First they came for the Marmite, and I did not speak out – because I don’t really like Marmite.
Then, they came for the Toblerone, and I did not speak out – because I never really buy Toblerones to be perfectly honest.
Then they came for my freedom to watch porn anonymously…
With a series of decisions so far described variously as Orwellian, draconian, and terrifying, the British go
- Donald Trump soared to success on the wings of a campaign that didn’t just court controversy but slapped a dog collar on it and rode it all the way to the white house. And through it all, one vessel shone through, one medium that was so perfectly suited to the kind of message that Trump wanted to spread that in hindsight his victory seems almost fated.
Keep your friends close, and… just keep your friends close.
Trump, the self professed “Hemingway of 140 characters”, owe
- London - As the London Symphony Orchestra announces its new 2016/17 season of events and gears up for one of the most important years in its history - with Sir Simon Rattle taking over as Music Director in September 2017 - it has re-appointed Velo to look after its paid digital media. The agency has been selected again as the LSO’s digital full service paid media agency for the fifth consecutive year. Velo look after...Source: RealWire
- Detailed information on website performance, growth potential and competition analysis opens new opportunities for strategic business planning in China Data from the largest online market in the world is based on Baidu, China's most important search engineSAN MATEO, Calif. (October 27, 2016) - In a worldwide first, Searchmetrics Inc. is now providing comprehensive on-demand research data on search and content performance from China, giving Searchmetrics customers a way to analyze their market po
- Guided Creation and Optimization Helps Deliver Revenue-Producing ContentSAN MATEO, Calif. (Oct. 24) – Searchmetrics today expanded its pilot program for the world’s first agile content development platform, delivering a new paradigm for online marketers to produce content that resonates with audiences and drives predictable results.The Searchmetrics Content Experience is pathfinding software that lets users create content optimized to stand atop search page rankings. Driven by deep l
- LONDON, UK - October 20, 2016 - WP Engine today announced that it has made Let’s Encrypt™ SSL/TLS certificates freely available to all customers. This means for every single one of the company’s 50,000 customers setting up a secure site is simple, automated, and completely free.Let’s Encrypt is an open certificate authority whose purpose is to make HTTPS ubiquitous on the internet through free SSL/TLS certificates. These certificates are recognised by all modern browsers
- London, UK - October 13, 2016 - WP Engine today announced that it has made Let’s Encrypt™ SSL/TLS certificates freely available to all customers. This means for every single one of our 50,000 customers setting up a secure site is simple, automated, and completely free. Let’s Encrypt is an open certificate authority whose purpose is to make HTTPS ubiquitous on the internet through free SSL/TLS certificates. These certificates are recognized by all modern browsers and...Source: R
Searchmetrics Study: Page One of Google shows fewer Results, but Marketers can Target Search in growing number of waysImages, Videos, App Packs, Direct Answers and other integrations are opportunities for marketers to appear on Google’s first pageLondon, October 06, 2016 - While the number of traditional organic links displayed on page one of Google has now fallen from 10 to around 8.5 links, new research suggests there are more opportunities than ever for marketers to give their content a chance of appearing in search results in other ways. Almost every search query today...Source: RealWire
- Verdane Capital acquires shares of Neuhaus PartnersBusiness development in 2016 continues to be very positiveProduct innovation based on deep-learning technologyBerlin, October 5, 2016 ‒ Searchmetrics today announced Verdane Capital has become a principal investor in the world’s largest search and content optimization provider, replacing longtime partner and investor Neuhaus Partners.“With Verdane Capital, we are bringing a new partner onboard who fits perfectly into our conten
- NetBooster (FR0000079683 – ALNBT – PEA-PME eligible) the leading independent European agency in digital performance marketing, announces the acquisition of one of the UK’s top digital agencies, 4Ps Marketing Ltd, based in London. With this new acquisition, NetBooster Group is now the biggest independent Performance Marketing player in Europe’s three core markets and, along with its US partner, has 850+ employees across 25 locations worldwide.NetBooster Group’s prese
- Session to Explore “Delivering Insight to People at their Digital Workplace”London UK – September 13, 2016 – Sinequa, a leader in Cognitive Search and Analytics, today announced that it will be participating in the Gartner Digital Workplace Summit 2016. The session, “Delivering Insight to People at their Digital Workplace,” will be given by Sinequa CMO Hans-Josef Jeanrond at 9:30 a.m. on the second day of the September 21-22 event at the Park Plaza Westminster
