- Measures against the birds range from shooting them to using hawks to scare them.
- The man accused of killing children's author Helen Bailey "grossly deceived" her, a trial is told.
- Gareth Ainsworth is charged with misconduct by the Football Association after an incident in Wycombe's defeat by Crewe.
- Staff working 14- or 15-hour shifts "not uncommon", union claims.
- Children discover 'being a butler isn't easy' at a school for servants.
- UK and Germany seek to safeguard jobs in the potential merger of carmakers Vauxhall and Peugeot.
- A very long carpet being illegally transported is the last straw for a police officer.
- Stevenage make it four home wins in a row by defeating relegation-threatened Cheltenham 2-1 in League Two.
- Bury earn another point in their battle for League One survival as they draw 0-0 at home to MK Dons.
- Olympic cycling champions Laura and Jason Kenny announce they are expecting their first child.
- James Jones struck a late penalty as rejuvenated Crewe made it back-to-back wins with a 2-1 victory over Sky Bet League Two play-off hopefuls Wycombe.
- Thames Water admitted water pollution and other offences at sewage facilities in Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire.
- A row between two traveller families ended with the death of a "gentle giant".
- The supermarket giant promises to check prices at over 3,500 shops following a BBC investigation.
- A drone "narrowly avoided" colliding with an airbus at 6,000 feet over Hertfordshire, a report reveals.
- Late goals lift National League title hopefuls Forest Green to a hard-fought victory over Boreham Wood at the New Lawn.
- Two goals from leading scorer Danny Hylton see Luton come from behind to beat Crawley at Kenilworth Road.
- Manchester United move one point behind Manchester City with victory over Watford at Old Trafford.
- Matt Godden is on target again for Stevenage as they beat promotion-chasing Wycombe. to record a third successive win.
- Substitute Kane Hemmings scores a late winner as Oxford made it five wins in a row by beating MK Dons.
- The mystery man who was found dead in 1997 had a tattoo on his arm of a woman's head and a heart.
- A judge praises a police officer who infiltrated the group of so-called Islamic State followers.
- Denis Cruse took part in the famous Pegasus Bridge operation on D-Day.
- Cornish Pirates agree a two-year contract with Bedford Blues prop Christian Judge, who will join the club next season.
- A UK charity fundraiser finds his "very common" name M Islam on a US restriction list.
- A man accused of murdering a children's author tells a court he spoke to her after she went missing.
- Bedfordshire News
People power sees Central Bedfordshire council tax plans scaled back
A LOCAL authority has dropped its prospective council tax increase after residents raised concerns about the impact upon low income households. Earlier this year, executive councillors at Central Bedfordshire Council proposed to increase council tax by ...and more »
- A children's author was snatched by two vicious men who threatened her fiance, a court hears.
- Boys, aged five and seven, were questioned by their school and police about their toy guns.
- BBC News
Terror fear toy gun family get Central Bedfordshire Council apology
A mother has told how her two young sons were given "nightmares" after they were removed from school and quizzed about their toy guns. The children, aged five and seven, were at a Bedfordshire school when they revealed their parents had bought them ...and more »
- Nicky Maynard's volley deep into added time earns MK Dons victory in a dour encounter against Oldham.
- Women's Super League Two club Watford Ladies appoint former Charlton Athletic boss Keith Boanas as their new head coach.
- Children's writer Helen Bailey's fiance says he was unaware she was dead until her body was found.
- The Commons Speaker insists he acted "honestly and honourably" in criticising the US president.
- After Milton Keynes turned 50, a model railway society claims unique link to new town.
- A pregnant Somalian woman who was attacked in Bletchley lost her unborn twins.
- Lennox Lewis says it is the perfect time for Anthony Joshua to beat Wladimir Klitschko when the two meet at Wembley on 29 April.
- Alleged killer also gave conflicting accounts of when he last saw author Helen Bailey, a court hears.
- A cyclist is escorted off one of the country's busiest roads.
- The death is currently being treated as "unexplained" by Thames Valley Police.
- Gianfranco Zola's first win at Birmingham and Yeovil's personal touch are among five EFL stories you may have missed.
- Scott Kashket scores his 15th goal of the season as Wycombe overcome Portsmouth to go sixth in the League Two table.
- M'Baye Niang scores one goal and makes another on his Watford home debut as 10-man Burnley's miserable away record continues.
- High-flying Bolton are held to a draw by MK Dons as their winless run extends to four games in League One.
- Grimsby keeper James McKeown saves a stoppage-time penalty to deny Luton an away victory in their League Two game.
- Matt Godden scores twice, the second an injury-time winner, as Stevenage come from behind to beat Crawley in League Two.
- Bedfordshire News
Cathartic poetry from Chris Tutton at Luton Central Library
EXPLORE how reading, writing and poetry can help with anxiety, stress and depression with celebrated poet Chris Tutton next weekend. by Taboola by Taboola · Sponsored Links Sponsored Links · Promoted Links Promoted Links. YOU MAY LIKE. Cup of Jo ...
Central Bedfordshire Council has no plans to introduce early morning charges for bus pass users - Bedfordshire NewsBedfordshire News
Central Bedfordshire Council has no plans to introduce early morning charges for bus pass users
CENTRAL Bedfordshire Council claims it won't follow the path of the neighbouring authority by charging £1 for bus pass holders before 9.30am on weekdays. On Wednesday, February 1, Bedford Borough Council introduced the bus fare charges for disabled ...
- Milton Keynes has been turned into a giant game where locals are encouraged to get active and collect points to win prizes.
- It is hoped the Airlander 10 will return to the skies later this year after crash landing in August.
Follow @C_Bedfordshire on Twitter!