We’re investigating an assault on a woman in Parson Street, Bedminster, Bristol, and are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
We want to speak to anyone who saw a dispute between a man and a woman at about 3.50pm on Wednesday
- We went along to celebrate the official opening of the new play equipment at Troopers Hill on Saturday (22 October).
In July 2015, the local Neighbourhood Sergeant Darren Warr, wrote a letter in support of The Friends of Troopers
- Less money and more demand mean that Britain’s urban green spaces are in decline. Now a parliamentary inquiry will assess the threatBritain’s public parks are locked in a “nightmare scenario”, “facing their jaws of doom” and have “reached the tipping point”, according to parks professionals preparing for Monday’s opening of a select committee inquiry into the funding of parks.“Since 2010, public parks have been in the cross-hairs of aus
- On-loan Chelsea duo Charlie Colkett and Jake Clarke-Salter score as promotion-chasing Bristol Rovers win at Oldham.
- Veteran striker Aaron Wilbraham grabs an 88th-minute winner as Bristol City edge past Blackburn Rovers at Ashton Gate.
- Police are looking for persons who live on the Lyde Green estate in Downend to help be part of a new Neighbourhood Watch scheme.The benefits of the scheme include the possibility of reduced house insurance, bringing the community
- The Severn Tunnel reopens on Saturday after closing for six weeks for rail electrification works.
- Somerset Magistrates Court granted a Closure Order on a property in Bridgwater following ongoing incidents of anti-social behaviour.The Beat Team became aware that residents of West Street were suffering from ongoing incidents o
- PCSO's Paul Spreadbury and Shaun Lambourne visited 51st Ascension Beavers and Cubs group at Oldfield Park to give a talk on how to keep safe, especially now the nights are drawing in.Leader Ashley Russell said "They had a whale of
- Can you help us to identify this woman?
We think she might be able to help with our investigation into an arson in Bridge Street, Taunton.
The incident happened at around 12.30am hours on Sunday October 2 when someone entered Scop
- We’re releasing CCTV images of a man we want to identify in connection with a robbery in Bridgwater.
At about 2.35am on Saturday 15 October, a 55-year-old man was approached by another man on the town centre bridge, between Fore S
- Times are tough for small dairy farmers in the West with figures showing nearly 40% have closed since 2002.
- We are appealing for witnesses to an altercation that took place between two men in Glastonbury.
The incident happened at around 7.50pm on Wednesday October 12 on High St near the Conservative Club.
A second incident between took
- Two people were given more than two years in prison and a restraining order after assaulting a woman and then threatening her while she was in hospital.Scott Baird was sentenced to 18 months in jail after pushing his way into th
- A fire above a department store in Bath is believed to have been deliberate, police say.
- Bristol still at the top of UK cities house price inflation table
House price growth in UK cities is running at 8.5 per cent annually – up from 5.7 per cent a year ago – but growth in London has slowed rapidly in the last quarter to the lowest level of quarterly growth for 20 months. Eleven cities – with Bristol at ...and more »
- The mayor of Bristol is investigating complaints about a busy commuter route that has been made one-way for the Metrobus project.
- Belfast Telegraph
Rhys Priestland shines as Bath see off Bristol
Rhys Priestland kicked five penalties as Bath recorded a 22-6 victory over Bristol in Pool 4 of the European Rugby Challenge Cup. The Wales international fly-half led his side to a second successive win in the competition with four successful first ...and more »
- Bath beat Bristol in the European Rugby Challenge Cup in the first meeting of the two West Country rivals since 2009.
- A baby gorilla born by caesarean section eight months ago has begun meeting others in her troop.
- The best kind of artist is the one who forges their own path. They're the one who strays away from the herd while creating music that's both innovative and original.
- The Guardian
Bristol zoo's caesarean-born gorilla meets troop members for first time
Afia, a baby gorilla born by caesarean section eight months ago, with Romina. Photograph: Bristol zoo/PA. Press Association. Thursday 20 October 2016 13.51 EDT Last modified on Thursday 20 October 2016 14.01 EDT. Share on Facebook · Share on ...and more »
- Afia has been introduced to Romina, the zoo’s 36-year-old female, after being hand-reared since her birth eight months agoA baby gorilla born by caesarean section eight months ago has begun meeting others in her troop at Bristol zoo.Afia, a western lowland gorilla, was born in February and has now met the zoo’s 36-year-old female, Romina, while her keepers watched on. The pair are getting on well and are now spending 24 hours a day together. Related: Gorilla born by caesarean doing w
- The Guardian
Bristol zoo's caesarean-born gorilla meets troop members for first ...
Afia has been introduced to Romina, the zoo's 36-year-old female, after being hand-reared since her birth eight months ago.and more »
- We have arrested two people after officers found a cannabis factory in Pilton.