- UK Top 20 retained executive search firm impressed by progressive platform Invenias, the leading cloud-based platform for executive and strategic hiring, has announced today that The Miles Partnership has deployed its platform as it seeks to extend its leadership position in a highly competitive market. The Miles Partnership focuses on executive and board level search, interim management and leadership consulting. The firm built its success of delivering results across a diverse range of industr
- Sure, data-driven storytelling is the next big thing in content marketing. But how do you create that narrative?Recently, Moz has established that data
is meaningless without a story. MarketingLand has published an article
detailing what a data-driven story should contain in order to go viral. Google
the power of telling meaningful stories with data.It is now generally knowledge in the industry that there needs to be a story driving all marketing initiatives for them to be successfu
- Sinequa Expands Leadership Team in Response to Rapidly Increasing Demand for its Cognitive Search & Analytics PlatformNEW YORK – July 6, 2016 – Sinequa, a leader in Cognitive Search and Analytics, today announced that it has expanded its executive team with the addition of Stéphane Kirchacker who joins the company as Vice President, Sales EMEA. A seasoned software-industry veteran with a strong international background, Kirchacker brings deep expertise in streamlining sale
- Back in March bloggers were confronted with manual penalty
notices from Google citing ‘unnatural outbound links’.
This was directly linked to a warning Google had issued a
few weeks before in regards to disclosure of reviews in return for free
products. Understandably this worried and confused some bloggers, however there
are some simple best practices that can be followed going forward. Best PracticesNofollow vs followed? First and foremost, if you have received a sample i
- As the world’s largest video search engine, YouTube
represents a rich vein of potential to businesses both in terms of building
brand awareness and driving sales. Despite this, it’s not uncommon to find that
developing an effective YouTube strategy can pose a challenge to even the
largest of ecommerce companies.Unfortunately, creating high-quality video content is far
from an exact science, and is almost always more expensive than its text
counterpart; as a result, it’s easy to
IS Solutions Enhances Data Analytics Expertise Through Partnership with Search-Driven Analytics Leader ThoughtSpotMonday 6th June 2016, Sunbury-on-Thames, UK: IS Solutions Plc, a leading AIM-listed data solutions provider, has announced that it has become a channel partner for ThoughtSpot, the leader in search-driven analytics in the enterprise. ThoughtSpot’s relational search technology – providing instant answers to business questions through search-driven analytics – is pivotal to IS Solutions’ stated aim of placing data in the hands of the users that can best drive value from it.
- The Google Summit aired last night, and our PPC, Analytics and CRO experts were watching it live. In this post, we’ll round up the latest PPC and AdWords news from the announcement.The FactsGoogle started the summit with some pretty impressive facts, and the running theme throughout the presentation was mobile. We’re not waiting for the move to mobile -it has already happened.Over half of the trillion searches that happened on Google last year are from mobile devices, and smartphones
- SAN MATEO, Calif. – May 23, 2016 - Searchmetrics today announced it has secured nearly $8 million in new financing to fuel new growth opportunities and initiatives for the company’s award-winning search optimization and content performance software suite.Searchmetrics, a leading vendor of global SEO software and analytics tools, has raised more than $31 million in equity funding over five rounds since it was founded in late 2007. Major investors include Holtzbrinck Digital and Iris C
- Circus PPC has been selected by tyre retail and fitting service, etyres, to manage their online PPC advertising accounts.Having managed their own PPC accounts internally over the last few years etyres reached out to Circus PPC to review and compile a strategy that could deliver the efficiencies & growth demanded by the business and the franchisees.etyres felt they had reached a point where they now needed an expert agency to deliver on those goals.“We are...Source: RealWire
- In the First Award of its Kind, UK Based PPC Agency 'Circus PPC' wins over European & Middle East Competition With a lavish presentation at Berlins Motorwerks in May, Circus PPC were recognised for their dedication to quality, effectiveness and growth in AdWords advertising.The Ready to Rock competition was an AdWords competition open to all Google Partner Agencies across the whole EMEA. By analysing accounts, looking for technical excellence, growth and development, Circus PPC’s accou
- De-duplication delivers accurate, single search result set, eliminating need for multiple queriesSearchYourCloud (SYC), provider of real-time federated search for enterprise, today announces it has been granted a new patent by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) for the sorting and de-duplication of a search query from multiple sources into a single search result. SYC’s new patent specifically allows for a search engine to receive multiple search results from one search q
- Google have announced that they will live streaming a demo of the brand new, re-designed Adwords interface on 24th of May 12pm EST (4pm for us in the UK).
