- These documents provide an update on progress of the Countryside Stewardship facilitation fund by showing:successful applicantsapplication case studiesgeographic distribution
- Staff and students at Capel Manor College's Crystal Park campus have designed and built a wildlife garden in the park.
- With walking found to be the most popular activity at the coast, the opening of the route in Great Yarmouth by Lord Gardiner of Kimble and Natural England Chairman Andrew Sells means many more people can enjoy our stunning coastlines.The 21 mile route between Hopton-on-Sea and Sea Palling includes 3 new miles of access between Horsey and Sea Palling, where walkers and wildlife watchers will enjoy a beautiful and quieter section of Norfolk’s coastline, some of it for the first time. They wi
- Gold medal-winning RHS Tatton Park 'A Drop of Urban Green' garden has been rebuilt at a public green space in a Nottingham housing estate, to provide residents with a space to relive stress.
- Peoria Times
Landscaper digs deep to help victims of fraud
David Bell, owner of Advant-Edge Decorative Curbing and Landscaping, could not wait to help Rita and Kathy Roe after he learned they were the victims of a scam artist. Buy this photo. Posted: Friday, October 21, 2016 12:00 am. Landscaper digs deep to ...
- Natural England is seeking views on proposals that will restrict public access to open access land at this site.
Open consultation: Open access restriction at Ainsdale Sand Dunes National Nature Reserve: how to commentNatural England is seeking views on proposals that will restrict public access to open access land at this site.
- Commercial walk-behind mowers feature on John Deere's stand at Saltex as the company expands its range with the launch of the PRO 53MV.
- More than 150 individuals and organisations have submitted evidence to the Women and Equalities Committee's inquiry into disability and access to the built environment, including public open spaces.
- Landscaper seriously injured after hit by vehicle on Buena Vista Boulevard
A landscaper suffered serious injuries after he was hit by a vehicle Monday morning on Buena Vista Boulevard. April Prevatt, 34, had been driving a 2000 Nissan XTerra, at 7:45 a.m. when she was blinded by the sun's glare at Buena Vista Boulevard and ...
- The pond on Butts Close in Hitchin will be restored as part of a project investing in the green space.
- Labourers Few For Landscaper'S 25% Business Increase
#A NEW Providence-based landscaping firm has increased staffing levels by almost 60 per cent to cope with post-Hurricane Matthew demands, its principal yesterday estimating business levels were 20-25 per cent higher than normal. #But Robert Myers ...
- John O'Conner has been announced as a winner at the East of England National Apprenticeship Awards 2016 regional ceremony, in the Large Employer category.
- Groundscare and garden industry veteran Bob Corbin has died.
- US House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology chairman Lamar Smith (Republican-Texas) has described as "inexcusable" the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) announcement that the Scientific Advisory Panel's upcoming meeting on the chemical glyphosate has been further delayed.
- The All Party Parliamentary Gardening and Horticulture Group's annual reception is set to be funded by new sponsors, who say the lobbying event is too important to lose.
- The All Party Parliamentary Gardening and Horticulture Group's annual reception could be funded by new sponsors, who say the lobbying event is too important to lose.
- Special Protection Areas (SPAs) are special sites designated under the EU Birds Directive to protect rare, vulnerable and migratory birds.The proposal is to create a new Greater Wash Special Protection Area (SPA) to protect internationally important populations of overwintering:red-throated divercommon scoterlittle gull
The new SPA will include and protect the ideal coastal feeding waters used by breeding populations of:common ternSandwich ternlittle tern
Open consultation: Dungeness, Romney Marsh and Rye Bay potential Special Protection Area: comment on proposalsSpecial Protection Areas (SPAs) are special sites designated under the EU Birds Directive to protect rare, vulnerable and migratory birds.The proposal for Dungeness, Romney Marsh and Rye Bay is to create a new Special Protection Area (SPA) by changing the boundary of the existing SPA.The proposed new boundary will include and protect the ideal coastal feeding waters for breeding colonies within the existing SPA of:common ternSandwich ternlittle tern
The existing SPA already protects nationally i
- Special Protection Areas (SPAs) are special sites designated under the EU Birds Directive to protect rare, vulnerable and migratory birds.Natural England is consulting on proposals to extend existing SPAs or create new SPAs to protect the ideal feeding waters used by protected birds.
Open consultation: Open access restriction at Ludham and Potter Heigham Marshes National Nature Reserve: how to commentSee the consultation at the website link above for information about the proposed restriction to open access land (case number: 2016088212).
