- Britain’s last EU commissioner suggests this could form part of talks with EU27 after bloc agreed tough negotiating guidelinesBritain’s most senior EU official has warned that a post-Brexit Britain would have to recognise the rulings of the European court of justice if it wished to maintain the current level of cooperation in countering terrorism and organised crime.Sir Julian King, the European commissioner responsible for security, said the UK’s security services had become i
- Karen Oliveto elected in 2016 to lead Denver-area church regionTop church court says consecration in violation of Methodist lawThe first openly lesbian bishop in the United Methodist Church can stay on the job but is subject to a disciplinary review that could lead to her removal, the church’s top court ruled on Friday.Related: United Methodist church elects first openly gay bishop despite marriage banContinue reading...
- Blackman speaks following release from prison after serving half of seven-year term for manslaughter of wounded Taliban fighterAlexander Blackman, the Royal Marine sergeant convicted of killing a wounded Taliban fighter, has been enjoying his first hours of freedom but has made it clear he understands his sentence is not complete and has promised to fulfil the conditions of his early release.Blackman was freed from prison after serving half of his seven-year term imposed for manslaughter and was
- Around 350 patients who underwent treatment privately take civil action against Ian Paterson, who carried out needless breast operationsHundreds of private patients of a surgeon convicted of carrying out needless breast operations are seeking compensation after nearly £18m worth of claims were made against the NHS.Ian Paterson, 59, was convicted on Friday of 17 counts of wounding with intent and three counts of unlawful wounding against 10 patients, upon whom he conducted “extensive,
- Derry McCann subjected woman to two-hour ordeal in east London park while on parole for similar crime A bridegroom who raped a stranger hours before his wedding after being released on parole for a similar crime was sentenced to life imprisonment on Friday and must serve a minimum of nine years.Derry McCann, 28, raped a 24-year-old woman as she walked back from an art show hours before he married his pregnant girlfriend in January.Continue reading...
- Members of human rights body’s parliamentary assembly pass vote of no confidence in Spaniard Pedro AgramuntThe leader of the parliamentary assembly in Europe’s oldest human rights body has been stripped of his powers after being accused of tarnishing his office by meeting the Syrian president, Bashar al-Assad.In a move unprecedented in the 68-year history of the parliamentary assembly of the Council of Europe (Pace), senior MPs passed a vote of no confidence in the president, Pedro A
- Antidotes to these dangerous, destructive synthetic drugs are desperately needed. But the government is standing in the way of their developmentLast year I wrote to the health and home secretaries with suggestions on how antidotes for spice could be developed. Their replies revealed a complete lack of appreciation of the magnitude of the synthetic cannabinoid problem and lack of interest in the idea of an antidote.Spice-induced “zombie” outbreaks in New York and in Manchester have hi
Why YOUNG JUSTICE Season 1 is Far Superior to Season 2
I can't claim to have been a champion of Young Justice since the beginning. In fact, I've only just binge-watched the extant 46 episodes within the last year after years of people telling me I, as a huge DC Comics fan, needed to watch it. And they were ...
