- Reo Logistics has acquired US firm Concepts West to provide enhanced supply chain solutions for the customers.
- Materials Handling World Magazine
Growth to drive Birmingham logistics firm CSL into UK's Top 100
Materials Handling World Magazine
Despite economic uncertainties surrounding Brexit, a family-run logistics company CSL is on track to join the ranks of the UK's Top 100 transport/logistics businesses after year-on-year growth of 25 per cent saw its 2016 turnover reach an all-time high ...
- A couple of weeks ago was Groundhog day, where we “learn” whether we have to endure six more weeks of winter or can expect a rush order to spring. I, for one, did not believe Punxsutawney Phil when he saw his shadow and called for six more weeks of winter. This was due to the fact that we had experienced a mild winter so far. Well, Punxsutawney Phil apparently knew what he was talking about. […]
- Omnitracs has entered into a partnership with Peloton Technology on driver-assistive truck platooning and development of combined fleet management solutions.
- Online printer UNITEDPRINT, the owner of brand print24.com, has introduced a new standard and express delivery with fast delivery times for its product portfolio within the UK.
- Logistics firm DB Schenker has invested around $25m to acquire equity interest in US-based online shipping, transport and freight marketplace, uShip.
- Mail and logistics firm Deutsche Post DHL Group has collaborated with information and communications technology solutions provider Huawei Technologies to provide Internet of Things (IoT) technologies for connected logistics market.
- HGV UK
Stena Line continues sponsorship of NI's premier logistics dinner
Leading ferry company Stena Line will once more be the principal sponsor of this year's Northern Ireland Logistics and Transport Annual Gala Dinner, hosted by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT). The event will take place at ...en meer »
MSX becomes Brown-Forman's UK travel-retail logistics service provider
Travel-retail specialist Macintyre Scott Xtra (MSX) has become Brown-Forman's logistics service provider for its entire UK travel-retail business. The new UK-wide contract extends the Hampshire-based company's existing agreement with Brown-Forman.
- Today’s retail distribution centers (DCs) face more challenges than ever before. Consumers’ adoption of mobile technology and growing demands for convenience – coupled with the increasing competition of a crowded retail space – have led to complex omni-channel environments that put 24/7 demands on not only DCs, but entire supply chains. In the face of these pressures, DC managers are focused on streamlining processes, boosting productivity, and expediting order fulfillmen
- The Moodie Davitt Report
Brown-Forman signs new logistics deal for its UK travel retail business
The Moodie Davitt Report
Wines and spirits business Brown-Forman has extended its partnership with MSX, which will see the distribution firm provide logistics services for its entire UK travel retail operation. MSX, which specialises in bonded warehousing, will now provide ...en meer »
- Container transport company Ruscon has acquired Russian logistics firm Smart Logistics Group-Operating (SLG-Operating).
- Retailers can now offer consumers more flexibility and choice when it comes to receiving their online purchases, including a same day offering, thanks to a new partnership between Route Genie, the advanced carrier management software and Pass My Parcel, the click and collect parcel shop network. Businesses utilising the Route Genie solution to manage their deliveries can offer customers the optio1 Posted via Industry Today. Follow us on Twitter @IndustryToday
- A Courier from Brighton received his own special delivery this week after he got his hands on the keys to a new Mercedes Benz van. Stephen Collins won the top of the range vehicle in a prize draw organised by parcel delivery firm Hermes. Posted via Industry Today. Follow us on Twitter @IndustryToday
- I was recently informed of the new start-up company named TransVix that is developing a US trucking futures exchange market. Admittedly, my logistics research is focused more on warehousing than on transportation. However, I do have a solid understanding of both logistics and financial markets, and of financial derivatives such as forward contracts and futures. So I thought I would take this opportunity to discuss the concept of trucking futures and provide my perspective, and […]
- Supply chain management company Ceva Logistics has expandedits existing business partnership with Mercedes-Benz in Brazil through new contracts.
