- DHL Global Forwarding has worked with The Range to develop a solution that enhances the retailer's import supply chain.
- Singapore Post’s eCommerce logistics collaboration with Alibaba Group Holding (“Alibaba”) was strengthened, as Alibaba’s S$86.2mmillion investment in SingPost’s logistics subsidiary Quantium Solutions International (“QSI”) was completed.
- Two agent-based third-party providers of transportation and logistics management services, Sunteck Transport Group and TTS, LLC announced that the companies agreed to merge and will operate under Sunteck / TTS Holdings, LLC.
- XPO Logistics has divested its truckload business to Canadian transportation firm TransForce for about $558m.
Logistics Market To Deliver High Rate Of Success With Rising Online Shopping Trends Across The GlobeGlobal Logistics Market, in terms of revenue is set to expand from US$8.1 trillion in 2015 to US$15.5 trillion by 2023, registering a CAGR of 7.5% from 2015 to 2024,By volume, the market is expected to clock in a 6.0% CAGR from 2016 to 2024 Posted via Industry Today. Follow us on Twitter @IndustryToday
- GENCO, A FedEx Company, has introduced multi-tenant warehousing solution to meet the evolving needs of healthcare customers in the US and Canada.
- Today’s digital culture has put tremendous pressure on distribution centers (DC) and warehouses, forcing them to drastically increase their pace of fulfillment to meet growing consumer expectations. This 24/7 ecommerce-driven industry transformation is causing greater peaks in demand that stretch equipment and people like never before. The impact of these peaks can have a domino effect through the supply chain – from DCs, to suppliers, to manufacturers and everyone in between. With t
Paragon helps optimise transport planning with latest version of Paragon routing and scheduling softwareParagon has launched the latest version of its advanced routing and scheduling software.Posted via Industry Today. Follow us on Twitter @IndustryToday
- HGV UK
Brexit talks vital for transport and logistics -says FTA Ireland
FTA Ireland says it's vital for stakeholders to start discussing all aspects of Brexit to ensure the best possible outcome for the transport and logistics sector. The comments were made by Aidan Flynn, FTA Ireland's General Manager Business Services ...en meer »
- Hermes, the consumer delivery specialist, is celebrating after securing a prestigious industry award in London. The company won the Courier Team Award at the 2016 National Courier Awards, held at the Institute of Directors in Pall Mall. Posted via Industry Today. Follow us on Twitter @IndustryToday
- C&J Industries has purchased a 53,000ft² building and associated property located in Meadville, Pennsylvania.
- Earlier this month I wrote an article about the changing warehouse order profile. That article presented data and discussed findings from ARC Advisory Group’s warehouse practitioner survey conducted in partnership with DC Velocity earlier this year. The overarching theme of the findings is that the ongoing transformation in the fulfillment environment is quickly shifting order profiles and warehouse operations. Adaptability and responsiveness are becoming more important and direc
- Odyssey Logistics & Technology has entered into a multi-year managed logistics service agreement with Finland-based chemicals company Kemira.
- St. George Logistics has signed a five-year contract to provide refrigerated distribution services for PepsiCo’s Tropicana, Naked Juice and Dole brands.
- DB Schenker and Goodman Group have opened a new 17,000m² logistics facility in Cologne, Germany.
- LLamasoft, a global leader in supply chain design optimization software and solutions, is proud to announce that Ashley Furniture Industries (Ashley) has selected LLamasoft as its supply chain design software provider of choice.
JLT Mobile Computers Selected by Leading International Port Operator ICTSI for Reliability in Extreme EnvironmentsRugged JLT VERSO™ 12 mobile computers keep containers moving during hottest Middle-Eastern summer temperatures at Basra Gateway Terminal in Iraq Posted via Industry Today. Follow us on Twitter @IndustryToday
- The consumerization of the supply chain has changed customer expectations. Customers want to receive the package as quickly as possible—maybe even the same day the order was placed. While same day shipping is great for maintaining positive customer experience, it does place quite a strain on resources for the shipper and the supply chain manager. Is same day shipping even a possibility in your supply chain? Do you have the right technology to accomplish this […]
- Chinese investor to invest £1bn in UK warehousing
Shanghai-based PGC Capital and Salford-based McCafferty Asset Management Group have signed a strategic partnership agreement to jointly launch a UK Logistics Warehouse Investment Scheme. The move comes just two months after Chinese ...
