- Partners react to Freshfields' hire of a five-partner buyout team from Ashurst
- Norton Rose Fulbright misses out after review of energy, minerals and infrastructure panel
- Bond Dickinson recruiting for second Scottish office due to open this spring
- Hong Kong co-chief exec Zhang Yi takes up key leadership role at KWM
- Simmons hires corporate partner as US firm recruits KWM's former Luxembourg head
- World's first listed law firm announces £216m "impairment charge" against value of UK arm
- Firm agrees tie-up with two-partner boutique McMahon McKay
Breaking lockstep, merger moves and looking after those left behind by KWM - the best of Legal Week last weekThe best news, interviews and analysis from Legal Week during the past seven days
- US firm posts 5% revenue rise following team hires in London, Paris and Frankfurt
- UK Supreme Court welcomes judicial assistant applications
Scottish Legal News
The UK's highest court is taking on judicial assistants (JAs) and encourages applications from all of the UK's legal jurisdictions. JAs have a varied workload, from deciding if cases should be admitted to the court to discussing them with justices and ...
- Insurance firm set to make more redundancies after layoffs in Leeds and Manchester last year
- Partner profits creep up as US firm looks to capitalise on big KWM team hire
- Transatlantic firm fails to convert top-line growth into PEP gains
- Shearman also advises as Chinese energy firms take stakes in state-owned Abu Dhabi oil company
- Lawyers move over to CMS ahead of May tie-up as talks over Munich base continue
- US firm reports record results as revenues approach $3bn mark
- Jewish News
UK Shechita supporters herald legal win in Belgium | Jewish News
British campaigners for the protection of kosher slaughter in Europe have hailed a legal win in Belgium after a constitutional court dismissed a challenge, ruling it ...en meer »
- Bank's financial report reveals decrease in 'settlements and provisions in connection with legal matters'
Clifford Chance uses lockstep 'super points' to reward top performers as offices face profit share cutsFirm goes above lockstep in London and New York with multiple partners also moved down
“On Becoming”: Makinwa on book tour to UK in spite legal threat ...
Abuja – Embattled Nigerian on-air-personality Toke Makinwa has proceeded to the United kingdom to promote her controversial book “On Becoming”, despite ...en meer »
- US firm posts 3.4% revenue rise alongside 3.1% PEP increase
- Magic circle firm ramps up New York office with trio of finance hires
- Magic circle firm continues New York push with trio of finance hires
- US firm recruits four-lawyer magic circle team
- US posts 6% revenue rise as equity cuts bolster partner profits
- Former partners asked to help support staff made redundant by firm's collapse
- US firm's London, Dubai and Moscow lawyers to merge with local Norton Rose counterparts
- Is Kodi legal in the UK? Here's what piracy experts have to say
Kodi Boxes have become exceedingly popular in the UK, as sales of the devices have skyrocketed, as people use them to watch films, sport and premium pay TV channels without having to sign up for an expense subscription. But people are now worried that ...en meer »
- Firm gears up for senior partner election as it sets out ambitious growth targets expected to see partner count climb by a third
- Belfast Telegraph
Nick Cannon planning legal action over tabloid article
The TV and radio personality is determined to fight claims he's facing a custody battle with his ex-wife, Mariah Carey. Mariah Carey's ex-husband Nick Cannon has threatened legal action over an article National Enquirer editors are planning to publish ...en meer »
- Ride-sharing company turns to Covington partner and former US attorney general Eric Holder for internal review
Legal experts urge UK to remain signatory to human rights convention
[JURIST] Lawyers and legal experts expressed concern [letter] on Sunday that the UK's consideration of leaving the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) [text, PDF] after the settlement of Brexit could result in a deterioration of human rights.en meer »
JURIST - Legal experts urge UK to remain signatory to human rights ...
[JURIST] Lawyers and legal experts expressed concern [letter] on Sunday that the UK's consideration of leaving the European Convention on Human Rights ...en meer »
India-UK holds dialogue on extradition, mutual legal assistance ...
A new round of dialogue on matters related to extradition and mutual legal assistance was held between the officials of India and the UK in New Delhi on ...en meer »
- Merger between Norton Rose Fulbright and Chadbourne & Parke to go ahead
- Five partners from Amsterdam practice to launch local operation for UK firm
- Firms team up with University of Ulster for new legal services venture
UK: Heterosexual couple loses legal battle for civil partnership
London: A heterosexual couple in Britain has lost its court battle for the right to enter into a civil partnership, an alternative to marriage that is reserved for same-sex couples in Britain. Rebecca Steinfeld and Charles Keidan. Reuters. Rebecca ...en meer »
- Baker Botts makes second significant post-Fulbright team hire from Norton Rose
India-UK Dialogue on Extradition and Mutual Legal Assistance - Ministry of External Affairs (press release)Zee News
India-UK Dialogue on Extradition and Mutual Legal Assistance
Ministry of External Affairs (press release)
A new round of dialogue on matters related to Extradition and Mutual Legal Assistance was held between the officials of India and the UK in New Delhi on 20 and 21 February 2017. The Indian delegation was led by Joint Secretary, Consular, Passport and ...
India-UK govt discuss legal options to extradite Vijay Mallya?Zee News
India-UK holds dialogue on extradition, mutual legal
- UK law firm Browne Jacobson launches legal support service for earl...
National commercial law firm Browne Jacobson is to launch a legal support service aimed both at supporting startups with high-growth potential and devel...en meer »
- UK top 50 firms name new senior management
- Zee News
India-UK govt discuss legal options to extradite Vijay Mallya?
New Delhi: In what could not be another set of disturbing news for Vijay Mallay, the Ministry of External Affairs is reportedly in talks with a 5-member government delegation from the United Kingdom discussing legal options of bringing the liquor baron ...en meer »
- Belfast Telegraph
Legal innovation centre to be first of its kind in UK - BelfastTelegraph ...
A new Ulster University (UU) Legal Innovation Centre in Northern Ireland will be the first of its kind in the UK.en meer »
- The Guardian
Moors murderer Ian Brady loses court fight over legal representation
Moors murderer Ian Brady has been refused permission to launch a high court battle to get a lawyer of his choice to represent him at a tribunal. Brady applied to launch what his lawyers described as a “totally unique” legal case after his solicitor of ...en meer »
- Orrick recruits Paris competition head Patrick Hubert
- New RPC managing partner sets out priorities for firm following long-serving leader Watmough's early exit
- In-house legal teams will also be recognised at June’s awards, which will be jointly hosted by Legal Week and The American Lawyer
New legal powers could send UK scientists into space to research vaccines and medicines
British scientists will be able to fly to the edge of space to conduct vital medical experiments under new powers unveiled this week. Laws paving the way for spaceports in the UK will allow experiments to be conducted in zero gravity which could help ...
It's lift off for government plans to bolster UK space sector as new legal powers could soon send scientists into spaceCity A.M.alle 47 ni
- Matthias Schemuth leaves firm after nine years for move to DLA
Follow @Legal_UKnws on Twitter!