- A House Relocations Sydney company can often make or break your experience, so it is essential to decide on the right one. Posted via Industry Today. Follow us on Twitter @IndustryToday
Pall-Ex acquires UK's Shears Brothers and Bowden Transport - Logistics News, Industry Analysis, Market Research Reports - Logistics Business ReviewPall-Ex acquires UK's Shears Brothers and Bowden Transport
Logistics News, Industry Analysis, Market Research Reports - Logistics Business Review
Pall-Ex Group has acquired Dorset-based Shears Brothers and Essex-based Bowden Transport, in a bid expand its network in the UK and beyond. Shears Brothers acquisition allows Pall-Ex to cover BH, DT, GY, JE and SP postcodes, in addition to part of the ...en meer »
- Pall-Ex Group has acquired Dorset-based Shears Brothers and Essex-based Bowden Transport, in a bid expand its network in the UK and beyond.
- European palletised freight network Pall-Ex has acquired two of its members, Dorset-based Shears Brothers and Bowden Transport, based in Essex.
- SHD Logistics
DCAM looks to develop in the UK | SHD Logistics News
European investor Delin Capital Asset Management is moving into the UK logistics property development scene. DCAM, which has partnered Lidl on its ...en meer »
- SHD Logistics
DCAM looks to develop in the UK
European investor Delin Capital Asset Management is moving into the UK logistics property development scene. DCAM, which has partnered Lidl on its European expansion, says it is recruiting a UK development team and will commit to several development ...en meer »
- E-commerce businesses are continuing to allocate more resources and energy into building a consumer-driven supply chain. As the work unfolds, one thing is clear – the end delivery is becoming the new handshake between consumers and brands. Today, customer experience plays as much of a vital role for consumers as product quality and price. In fact, 76% of consumers say they view this experience as the true test of how much a company values them. […]
- SHD Logistics
VIDEO: UK SMEs fuel UK export growth | SHD Logistics News
More than 63% of British small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are exporting and making a significant contribution to rising international trade by taking ...en meer »
- SHD Logistics
VIDEO: UK SMEs fuel UK export growth
More than 63% of British small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are exporting and making a significant contribution to rising international trade by taking advantage of declines in the value of the pound, reveals new research of exporting SMEs by ...en meer »
- Ship Supply International, a portfolio firm of H.I.G. Capital, has acquired US-based port logistics solutions provider Marine Trading Services (MTS).
UK Freight Forwarding and Fashion Logistics Group Acquisition Expands ... - The Handy Shipping GuideThe Handy Shipping Guide
UK Freight Forwarding and Fashion Logistics Group Acquisition Expands ...
The Handy Shipping Guide
Shipping News Feature UK – BALTIC – Freight forwarding and specialist fashion logistics services group Delamode has expanded its integrated online delivery service 'EshopWedrop' with the acquisition of Lithuanian based company PirkAnglijoje.en meer »
- Amazon is building a new Air Hub in Ohio. Amazon's end goal is to deliver packages for itself and other retailers.This puts it into competition with FedEx and UPS.
- Global transportation firm FedEx Express has opened new express logistics facility at Milan-Malpensa airport in Italy.
- FedEx Express has opened its new international gateway to Southern Europe at Milan-Malpensa Airport.
- Vehicle movements and loading and unloading vehicles can be some of the most dangerous activities carried out on a worksite. This course will help you understand the legal requirements of both road traffic law and workplace safety law, how and why things go wrong, and how you can take practicable steps to reduce risk in your business.
- The Patriots have done it again. And I’m still in shock. In a comeback for the ages, the Patriots scored 31 unanswered points over the final 17 minutes of regulation and overtime to claim their fifth Lombardi trophy. This time, they were finally on the right side of a game-defining circus catch. And while the saying “cue the duck boats” is becoming a common occurrence in the Boston sports scene, it still brings about a […]
- International Spirit and Beverage Group announced that they are in the final stages of negotiations and will be announcing a new deal with one of the industry's premier logistics and supply chains firms to further support the expansion of Besado Platinum Tequila across the country.