Officers from Wells, assisted by officers from our Catch Team at Shepton Mallet and firearms units, attended an address in Pilton on 13/10 following in
- Fishponds Police Station is open Monday to Friday 10:00 - 18:00
- Halloween 'Tips' Posters available from Fishponds Front office, open Mondayto Friday 10:00 - 18:00
- A former police chief superintendent is charged with sexually assaulting three women on trains.
- Explorer David Hempleman-Adams returns to the UK after circumnavigating the North Pole by boat to highlight retreating sea ice.
- The Clifton Down beat team took part in a road safety operation at the beginning of October to deal with cyclists and drivers who contravened the no left turn from Whiteladies Road onto Tyndalls Park Road and turning left from Tyn
- Gloucestershire re-sign batsman Cameron Bancroft for the 2017 season to play across all formats.
- - Set a timer switch to turn your lights on when it gets dark - unlit houses are a give away that no one is at home- Lock your doors , patios and downstairs windows - even when you are in. Make sure you double check them again bef
- A 43-year-old man wanted in connection with a high-value fraud features in a new appeal launched by the National Crime Agency and Crimestoppers today.
Mark Richard Acklom is wanted for defrauding a woman he was in a relationship w
- Peasedown and Paulton beat team have now had the first of their officers trained in the use of the new body warn camera. The first of the cameras has been issued to PCSO Tony McIntosh and over the coming months the rest of the tea
- Belfast Telegraph
Todd Blackadder welcomes return of Bath-Bristol rivalry
Todd Blackadder has welcomed a renewal of the rivalry between Bath and Bristol going into Thursday's European Challenge Cup west country derby. The clubs, who first played each other 128 years ago, have not met since 2009 due to Bristol's relegation ...and more »
- We are asking farmers to be vigilant after five quad bikes were stolen from the Cheddar and Axbridge area over the weekend, and a further two were taken on Monday 17/10 – one near Taunton and the other from Bath.
- We are trying to identify this man (see photo) as we need to speak to him in connection with an incident on 15/09 in Taunton.
The incident took place at approximately 6pm on Blackbrook Way about 50 yards from the roundabout with I
- We're appealing for witnesses and information after jewellery was stolen in two burglaries in Thornbury on Monday 17 October.
The first happened between 9.40am and 10.10am at an address in Gloucester Road. The family was out for a
- The Guardian picture editors bring you a selection of photo highlights from around the world, including murals in Bristol and in Rome, and the Mosul offensive Continue reading...
- We have now issued CCTV video of two men we would like to trace in connection with a burglary which has left a grieving family devastated.
Thieves are believed to have broken into the house in Larkhall, Bath, at about 5.30pm on Mo
- We’re appealing for witnesses after a burglary at a Somerset service station.
Two men forced entry into the service station on Broadway in Merriott at around 3.40am on Saturday, 15 October.
The men subsequently attacked an ATM wit
- A man who falsely imprisoned two young women after posing as a taxi driver has been jailed.
Anthony Steven Cox, 53, of Salisbury Street, Bristol admitted picking the women up at a taxi rank on Corn Street, Bristol at approximately
- A man is due before Bath Magistrates on Wednesday 19 October charged with vehicle crime.
The 48-year-old, who is from Bath, is charged with interfering with a motor vehicle in Grosvenor Place, Bath, on Tuesday 18 October and also
- We’re supporting a national week of action tackling uninsured drivers.
This week, we’re taking action against those drivers who choose to get behind the wheel without insurance.
Our officers are aiming to target over 1000 uninsure
- Bristol Post
UK's answer to Buffy The Vampire Slayer filmed in Bristol
THE latest drama to roll off the production line at south Bristol's answer to Hollywood is being screened tonight. Crazyhead, which is being called the UK's answer to Buffy The Vampire Slayer, was made at the Bottle Yard studios in Hengrove and filmed ...
- Bristol Post
South West property prices out-perform all other UK regions
Average prices in the South West region stand at £243,226, which is nine per cent more than a year ago. South West property prices out-perform all other UK regions. X. Share Tweet Share Pin It Email. Copy link to paste in your message. /. SHARE PICTURE.
- National Rock Review
The Virginmarys at The O2 in Bristol, UK
National Rock Review
The Virginmarys arrive in Bristol on one of their few UK dates opening for Feeder. Macclesfield's finest are riding the crest of a wave at the moment, having blossomed over the last couple of years to become firm favourites on both sides of the Atlantic.
- Post police 999 Event.Frome Neighbourhood Policing Team held a 999 Emergency Service fun day at the Cheese and Grain car park on Sunday 16th October 2016.The event proved to be a huge success with a high number of families attendi
- A call from a member of the public reporting a man acting suspiciously around cars in Bath led to an arrest.
We were called to Grosvenor Place, Bath, at about 11.50pm on Monday 17 October by a passer-by who had spotted someone try
- An agency worker who threatened to harm supporters of Bristol Rovers Football Club by tampering with food may face criminal charges.
Follow @bristoluknws on Twitter!