- The Landscaper
Eight years protection
Sadolin Superdec user Gary Davies has gone on camera to talk about his passion for colour using the wood protection product. The video showcases a number of projects carried out in Devon, and includes an insight into how the colour choices were made at ...
- Sadolin Superdec user Gary Davies has gone on camera to talk about his passion for colour using the wood protection product.
The video showcases a number of projects carried out in Devon, and includes an insight into how the colour choices were made at each site.
Gary is a strong advocate of Sadolin Superdec and, since launching Lyme Bay Cabins five years ago, has specified its use to all his clients.
He believes the superiority of the self-priming product in term of its application and finish,
- Cliveden Conservation is reminding owners and managers of gardens, parks and properties that Winter Covers for sculptures and decorative stonework need to be ordered now before the cold and rainy weather arrives. Each cover is made to measure and comes with a three-layer system combining moisture permeable outer & inner fabric layers and an internal insulating fibre.
Winter Covers are a simple yet cost effective solution which has been developed by Cliveden Conservation with involvement wit
- TERRAM has expanded its GrassProtecta range of grass reinforcement mesh products.
The product is specifically produced to reinforce and protect grass surfaces that are prone to becoming damaged by vehicular or pedestrian traffic.
GrassProtecta Lite is a 10mm mesh suitable for withstanding the pressures of occasional car parking and heavy pedestrian traffic. The solution is ideal for paths on golf courses or car parking areas that are not in regular use.
- Now that winter is approaching its time to think about making your driveway safe and inviting for visitors. By Martin Bennett
A gravel drive is a great deterrent for burglars as they cannot approach quietly, an illuminated drive is even better. The best way to light a driveway is to use illuminated bollards which both mark the edges and light the way. All types of bollards are available ranging from decorative to standard commercial styles.. Avoid the low cost ones as they may cor
- A new 'biodiversity' living wall system called Duragreen is launching into the UK through Surrey-based Livingwallz.
- Timber decking is becoming an increasingly popular design trend for a wide variety of landscaping projects. One particular concern with timber decking is that conventional deck boards can becomeslippery in wet conditions, risking accidents and personal injury. By Charlotte Hughes
From walkways through woods and parkland, to outdoor eating areas, viewing platforms and boardwalks, timber decking is being used to complement nature and create a sustainable aesthetic.
No longer just a me
- Lack of outdoor space is an important issue for Britons, said housing charity Shelter.
- Pitchmark suppliers of line marking paint, machines and equipment, has announced it is to offer a three year warranty on its spray and transfer wheel line markers from November 1st.
The three year manufacturer’s warranty will apply to Pitchmark’s range of ‘Eco’ spray markers, as well as the ‘Classic’ range of wheel-to-wheel markers.
Speaking on the decision, Pitchmark MD Mark Rodman said: “Having used line markers for over 30 years as a
- One of the oldest schools in the country, The Royal Masonic School for Girls in Hertfordshire, has given its talented hockey players a new place they can call home with the installation of a brand new artificial grass pitch.
With over 500 girls aged 11-18 playing hockey each week, either as part of the school programme or as extra-curricular activity, the school needed a facility that would perform well while also providing a safe environment to be played in by students and community clubs alike
- Polaris is offering substantial savings with autumn special offers on new Polaris Ranger utility vehicles and utility ATVs. From Monday 3rd October you can take advantage of a special discount of £500 off the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price of a new Polaris Ranger utility vehicle or you can have a discount of £250 off the MSRP of a new utility Polaris Sportsman ATV.
Polaris offers the widest choice of proven 4 x 4 utility vehicles and accessories so there will be a Polar
- This new event over the weekend of 3-4 September was well attended with close to 80 delegates, speakers and exhibitors, at the Royal Agricultural University, Cirencester, UK.
The launch of this platform to debate the role of nature, landscape and the urban world we inhabit was a test to establish how the public, industry and academia responded. A representative from the European Landscape Convention showed that this event was also interesting to government and across Europe.
All our speakers gr
- Draped in ivy, wildflowers and even a healthy covering of moss on the roof of a Plankbridge shepherd’s hut, a rediscovered garden design by Anne Jennings of Viridian Landscape Studio has won a Design Excellence Award in the BALI National Landscape Awards, for her work on a private residence in Chelsea.
Created in the style of a once-forgotten family haven, the garden design includes a child’s playhouse from Dorset-based master hutmaker, Plankbridge, which has been lovingly entwined
- The Landscape Institute has today announced the shortlist for its annual awards celebrating the best work of the landscape professions. This year’s awards have received the greatest number of submissions since the awards became annual in 2006.