- ORBCOMM, a global provider of Machine-to-Machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) solutions, today announced that it has been selected by Christenson Transportation, Inc. (Christenson) to provide an industry-leading logistics tracking solution for their trailer fleet.
- Sunny Delight Beverages has selected C.H. Robinson as its transportation 3PL provider to provide on-time delivery, centralize freight orders, manage contract carrier contracts, and provide visibility through its global technology platform, Navisphere.
- Third Party Logistics Industry Worth USD900 Billion by 2020
PR Newswire UK (press release)
ReportsnReports.com adds "Global and China Third-party Logistics Industry Report, 2016-2020" latest study of 116 pages, published in Feb 2017, to the Automotive intelligence collection of its store. Third-party logistics can not only help companies ...en meer »
- E-commerce firm Amazon has unveiled plans to open two new fulfillment centers in California, US.
- Technology in the 21st century evolves at a frightening pace. The newest innovations have a lifespan measured in months. No sooner have businesses accommodated a new technology than it is superseded. The companies that adapt to each rapid change are the only ones which stand a chance of survival – it soon becomes hard to compete without the latest technological ability. The same thing is happening in logistics. The rise of drones and connected data is […]
- Over the last 4 years, I have released an annual analysis of the global transportation management systems (TMS) market. The research combines the analysis of large amounts of information with interviews with executives from numerous TMS software companies. The end result is the publication of ARC’s TMS Global Market Research Study, which analyzes the market shares across numerous categories of the leading TMS suppliers. I am in the process of kicking off that research once […]
- Genesee & Wyoming (G&W) announced that it has agreed to acquire the shares of Atlantic Western Transportation, parent company of Heart of Georgia Railroad (HOG).
- Third-party logistics provider FedEx Supply Chain has introduced new fulfillment solution for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Presidential election years always bring with them a certain level of uncertainty, and this year’s election cycle may have ranked near the top of that category. Every new administration brings some amount of expected change, and while the range of policy changes are yet to be fully understood, there are already early signals — and it appears that status quo is not the trend. This year’s election process has brought renewed focus on supply chain […]
- Infor has announced that Barloworld Logistics' warehouse in Johannesburg has successfully upgraded to the latest release of the Infor SCE Warehouse Management System.
- Charter Steel began its journey toward making their supply chain a competitive weapon in 2010 when they implemented a new Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process. Since then, the company has improved its delivery performance from the low 60s to over 90 percent; their quoted lead times are now the shortest in the industry.
- Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics (SPPAL) has been awarded a comprehensive contract from the parcel and logistics service provider Hermes Germany to equip a high-throughput parcel sorting center near Augsburg (southern Germany).
- The Super Bowl is this Sunday – the Atlanta Falcons are seeking their first championship while my beloved New England Patriots are seeking their fifth. If you’re planning on going to the game, you’re going to have to shell out some serious cash. Looking at the secondary market, data from TicketCity indicates that the average ticket price is $4,744 and the largest sale was $74,928. Now for the majority of us, we’ll enjoy watching the […]
- SHD Logistics
Hermes announces UK restructure | SHD Logistics News
Consumer delivery company Hermes is to launch a major transformation programme designed to accelerate innovation throughout the business. It will build on ...en meer »
- SHD Logistics
Hermes announces UK restructure
Consumer delivery company Hermes is to launch a major transformation programme designed to accelerate innovation throughout the business. It will build on the customer experience through leading-edge technology, with a key focus on meeting the ...en meer »
Huge logistics support package for ERC season opener
Drivers and teams contesting the Azores Airlines Rallye, the opening round of the 2017 FIA European Rally Championship, will benefit from a huge logistics support package and subsidised entry fee. For every R5 car entered, the entrant or team will ...en meer »
Huge logistics support package for ERC season opener - Eurosport
Drivers and teams contesting the Azores Airlines Rallye, the opening round of the 2017 FIA European Rally Championship, will benefit from a huge logistics ...en meer »
Follow @UK_Logistics on Twitter!