- Police Service of Northern Ireland condemns murder attempt at petrol stationTwo more men have been arrested in connection with the shooting of a police officer in Belfast by republican dissidents on Sunday night.The pair, aged 30 and 39, were detained in Belfast on Monday evening as part of the investigation by the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) into the murder attempt at a petrol station in the north of the city. Another man, aged 36, remains in custody after being arrested in Belfas
RHI scandal: DUP MLAs Carla Lockhart and William Irwin reveal family members have boilers under the botched green energy schemeTwo DUP MLAs have revealed that they have family members who installed Renewable Heating Incentive (RHI) boilers.
- Northern Ireland Economy minister Simon Hamilton has insisted it is in the public interest to publish the details of recipients of the botched renewable heating scheme.
North Belfast shooting: Injured officer 'recovering well' as police appeal for information on Audi carA PSNI detective has appealed for information about car used in an attack on an officer at a filling station on the Crumlin Road in north Belfast.
- Rory McIlroy will not compete at this week's Dubai Desert Classic.
- Ulster Unionist MLA for West Tyrone Ross Hussey has confirmed he won't seek re-election due to health concerns
- 'Allo 'Allo! actress Vicki Michelle has led the tributes to her co-star Gorden Kaye following his death, saying he was "an icon across the world".
- Actor Gorden Kaye, best known for his role in the long-running sitcom 'Allo 'Allo!, has died aged 75.
Trident row: SDLP demands explanation after claims nuclear deterrent missile malfunctioned off the coast of FloridaThe SDLP has demanded that the MOD explains why it allegedly hid a Trident missile malfunction only weeks before a Westminster vote on renewing £40 billion nuclear deterrent last summer.
- Michelle O'Neill says becoming Sinn Féin's new Northern leader is the "biggest honour" of her life.
- A banned motorist who drove at up to 113mph as police tried to stop her has been jailed for four months.
- Sinn Féin picks Michelle O'Neill to replace Martin McGuinness five weeks before snap elections.
- The Chief Constable George Hamilton has branded the attack on a police officer in north Belfast last night as ‘attempted murder’.
- As Michelle O'Neill becomes the new Sinn Féin leader north of the border, BBC News NI looks at her career to date.
- Sinn Fein have named Michelle O'Neill as its new leader in Northern Ireland.
- Michelle O'Neill's journey from rural County Tyrone to Sinn Féin's new Northern leader.
- Gardaí (Irish Police) and the republic's revenue service put herbal cannabis worth €37.5 million seized at Dublin Port on Friday on display.
- Two Aer Lingus staff are arrested as part of an investigation into illegal immigration at Dublin Airport.
- George Hamilton describes gun attack on busy petrol station in which one officer was shot as ‘completely reckless’Suspected dissident republicans who sprayed a petrol station in Belfast with automatic gunfire endangered not only the lives of two police officers but also the civilian staff and drivers at the garage, Northern Ireland’s chief constable has said.The head of the Police Service of Northern Ireland, George Hamilton, described the attack on the filling station as &ldqu
- A dental lecturer was overheard having sex in his office by a colleague as she tried to comfort a student who was grieving over the death of a family member, a hearing has been told.
- A woman in her 90s has died following a house fire in Jonesborough, County Armagh.
- A 51-year-old man has appeared before Lisburn Magistrates Court charged with the murder of Anita Downey in Lurgan.
- A police officer is injured after automatic gunfire is sprayed across a garage forecourt in Belfast.
- David Lyness appears in court charged with the murder of Anita Downey in Lurgan, County Armagh.
- For those women who suffer severe premenstrual syndrome (PMS) every lead up to a period can feel like a living hell, but if you have a cat you may suffer even more.
Police chief Hamilton: Gunmen likely 'hiding behind fencing' across from north Belfast petrol stationNorthern Ireland's police chief has said gunmen who opened fire at a PSNI officer at a busy petrol station in north Belfast were likely hiding behind fencing across the road.
- There is no proposal to compensate businesses which lose money from an reduction in their RHI tariff, says senior civil servant.
- A man has died following a crash on the main road between Belfast and Bangor, County Down.
- Northern Ireland, London, the South East and Eastern regions are experiencing very high levels of pollutants known as particulate matter, or PMs, which come from sources such as traffic emissions, in particular diesel engines.
- Two Aer Lingus employees were among three men arrested as part of an investigation into an international illegal immigrant smuggling network.
- Uncapped Munster brothers Niall and Rory Scannell, plus winger Andrew Conway, are named in a 40-man Ireland Six Nations squad.
- Northern Ireland's police chief has said a PSNI officer was wounded a petrol station in north Belfast was sprayed with automatic gunfire during a drive-by shooting.
- An athlete knows when he is ready to fire, when he has raised the bar and I just feel going into this re-match with Leo Santa Cruz more explosive than ever before — like a stack of dynamite waiting for the fuse to be lit.
- Northern Ireland Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard MLA has announced a public consultation on a draft Belfast Bicycle Network.
- An eyewitness to a shooting in north Belfast has described how he was told to "get on the ground" by a police officer during a gun attack on a petrol station
- Two people have died in separate house fires over the weekend in Northern Ireland.
- A woman aged in her 90s has died following a house fire in Co Armagh.
- Gosford 5K/10K is the sixth race in the Belfast Telegraph Run Forest Run Series. Gosford Forest Park comprises some 240 hectares of diverse woodland and open parkland and is set in gentle rolling drumlin countryside.
- The widow of murdered Bangor teacher Gary Ferguson has pleaded with the chief suspect Harris Binotti to hand himself into the authorities.
- Police in Northern Ireland have confirmed that a man has died following a single vehicle road traffic collision on the A2 dual carriageway between Belfast and Bangor.
- Commuters in Belfast are now shelling out up to £9 a day for the privilege of parking at a train station, it can be revealed.
- Victims of two of the most shocking atrocities of the Troubles have called on former Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness to explain why the IRA inflicted so much suf fering on Northern Ireland.
- A public inquiry into Northern Ireland's botched green energy scheme will leave no hiding places, Stormont's finance minister has vowed.
- A Northern Ireland businessman fears "persecution" over Stormont plans to name those who availed of the Renewable Heating Incentive (RHI).
- The shooting of a PSNI officer dominates the papers, but there's also plenty on Martin McGuinness' likely replacement.
- Long before Martin McGuinness became ill, the front-runners to take over when he eventually retired were household names. Conor Murphy was the odds-on shot with John O'Dowd the clear second favourite.
Sinn Fein's new ‘leader of the North’ Michelle O'Neill will have her work cut out as election day loomsMichelle O'Neill is today expected to be named as Sinn Fein's new leader in Northern Ireland as the party attempts to rebrand itself for the next generation of voters.
- The gun attack on a PSNI officer last night was widely condemned as "the work of cowards" by DUP leader Arlene Foster.
- A police officer was last night undergoing surgery after he was shot at least twice in the arm in a suspected dissident republican murder bid in north Belfast.
Follow @belfast_nws on Twitter!