- Sonny Bradley's header is enough to defeat leaders Doncaster Rovers as Plymouth win League Two's battle of the top two.
- Police say a suspect in the murder of Elsie Frost is of interest to their inquiry into 1964 killing.
- Laura Massaro, Sarah-Jane Perry and Nick Matthew all win to give England three of the four finalists at the British Open.
- Rochdale keep their League One play-off hopes alive with a victory that pushed Chesterfield closer to relegation.
- The hearings will look at complaints about officers handling of a protest at Sheffield station.
- Jordan Hill died in hospital after being found with knife wounds at the flat in Longley.
- The Archbishops of Canterbury and York say the Church must review it commitment to women bishops.
- Tom Squires, who played for Sheffield Steelers and represented Great Britain, admitted the charges.
- England's Laura Massaro, Sarah-Jane Perry and Nick Matthew are through to the last four of the British Open in Hull.
- Former England Test captain Alastair Cook is available for Essex's three opening County Championship games of the season.
- Squadron Leader Dennis Barry was one of 16 pilots trained to fly the Gloster Meteor in 1944.
- Barnsley defender Angus MacDonald signs contract extension to keep him at the club until the end of the 2018-19 season.
- The school apologised after the child was found an hour later more than two miles (3.2km) away.
- Everton defender Holgate in contact with Barnsley boss Heckingbottom
He told evertonfc.com: “They've still got an outside chance this year, Barnsley. They are still the first score I look out for. The start they had to the season was unbelievable. “Barnsley lost a couple of players in January but it doesn't seem to have ...and more »
Barnsley facing a different challenge next season says boss Paul Heckingbottom - Sheffield TelegraphBarnsley facing a different challenge next season says boss Paul Heckingbottom
Barnsley head coach Paul Heckingbottom insists his side will need to harness new challenges next season. After their dramatic play-off promotion from the doldrums of a relegation fight, last season the Reds have put up a respectable fight in the ...
- ITV News
Police hunt fugitive after attempted murder in Barnsley nightclub
Police have launched a fresh appeal to hunt down a man who's wanted in connection with an attempted murder. Officers want to speak to Joseph Lowther after a 30-year-old man was stabbed at the Whispers nightclub in Regent Street, Barnsley, ...and more »
- Team Wiggins say they are "surprised" and "disappointed" at their exclusion from next month's Tour de Yorkshire.
- IBF world welterweight champion Kell Brook will defend his title against American Errol Spence Jr at Bramall Lane, Sheffield on 27 May.
- The four men and one woman who were convicted are due to be sentenced on 28 April.
- The A-level student noticed something odd in radiation levels from the International Space Station.
- Court round-up: Doncaster, Sheffield, Barnsley
Daniel Berriman: aged 26, of St Vincents Avenue, Woodlands, using threatening or abusive language or behaviour to cause alarm and distress, obstructing a police constable in the execution of their duty, community order, rehabilitation activity ...
- The Star
Barnsley will get back on track says loan ace Matty James
The central midfielder has been a key member of the squad since joining Oakwell on a short-term basis in January. Despite this, the Reds have missed the midas touch of Conor Hourihane - and they have not won since beating his new side Aston Villa on ...
- Barnsley: Tom Bradshaw's delight as he's recalled by Wales
Barnsley striker Tom Bradshaw is delighted to be called up to the Wales squad once again. The 24-year-old made his debut last year with a 17-minute burst against Ukraine, and he was included in the squad for Euro 2016 - before pulling out with a calf ...and more »
- Hallam FM
Teachers in Barnsley being "driven out" of profession by high workloads
It's claimed teachers in Barnsley are getting so stressed and exhausted by their workloads, many are thinking of leaving their jobs altogether. The NUT say 80% of teachers they surveyed in the town are thinking of leaving the profession because of ...
- Barnsley team is heading to grand final
A 66-strong team from Barnsley Academy has won the regional finals of the prestigious 'Rock Challenge UK,' with a performance helping to highlights the plight of the refugees. The event, held at Magna Science Adventure Centre last month, saw the ...
