- Another miserable trip to Grimsby and managerial milestones are among five things you may have missed in the EFL on Saturday.
- The 23-year-old was fatally shot outside a property in Upperthorpe, close to Sheffield city centre.
- Billy Sharp rescues a point for Sheffield United as they draw at home against promotion rivals Scunthorpe.
- Recent Doncaster Rovers signing Alfie May rescues a point against promotion rivals Luton Town.
- Chesterfield's relegation fears deepen as they are beaten at home by fellow League One strugglers Bury.
- High-flying Sheffield Wednesday hold off a Nottingham Forest fightback to earn a fourth consecutive Championship win.
- Sam Baldock's two goals send Brighton back to the top of the Championship as they beat Barnsley at Oakwell.
- Cardiff City romp to a third successive win as they thrashed Championship bottom side Rotherham United.
- Women's FA Cup holders Arsenal Ladies sign goalkeeper Anna Moorhouse from second-tier side Doncaster Rovers Belles.
- Alison Moss and David Webster attacked Craig Wild with knives and a screwdriver.
- An 18-year-old accused of murdering Leonne Weeks is due to stand trial in July.
- Killed police officer was under investigation over alleged links to Rotherham child sex abuse scandal.
- Macclesfield Town sign Barnsley defender Callum Evans on loan until the end of the season.
- More than 2,000 people killed and wounded in German air raids on the city in December 1940
- BBC News
Barnsley: Big job needs the right man, says Paul Heckingbottom
Head coach Paul Heckingbottom is adamant Barnsley have to find the right person to fill the Chief Executive void at the club. The Reds have been searching for a replacement since Linton Brown's unexpected departure during last month's transfer window.
Paul Heckingbottom hopeful Barnsley can rock Brighton this timeYorkshire Post
Alex Mowatt available for Barnsley against Brighton after three-match suspensionEatSleep
Opinion: Barnsley have the firepower and now the strikers have some confidence - Football League WorldFootball League World
Opinion: Barnsley have the firepower and now the strikers have some confidence
Football League World
Winnall was one of a number of high profile names to exit Oakwell last month, alongside captain Conor Hourihane and promising youngster James Bree. However, the job that Paul Heckingbottom is doing at Barnsley is remarkable and it is going under the ...
- Alison Moss and her partner David Webster inflicted 117 separate injuries on their victim.
- Exhibition charts his life from the coal pits of south Yorkshire to the international cricket arena.
- Six charged after fighting on terraces at Barnsley v Leeds United clash
Six men have been charged with public order offences in connection with violence which broke out during a Yorkshire derby. Video footage emerged after Barnsley FC hosted Leeds United at the Oakwell Stadium last month. It showed pockets of fighting on ...and more »
- Six charged following Barnsley football disorder
South Yorkshire Police (press release)
Six Barnsley men have been charged with public order offences in connection with disorder at the Barnsley FC v Leeds United FC match at Oakwell Stadium last month. Officers investigating the disorder, which took place during the match on Saturday 21 ...
- Rides, hotels and camping facilities to be built of the site of former coal mine in Rotherham.
- Conor Hou?
Barnsley continued their remarkable good form by returning from Villa Park as 3 - 1 victors on Tuesday evening. The Villa had raided the reds in the January transfer window for two of our better players but that didn`t stop Barnsley from going to the ...and more »
- ITV News
Sixteen arrested in Barnsley police operation
Sixteen people were arrested in a day of action by police and partner agencies in Barnsley. As part of the force-wide Operation Duxford initiative, officers and PCSOs worked alongside partner agencies to tackle crime, engage with people and protect ...and more »
- George Moncur is looking up at Barnsley after dad's pep talk
A LITTLE bit of fatherly advice has certainly gone a long way as far as George Moncur is concerned. Two months ago, the Barnsley midfielder's season was drifting nowhere – on the bench during an undistinguished loan spell at Peterborough United and ...
- Barnsley: Sweet moment for Tom Bradshaw in Barnsley's fine victory over Aston Villa
Reds striker Tom Bradshaw became the pantomime villain in his family after bagging a brace at Aston Villa. All of his uncles are huge Villa fans, and the Welshman used to go and watch them as a kid. But, all family loyalties were put to one side on ...
- Tata Steel union members back a plan from the company to move from a final salary pension to a less generous scheme.
- Howzat for a collection as Dickie Bird exhibition opens in Barnsley
15 Feb 2017.....'Dickie Bird: My Life�in�Cricket' , an exhibition which opens at Experience Barnsley on Saturday,�celebrates the life, times and achievements of one Yorkshire's�most famous sportsmen. Dickie and curator Natalie Murray outside Barnsley ...
- Derbyshire chairman Chris Grant is to step down to stand for election to the England & Wales Cricket Board.
- New England captain Joe Root says he will seek the advice of his predecessors before taking charge for the first time in July.
Court round-up: Latest convictions at Sheffield, Doncaster Barnsley and Chesterfield magistrates' courts - The StarCourt round-up: Latest convictions at Sheffield, Doncaster Barnsley and Chesterfield magistrates' courts
The following were convicted at Sheffield, Barnsley, Doncaster and Chesterfield magistrates' courts between February 7 and February 10. Sheffield. All addresses are Sheffield unless otherwise stated. Paul Anthony Middlebrooke: aged 46, of Whitehouse ...
- He deliberately got arrested so he could make money selling the drug spice in prison.