- Fox News
African dictator's trial opens path to justice elsewhere
DAKAR, Senegal – Souleymane Guengueng was barely able to walk or see when the prison doors swung open and he and hundreds of others were released in Chad in 1990 after dictator Hissene Habre fled. He then began collecting accounts of torture.and more »
'We wanted justice': Teen who lost his case against football club defends parents for taking legal action - Irish IndependentIrish Independent
'We wanted justice': Teen who lost his case against football club defends parents for taking legal action
Sean Cooke at Cork District Court with his parents Declan and Sharon Cooke. Photo: 2 Sean Cooke at Cork District Court with his parents Declan and Sharon Cooke. Photo: Daragh Mc Sweeney/Cork Courts Limited. Kathy Armstrong. April 28 2017 8:00 AM.and more »
Friends want justice for Seth Collier
SYRACUSE, NY - The Syracuse Mayor's office released a statement late Thursday afternoon, stating 37-year-old Ted Ackerman has been fired from the Syracuse Fire Department, effective immediately. This is the news Seth Collier's loved ones say they were ...and more »
- Li, once told that China considered him ‘more dangerous than Bin Laden’, sentenced in secret trial to three years in prison with a four-year reprieveA respected Christian human rights lawyer has been convicted of “subversion of state power” at a secret trial in China, almost two years after he was first detained in a sweeping crackdown.Li Heping was sentenced to three years in prison with a four-year reprieve, the court in the eastern city of Tianjin said on an official s
- ABS-CBN News
10 years after, justice for Jonas Burgos still nowhere in sight
Family and friends of missing farmer-activist Jonas Burgos on Friday held a protest outside Camp Aguinaldo to call for justice and accountability for his disappearance. "Ten years after the incident and we continue to seek justice and to call for the ...
Justice SN Dhingra panel report on Robert Vadra's 'shady' land deals leaked: The story so far - FirstpostFirstpost
Justice SN Dhingra panel report on Robert Vadra's 'shady' land deals leaked: The story so far
On Thursday, the Justice SN Dhingra Commission concluded that businessman, son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi and brother-in-law of party vice-president Rahul Gandhi, Robert Vadra made illegal profits of Rs 50.5 crore from a land deal in ...and more »
Pro-BDS Students Sue Fordham University Over Rejection of Students for Justice in Palestine - The Jewish Press - JewishPress.comThe Jewish Press - JewishPress.com
Pro-BDS Students Sue Fordham University Over Rejection of Students for Justice in Palestine
The Jewish Press - JewishPress.com
Home page of the Students for Justice in Palestine of New York City on Jan. 28 2017. A lawsuit was filed this week against New York's Fordham University by students acting as a proxy for the international Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP ...and more »
- Justice signs opioid education bill
MARTINSBURG — Local boards of education will be required to provide state mandated opioid abuse education in the classrooms now that Gov. Jim Justice has signed it onto law. Justice signed House Bill 2195 on Wednesday, which will require local ...and more »
- Trinidad & Tobago Express
Ramdeen: Chief Justice and entire JLSC must resign too
Trinidad & Tobago Express
The entire Judicial and Legal Service Commission (JLSC), including the Chief Justice, Ivor Archie, is responsible for the resignation of High Court judge Marcia Ayers- Caesar and must resign as well. That is the view of United National Congress (UNC) ...and more »
- BBC News
Justice committee backs Scots railway policing merger
Holyrood's justice committee has backed the general principles of a bill to integrate railway policing north of the border into Police Scotland. The Scottish government wants the national force to take over the role of the British Transport Police (BTP).
Scottish Parliament Justice Committee back integration of transport police into Police ScotlandHolyrood.comall 6 news articles »
- Daily Mail
Justice for Marine A ...and a joyful reunion
At long last! More than three years after he was convicted of murder for killing a mortally wounded Taliban insurgent, Sergeant Alexander Blackman will finally be freed from prison today and reunited with his wife Claire. After so many false dawns and ...and more »
JUSTICE LEAGUE Funko Pops! Include Superman
Warner Brothers and DC Comics long awaited Justice League movie is due to hit in just over six months, and while we are all hoping it will be a less somber, broody affair than Batman v Superman, one thing is for sure: the forthcoming Justice League ...
Funko Debuts Justice League Pop! Vinyl LineCBR (blog)
Justice League: Full Funko Pop! Lineup RevealedScreen Rant
Classic Wonder Woman Easter Egg Spotted In Justice League TrailerComicboo
- Washington Examiner
Justice Ginsburg laments confirmation battle to confirm Gorsuch
"I wish there was a way that we could wave a magic wand and get back to the way it was and the way it should be." (AP Photo/Marcio Jose Sanchez). Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg lamented the bitter fight over Justice Neil Gorsuch's nomination to the ...
