DX wins contract to provide bespoke logistics for Avon UK ...
Independent parcels, mail and logistics operator DX has won a contract to provide bespoke logistic services for beauty company Avon UK. The contract is worth ...en meer »
- SHD Logistics
Jungheinrich launches 'Power Buy the Hour' to UK clients
Jungheinrich UK has announced the launch of its 'Power Buy the Hour' range of rental packages, a highly flexible and completely new approach to IC forklift truck rental in the UK. Supported by greater availability and shorter delivery times ...
- Supply chain management solutions provider UPS has expanded its rail service between China and Europe, allowing better access to alternative shipping options for its customers.
- Logistics Magazine - Australia
Freight association to advise UK Government on Brexit
Logistics Magazine - Australia
On Wednesday 30 March UK Prime Minister Theresa May invoked Article 50 to begin negotiations for Britain's exit from the European Union. The British International Freight Association (BIFA) – the trade body representing the UK's freight forwarding ...en meer »
- Global trade and free trade agreements – they’re hot topics today and they are responsible for tectonic shifts in various industries and the economic welfare of many. But they’re also topics that require ongoing management by today’s multinational companies and their trading, logistics, and finance partners. Luckily, there is a software application for that. A quick primer as I embark on the update to ARC’s Global Trade Management Market Res
- New Zealand Post has signed an agreement with Henan Bonded Logistics Centre (HNBLC) and Trademonster to simplify access for New Zealand companies to enter China.
- CN and TFI International have agreed to develop a domestic intermodal business for markets across Canada.
- The Loadstar
UK logistics filling more executive roles as supply of warehouse operatives slows
Specialist logistics and supply chain recruitment firm BiS Henderson recorded a 20% jump in the number of new executives it placed in the second half of last year, which, it said, paints a different picture of the UK market following the Brexit vote ...en meer »
- Today’s global supply chain network is a labyrinth. Whether handled internally, outsourced, or a mix of the two, unanticipated roadblocks to the delivery of goods pop up left and right. These disruptions and inefficiencies hinder quality of service for customers and add costs to suppliers, manufacturers, and retailers. The map to avoid these obstacles is supply chain visibility (SCV). Visibility: The Game Changer Defined Visibility is the ease with which stakeholders, ranging from the supp
- Supply chain management service provider Ceva Logistics has opened a new multi-user distribution facility in the UK.
- Air Cargo World (registration)
CEVA Logistics opens new facility in Doncaster, UK
Air Cargo World (registration)
CEVA Logistics has opened a 215,800-square-foot “shared-user warehouse” at the new iPort intermodal logistics park, in Doncaster, U.K. The site can accommodate up to 28,000 pallets, sits adjacent to a 35-acre rail terminal and has parking bays for 110 ...
Ceva opens new shared-user warehouse facility in UKLogistics News, Industry Analysis, Market Research Reports - L
- The use of autonomous mobile robots in warehouses is set to explode. Their are very different viewpoints of the best way to optimally manage the combination of robots and humans.
- US private equity firm The Carlyle Group has purchased a minority interest in Indian third-party supply chain service provider, Delhivery.
- Thirty-three years ago today, five high school students in Shermer, IL spent a full Saturday in all-day detention for various offenses. The five students were labeled a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess, and a criminal. To pass the time, the students talked, argued, snuck out of the library to explore the school, and opened up about their fears and the pressures they face. Over the course of the nine hours they spent […]
- DSV's network has been optimised with cross-docking terminals in Schwieberdingen and Krefeld terminal in Germany.
- Singapore Post (SingPost) and TUMCREATE are carrying out an electric vehicle trial for mail delivery.
- US-based Davaco has merged with customized logistics solutions provider Crane Worldwide Logistics.
- Temperature-controlled warehousing and logistics company Lineage Logistics has entered into a strategic partnership with BluJay Solutions.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific and the Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult (CGT Catapult) have formed partnership to provide developers with both manufacturing capability and distribution, logistics and storage capacity needed to create supply chain to speed up cell and gene therapy development and commercialsation.
- Ctrack has launched a support web app to be used alongside its range of leading vehicle tracking solutions, so fleet operators can better engage with their drivers and ensure they are following vehicle safety procedures Posted via Industry Today. Follow us on Twitter @IndustryToday
- Dubai’s DP World is exploring opportunities for logistics and industrial parks along the expanded Panama Canal.
- Over the last few years, there has been a lot of talk about sustainability, green initiatives, and the reduction of carbon emissions from major companies around the globe. This is especially true as companies look at their supply chain. In the same light of making supply chains more responsible, a growing trend is the fight to end deforestation. As the term implies, deforestation is the removal of forests or woodlands for non-forest use. There are […]
- The LGV Training Company has delivered the goods for charity by donating more than £17,000. Posted via Industry Today. Follow us on Twitter @IndustryToday
- Zoom Removals, Sydney, with over 9000 removals yearly, have thrived in gaining extensive success and status through their services and team of professionals. Posted via Industry Today. Follow us on Twitter @IndustryToday
- Zoom Business Relocation is the most sought after and most highly recommended business relocation partners in all of Australia. Posted via Industry Today. Follow us on Twitter @IndustryToday
- Paragon is helping road transport and logistics operations to ensure drivers follow approved routes with the launch of Waypoint Mapping. This latest innovation will enable fleet operations to benefit from higher levels of efficiency Posted via Industry Today. Follow us on Twitter @IndustryToday
Editorial: Why logistics is crucial to the UK's future success
Last week it was the turn of the Rt Hon David Jones MP to recognise the importance of logistics to the UK's future success. Speaking at the Keep Britain Trading conference hosted by the Freight Transport Association he said that a flourishing logistics ...
