- Baidu looks to gain further edge in artificial intelligence (AI) technology at its second facility in Silicon Valley, following the departure of its leading AI researcher.
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is an Android tablet done right.
- It is expected the new arrangement will enable the exchange of ideas between representatives from government agencies, business, and the research sector across both countries.
- What you need to know about Samsung's big launch this week.
- Ahead of launching its gigatown in July, MyRepublic has said that no one else is offering 1Gbps services across the NBN because it would cost RSPs between AU$300 and AU$400 thanks to the CVC charge.
- Every week users submit a lot of interesting stuff on our sister site Webdesigner News, highlighting great content from around the web that can be of interest to web designers.
The best way to keep track of all the great stories and news being posted is simply to check out the Webdesigner News site, however, in case you missed some here’s a quick and useful compilation of the most popular designer news that we curated from the past week.
Note that this is only a very small sele
- Security experts pointed to numerous sensitive and personal files found on Microsoft's document sharing site, which lets users share documents publicly by default.
- I've been asked several times over the past few days about how to wipe an iPad ready for resale (presumably because Apple has a new iPad out). Instead of repeating myself over and over, I thought that a post was in order.
- Everybody wants to be happy, wealthy and, of course, healthy. Unfortunately, most precious things can’t be bought with money. Nowadays science constantly develops and medicine can work wonders. All together it is a complicated system with lots of elements. First of all, the core is build by talented specialists. No less significant are the modern […]
The post The Best 15 Medical Magento Themes by TemplateMonster appeared first on Magento Themes - Magento eCommerce.
- Every week we feature a set of comics created exclusively for WDD.
The content revolves around web design, blogging and funny situations that we encounter in our daily lives as designers.
These great cartoons are created by Jerry King, an award-winning cartoonist who’s one of the most published, prolific and versatile cartoonists in the world today.
So for a few moments, take a break from your daily routine, have a laugh and enjoy these funny cartoons.
Feel free to leave your comments and
- Worried about hackers destroying your iCloud music, pictures, and documents? Here are three things you should do right now.
- Google is removing SMS from Hangouts and finally saying goodbye to Google Talk.
- The Obama administration said AI could threaten anywhere from 9 percent to 47 percent of jobs over the next decade or two, but Steve Mnuchin said that the potential problem is "not even on my radar."
- Six London boroughs including Westminster and Hackney have signed up to the Design Council’s Design in the Public Sector programme, which will help them tackle issues affecting their local communities ranging from homelessness to healthcare.
Design in the Public Sector was launched by the Design Council in 2014 with the aim of exposing local public services to new strategic design skills in order to deal with social problems more efficiently.
The latest 16-week programme has been launched
- Lenovo also revealed plans to realign its datacenter group under five market segments.
- Lenovo also revealed plans to realign its data center group under five market segments.
- Pippa Nissen, director, Nissen Richards Studio“I’ve always had a bit of a thing for 1890s Paris and its explosion of culture, including symbolist art, flâneurs, the birth of cubism and art nouveau. Lots of my favourite references are from this time, and it would be completely inspiring to see everything brought together. Joris-Karl Huysmans’ novel Against Nature was a key text for me when I was studying – the main character Jean des Esseintes recreates&nbs
- We are happy to announce the judging panel for the Design Week Awards 2017, which includes Made head of design Ruth Wassermann, Construct founder Georgia Fendley and Studio Myerscough founder Morag Myerscough.
We’ve teamed up experts from across the industry calling on the likes of Dixon Baxi executive creative director Aporva Baxi, Onedotzero creative director Shane Walter and MagCulture creative director Jeremy Leslie.
The full list of judges is as follows:
Construct founder Georgi
- T-Mobile is rolling out Scam ID and Scam Block features to customers starting today as part of a strategy to protect customers. Three out of four people in the US have received scam calls at some point, resulting in an incredible amount of stolen money.
- via HongkiatDrones are perhaps the most innovative technologies of our times and the most useful tools for photographers. With drones, you can shoot aerial videos or take aerial photographs. Such kind of photos look totally out of the world, as it is hard to imagine how the places really look like from the sky.Levitation Photography: 65 Stunning Examples & Tutorials
Levitation Photography: 65 Stunning Examples & Tutorials
Many says floating in the air, or so called levitation is impossible. Well, in
- Fanta has been rebranded in the UK, taking on a new, angular logo with a brighter colour palette, and will appear on shelf in a redesigned twisted bottle.
The previous Fanta logo, courtesy of the Coca-Cola Company.The new visual identity, which aims to be “fun” and “vibrant” according to Fanta, is based on a hand-cut pattern that has been digitised. It swaps out a rounded sans-serif typeface, for an angular one, and inverts the colours so that the logotype is now white a
- Bitly was constantly ordering new servers and replacing failed hard drives until it moved its infrastructure to the cloud in 2016. Here's a breakdown of how it's paying off.
- Microsoft fixes a bug that made its file-hosting service, OneDrive, slow on Linux but not on Windows.
- via HongkiatLike many other social network services, Instagram has its own live video broadcast feature. Unlike other social network services, Instagram has never implemented an option that would allow users to save their live broadcasts. 40 Tools & Apps to Supercharge your Instagram Account
40 Tools & Apps to Supercharge your Instagram Account
We had fun with the last post on 80 Twitter Tools to do almost everything so we thought…Read more
For those who wish to archive their live broadcast,
- Nokia teases the availability of its new Android phones, with the US part of a global rollout starting next month.
Follow @webdesign_uknws on Twitter!