Invigorated Justice Ginsburg Says 'I Love My Job'Law.com (subscription)all 6 news articles »
Luke Cage, Justice League, Wonder Woman, Indiana Jones - The Previous Development Hells - Bleeding Cool NewsBleeding Cool News
Luke Cage, Justice League, Wonder Woman, Indiana Jones - The Previous Development Hells
Bleeding Cool News
After yesterday's interview with Adam Marcus and Curtis Fortier about this weekends Development Hell performance of Sam Hamm's 1989 Watchmen script was posted, I noticed in the comments that someone was asking if these were recorded. They are and ...
- Washington Times
Jeff Sessions lays Justice foundation in difficult 100 days
Under Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the Justice Department has worked arm in arm with the Department of Homeland Security to cover the most ground when it comes to implementing the Trump administration's priorities. (Associated Press/File) more >.and more »
- The Globe and Mail
Justice ministers across Canada meet to tackle court delays
The Globe and Mail
Long-standing rules of criminal justice will be on the table when federal Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould sits down with her provincial counterparts in Gatineau, Que., on Friday to discuss solutions to backlogged courts and serious criminal ...
- Court rules that immediate publication is essential and rejects Defra’s plea to delay until after the general electionThe government has been ordered to publish tough new plans to tackle air pollution after the high court rejected attempts by ministers to keep the policy under wraps until after the general election.In the latest defeat for ministers over their continued failure to tackle the UK’s air pollution crisis, which is believed to be responsible for 40,000 premature deaths a
This Old Clip of Victoria Justice and Ariana Grande Getting Petty Is Now a Hilarious Meme - Cosmopolitan.comCosmopolitan.com
This Old Clip of Victoria Justice and Ariana Grande Getting Petty Is Now a Hilarious Meme
In case you've forgotten, actress Victoria Justice and pop superstar Ariana Grande both used to be on a popular Nickelodeon show called Victorious. After the show ended in 2013, Ariana told Seventeen that she had felt "bullied" by one of her co-stars ...
The Internet Is Memeing Victoria Justice's “Petty” Comment About Ariana GrandeTeenVogue.com
- Court rules immediate publication is essential and rejects a plea by government to delay until after the electionThe government has been ordered to publish its plans to tackle air pollution by 9 May after a judge rejected a plea by ministers to delay until after the general election.Mr Justice Garnham, ruling against the government, also told ministers to stick to his original deadline of 31 July to publish the final policy on tackling the air quality crisis – the same date specified in hi
- Leigh Day denies attempting to mislead al-Sweady inquiry into alleged British military abuse by not recognising significance of Iraqi documentA UK law firm acting for Iraqis who alleged they were mistreated by the British military did not attempt to mislead a public inquiry into the affair, a professional misconduct hearing has been told.Patricia Robertson QC, defending Leigh Day, said the law firm’s failure to recognise the significance of an Iraqi document that identified its clients as
- Briton, whose murder conviction for killing injured Taliban fighter was overturned, to be freed in early hours, Guardian learnsAlexander Blackman, the Royal Marine sergeant jailed for killing a wounded Taliban fighter, is to be released in the early hours of Friday, the Guardian can reveal.It is understood Blackman will be whisked out of Erlestoke prison in Wiltshire by police to avoid a media scrum and be reunited with his wife, Claire, at a secret location.Continue reading...
- Latest Ministry of Justice data for England and Wales shows 38% rise in assaults on staff and 24% rise in self-harm incidents The scale of the prison crisis in England and Wales is revealed by the latest annual figures showing a 38% rise in assaults on staff and a 24% rise in self-harm incidents in the past year to record levels.The latest Ministry of Justice safety in custody statistics also show that there were 113 self-inflicted deaths in the 12 months to this March – an increase of 11
- CBI (press release)
Supreme Court justice confirmed by the senate
CBI (press release)
For just over a year, the United States Supreme Court has had one empty seat. This month, President Trump's nominee for the vacancy was confirmed by the Senate and sworn in as an Associate Justice. Image of Supreme Court justice confirmed by the ...
