New data from CV-Library reveals salary growth in some of the UK’s key regions, cities and sectors Posted inNews archiveon23 Jan 2017
Company ProfileCV-Library.co.ukView profile »According to the latest quarterly Job Market Report from the UK’s leading independent job site, CV-Library, key UK regions and industries witnessed standout rises in salaries in Q4 2016, when comparing year-on-year data.
The report, which looked at fluctuations in jobs, applications and pay throughout
- The Post-Brexit boom? New figures from Jobrapido show that the UK has reported a year-on-year growth of 2.28% of job postings in the manufacturing sector in 2016Posted inNews archiveon23 Jan 2017
Company ProfileJobrapidoView profile » New data from Jobrapido , the world’s leading job search engine, shows that there has been a 2.28% increase in job postings pertaining to the UK manufacturing sector throughout 2016 The figures show a significant amount of growth in the sector, despite
- British start-up reveals milestones as it raises over £2.2m since launchPosted inNews archiveon23 Jan 2017
Debut, the app that is revolutionising the student recruitment market, has today announced the closing of a £1.7m round of seed funding, taking the total capital raised to over £2.2m in the last 18 months. The London start-up, founded by Charlie Taylor, one of the Forbes 30 Under 30 In Technology, has seen massive growth in its first year. It now works with 40 of the Times
- Jo Sellick, Managing Director, Sellick PartnershipPosted inNews archiveon23 Jan 2017
Theresa May has finally delivered her plans for Brexit in a speech that has already been hailed the most important of her premiership to date. The announcement is the first time we are hearing of the planned approach to leaving the EU, billed as a ‘hard’ or ‘clean’ Brexit. May confirmed that the UK will leave the European Union and subsequently the single market. In the speech she outline
- XpertHR publishes practical advice and guidancePosted inNews archiveon23 Jan 2017
XpertHR has made significant changes to its guidelines for companies on ‘How to measure and reporting a gender pay gap’, following the publication of the final draft gender pay gap reporting Regulations in December 2016.
XpertHR’s essential online guide will help companies prepare for the new gender pay gap reporting legislation that comes into force this spring, which requires firms with 250 or m
- Symphony Technology Group companies come together to leverage combined strengths of world-class staffing software and award-winning technological innovationPosted inPartnershipson20 Jan 2017
Company ProfileBond International SoftwareView profile »Bond International Software, worldwide provider of staffing and recruitment software solutions, and TempBuddy, the multi-award winning contingent workforce software innovator, come together under common leadership.
Both organisations were selected
- New research by Course Library finds that the majority of UK workers have applied for jobs they aren’t qualified for, but are willing to invest in their employability.Posted inNews archiveon20 Jan 2017
Company ProfileCV-Library.co.ukView profile »Over 60% of UK workers have applied for jobs that they aren’t qualified for, according to new research from Course Library, an innovative training platform recently launched in partnership between leading independent job site, CV-Libra
Mark Bull, CEO of Randstad UK & Middle East to speak at Apprenticeship Levy and Public Sector IR35 conference 9th February 2017, London2017 sees the introduction of some of the most radical changes to affect the recruitment and contracting sector in recent years.Posted inNews archiveon20 Jan 2017
Company ProfileThe Association of Recruitment Consultancies - ARCView profile »As a result, the Association of Recruitment Consultancies (ARC), the professional trade association representing recruitment consultancies across all sectors, is hosting a full day conference in London on 9th February, bringing together keynote speaker
- Due to continued rapid business growth – and after a recent management buyout led by CEO Andrew Preston and his senior management team – neutral vendor recruitment outsourcing specialist de Poel has made a duo of key appointments.Posted inAppointmentson20 Jan 2017
Welcoming James Parker and Tim Flanagan to the group, their appointments will see them assume responsibility for leading business development, and strategy and commercial respectively, bringing with them a wealth of experti
- New Year, new job is a mantra that many employees follow in January, with more than half of the UK workforce looking for a new job in 2017 according to research by Investors in People.Posted inNews archiveon20 Jan 2017
The good news is that SME owners are looking to capitalise too. According to new research from Opus Energy, 15 per cent of SME owners are expecting to increase their head count by up to 10 per cent this year, with another 10 per cent of respondents looking to grow their staff head
- The Office for National Statistics (ONS) reported that wage levels, excluding bonuses, rose by an annual rate of 2.7 per cent in the three months to November - the strongest increase since August 2015.
- John Salt, Group Sales and Marketing Director at Totaljobs GroupPosted inOpinionon19 Jan 2017
Company ProfileTotaljobsView profile »“It’s great to see to unemployment continue to fall, with the job market finishing strongly in what was a turbulent year in many ways.