The winners will be announced on 24th November and highlights of the shortlist are as follows.
The Paul Hogarth Company for The Wild Atlantic Way, Ireland’s first long distance driving route, developed to present the dramatic landscapes
- Outdoor exercise delivers an estimated £2.2bn of health benefits to adults in England each year, a study suggests.
Scientists calculated that more than eight million people each week took at least 30 minutes of “green exercise”.
They hope the results highlight how encouraging more people to use parks will help reverse the trend of rising obesity levels across the UK.
The findings have been presented in the journal Preventative Medicine.
“What we look at here is something
- The government’s ambition is for England to be a great place to live, with a healthy natural environment on land and at sea that benefits people and the economy. This strategy sets out Natural England’s thinking about what we need to do differently and how we need to work with others, to better deliver this shared ambition.The strategy’s 3 guiding principles are to:create resilient landscapes and seasput people at the heart of the environmentgrow natural capital
- Makita is providing support for an innovative apprenticeship scheme that will provide a comprehensive grounding in rural maintenance techniques to six young people in the Lake District.
Organised by the Rusland Valley and Fells Landscape Partnership, and funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, the three year apprenticeship is designed to develop vital practical skills and the knowledge required for a career in the rural sector. With additional support from Makita UK, Electricity North West and loc
- BALI has announced that it will be launching its new education and skills initiative, GoLandscape, this November at, FutureScape 2016.
GoLandscape aims to combat the ever increasing skills shortage prevalent within the landscaping industry in the UK by linking students from schools and colleges directly with BALI Registered Contractors, Designers, Affiliates and Training Provider members that have all identified specific vacancies that require specialist skills and relevant qualifications
- Crocus is now building James Basson's show garden for event sponsor M&G at Chelsea Flower Show 2017.
- Powered by a 2.2 litre Euro 6 turbo-diesel engine, the new Musso pick-up delivers huge value.
Designed to appeal to those who need a competitively priced work truck, the practicality of 4-wheel drive, the towing capability to haul up to 3 tonnes yet also the appointments of a family car, it’s ideal for towing a work trailer, boat trailer or horse box.
The new Musso goes on sale in the UK this month, and will feature a newly developed Euro 6 turbo-diesel engine to meet the demand for a mor
- Long Rake Spar are suppliers of White Marine and Pink Rock Salt which is used for De-icing footpaths, drives or communal areas.
White Marine Salt provides a cleaner solution for retail areas, municipal buildings and office car parks as it leaves little or no residue after use, thereby avoiding the product transferring or migrating into internal areas.
Pink Rock Salt also provides excellent de-icing qualities and offers a more cost efficient alternative whilst being more suited to the domestic m
- It’s been exciting times at Harrowden Turf with the creation of the UK’s largest turf grower. The Harrowden Group’s interest in turf started with the acquisition of Norfolk based Q Lawns in 2007 followed by Lancashire based Turfland in 2010, Edinburgh based Stewartsturf in 2012 and Cambridgeshire based Spearhead Turf in December 2015. The creation of this turf industry powerhouse has been engineered by Stuart and Chantall Ridd-Jones earlier this year through the merger of thes
- See the Mablethorpe to Humber Bridge page for more information about the work being carried out on this stretch of coast.
Map: England Coast Path: plan of the Bamburgh to the Scottish Border (including Holy Island) stretchSee the Bamburgh to the Scottish Border (including Holy Island) page for more information about the work being carried out on this stretch of coast.
- See the Amble to Bamburgh page for more information about the work being carried out on this stretch of coast.
- The largest-ever programme of education at a turf industry event in Europe has today been unveiled by BIGGA.
Continue to Learn at BTME 2017 will feature more than 250 hours of education with guest speakers such as Neil Cleverly, Superintendent of the Olympic Golf Course in Rio, and the Course Managers and Superintendents responsible for hosting the last four Ryder Cups.
An integral part of the UK’s largest festival of turf management, Continue to Learn encompasses events for Course Manage
- A Bolton garden has won a prestigious accolade thanks to its luscious lawn, that rivals any premiership pitch!
Keith Chuck, with the help of Danny Hibbert, has been announced as the winner of Britain’s Best Lawn 2016, a competition ran by the world’s largest petrol engine manufacturer for garden equipment, Briggs & Stratton. Britain’s Best Lawn is now in its 12th year and Mr Chuck joins an elite collection of passionate lawnowners across the country who have received the a
Follow @LandscaperUK_ on Twitter!