- Insider Media
Neuroscience firm plots Barnsley expansion
One of the UK's largest neuroscience research companies is to open a new site in Barnsley this month, creating 12 jobs. MAC Clinical Research, which has operations in Manchester, Leeds, Blackpool, Cannock and Liverpool, specialises in clinical trials ...
Barnsley and Wolves remain keen on Chester defender Sam Hughes despite non-league side rejecting January bid ... - Daily MailDaily Mail
Barnsley and Wolves remain keen on Chester defender Sam Hughes despite non-league side rejecting January bid ...
Chester rejected a bid of around £75,000 plus add-ons from Barnsley in January for the 19-year-old and the Oakwell club are keen to try again in the summer. Crystal Palace, Swansea and Fulham have also sent scouts to check on Hughes who is out of ...
- The Guardian
Aston Villa slump under Steve Bruce continues with home defeat by Barnsley
Barnsley's Tom Bradshaw, centre, fires home the first of his two goals in the 3-1 win against Aston Villa. Photograph: Andrew Boyers/Reuters. Share on Facebook · Share on Twitter · Share via Email; View more sharing options; Share on LinkedIn · Share ...
Aston Villa 1-3 BarnsleyBBC Sport
Aston Villa v Barnsley preview: Home side hoping to end slumpSkySports
Aston Villa 1-3 B
- Doncaster's 10-game unbeaten run ends as Carlisle grind out a 2-1 win at Brunton Park to boost their own promotion hopes.
- Tom Anderson rescues a dramatic point for relegation-threatened Chesterfield as they draw at Gillingham.
- John Fleck is denied by the woodwork as League One leaders Sheffield United have to settle for a goalless draw at Bristol Rovers.
- Tommy Smith's late goal against Rotherham extends high-flying Huddersfield's Championship winning streak to five games.
- Aston Villa slip to a fourth Championship defeat in a row as Barnsley earn an eye-catching victory at Villa Park.
- BBC Sport
Aston Villa 1-3 Barnsley
Aston Villa's awful start to 2017 continued as Barnsley sent them to a second Championship home defeat in four days. Tom Bradshaw scored twice with 15-yard shots, one either side of the break, after on-loan Adam Armstrong had fired the Tykes ahead with ...
Aston Villa 1-3 Barnsley: Steve Bruce's men are booed off after Tom Bradshaw scores doubleMirror.co.uk
Aston Villa 1-3 Barnsley: Tom Bradshaw bags a brace as the Tykes triumph at Villa ParkDai
Aston Villa vs Barnsley live goal and score updates from the Championship clash at Villa Park - Mirror.co.ukAston Villa vs Barnsley live goal and score updates from the Championship clash at Villa Park
Villa saw their unbeaten home record end at the weekend and now welcome the Yorkshire side to Villa Park. Follow the action with Gregg Evans and Alex Dicken of the Birmingham Mail. Share. ByMirror Football. Updated 19:18, 14 FEB 2017. Sport. Barnsley ...and more »
Reported assault outside Barnsley takeaway – did you see anything? - South Yorkshire Police (press release)Reported assault outside Barnsley takeaway – did you see anything?
South Yorkshire Police (press release)
Police are investigating after a 24-year-old man was reportedly assaulted outside of a takeaway in Barnsley Road on Friday night (10 February). Between 8.30-9pm, it is believed that a man driving along Barnsley Road in a silver car has sprayed a ...
- Rotherham pupils' health tips from the 'Barnsley bard'
Tweet poetry from the 'Barnsley bard' brightened up the morning assembly at one primary school. Poet Ian McMillan visited Bramley Grange Primary School in Rotherham, that has been recognised for its work in encouraging children to cycle or walk to ...and more »
Villa v Barnsley Preview
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of ...
- Birmingham Mail
Aston Villa vs Barnsley TV details: What time is kick-off? Who is in the teams?
Aston Villa are eager to return to winning ways against Barnsley when the two teams meet at Villa Park this evening. Saturday's draw with Ipswich Town all but ended Steve Bruce's side's play-off ambitions and the gap to the relegation places is now ...
Barnsley boss believes money a big factor in Aston Villa's moveFootball League World
Steve Bruce could ring the changes as Aston Villa
- David Willey is ruled out of England's tour of the West Indies through injury and will be replaced by Steven Finn.
- Barnsley Beacon charity's appeal for funding support
MPs are backing a Barnsley charity in its bid to continue to help relatives, carers and friends of people with drug and alcohol issues. Barnsley Beacon was founded by a local mother in 2000, after she discovered her own three sons were addicted to heroin.
- Reading Chronicle
Reading FC: Roy Beerens urges Royals to improve on Barnsley ...
ROY Beerens wants his Reading FC team-mates to make amends for their disappointing stalemate against Barnsley when they host Brentford tonight…and more »
- Birmingham Mail
Aston Villa v Barnsley: Conor Hourihane reunion underlines Reds' progress
THE sight of Conor Hourihane striding out in the claret and blue of Aston Villa as opposed to Barnsley colours will make for a bittersweet occasion for Reds supporters this evening. Just 19 days after leaving Oakwell, Barnsley's former captain renews ...
Aston Villa news and transfer rumours LIVE: The big Barnsley build-up. Tony Xia and The ExpendablesBirmingham Mail
- IBF world welterweight champion Kell Brook will defend his title against American Errol Spence Jr.
Follow @BarnsleyUK_News on Twitter!