Fire crews tackle fire in Abbey Path, Basildon, leaving woman in care of ambulance service
FIRE crews were called to a blaze in Basildon, which left a woman in the care of the ambulance service as she returned to her smoke filled home. Basildon and Corringham firefighters were called to a house in Abbey Path at about 4.30pm, and arrived they ...
Woman and pets rescued from Basildon bungalow fireYellow Advertiserall 3 news articles »
- Southend Standard
Basildon man banned from driving and Rayleigh woman jailed for driving offences
A MAN has been given six points on his licence and a suspended prison sentence, and a woman has been jailed for driving whilst disqualified. Darren Girling, 40, of Havenrow, Basildon, was charged with driving whilst disqualified and driving without ...
- Copeland is May's Basildon Man
The London Economic
In the early days of Margaret Thatcher's tenure as Prime Minister a sociological phenomenon dubbed the “Basildon man” came into existence to describe the archetypal Thatcher supporter that had previously been expected to vote Labour. The Basildon Man ...
- Yellow Advertiser
CONFIRMED: Basildon's Trafford House car park sold off for housing development
The Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) – the Government department which owned the land – confirmed it had been sold at auction for £725,000. That figure does not include VAT, stamp duty or auction fees. The HCA refused to say who had bought the ...and more »
Basildon man slapped with road ban after he was clocked doing 108mph in a 40mph zone - Yellow AdvertiserYellow Advertiser
Basildon man slapped with road ban after he was clocked doing 108mph in a 40mph zone
A BASILDON man has been slapped with a six-month road ban after he was caught doing 108mph in a 40mph zone. Motorcyclist Benjamin Heard, 24, of The Fremnells, pleaded guilty to speeding at Basildon Magistrates Court last week. He admitted the ...and more »
Bus driver jailed for a year at Basildon Crown Court for causing death of pensioner, 82, in Tilbury - Essex LiveEssex Live
Bus driver jailed for a year at Basildon Crown Court for causing death of pensioner, 82, in Tilbury
A bus driver who caused the death of an elderly man by careless driving has been jailed for a year. Stephen Thompson, 49, was driving a double-decker bus in the Civic Square, in Tilbury, when he struck Derek Coleman, on September 1, 2015. 82-year-old ...and more »
Live in Basildon? Council tax is going up 1.99 per cent to plug £3m black hole
BASILDON Council has agreed its budget for the year ahead in a bid to plug a £3million black hole. Councillors approved a 1.99 per cent council tax hike - the equivalent to 10p a week for band D properties. Basildon Council said its budget also ...and more »
50-year-old woman rescued from house fire in Basildon
A 50-year-old woman was rescued by firefighters after a fire broke out in her bungalow. The incident happened last night, in Quilters Straight, Basildon, just after 7pm. When crews arrived they found the front of the property was on fire. Two ...and more »
- Yellow Advertiser
Basildon Town: Town edge out Runwell Sports to remain top
BASILDON Town remains top of the ProKit UK Essex Olympian League Division One after a thrilling 3-2 victory over much improved Runwell Sports. Jack Main bagged a brace while Marcus Bowers was also on target for the hosts. Speaking after the match, ...and more »
- Colchester United boost their League Two play-off hopes with victory over struggling Hartlepool United.
- Two Josh Wright goals in the space of four first-half minutes secure Gillingham victory over 10-man Southend.
- Braintree and Maidstone played out a goalless draw in the National League at Cressing Road.
- A 29-year-old is accused in connection with the death of three-year-old Dexter Neal last year.
- Eccentric? Perhaps a little. Just don't expect a cast of Willy Wonka types.
- Callum Hutchins, 21, and Conall Regan, 22, opened fire on the other car during an early-morning pursuit.