“Our most recent Totaljobs Employment Index also reflected the strength of the job market, with applications up 11% in the last three months of 2016 compared to the three months’ prior (July, August and
GetMyFirstJob partners with National Citizen Service to boost young peopleâ€™s social and professional skillsToday, the leading apprenticeship matching service and social enterprise, GetMyFirstJob, has announced a new partnership with National Citizen Service (NCS) to help improve the social and professional skills of young people in the UK.Posted inNews archiveon19 Jan 2017
The partnership will provide NCS graduates with access to the many apprenticeship opportunities GetMyFirstJob offers on its site. GetMyFirstJob will also be tracking apprenticeship applicants who are NCS graduates into successful a
- Complicated application forms and arduous recruitment processes are deterring teachers from applying for jobs according to 3,000 teachers surveyed as part of new research published today.Posted inNews archiveon19 Jan 2017
Company ProfileEteachView profile »A radical overhaul to the teaching recruitment processes employed by most schools is needed if we are to stem the flow of teachers leaving the profession, reports Eteach, the UK’s leading education recruitment providers. They found
- Responding to today’s speech by Theresa May, which outlined the government’s objectives when negotiating the UK’s relationship with the EU, Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) Chief Executive Kevin Green says:Posted inNews archiveon19 Jan 2017
Company ProfileRECView profile »“Today’s speech by the Prime Minister will be cold comfort to UK employers. The government’s plan risks putting the jobs market in reverse by leaving the single market a
- The UK gender pay gap is currently at its lowest level ever, the Government reports it is committed to ensuring the gap is eliminated within a generation.Posted inNews archiveon19 Jan 2017
Company ProfileRecruitiveView profile »December last year marked the average pay gap at 19.2%, highlighting how slowly the gap is being closed. Last year’s Equal Pay Day was on 9 November, signifying the glacial pace of difference from 19.3% in 2015 to 18.1% in 2016.
Whilst this is encouraging, Rec
- HotLizard are excited to see long standing client Maxxima Group refresh their brand and that they are using our RecruiterSites platform to showcase their brand re-launch. Posted inNews archiveon18 Jan 2017
Company ProfileHotLizardView profile »RecruiterSites allows clients increased flexibility to achieve branding requirements, which was imperative to ensure that their new website was in keeping with their new corporate guidelines. The increased flexibility in design for the RecruiterSites
- People have always questioned whether money can buy happiness. But does the rise or fall of your paycheck change the workplace factors that are most important to you?Posted inNews archiveon18 Jan 2017
Company ProfileGlassdoorView profile »From past research, we know that money and happiness are linked. A famous study from Princeton University researchers showed higher income increases happiness, but only up to about $75,000 per year.(1) Beyond that, higher pay doesn’t change hap
- On 6th January, representatives of the Association of Recruitment Consultancies (ARC) attended a meeting with HMRC officials to discuss the proposed new public sector IR35 rules and to comment on the latest version of HMRC’s planned new online tool.Posted inNews archiveon18 Jan 2017
Company ProfileThe Association of Recruitment Consultancies - ARCView profile »“The meeting, which was attended by a number of large agencies and some public sector representatives, provided a usefu
- Pure has launched a new website to provide an updated platform for both clients and candidates to interact with the professional recruitment specialists for the East of England.Posted inNews archiveon18 Jan 2017
Established in 2002, with offices in Cambridge, Norwich, Ipswich and Chelmsford, Pure has become established leaders and trusted advisors in the Accountancy, Executive, Financial Services, HR, IT, Marketing and Office markets. The new website has been designed to further enhance the serv
- Leading graduate careers expert Prospects has launched a programme of events for recruiters and media agencies running throughout 2017.Posted inNews archiveon18 Jan 2017
Company ProfileProspectsView profile »At the forefront of graduate labour market research for more than 40 years, Prospects unrivalled insight into what graduates do, where they go and what their motivations are will be the focus of a free Breakfast Seminar programme running quarterly throughout 2017.
The first Prospects B
- Today’s speech by Theresa May was welcomed by businesses who are seeking clarity on the long term plans for Brexit. Posted inNews archiveon18 Jan 2017
Whilst certainty was provided on certain areas, such as whether the UK will remain a member of the single market, other areas remain deliberately vague as the final position is unknown due to the need to negotiate with the European Union (EU).