The revamp was first announced back in March, and was conceived as a way to make the platform’s interface more up to date, combining and integrating all of the many features that have been added in the 15 years since it was first introduced.This is the first major redesign of the Adwords interface and promises a much more cohesive user e
- Cognitive Search & Powerful Analytics Provide Deep Insights in Data and User Behavior Using Machine Learning NEW YORK – May 3, 2016 – Sinequa today announced the general availability of Sinequa ES Version 10. Powered by Machine Learning capabilities at its core, this ground breaking version helps deliver deep analytics of contents and user behavior, offering information with continually improving relevance to users in their work environments. The self-learning platform makes info
- You may have heard that blogging is old news, or worse –
dead. There has been no shortage of debate around the topic, with countless
articles written about how blogging is no longer relevant. But, is it true that blogging is
really dead?In a word, no.Blogging is – or should be – an integral part of your online
marketing strategy. Unlike personal blogs like Tumblr, for instance, your blog
has the sole purpose of helping your business grow. But how does it do that?It Drives Traff
- If you've got the Facebook App on your phone, chances are you'll have tapped on the notifications icon thinking you've got a new like or comment from a friend – then found out that it was instead a Live video.Why shouldn't you ignore this
notification like you usually ignore the ones telling you about people's birthdays?
Because Facebook Live is the next big step your business needs to take in
social media marketing. What is Facebook Live?It's a new feature for Facebook, allowing users to
- Recently rolled out in Beta, users now have the ability and control to transform and update feed data directly from the Merchant Center. This includes the ability to overwrite values, update missing values, and create rules to update their data.To see if you have access to this beta, simply log into your Merchant Center account. Once you navigate to the feed tab and click on your active feed, you should see a number of new tab called “Feed Rules”.When creating rules, users now have t
- Solving a conundrum that plagues the more idly-inclined among us, YouTube have revealed that they are developing a 360-degree, virtual reality compatible live-streaming video service – giving you all of the benefits of going outside without any of that irritating weather, movement and social interaction that so often goes with doing so.
Live streaming video has been growing in popularity lately, with Periscope’s dedicated service paving the way, and Facebook and YouTube both throwing
- Searchmetrics Suite™ Ranks Mobile App Performance, Delivers Unique Competitor Keyword Insights and Provides Error-Tracking and Alerts for Critical Web PagesSAN MATEO, Calif. -- April 5, 2016 – Searchmetrics today announced several new features for its industry-leading search and content performance software suite, including the first-ever ability for online marketers to track and compare how their mobile apps perform in paid and organic searches.Searchmetrics’ Mobile App Rankin
- AdWords added their own take on rebirth to the Easter
story last Monday, with the announcement of a new platform redesign.In a move that’s sure to annoy as many as it’ll please,
they’ve announced that there will be a bit of a facelift to the now creaky old interface,
as can be seen in the screenshot below:It’s only a screenshot, and there’s perhaps not a lot to be taken from it, but that’s not going to stop us from trying.New AdWords NavigationSo, besides the
- Unless you've been living under a rock in recent months,
you'll have heard about Facebook's latest update. An answer to the people's demand
for a dislike button has now been rolled out worldwide, in the form of 5
additional reactions you can choose in addition to the classic "like”. This shiny new feature is the
result of a whole year of researching, testing, and re-testing by the dedicated
team at Facebook. Unsurprisingly, a
colossal amount of thought went into which emotions should
- Writing successful content for the web can be tricky, not only because what defines the success of a piece of content varies wildly. As a general rule though, you want to combine accessibility with insight against an obstacle of ever-shrinking attention spans. Here’s a rough guide on how to shape your writing so that it reaches a wide audience without compromising on quality.
