- Gareth Berg scores an unbeaten 99 and takes 4-32 to put Hampshire on top at home to Yorkshire.
- Doncaster's League Two title hopes suffer a blow as they slip to defeat at play-off hopefuls Wycombe.
- Former England and Aston Villa defender Ugo Ehiogu is honoured before Tottenham's FA Cup semi-final with Chelsea at Wembley and at football matches around the country.
- Billy Sharp scores twice as champions Sheffield United record their sixth successive league victory by beating MK Dons.
- Steven Fletcher's fourth goal in four games helps play-off hopefuls Sheffield Wednesday fight back to beat Derby County.
- Chesterfield set an unwanted club record of 26 defeats in a season as they are beaten at home by Charlton.
- Tom Adeyemi's volley brings an end to relegated Rotherham's 17-game winless run as they beat mid-table Ipswich.
- Bristol City twice come from behind to beat Barnsley and take a significant step towards securing their Championship status.
- Friday was the first day coal wasn't used to generate electricity since the Industrial Revolution, says the National Grid.
- Leeds Rhinos cruise into the sixth round of the Challenge Cup with a 36-point win over third tier Doncaster.
- The Star
Loan period at Peterborough worked wonders for Barnsley midfielder
Midfielder George Moncur feels he was welcomed back to Barnsley with open arms after going out on loan. The 23-year-old joined the ranks at Oakwell for £500,000 in the summer, but quickly decided to go out on loan to Peterborough United to get some ...
- BBC Sport
Bristol City v Barnsley
Bristol City could be without full-back Mark Little (hamstring) for the visit of Barnsley, with the hosts four points above the Championship relegation zone. Striker Aaron Wilbraham (knee) is also a doubt, while experienced midfielder Gary O'Neil ...
Bristol City v Barnsley preview: Mark Little struggling for CitySkySportsall 9 news articles »
- Former England and Aston Villa defender Ugo Ehiogu dies aged 44 after suffering a cardiac arrest at Tottenham's training centre on Thursday.
- The relationship involved sexual activity with a female pupil and two other individuals.
- ITV News
Police 'increasingly concerned' for missing woman in Barnsley
Police in Barnsley are asking for your help to find missing 32-year-old Samantha Roebuck. Samantha was last seen on the afternoon of Thursday 20 April, when she left her home address in Worsbrough, Barnsley. South Yorkshire Police are growing ...and more »
Nottingham Forest news LIVE: Reds prepare for Reading + under-23s face Barnsley at Oakwell - Nottingham PostNottingham Post
Nottingham Forest news LIVE: Reds prepare for Reading + under-23s face Barnsley at Oakwell
Despite their perilous league position, the mood in the Nottingham Forest camp remains buoyant as they prepare for their penultimate home game. The Reds welcome Jaap Stam's play-off chasing Reading to the City Ground on Saturday looking for the win ...and more »
- BBC News
Labour MP for Barnsley East Michael Dugher to stand down - BBC ...
MP wants to make a difference in life outside of politics and spend time with his family.
Barnsley East MP Michael Dugher standing down | Local News ...Hallam FMall 6 news articles »
- MP wants to make a difference in life outside of politics and spend time with his family.
- Recent testing on recovered drugs found traces of the strong painkiller.
- Sam Pickering was on his way to a charity egg run event for a children's hospital when he crashed.
- Yorkshire Post
WATCH: Barnsley closing in on recruitment drive, says boss Paul ...
PAUL HECKINGBOTTOM has revealed that Barnsley have moved a step closer this week to appointing a new chief executive to step into a permanent role at ...and more »
- The Star
Barnsley star's future remains uncertain but talks continue
The club's second highest scorer this seasons, with 10 goals, handed in a transfer request and was linked with Premier League and Championship clubs alike in January. That request was denied by the club and Watkins has been one of the Reds' standouts ...
Why a Cardiff City move for Barnsley star Marley Watkins makes ...WalesOnline
Cardiff City and Ipswich Town join Bristol City in chase for Barnsley winger, Marle
- The 31-year-old 2012 Olympic champion retired from athletics in October.
- Both former party leaders confirm they intend to continue serving as MPs.
- Two teenagers arrested on suspicion of murder are released after tests confirm cause of death.
- South Yorkshire Police said both people survived because of the "quick actions" of paramedics.
- ITV News
Two more people taken 'gravely ill' following suspected drugs deaths in Barnsley
Two more people have been taken "gravely ill" following a spate of drug-related deaths in Barnsley, police have revealed. It comes after three men and a woman were found dead on Good Friday at separate addresses in the town after taking a substance ...
Drug deaths investigation continuing in BarnsleyHallam FMall 5 news articles »
- The development, which includes a 1,200 place secondary school and sixth form, attracted more than 80 objections.
- The Star
Barnsley: Reds No 1 Adam Davies calls for strong finish
The Reds are in the middle of a rut, with just two wins in their last 15 outings, and a Davies' spot-kick save salvaged the Reds a point against Brentford on Good Friday. That run includes five successive draws at Oakwel, and the Welshman is eager to ...