- Southern, Merseyrail and Arriva Trains North staff will walk out for 24 hours on 8 April.
- ITV News
Boy, 10, airlifted to hospital after being hit by lorry in Barnsley ...
Read the latest Calendar stories, Boy, 10, airlifted to hospital after being hit by lorry in Barnsley on ITV News, videos, stories and all the latest Calendar news.
10-year-old boy injured in Barnsley collisionSouth Yorkshire Police (press release)all 5 news articles »
- Yorkshire captain and England batsman Gary Ballance signs a new contract with his county until the end of the 2019 season.
- Canadian team Toronto Wolfpack will face Super League side Salford Red Devils in the Challenge Cup fifth round, plus full details of the draw.
- Leigh Bramall has been in the cabinet for six years and a councillor for 13 years.
- Abuse victims in Rotherham are still receiving counselling, while their families are also now getting support.
- Bath sign Rotherham Titans hooker Joe Graham from the Championship outfit until the end of the season as injury cover.
- Sammy waives her right to anonymity to raise awareness of child sexual exploitation.
- Victim's "smirking" caused trainee soldier to "lose it" and attack colleague, court hears.
- Historic England picks 10 areas to share £6m restoring listed buildings and boosting conservation areas.
- The Star
Police rescue two Barnsley fans stuck in a boat during Norwich ...
A pair of Barnsley fans on an away day in Norwich had to be rescued by police after a boat they were in became stuck in a river.
Barnsley fans who wanted picture on boat before 2-0 loss to Norwich City helped by police after they drifted away ...Norfolk Eastern Daily Pressall 2 news articles »
- The Vulcan is to be put in storage while work starts on a visitors' centre.
- Yorkshire Post
Missed opportunities leave Barnsley boss Paul Heckingbottom frustrated
BARNSLEY manager Paul Heckingbottom cut a frustrated figure after seeing his side's flickering play-off hopes extinguished after a 2-0 defeat at Norwich City. “The take-away message from that game is hit the target, score goals,” he said after the Reds ...
Norwich City 2-0 BarnsleyBBC News
“Playoffs? Anything is possible” - Fans react to Norwich City's win against Ba
- BBC News
Barnsley fatal house fire: blaze caused by tea-light
A house fire in which a woman died is thought to have been caused by a tea-light. The woman's body was found inside the property on New Road in the Staincross area of Barnsley, at around 17:50 GMT on Friday. South Yorkshire Fire Service said the house ...
Woman dies alongside her Jack Russell in huge house fire after a mystery blaze rips through homeDaily Mail
BREAKING: Woman dies in serious Barnsley house fireThe Star
- A fatal house fire in South Yorkshire, in which a woman died on Friday, is thought to have been caused by a tea-light.
- Where are England's steepest streets? BBC News asked readers which hills fill them with horror.
- Jersey climb to fifth spot in the Championship table, battling back from behind at half-time to overcome Rotherham.
- Doncaster edge nearer to promotion by thrashing League Two's bottom club Leyton Orient.
- Managerless Norwich keep their play-off hopes alive as Jacob Murphy's 10th goal of the season helps them beat Barnsley.
- League One champions-elect Sheffield United move another step closer to a return to the Championship with victory over Charlton.
- First-half goals from Ollie Clarke and Rory Gaffney earn Bristol Rovers victory over relegation-threatened Chesterfield.
- Rotherham move a step closer to relegation from the Championship as QPR inflict a thrashing on the league's bottom side.
- The £45m development is proposed for Smithy Wood, by junction 35 of the M1.
- Lucy Spraggan posts pictures of her injuries after being attacked by two women in the street.
- Norfolk Eastern Daily Press
Live coverage: Norwich City v Barnsley
Norfolk Eastern Daily Press
Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Eastern Daily Press visitors. We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate. Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post ...and more »
Follow @BarnsleyUK_News on Twitter!