Cell Phones, Driving Directions and a Dressing Down from Justice Kennedy: SCOTUS Wraps Up OT 2016 Oral ...Bloomberg BNAall 39 news articles »
Antitrust: Commission welcomes Court of Justice ruling on South European bananas cartel appeal - EU NewsAntitrust: Commission welcomes Court of Justice ruling on South European bananas cartel appeal
The European Commission welcomes today's Court of Justice ruling confirming that in proving a cartel the Commission can rely on and use as evidence documents that were legally transmitted to the Commission by national authorities other than competition ...
- Human rights group says use of trial-waiver procedures has increased by 300% worldwide since 1990 The adoption of US-style plea bargaining has reached “epidemic proportions” as more and more countries persuade defendants to plead guilty and renounce traditional trial rights, a survey of international justice systems warns. The study of 90 countries by the human rights organisation Fair Trials reveals that use of such procedures has increased by 300% since 1990, boosting, it is allege
- Belfast Telegraph
Libya-backed terror justice fight to go on, vows Lord Empey
Ulster Unionist Peer Lord Empey has said there will be no giving up in the fight for justice for victims of Libyan-sponsored terrorism. Lord Empey was speaking after he was forced to abandon his amendment to the Criminal Finances Bill, because of ...and more »
- Daily Mail
Victoria Justice sizzles in a slinky silver dress in LA
And Victoria Justice took her famous figure for a walk along the red carpet on Wednesday night at the Harper's Bazaar party in Los Angeles. The 24-year-old wore a stunning silver dress that showed off her long legs and creamy skin. Sizzling: Victoria ...and more »
Gov. Justice discusses budget issues at Bridges Without Boundaries - The Exponent Telegram (press release) (registration)The Exponent Telegram (press release) (registration)
Gov. Justice discusses budget issues at Bridges Without Boundaries
The Exponent Telegram (press release) (registration)
Gov. Jim Justice gets a standing ovation as he arrives at the podium for his keynote speech during Tuesday's Bridges Without Boundaries Business Summit at the Robert H. Mollohan Research Center in Fairmont. Justice starts his speech. John Mark Shaver ...
Gov. Justice, legislative leaders still divided on budgetWilliamso
- Using procedures to persuade defendants to plead guilty has reached ‘epidemic proportions’ and increases risk of miscarriage of justice, says Fair TrialsThe adoption of US-style plea bargaining has reached “epidemic proportions” as more and more countries persuade defendants to plead guilty and renounce traditional trial rights, a survey of international justice systems warns. The study of 90 countries by the human rights organisation Fair Trials reveals that use of such
US chief justice alarmed at Trump administration immigration case stance
FILE PHOTO: U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts speaks at the dedication of the Smithsonian's National Museum of African American History and Culture in Washington, U.S., September 24, 2016. REUTERS/Joshua Roberts/File Photo. 1/2. left.