- There has been some breathless coverage of 3D Printing’s impact on the supply chain. In the supply chain realm is has been speculated that additive manufacturing could be able to transform the spare parts supply chain. The idea is that instead of carrying a plethora of slow moving parts across a network of warehouses, these warehouses could just manufacture the parts as needed.In 2014, one expert thought this was being overhyped. Today he is seeing signs of progress.
- Bob Dylan has won the 2016 Nobel Prize for Literature. This recognition has caused quite a stir, with many people weighing in on Dylan’s merits as a poet. The funny thing is, none of it really matters to Dylan. In fact, it took a full five days before the artist even acknowledged the award – turns out he wasn’t answering phone calls or emails, and the Nobel committee had no idea if he would even […]
Walmart announces $50m investment in Chinaâ€™s on-demand logistics and O2O grocery platform New DadaWalmart has announced a $50m strategic investment in New Dada, China’s largest local on-demand logistics and grocery O2O ecommerce platform.
- North American pension fund manager Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) has signed an agreement to purchase minority stake in India-based TVS Logistics Services (TVS LSL) for around $155m.
- EQT Infrastructure II has submitted, through an indirectly owned company within the Hector Rail group, an irrevocable offer to acquire GB Railfreight from Groupe Eurotunnel SE.
- The term “last mile” originated outside our industry. In fact, it comes from the telecommunications industry and refers to the installation and delivery of communication services to the end client. In the realm of transportation, though, last-mile delivery means the item’s final destination in the supply chain (for ecommerce deliveries, that mostly means to the customer’s home or sometimes office). In the early days of ecommerce, customers simply expected to order parcel-
- FedEx Express has announced that the company is expanding its distribution hub at Paris-Charles de Gaulle (CDG) Airport.
DHL partners UK's Metropolitan Police Service - Logistics Insight Asia (press release) (registration)Logistics Insight Asia (press release) (registration)
DHL partners UK's Metropolitan Police Service
Logistics Insight Asia (press release) (registration)
DHL implements end-to-end supply chain contract with the Metropolitan Police Service to design, procure and deliver uniforms and equipment. October 20, 2016. By Lee Kok Leong. DHL Metropolitan Police Service. In an industry first, DHL Supply Chain has ...
What will Brexit mean for the UK Supply Chain and Logistics Industry? - Hellenic Shipping News WorldwideWhat will Brexit mean for the UK Supply Chain and Logistics Industry?
Hellenic Shipping News Worldwide
Ti's Chief Executive, Professor John Manners-Bell shares his analysis of the future relationship between the UK and EU and its implications for supply chain and logistics. What are the implications of Brexit for the UK supply chain sector? Following ...en meer »
- Halloween is a short 12 days away, and spending for the holiday is soaring. According to the National Retail Federation’s (NRF) annual survey conducted by Prosper Insights & Analytics, total spending for Halloween is expected to reach $8.4 billion this year. This marks an all-time high in the survey’s 11-year history. US consumers are expected to spend an average of $82.93 on Halloween this year (based on 171 million Americans planning to celebrate Halloween), which […]
- Shorr Packaging, a national and independent packaging supplier, announced the opening of their new distribution and warehouse facility in Dallas.
- H.I.G. Capital announced that its portfolio company, Ship Supply International, a global port logistics business, has acquired Kamil Ship Supply.
- Every removal order is just another job to be completed in the shortest possible time-frame and move on to the next. Posted via Industry Today. Follow us on Twitter @IndustryToday
A Short Round-up of Developments in the UK's Freight and Logistics Industry - The Handy Shipping GuideThe Handy Shipping Guide
A Short Round-up of Developments in the UK's Freight and Logistics Industry
The Handy Shipping Guide
Shipping News Feature UK - ABP's Humber operation will be hosting its first ever recruitment fair at Port House in Hull on Wednesday 19th October. The event has been organised to highlight opportunities within the Humber ports of Hull, Goole, Grimsby ...
