Runaway car crashes in Barnsley town centre
A runaway car has crashed in Barnsley town centre - injuring a pedestrian and crashing onto another car. South Yorkshire Police said the car involved in the Shambles Street collision - a silver Hyundai estate - was 'unoccupied' at the time. Emergency ...
- BBC News
Barnsley petrol station cashier hurt in hit-and-run 'will tackle again'
A woman hit by a car after attempting to stop the driver from stealing £120 worth of fuel said she will continue to tackle shoplifters. Michelle Carr, a cashier at a Barnsley petrol station, was thrown on to the bonnet in the hit-and-run and suffered ...and more »
- A woman hit by a car after attempting to stop the driver from stealing £120 worth of fuel has said she would continue to "tackle shoplifters".
- Three men are arrested over an online video apparently showing trespassers in an airport hangar.
- John Breckin rejoins Rotherham's coaching staff to assist caretaker manager Paul Warne on an interim basis.
- Barnsley Duo In Team Of The Week (6/12/16)
Barnsley are represented in the latest Football League team of the week that has been selected after this week's action. The performances by Conor Hourihane and Sam Winnall in the three nil victory over Birmingham City at the weekend at St Andrew's ...and more »
- BQ Live
Barnsley manufacturer undergoes rebrand
A Barnsley-based manufacturer has undergone a major rebrand as part of its growth and expansion plans for 2017. Yorkshire · News · 0 Comments · Have Your Say. 06/12/2016. £25k funding brings the 'light in' to Stockport. A £25k start up loan has helped ...and more »
- Three-time world squash champion Nick Matthew lifts his first title in 18 months at the British Grand Prix.
- League Two Newport County or Plymouth will visit Premier League Liverpool in the FA Cup third round, while West Ham host Manchester City.
- Eoin Morgan and Alex Hales are named in England's ODI and T20 squads to face India, but Ben Duckett, James Vince and Steven Finn are dropped.
- BBC News
Barnsley man jailed for raping young girl - BBC News
A man is jailed for 15 years for raping a young girl in Barnsley over a period of nine months.
Barnsley man jailed for rape of girl under ten | Calendar - ITV NewsITV News
Man jailed for 15 years after raping girl in Barnsley - Yorkshire PostYorkshire Postall 4 news articles »
- A man is jailed for 15 years for raping a young girl in Barnsley over a period of nine months.
- Faster speed limits near roadworks on motorways in England could be introduced to ease congestion.
- Rob Beckley is appointed the new head of the police investigation into the Hillsborough disaster.
- Daily Mail
Barnsley petrol station worker is mowed down as she tries to stop 2 men without paying
This CCTV footage captures the shocking moment a petrol station worker was mowed down by a driver as he fled without paying for fuel. Michelle Carr, 46, was thrown over the bonnet as she tried to stop the motorist from leaving the Jet service station ...and more »
- Daily Mail
Barnsley petrol station worker is mowed down as she tries to stop 2 ...
Michelle Carr, 46, was thrown over the bonnet as she tried to stop the motorist from leaving the Jet service station in Barnsley, South Yorkshire, yesterday ...and more »
- More than 100 children have been arrested for drink driving in Yorkshire in the past five years, figures show.
- Bolton Wanderers hold on to beat League One rivals Sheffield United and reach round three of the FA Cup.
- Sunday Politics Yorkshire and Lincolnshire looks back at the week's political headlines in 60 seconds.
Birmingham City player ratings: One man shines for Blues in disappointing Barnsley defeat - Birmingham MailBirmingham Mail
Birmingham City player ratings: One man shines for Blues in disappointing Barnsley defeat
Excellent first half save from Kent, solid one in second from Bradshaw and left unprotected for all three goals. Dacres-Cogley 5. Beaten at near post by Winnall for third and caught in possession once but otherwise showed good pace versus Kent. Morrison 5.
- Rotherham United interim manager Paul Warne says he has no interest in taking the job on a permanent basis.
- Sam Winnall nets twice against 10-man Birmingham City as Barnsley win at St Andrew's.
- Rotherham's winless run extends to 15 games as caretaker boss Paul Warne's first game in charge ends in defeat at Burton.
- Three goals inside 13 first-half minutes help Doncaster Rovers go top of League Two with a 4-3 win at Stevenage.
- Preston have Jermaine Beckford and Eoin Doyle sent off for fighting with each other in the last minute as they lose to Sheffield Wednesday.
