheffield Airport just 25 minutes from Sheffield city centre, is it really surprising that more people than ever before are choosing to fly from the region's local airport? Last month, DSA announced its best year ever, with more than 1.2 ...and more »
- Doncaster Rovers: Alfie May has given Darren Ferguson a striker selection headache
Darren Ferguson admits he faces a big decision over his strike force heading into Saturday's clash with Accrington Stanley – all thanks to Alfie May. The striker came off the bench to net his first goal for Rovers – and his first in professional ...
- Lewis Siddall died after he was punched in the head in a bar in an "unprovoked" attack.
- Customers reported the products' bases were cracking as they made tea.
Gavin and Jamie McDonnell hoping to become 'Klitschkos of Doncaster'
When Gavin McDonnell drunkenly promised to take up boxing and win titles like his twin, Jamie, he was laughed at. But Gavin's single-minded, dogged determination has paid off, as he disputes the vacant WBC world super-bantamweight title against ...and more »
- Global airlines see Doncaster Sheffield airport in new light
Global airlines are seeing Doncaster Sheffield Airport in a new light thanks to massive growth, strong support - and The Star's campaign to promote it. Chris Harcombe, head of aviation development, said in the last week an international operator had ...and more »
- Daily Star
Manager confident of luring Chelsea midfielder away from Stamford Bridge this summer
DONCASTER ROVERS boss Darren Ferguson is confident of taking Jordan Houghton on loan from Chelsea again next season. 0. By Jamie Styles / Published 20th February 2017. Chelsea youngster Jordan Houghton GETTY. Chelsea youngster Jordan ...and more »
- Assel Al-Essaie was shot in the chest on a street in Sheffield on Saturday.
- Daily Star
Everton already have deal in place: Club waiting on midfielder to seal switch
DONCASTER ROVERS already have a deal in place to sign Everton midfielder Conor Grant permanently this summer. By Jamie Styles / Published 20th February 2017. Everton midfielder Conor Grant GETTY. Everton midfielder Conor Grant. That is according ...
Grant could make Doncaster move permanentToffeeweball 4 news articles »
- An independent panel says the 150-year-old oak tree is healthy but has been earmarked for felling.
Follow @DoncasterUKNews on Twitter!