- SHD Logistics
DB Cargo to cut 900 UK jobs
DB Cargo announces devastating plans to cut up to 900 UK jobs in response to rapid and unprecedented changes in the markets it serves. The German-owned company is proposing a potential reduction of its workforce by 893 roles across the business, ...en meer »
Wincanton uses fleXipod to boost customer service and streamline workflow for home delivery operationWincanton has adopted Paragon’s fleXipod proof of delivery and fulfilment solution for its multi-client home delivery operation, which handles more than 200,000 furniture deliveries a year. Posted via Industry Today. Follow us on Twitter @IndustryToday
- APM Terminals has concluded an agreement with China COSCO Shipping Ports subject to customary conditions for the sale of a minority share in a new joint venture created for the APM Terminals Global Terminal Network’s operations in Vado, Italy.
- Microsoft has chosen TMC, a division of C.H. Robinson, as its global logistics management provider.
- A transportation management system (TMS) can give you one of the strongest ROIs of any supply chain management software – if you find the right one for your business. The trouble is, most TMS systems on the market now were designed to meet the needs of the industry 15-20 years ago. Consequently, these designs prevent the TMS from handling important aspects of a business. This has resulted in a large number of TMS implementations failing […]
- Supply chain solutions provider TouchPath has introduced new multilingual and user-defined third party logistics (3PL) solution, in a bid to provide better services for its customers.
Lloyd Fraser Emerges as UK's Premier Third Party Logistics Company for Small ... - PR Urgent (press release)Lloyd Fraser Emerges as UK's Premier Third Party Logistics Company for Small ...
PR Urgent (press release)
The article talks about the established brand of Lloyd Fraser, their repertoire of services and solutions that are available for all UK clients. It also makes special mention of Lloyd Fraser Group's innovative strategy of collaborative distribution ...
- Rwandan President Paul Kagame launched the world's first national drone delivery service during a ceremony in the country's centrally located Muhanga District.
- The Electronic Logging Data (ELD) mandate, Hours of Service (HOS), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s (FMSCA’s) safety scores; It is clear that owning a truck fleet comes with compliance challenges. The Internet of Things, predictive analytics, new BI platforms; It is also clear the external IT environment presents opportunities. How are new capabilities in IT solutions being leveraged to meet fleet compliance and safety challenges?
- Over the course of the last few years, I have written about autonomous trucks and the future of self-driving vehicles (see here and here for examples). These vehicles could be one of the solutions to the ongoing driver shortage, but are still years away from being a reality. Earlier this week, my friend and neighbor Steve Brykman, Senior Mobile Strategist at Propelics, offered an interesting take in his blog about the unsung heroes of self-driving […]
- OmniTRAX Sand Holdings, an affiliate of OmniTRAX, one of the largest privately held transportation service companies in North America and an affiliate of The Broe Group, is entering into a joint venture with Arrows Up, LLC, a provider of bulk storage and transportation solutions based in Elk Grove Village, Illinois.
- Janam Technologies, a leading provider of rugged mobile computers that scan barcodes and communicate wirelessly, and IntelliTrack , an industry leader in cloud-based inventory software, announced that Janam's XT2 rugged touch computer has been certified to run IntelliTrack's Stratus Mobile for Android application.
- Belcorp, one of the global top 10 manufacturers of beauty and cosmetic products, has chosen Kuehne + Nagel as its preferred provider for intercontinental cargo flows and as its exclusive partner for end-to-end shipment order management.
- DHL has opened a new sorting facility at the express hub in Leipzig, in a bid to expand its processing capacity in the European region.
- EIV Capital has announced the completion of its $20 million investment commitment to Gazelle Transportation, a crude oil transportation and fluid management logistics company.
- Descartes Systems Group, the global leader in uniting logistics-intensive businesses in commerce, announced that it has acquired Appterra, a leading US-based provider of cloud-based business-to-business (B2B) supply chain integration solutions.
- My colleagues and I have written a number of articles about the widespread growth of e-commerce and its effect on distribution operations. Many companies are opening new facilities for e-commerce fulfillment and others are using traditional replenishment facilities to fulfill e-commerce orders as well. It’s well-known that e-commerce growth is affecting the requirements placed on many organizations. But to what degree is the movement of goods through the supply chain shifting? And to what
Follow @UK_Logistics on Twitter!