We’re appealing for the public’s help in identifying a man in CCTV images we’re releasing following a robbery in South Gloucestershire.
The incident happened at approximately 4.15pm yesterday (3/12) at First Choice travel agents o
LIVE Gloucester Rugby - Bristol Rugby - Premiership - 3 December ...
Premiership – Follow the Rugby match between Gloucester Rugby and Bristol Rugby live with Eurosport. The match starts at 16:30 on 3 December 2016.
Gloucester Rugby – Bristol Rugby – Eurosport.co.uksportal.co.inall 13 news articles »
- LIVE Bristol City - Ipswich Town - Championship Football - 3 December 2016
Championship – Follow the Football match between Bristol City and Ipswich Town live with Eurosport. The match starts at 15:00 on 3 December 2016. Our live coverage lets you follow all the key moments as they happen. Who will come out on top in the ...and more »
- A 67-year-old man has been convicted of abusing two boys at a primary school in South Gloucestershire.
Brian Kelly, of Kingswood in South Gloucestershire, was found guilty of five non-recent offences of sexually assaulting a child
- Three people have been jailed for a combined total of more than 25 years for trafficking and controlling prostitution offences committed in Bristol.
Jiri Mizer, 33, of no fixed address, and Viera Sulcova, 39, of Blenheim Road in G
- Two of the victims in the Bristol human trafficking inquiry have spoken of their ordeals in statements given to the court.
Both women, who are Czech nationals, have allowed us to use extracts of their statements written for today’
- A call from a resident of flats on Parson Street, Bedminster, to report people acting suspiciously has resulted in two men being arrested for stealing bikes from an adjoining shed.
An 18-year-old man and 17-year-old boy, both from
- We’re asking people living in the Soundwell area to be alert after a number of daytime burglaries since Monday 28 November.
In most cases the thieves smashed rear patio doors or side windows to get into the house to steal jeweller
- We’re appealing for information after two cars were set on fire on the driveway of a house in The Daglands, Camerton.
The fire was so close to the property the uPVC windows and door were damaged.
It happened at about 3.30am on Thu
- Four burglary suspects were arrested in Bristol yesterday (December 1) by officers working to track down offenders wanted in connection with incidents in the city.
The same day Brian Barton, 35, from Great Wood Close in Hartcliffe
- Gloucester host Bristol in Saturday's Premiership fixture at Kingsholm (16:30 GMT).
- England lock Maro Itoje returns from injury for Saracens as they travel to Bath in the Premiership on Saturday.
- Tolls for the Severn Bridge and Second Severn Crossing into Wales will rise in the New Year.
- Bristol City centre-half Aden Flint signs a new contract, keeping him at the Championship club until the summer of 2020.
- Preview followed by live coverage of Saturday's Championship game between Bristol City and Ipswich Town.
- Wanted Weston-super-Mare man Lee Cooper has been arrested.
Cooper, 34, was arrested in Essex last night.
We'd like to thank everyone who assisted with our earlier appeal.
- We're releasing CCTV footage as part of an appeal for witnesses following an assault in Taunton which left a man with a broken jaw.
The incident happened around 2.15am on Sunday, 30 October when many people were out celebrating Ha
- The awards highlight the very best of Avon and Somerset Constabulary, acknowledging and rewarding the dedicated officers, staff and volunteers for their hard work in ensuring the communities of Avon and Somerset are safe and feel
- Guernsey FC could bring in loan players from Bristol City after agreeing a tie-up with the Championship club.
- We’re asking for help to trace the rightful owner of this jewellery, which we believe may have been stolen.
It was found around the end of October by a member of the public who was litter-picking along a bridleway off Church Lane,
- We now have more details of the property stolen in a burglary in Lawn Close, Cheswick Village, between 8.30am and 5.45pm on Monday 28 November.
The thieves broke in while the householder was at work, with the time now narrowed dow
- An early reunion and a boss with a second chance feature among BBC Sport's stories to watch in the FA Cup second round.
- The family of a woman who took her own life and that of her newborn daughter plan a fundraising walk in her memory.
- Former footballers allege they were subjected to grooming and sexual abuse while at Southampton FC.
- A 30-year-old man from Horfield has been sentenced to six months in prison today (December 1) after being arrested in possession of a knife on Kensington Park, Easton, in August.