Deep Content and Wide Content
When writing content for your website, there are two basic aims:
Drawing in new users
- Searchmetrics research suggests only 20% of iOS apps and 30% of Android Apps are able to support Google app indexing San Mateo – March 9, 2016 – Many brands are failing to let content from their apps show up in Google’s organic search results according to new research from Searchmetrics, the leader in search and content performance. These firms are potentially missing out on valuable app traffic, engagement and conversions.In its study of the 100...Source: RealWire
- Some say that PPC is all about the numbers, and it's easy to see why. This isn’t entirely true though, as there is another, often
overlooked, side to Paid Search that comes through its agility.Depending on the size of the campaign, through PPC we are able
to promote content, events, or simply a brand in less a day. Incredible,
isn’t it? It gets even better when you integrate your PPC efforts with a
client’s multi-channel marketing strategy, and even more so when you includ
- When we invest in making creative content our ultimate aim
is for that content to achieve viral success. To make sure that is going to
happen a lot of time and energy is required, not to mention design work and an
extensive promotion plan. Therefore, instead of going with the first idea we
think of, we need to approximate success levels prior to creation. But how do
we do this when it is impossible to predict the future?Although we will never be able to be 100% sure that
something will be succes
- As the second-largest search engine in existence, YouTube
receives over 30 million visitors every day. As such, it represents an enormous
commercial opportunity for any business that can properly utilise video content
to promote their product or service.But how exactly does YouTube decide which content should top
its search engine results pages? And how do you go about ensuring that your
brand enjoys the best possible visibility within them?Similarly to parent company Google, YouTube’s ran
- A zen paradox for the modern age:
If a post is written on a blog that receives no traffic, is there any content there at all?
Like the sound of a tree falling in an empty forest, or like a Kanye West rant, a blog is nothing without people there to take it in.
Where has my traffic gone?
If you run a blog, you want traffic. It’s very simple.And if you’re traffic starts falling, then you’ll want to do something about it. This is also very simple.
But what exactly should you do to
- Searchmetrics reorganizes its business along regional lines and creates a new VP role for EMEASan Mateo, February 22, 2016 – Searchmetrics, the world leader in search and content performance, is reorganizing its business with a regional focus and is creating a new position to oversee strategic and operational development in Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA). As the new VP EMEA, Patric Liebold will take responsibility for all strategic and operational issues in the entire...Source: Re
- The new mobile solution to increase site speed and improve
user experience.In recent months, you’re likely to have heard of the
acronym AMP within the search industry. AMP stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages,
and it’s the newest project
that Google, Twitter, and many other businesses and developers have been working
on. This open-source project is born of the necessity to
drastically improve site speed, and therefore user experience, and to help
users more easily access informat
- Penguin 4.0, the latest version of Google’s spam-fighting update is on its way, although exactly when it will arrive remains to be seen.
What is Penguin?
Google’s Penguin update, first launched back in 2012, marked an important step in the battle against spam and against black-hat SEO.
In particular, Penguin’s target was black-hat linking schemes.