- Derby Telegraph
Transfer talk: Could this link prove a blow for Barnsley?
Barnsley winger Marley Watkins is attracting interest from Bristol City according to the Bristol Post. The winger worked with current Robins boss Lee Johnson during his time at Oakwell, and there are suggestion that the club are ready to reunite the ...
Robins again linked with Barnsley winger - The72The 72 - We Love the Football League
Swansea City should hand Barnsley's Marley Watkins a second ...HITCall
- Derby Telegraph
Transfer talk: Could this link prove a blow for Barnsley? | Derby ...
Barnsley winger Marley Watkins is attracting interest from Bristol City according to the Bristol Post. The winger worked with current Robins boss Lee Johnson ...
Robins again linked with Barnsley winger - The72The 72 - We Love the Football Leagueall 4 news articles »
- Police ordered the closure of Sheffield's Walkabout pub after a fight at the weekend.
- Chesterfield are to discipline defender Sadiq El Fitouri, who has been absent from the club since last Wednesday.
Barnsley make surprising omission of goalscorer's name in Sheffield Wednesday match report - The 72 - We Love the Football LeagueThe 72 - We Love the Football League
Barnsley make surprising omission of goalscorer's name in Sheffield Wednesday match report
The 72 - We Love the Football League
Barnsley did not include the name of Sam Winnall in the match report of the game against Sheffield Wednesday printed in their programme according to a tweet from Chris Horricks. Before the international break, Barnsley faced Sheffield Wednesday in what ...
- Chesterfield are relegated from League One after a comfortable defeat by promotion hopefuls Scunthorpe United.
- Yorkshire Post
Barnsley 1 Brentford 1 - Watkins on target as Reds are held at Oakwell
Barnsley and Brentford couldn't be separated after in a highly entertaining Championship clash at Oakwell. Marley Watkins put Barnsley ahead before Florian Jozefzoon equalised for the visitors, who also missed a penalty when Jota's effort from the spot ...
Barnsley: Reds braced for Brentford battle - The StarThe Star
Barnsley 1-1 Brentford: Bonham brilliance, the end of an era and other talking
- Goals from Adam Reach and Daniel Pudil ensure Sheffield Wednesday remain in the play-off places with a win at QPR.
- Barnsley are held to a draw at home for the fifth successive game as Brentford earn a Championship point at Oakwell.
Barnsley 1 Brentford 1: Tykes held to fifth home draw in row as Florian Jozefzoon justifies Bees call-up with leveller - The SunThe Sun
Barnsley 1 Brentford 1: Tykes held to fifth home draw in row as Florian Jozefzoon justifies Bees call-up with leveller
FLORIAN JOSEFZOON fired a Brentford leveller that condemned Barnsley to a fifth draw in a row at home. The Bees later missed a penalty and both sides hit the bar in this lively mid-table clash. Barnsley star Tom Bradshaw fires high against Brentford.
- Reading come from behind to beat relegated Rotherham and solidify their place in the Championship play-offs.
- The tourist attraction re-opened in 2014 after a £3.74m renovation.
- Sheffield United celebrate their homecoming as League One champions with victory over Bradford.
- Archaeologists unearthed the remains of Richard de W'Peton, who died on 17 April 1317.
- Yorkshire bowl out Warwickshire for 115 to complete an innings and 88-run County Championship victory at Edgbaston.
From Everton and Liverpool target to Barnsley star - could Bristol City be going for these players? - Somerset LiveSomerset Live
From Everton and Liverpool target to Barnsley star - could Bristol City be going for these players?
Could, from left, Fode Ballo-Toure, John Marquis or Marley Watkins be on their way to Bristol City this summer? From Everton and Liverpool target to Barnsley star - could Bristol City be going... X. Share Tweet Share Pin It Email. Copy link to paste in ...
- Match Day Officials v Barnsley (17/4/17)
The Football League have now announced the Match Day officials that will take charge of the game against Barnsley this Monday. Brentford travel to Barnsley on Monday April 17 for the game at Oakwell and the match carries a 3pm kick off. Referee: Robert ...and more »
- Football League World
Preston eyeing up summer move for Barnsley midfield ace
Football League World
Preston North End want to sign Barnsley midfielder Josh Scowen, according to respected journalist Alan Nixon. The versatile 24-year-old was plucked from relative obscurity by Barnsley a few season ago, signing from Wycombe after a host of loan moves to ...
- The man lost control of his motorbike and died at the scene, said police.
- The Star
Barnsley stylist lands Lonsdale belt after gritty win
Robbie Barrett celebrates winning the British Lightweight Championship at the SSE Hydro, Glasgow. Pic: Jeff Holmes/PA Wire. 09:24 Sunday 16 April 2017. 0. Have your say. Southpaw Robbie Barrett is the new British lightweight champion after a majority ...and more »
Follow @BarnsleyUK_News on Twitter!