Mohamed Yacub from St Gregory’s Road was arrested
- UK's 'first dedicated improv theatre' to open in Bristol in March 2017
A venue dedicated to improvised theatre and comedy is to open in Bristol, in what its founders claim will be the first of its kind in the UK. The Bristol Improv Theatre will be based within a former members' club in the Clifton area of the city, and ...
- Make sure you’ve properly cleared any ice and snow from your car before setting off, including from your car’s lights, mirrors, and roof. Snow from the roof could melt and fall on your windscreen, limiting your visibility and incr
- Aerospace company Rolls-Royce says it will cut an extra 800 roles from its marine division, blaming weak demand from energy customers.
- A student describes the "intriguing evening" he spent with a homeless man who turned out to be an escaped convict.
- We’re appealing for the public’s help in finding wanted man Simon Inker.
The 42-year-old is wanted on recall to prison after his licence was revoked. He has a conviction for burglary.
He’s described as white, 5ft 11ins, of medium
- More than a quarter of a million people in England are homeless, says housing charity Shelter.
- We’re asking for information from the public relating to a wanted man from Weston-super-Mare.
Lee Cooper, 34, is wanted on a recall to prison for failing to comply with the terms of his licence.
He was released from prison after s
- England captain Sarah Hunter on her journey from rugby league to becoming the world's best female rugby union player.
- A dedicated football sex abuse hotline has received a "staggering surge" in calls, the NSPCC says.
- We’re launching our annual Christmas drink and drug drive campaign today.
Operation Tonic, which will run until 1 January 2017, will involve high visibility and covert patrols aimed at targeting drink and drug drivers.
As part of
- Avon Fire Authority is to be investigated following "serious and persistent" allegations against it.
- Cycle groups in Bath have been left disappointed by the local authority's decision not to grit cycle paths in the icy weather. Sub-zero temperatures have brought an icy snap to the city, making travelling conditions - whether by car, bike or on foot - potentially dangerous.
- Up to 100 jobs could be cut at Imperial Tobacco's head quarters in Bristol, the firm confirms.
- William Maguire has been ordered to pay back almost A 25,000 after he was successfully prosecuted by the B&NES Council Trading Standards Team William Maguire has been ordered to pay back almost 25,000 after he was successfully prosecuted by the B&NES... A rogue trader has been ordered to pay back almost A 25,000 after he was successfully prosecuted by the Bath & North East Somerset Council Trading Standards Team. He pleaded guilty at Bath Magistrates Court on Friday, September 9, to
- TechSPARK (blog)
Bristol-based entrepreneur Dr Becky Sage wins Innovate UK Infocus awards
becky-sage-isci-nano-simbox Dr Becky Sage (pictured right) is the winner of Innovate UK's 'Women in Innovation' Infocus funding award in the Enabling and Emerging Technologies category. She won for her impressive work as Managing Director of ...
- Neighbourhood officers seized suspected cannabis with a street value of approximately £30,000 in Brislington last week.
Intelligence received from the local community led us to carry out a warrant at the property on Trelawney Park
- North Somerset Times
Penny Brohn UK's Bristol Christmas concert
North Somerset Times
A Christmas concert will be held to raise money for a Pill cancer charity next week. Share article from on facebook. Tweet article from. Share article from on Google Plus. post article from on reddit · email article from. Share. Comment. Email this ...
- Bristol's deputy mayor is "hopeful" funding, which would see the return of the St Pauls carnival, will be awarded.
- Christmas crime prevention advice•Protecting your car•Protecting your home•Protecting your property•Passing stolen goodsChristmas is a busy time of year for everyone, including the criminal. We know, however, that a high percentag
- The body of a man found in the River Avon is formally identified as missing student Henry Burke.
- The body of a man found in the River Avon in Bath has been formally identified as 19-year-old Henry Burke.
Henry, from Ripon in North Yorkshire but who grew up in Buckinghamshire, was found in the stretch of the river off Old Orch
- People living on Exmoor are asked to be alert following a number of rural thefts in the past two weeks.Items have been stolen from farms on Exmoor to a very high value, and all residents are asked to report anything suspicious to
- Semesa Rokoduguni and Marland Yarde are retained in England's 25-man squad to prepare for Saturday's Test with Australia.
- Entry was gained and 2 rooms were found to be full of growing hydroponic equipment and 28 mature cannabis plants.The suspect was arrested , interviewed and admitted the offence and received a caution
- Bath wing Matt Banahan is ruled out for about three months with a knee injury, reports BBC Radio Bristol.
Follow @bristoluknws on Twitter!