'Oh, come on': Supreme Court justices incredulous at Justice Department immigration argumentDaily Kos
No. 16-309 v. - Supreme CourtSupreme Court
Maslenjak v. Unite
- The Register
European Court of Justice lays down the law on Kodipocalypse
Europe's highest court has made it easier for member states to halt the sale of media sticks with preloaded pirate streaming links and add-ons. The past few months have seen significant growth in pre-configured streaming boxes or USB sticks. These use ...and more »
- Yet another executive order by the US president was blocked by the courts, in part because of his own words. His tweets are a political doomsday deviceWelcome to the age of presidential sabotage. Since assuming office, President Donald J Trump has shown little inclination to “take care that the laws be faithfully executed”, as commanded by the US constitution. Instead, he has openly declared his intention to wreak havoc in key programs.He has appointed officials known to be sworn ene
- A response to advances in neurotechnology that can read or alter brain activity, new human rights would protect people from theft, abuse and hackingNew human rights that would protect people from having their thoughts and other brain information stolen, abused or hacked have been proposed by researchers.The move is a response to the rapid advances being made with technologies that read or alter brain activity and which many expect to bring enormous benefits to people’s lives in the coming
'Re-Imagine Justice' exhibit shows history of LA riots
Twenty-five years after the Los Angeles riots, an exhibit at the Community Coalition in South L.A. takes visitors back to the time of civil unrest and the history behind what started it all. "It's called 'Re-Imagine Justice.' It's an exhibit that we ...and more »
'Justice failed Logan': Mom of child who died in foster care 'sickened' by convict's release - WCSH-TVWCSH-TV
'Justice failed Logan': Mom of child who died in foster care 'sickened' by convict's release
PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The mother of a child killed 16 years ago says justice has failed her daughter. Christy Darling says she is sickened knowing that Sally Schofield, who was convicted of manslaughter in 2002 in connection with the death ...and more »
Trump lets liberal Justice Department lawyers continue war on Little Sisters of the Poor - Washington ExaminerTrump lets liberal Justice Department lawyers continue war on Little Sisters of the Poor
The nuns argued that HHS's accommodation (in effect requiring the nuns command their insurer to cover all contraception) still violated a law. (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin). Nearly 100 days into the Trump administration, the official position of the ...and more »
- Letters: DAs not opposed to justice reform
A story published online and in your newspaper last week mentioned that I am opposed to the bipartisan effort to reform Louisiana's criminal justice system. Neither I nor the Louisiana District Attorneys Association is opposed to improving the criminal ...and more »
- CommonWealth magazine
Legislators call for broader criminal justice reform
LAWMAKERS GATHERED OUTSIDE the House chamber Tuesday to declare their commitment to wide-ranging criminal justice reforms, further evidence of a push on Beacon Hill for changes that go beyond a consensus bill rolled out by Gov. Charlie Baker in ...and more »
A veteran prosecutor takes over No. 2 job at Justice Department â€” and the Russia investigation - Los Angeles TimesLos Angeles Times
A veteran prosecutor takes over No. 2 job at Justice Department — and the Russia investigation
Los Angeles Times
The Senate voted overwhelmingly Tuesday to confirm Rod J. Rosenstein as the No. 2 official at the Justice Department, a post that puts the veteran prosecutor in charge of the investigation into whether current or former aides to President Trump ...
Rod Rosenstein Wins Senate Nod for Justice Department Post, Will Oversee Russia ProbeWall Street Journal (subscri
- Grand Forks Herald
North Dakota Supreme Court Justice Kapsner to Retire
U.S. News & World Report
North Dakota Supreme Court Justice Carol Ronning Kapsner says she will retire at the end of July after more than 18 years on the bench. | April 25, 2017, at 6:00 p.m.. MORE. LinkedIn · StumbleUpon · Google +; Cancel. North Dakota Supreme Court Justice ...
Supreme Court Justice Carol Kapsner to resign in JulyBismarck Tribune
ND Supreme Court justice announces resignationGrand F
- Charleston Gazette-Mail (subscription)
Justice, legislative leaders still divided on W.Va. budget
Thanks for visiting HeraldMailMedia.com. You're entitled to limited access of articles every 30 days. If you enjoy our site and want full access, we ask you to purchase an affordable subscription. MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — Nearly two weeks after West ...
Supporters hopeful WV Gov. Justice will sign broadband billCharleston Gazette-Mail (subscription)
Gov. Justice, Legislative Lead
Massachusetts lawmakers push for comprehensive criminal justice reform
State Rep. Byron Rushing, D-Boston, speaks at a press conference related to criminal justice reform on April 25, 2017. (SHIRA SCHOENBERG / THE REPUBLICAN). Print Email · Shira Schoenberg | email@example.com By Shira Schoenberg ...
Follow @Justice_News_UK on Twitter!