Man suffered 'serious injury' to face in 'altercation' at Basildon nightclub, says Essex Police - Yellow AdvertiserYellow Advertiser
Man suffered 'serious injury' to face in 'altercation' at Basildon nightclub, says Essex Police
A MAN suffered a 'serious injury' to his face during a 'disturbance' at a Basildon nightclub. Essex Police was called to an 'altercation close to the dancefloor' at Chicago's, at the Festival Leisure Park, at around 2.20am on Saturday, February 18 ...and more »
Plans unveiled for Wickford's new community centre as Basildon Council passes budget - Halstead GazettePlans unveiled for Wickford's new community centre as Basildon Council passes budget
A NEW, improved and expanded community centre for Wickford has moved a huge step closer with the agreement by Basildon Council to contribute up to £300,000 to ensure the project is affordable. The funding was announced by Phil Turner, council leader ...and more »
- Beating up love rivals and trying to get a job are among the myriad reasons given by offenders for going "on the run".
- Will Quince said he was "horrified" to receive abuse from an anonymous Twitter user.
- Several drivers had lucky escapes and fallen power lines caused rail delays.
- Essex Live
Basildon KFC evacuates 30 customers after fire
Around 30 people were evacuated from a Basildon KFC after a fire broke out in the restaurant. Two fire crews from Basildon were called to the restaurant in Mayflower Retail Park to deal with an oven fire which started at 7.04pm on Wednesday evening ...
- Colchester United defender Frankie Kent and forward Denny Johnstone will miss the rest of the season through injury.
- Ricci Gallagher, 46, died after being found injured at the homer of a former fashion executive.
- The family of a man who electrocuted himself in jail receive an apology from the justice secretary.
- A 22-year-old woman has found herself the only woman shortlisted in this year's Premier Young Butcher of the Year.
- Southend United's Michael Timlin says he was desperate to play against Peterborough, one day after the birth of his son.
Essex Senior League: Brave London Bari stung by Basildon United in League Challenge Cup - Newham RecorderNewham Recorder
Essex Senior League: Brave London Bari stung by Basildon United in League Challenge Cup
London Bari in action against Basildon United in the second round of the Essex Senior League Challenge Cup (pic: Pete Dudley). Archant. First half penalty earns Essex club victory at Stuart Bingham Stadium while Clapton drop to third in the table.
- Southend's fine form continues with an emphatic win at promotion rivals Peterborough taking them to fifth in League One.
- George Elokobi scores the only goal as Colchester move into the League Two play-off places with a 1-0 win over Wycombe.
Boy, 16, appears at Basildon court charged with Pitsea car fire 'manslaughter' - Yellow Advertiser - Chelmsford & Mid EssexYellow Advertiser - Chelmsford & Mid Essex
Boy, 16, appears at Basildon court charged with Pitsea car fire 'manslaughter'
Yellow Advertiser - Chelmsford & Mid Essex
A 16-YEAR-OLD boy has appeared in court, charged with killing a man in Pitsea last year. The boy, from London, appeared at Basildon Magistrates Court this morning, charged with the manslaughter of Vilson Meshi. The body of Mr Meshi, 30, was found in ...and more »
- A van driver who threw a substance in his victim's face during an Essex brawl is jailed for 10 years.
- Charity workers throw away coats intended for homeless people after a man urinates on them.
Basildon alkaline attack: Man jailed for squirting corrosive liquid in 44-year-old's face - Essex LiveEssex Live
Basildon alkaline attack: Man jailed for squirting corrosive liquid in 44-year-old's face
A thug who squirted a corrosive alkaline liquid at a man who was breaking up a fight in Vange has been jailed for 10 years. The 44-year-old victim suffered burns to his face, eyes and tongue and was left with permanent damage to his sight after Thomas ...and more »
Two men to appear at Basildon court, charged with dealing Class A drugs in Grays - Yellow AdvertiserYellow Advertiser
Two men to appear at Basildon court, charged with dealing Class A drugs in Grays
TWO MEN will appear in court next month, accused of dealing Class A drugs in Thurrock. An 18-year-old man from London has been charged with two counts of possessing Class A drugs with intent to supply, one count of possessing a Class B drug and one ...and more »
- Hospital services in nearly two-thirds of England could be cut or scaled back, BBC analysis shows.