- US-based Walmart is planning to deploy in-store drones, in a bid to provide better services for the customers in the shop floor.
SEKO selects launch location for hybrid logistics solutions in the UK
Chicago-based SEKO Logistics is to open a new centre in Milton Keynes which will serve as the launch location for a new hybrid logistics solution in the UK. It follows on from the launch of a 250,000 sq ft logistics centre in the town in 2014, which ...
- With the millions of trailers nationwide sitting idle and unhooked 80% of the time, it’s time to take your yard out of the dark ages and into the digital world. When it comes to the warehouse or DC yard, traditional supply chain management software tools like Transportation Management Systems (TMS), Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) have failed the very shippers that rely on them. And while some “add-on” Yard Management Systems (YMS
- The European Commission has re-adopted a decision to fine 11 air cargo carriers a total of €776m for operating a price–fixing cartel.
- HighJump is developing a new solution - a distributed order management solution for facilitating Omni-channel fulfillment.This has been a problematic product category, but HighJump's looks promising.
- DHL eCommerce has expanded its fulfillment centers in the Columbus and Riverside, as part of its efforts to provide better e-commerce order fulfillment service for merchants in North America.
- Financial Times
Small-cap focus: UK logistics
Companies that ensure the smooth transport of goods, manage large warehouses and deliver online purchases act as a vital artery in the British economy. Sample the FT's top stories for a week. You select the topic, we deliver the news. Select topic.
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day, a day where everyone is Irish. Or, at the very least, pretends to be. And like any holiday, Americans sure love to spend money. In fact, according to the National Retail Federation (NRF), Americans will spend a record amount of money this year. Just how much money? Well, according to the NRF’s annual survey conducted by Prosper Insights & Analytics, spending for St. Patrick’s Day is expected to reach $5.3 billion, […]
Wincanton wins five-year logistics contract from UK retailer wilko ... - Logistics News, Industry Analysis, Market Research Reports - Logistics Business ReviewLogistics News, Industry Analysis, Market Research Reports - Logistics Business Review
Wincanton wins five-year logistics contract from UK retailer wilko ...
Logistics News, Industry Analysis, Market Research Reports - Logistics Business Review
British logistics company Wincanton has secured a five-year contract from UK retailer wilko to manage its transport operations.en meer »
- British logistics company Wincanton has secured a five-year contract from UK retailer wilko to manage its transport operations.
- iForce, the fastest growing supply chain business in the UK, has successfully secured the prestigious Investors in People (IIP) Gold Standard. The company earned special praise for its commitment to its people, how the business encourages leadership, and the emphasis it places on training and coaching.
Posted via Industry Today. Follow us on Twitter @IndustryToday
Logistics crucial to the UK's future success, says minister
Logistics will play a crucial role in the UK's future success, according to the Rt Hon David Jones MP. Speaking at the “Keep Britain Trading” conference, hosted by the Freight Transport Association (FTA), this week the Minister for the Department for ...en meer »
- There’s never a dull moment in the supply chain. That statement seems especially true thus far in 2017. We’re just over two months into the new year and there is already a myriad of questions about the market, the business landscape and how companies will be affected going forward. With issues such as changes to global trade deals, regulations and fluctuating capacity, we are quite certain that there will be an impact on the supply […]
- Rail freight operator DB Cargo and GE Transportation have partnered to digitize 250 locomotives across Germany, U.K., France and Poland over the next five years.
- The ProMat show will begin in less than two weeks. I thoroughly enjoyed the show two years ago and personally believe it is (still?) a more comprehensive trade show than its Atlanta-based twin, Modex. I have spent a good amount of time over the last week setting up interviews and otherwise planning my time for ProMat 2017. Those of you that have attended the show in the past will understand how easy it is to […]
- Ocean shipping solutions provider Inttra has acquired Belgium-based digitized container logistics solutions provider Avantida.
- Supply chain executives have some tough decisions to make in the year ahead as they face increased pressure to deliver product faster than ever before. The “Amazon effect” has disrupted customer expectations about the speed and visibility of goods in transit. Trying to increase velocity is a challenge when supply chains are fragmented and departments are using a variety of technologies for their own individual operations. A more modern approach to supply chain moves away […]
- Arcapita Acquires $150 Million Yielding Dubai Logistics Portfolio
PR Newswire UK (press release)
Arcapita, the global alternative investment firm, announced today that it has acquired a portfolio of income-generating logistics assets in Dubai, UAE, for a total transaction value of approximately $150 million. This transaction, together with eight ...en meer »
- ZOOM Business Relocation, offer you the best solutions to your relocation needs. Posted via Industry Today. Follow us on Twitter @IndustryToday
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) has partnered with Ivanhoé Cambridge and LOGOS to develop and acquire logistics properties in Singapore and Indonesia.
- DHL eCommerce, a division of Deutsche Post DHL Group has started a new fulfillment centre in Hong Kong adding to its global network of US, Mexico, India, Europe and Australia
- When Amazon bought a robotics company in 2012, interest in robots for the warehouse soared. Since then, there have been several entrants to the market. Recently, two new interesting solutions emerged.
- Air Cargo World (registration)
SEKO to open 'hybrid' logistics center in UK
Air Cargo World (registration)
SEKOMiltonKeynes-big To help serve a rising demand for e-commerce services in the central U.K. region, SEKO Logistics said it will expand services at its current fulfillment center in the town of Milton Keynes. Chicago-based SEKO Logistics, which has ...
Follow @UK_Logistics on Twitter!