As Chuck Price at Search Engine Watch puts it:
“Before Penguin, bad links were simply devalued and needed to be replaced in or
- Should you be bidding on branded keywords? This is a much debated topic here at QueryClick, and chances are you have landed on this article with your own opinion.There is no right or wrong answer. What’s right for your brand or company may not be the right choice for another business, and it all centres on your brand name, current competition, current SERP performance and business goals.Should I Stop Bidding on Brand?Some clients are hesitant to spend money on traffic that could have come
- The Denver Broncos saw off the Carolina Panthers 24-10 to win Super Bowl 50 in what has been described as one of the most underwhelming finals of recent years. Regardless of what happened on the field however, the Super Bowl still attracts a huge audience. 111.9 million viewers tuned in to watch a game that lasts over 4 hours but only had 12 minutes and 6 seconds of actual football played during that time. You can see the broadcast breakdown here.It’s safe to say that a large number o
- Content specialists take note: as of last month, Google
Panda is now part of the core ranking algorithm. But what does that mean? How
is the change different from before? And as content creators, do we need to be
doing anything different now that Panda is part of the main event?What does being part of the core algorithm mean?Previously, Panda was a spam filter, something applied after the core algorithm had meandered
its way through ranking factors and key signals, coming in at the end to judge
Sinequa Unifies Information Access across Big Data and Cloud Environments with Expanded Family of Smart ConnectorsWith 150 ready-to-use connectors, Sinequa provides the broadest connectivity for rapid extraction of valuable insights from Enterprise Applications, Big Data and Cloud environmentsNEW YORK, January 25, 2016 - Sinequa, a leader in real-time Big Data search and analytics, today announced availability of a series of new smart connectors for cloud and Big Data Hadoop environments. The “plug and play” connectors of the Sinequa Big Data Search & Analytics Platform, enable seamless acce
- Atcore will benefit from Searchmetrics’ in-depth support and training to power global multilingual search campaignsLondon, January 6, 2016 – Searchmetrics, the search and content performance leader, has today announced that Atcore, a leading digital agency in Denmark, has joined the Searchmetrics partner program as a Sapphire partner. This deeper relationship with Searchmetrics will help the agency maximise the benefits of Searchmetrics’ data and insights for its clients.&ldquo
- In recent years, Black Friday has established itself as one
of the most important days in the online retail calendar, and in 2014 passed
both Boxing Day and Cyber Monday to become the most valuable shopping day of
the year in the UK. At QueryClick we understand the importance of seasonal SEO
strategies. We’ve put a huge emphasis on running effective Black Friday
campaigns, taking advantage of the increasing popularity of the event and
supporting our e-commerce clients with an effective, da
- 20% say their phone is the only device they’ll use for researching gifts online this holiday shopping seasonSan Mateo – December 15, 2015 - 62% of US consumers will have researched Christmas gifts online by looking on Amazon this holiday shopping season, with 44% performing searches on Google according to a new study. Mobile phones are expected to play a big role, with around 67% of people planning to use their smartphones for researching gifts...Source: RealWire
Improve Website User Experience And Online Visibility With Fast Effective Link Optimization from SearchmetricsSearchmetrics introduces Link Optimization to help analyze and optimize a website’s internal link structure and exploit untapped potential Plus: New Smart Reporting feature cuts report creation time by up to 90% San Mateo, December 09, 2015 – Searchmetrics, the leader in search and content performance, is today introducing Link Optimization, a new feature designed to help online marketers work smarter and save time when optimizing the structure of internal links between the pages on
- Adactus Housing Group is implementing the 360 Tenant Portal from 1st Touch (www.1sttouch.com). The new system will provide an impressive online resource, enabling easy self-service access to a broad range of customer services for tenants. The software will improve on the group’s existing online services, augmenting the group’s award-winning incoming call centre and extensive customer care facilities. Adactus Housing Group is a Registered Social Landlord managing over 13,000 propertie
- While scepticism surrounding the Black Friday weekend has been growing this year from shoppers and retailers alike, that’s no reason not to take advantage of the plethora of deals available.
Follow these five tips to make sure that you make the most of this cut-price retail carnival:
1. Shop online
A recent study showed that 65% of shoppers in the UK who plan on taking part in Black Friday in 2015 will be doing so online.
Not only will you be getting some of the best deals, but shoppi
Follow @SEO_News_UK on Twitter!