- Ilford Recorder 24
Rugby Union: Ilford Wanderers fall to defeat at Basildon
Ilford Recorder 24
A tremendous display from back rower Andre Wallace was unable to help Ilford Wanderers to a win in London Three North East on Saturday as they fell to a 52-10 defeat away to Basildon. On a bright day made for running rugby, it was the hosts who took ...
Owner 'heartbroken' as crooks steal three puppies from Basildon home, leaving their mother 'pining' - Yellow AdvertiserYellow Advertiser
Owner 'heartbroken' as crooks steal three puppies from Basildon home, leaving their mother 'pining'
Essex Police is hunting crooks who stole the six-week-old female puppies yesterday, February 19, between 11.40am and 3.45pm. The crooks then smashed their way into the main property in Oak Road and ransacked it, before leaving without stealing ...and more »
- Essex Live
Basildon dealer arrested as he tried to flush Class A drugs down toilet is jailed
A dealer who was arrested just moments before he tried to flush Class A drugs down the toilet has been jailed for more than three years. Basildon Crown Court heard how officers from the South Operation Raptor team executed a warrant at a property in ...
Basildon dealer jailed after Essex Police caught him trying to flush Class A drugs down his toiletYellow Advertiserall 3 news articles &
- Remi the labrador is rescued after getting into a tight spot while on a walk in woodland.
- Police have no idea whether "Rupert" was a person or a much-loved animal.
- Yellow Advertiser
Rare carpet cleaner stolen in Basildon burglary
Essex Police is hunting thieves who made off with the machine after breaking into an address in Little Spenders on Valentines Day. They broke in between 3am and 6am. A police spokesman said: “The carpet cleaner is not a common model and this one is 10 ...and more »
- Yellow Advertiser
Basildon Town: Town hone in on Division One title
GOALS from Jack Main and Marcus Bowers ensured Basildon Town continued their assault on the Prokit UK Essex Olympian League Division One title as Great Baddow were sunk by the odd goal in three at the Recreation Ground. Speaking to Yellow Sport ...and more »
- Stuart Bingham holds his nerve in a tense final frame to beat Judd Trump 9-8 and win his first Welsh Open title.
Police search for unique carpet cleaner stolen during Basildon burglary
POLICE are searching for a 10-year-old unique carpet cleaner which has been stolen during a burglary in Basildon. Burglars targeted a home in Little Spenders between 3am and 6am on Tuesday, February 14. Anyone who may have seen the carpet cleaner ...and more »
- The victim was shot in the shoulder at the Brentwood Centre but his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
- Essex Live
Sprinkles Gelato in Basildon is looking for a store manager
A premier dessert parlour in Basildon is looking to recruit a store manager to join its brand new premises. Sprinkles Gelato is a leading brand in the Italian ice cream market revolution that started in London five years ago and is currently taking the ...
ESSEX SENIOR LEAGUE ROUND-UP: Southend Manor and Basildon United share points, Hullbridge lose thriller - EchoEcho
ESSEX SENIOR LEAGUE ROUND-UP: Southend Manor and Basildon United share points, Hullbridge lose thriller
BASILDON United and Southend Manor shared the points in an evenly-contested Essex Senior League battle. Two goals, coming just minutes apart made it 1-1, as Manor lost more ground on the top two. The Bees had the best early chance. Jack Adlington's ...
- Northampton twice come from behind to share a League One draw at Southend.
- A quickfire second-half double helps Macclesfield ease past Braintree on home turf in the National League.
- Ten-man Accrington Stanley earn a valuable win against promotion-chasing Colchester in their battle to avoid relegation.
Follow @BasildonUKNews on Twitter!