- Scott Kashket's hat-trick helps League Two side Wycombe beat League One side Chesterfield 5-0 in the FA Cup second round.
- Birmingham City 0 Barnsley 3: Story of the game from St Andrews
Sam Winnall scored a late brace as Barnsley took three points from their trip to St Andrews, ending a run of four winless Championship matches. Recap the key moments of the game by looking though our interactive match-hub and get in touch with your ...
- Birmingham Mail
Birmingham City 0 Barnsley 3 - report, stats and pictures
Birmingham City missed an opportunity to climb into third position when they fell to just their second home defeat of the season. A first half goal from Marc Roberts and two in the second from Sam Winnall - all from set-pieces interrupted what had been ...
Birm'ham vs BarnsleySkySports
Birmingham 0 Barnsley 3: Sam's the man as Reds bounce back in styleThe Star
Birmingham City 0 Barnsley 3: Roberts leads Ty
- The Tour de Yorkshire still has a lot of work to do before it can be extended to four days, says British Cycling president Bob Howden.
Barnsley and Rotherham set sights on Omar Bogle as Grimsby Town striker attracts interest from Championship - Daily MailDaily Mail
Barnsley and Rotherham set sights on Omar Bogle as Grimsby Town striker attracts interest from Championship
Grimsby Town's prolific striker Omar Bogle is being chased by Championship sides Barnsley and Rotherham. The 23-year-old is already the subject of interest from League Two rivals Barnet but his pace and power allied to his goalscoring record are ...
- Investors in a £27m sports betting investment scheme which collapsed fear all their money will be lost if the authorities fail to act.
- A man who attacked a police officer with an axe, fracturing her skull, is jailed for 15 years.
- Reds Ratings v Forest
Here we rate the players following our home defeat to Nottingham Forest. In a strange game I am unsure on whether I am being too harsh or not harsh enough on some players. The first half performance was good other than the manor of the goals conceded.and more »
Birm'ham vs Barnsley
Blues have allowed him time off due to a "family matter" and while he will miss the visit of Barnsley it is unclear when he will return. Jacques Maghoma is a doubt with illness but Stephen Gleeson should return to face the Tykes. Premier League,Today ...
Birmingham City 0 Barnsley 3 - report, stats and picturesBirmingham Mail
Birmingham 0 Barnsley 3 - match analysis: Heckingbottom praises complete team performanceThe Star
WATCH - See how Barnsley came aw
- Big clubs may be on the prowl for Barnsley star man
Barnsley midfielder Josh Scowen admits keeping captain Conor Hourihane will be difficult if “big clubs come calling”. Irish midfielder Hourihane is arguably the Reds' most influential player and the club want to keep him at Oakwell. Just like Scowen ...and more »
- A man whose body was discovered in a sewage tank at a Doncaster college is identified by police.
- An appeal is launched to find the "lost sleighs" of the Co-op and the company and staff who worked on them.
- Birmingham Mail
Birmingham City v Barnsley: The inside track on the Tykes
Birmingham City face Barnsley at St Andrew's on Saturday in a match that pits a home team that has won its last two matches against a visiting side with just one win in eleven. We caught up with Barnsley writer Doug O'Kane at the Barnsley Chronicle.
- A man who groomed, raped and abused seven young girls in a series of "hideous" sex attacks is jailed for nine years.
- Preview followed by live coverage of Saturday's Championship game between Sheffield Wednesday and Preston North End.
- Preview followed by live coverage of Saturday's Championship game between Birmingham City and Barnsley.
- The 2017 Tour de Yorkshire will start in Bridlington on 28 April and finish in Sheffield on 30 April.
- Preview followed by live coverage of Saturday's Championship game between Burton Albion and Rotherham United.
- Lidl will create 500 jobs by building a new warehouse in Doncaster, the budget supermarket chain announces.
- “We need to be better at both ends” insists Barnsley boss Paul Heckingbottom
manager Paul Heckingbottom admits his Barnsley players have to adapt quickly to life in a “ruthless” Championship to try to halt their current slide. The Reds currently sit 18th in the Championship, but have won just once in their last 11 outings, a 2 ...
- BBC News finds councils in England have paid out £10m due to school asbestos compensation claims.
- A Rotherham councillor who was convicted of sexually assaulting a colleague says he will resign.
- A man who died in hospital after he was assaulted in a Sheffield street is named by police.
Follow @BarnsleyUK_News on Twitter!