For many employers, the Prime Minister’s confirmation that immigration will be controlled dom
- New research out today reveals the job sectors where demand for EU workers to fulfill UK jobs is highest are seeing the largest immediate dip in interest, following the leave votePosted inNews archiveon18 Jan 2017
New research out today reveals the job sectors where demand for EU workers to fulfill UK jobs is highest are seeing the largest immediate dip in interest, following the leave vote. The digital research looked at volumes of online searches within different sectors and countries, and the
- If you're looking to expand your workforce and hire a professional to fill a position, you'll not only want to find someone fast to get the job done, but you'll want to make sure you're attracting and ultimately finding the absolute best person for the jobPosted inNews archiveon18 Jan 2017
Follow these steps to put together a first-rate job posting that'll get the most qualified people submitting their applications. Don't just describe the job – write an ad for it
A job description is simp
- Posted inNews archiveEploy, a leading provider of recruitment software, proudly announce today that it is growing its headcount to meet the increasing demand for its cloud-based Applicant Tracking System & Recruitment CRM software.on18 Jan 2017
Company ProfileeployView profile »In 2016 Eploy were awarded a record number of new contracts from major in-house recruitment teams and agencies. In order to support its growing market share, Eploy has concluded a successful round of recruitment
- Maximising profitability to avoid servicing debtPosted inNews archiveon18 Jan 2017
Company ProfileServiced CloudView profile »The Great Recession, which resulted from the credit crunch, holds many lessons. For businesses, a major one is that loans for capital investment may expose companies to significant risk, especially when order books get thin because of a systemic finance industry and economic problems which fuel uncertainty.
Learning from the lesson, perhaps the best policy is to avo
- RateMyApprenticeship.co.uk has launched its highly coveted Top 70 School Leaver Employers Table for 2017, helping young people understand their career choices and make informed decisions about their future.Posted inNews archiveon18 Jan 2017
This year’s table is based on over 3,300 peer-to-peer written reviews from young people. The reviews incorporate ratings from a variety of schemes, including apprenticeships, degree apprenticeships, traineeships, gap year programmes and work experience
- Lee Biggins, founder and managing director of CV-Library, comments:Posted inOpinionon18 Jan 2017
Company ProfileCV-Library.co.ukView profile »“Society is continuing to change, especially with the introduction of shared parental leave a few years back, which could explain why more men are looking for lower-paid, part-time positions, in order to maintain an income, while supporting with childcare. Furthermore, it is no longer uncommon for employees to have over ten different jobs in th
- via Webrecruit UKWith a huge range of software available on the market, choosing an applicant tracking system can be tough.
The process of getting internal buy-in, researching potential systems and selecting your supplier can take months. That’s why it’s important that you make the right decision for your business.
But what happens if you start to doubt your choice when you begin using your new ATS?
Firstly, don’t panic; all new systems can take a while to get used to and you need to allow for
- The UK has been ranked third in the world for talent competiveness, according to a new global report measuring countries’ ability to attract, retain and grow talent.Posted inNews archiveon17 Jan 2017The UK has been ranked as third best country in the world for the ability to attract, retain, train and educate skilled workers, according to the Global Talent Competitiveness Index Index also shows UK to be well-equipped to deal with changes – and opportunities – brought by technol
- Posted inAppointmentsCVWOW are delighted to announce the appointment of their new CEO, Mike Wall, who joined the company on 9th January 2017.on17 Jan 2017
Company ProfileCVWOWView profile »Mike joins the business with an abundance of experience gained from some big names in the recruitment industry, including Jobsite, Oilcareers, Broadbean, and Jobrapido and will be leveraging his expertise across the recruitment value chain to develop the CVWOW brand further. His position at Jobsite
- The world’s eight richest billionaires control the same wealth between them as the poorest half of the globe’s population, according to a charity warning of an ever-increasing and dangerous concentration of wealth.
- Camino Partners, the back office to boardroom specialists, have embarked on an expansion programme.Posted inNews archiveon17 Jan 2017
Whilst the main focus for the business will remain the recruitment sector, they have recently established a corresponding management consultancies division, which places a full range of support functions into practices of all sizes. In addition to this, they have also set up a third division, which is currently placing finance professionals into marketing se
- Global recruitment company announces three senior promotionsPosted inAppointmentson17 Jan 2017
Spencer Ogden, the leading global energy, engineering and infrastructure recruitment specialist, today announced the appointment of a new CEO and two Director positions.
Spencer Ogden has promoted Bradley Lewington to CEO, having previously held the position of Sales Director for both APAC and EMEA. Lewington who first joined Spencer Ogden in 2012 has demonstrated strong expertise in launching n
- Recruiters and HR practitioners can significantly enhance the way they recruit and manage talent, and improve the candidate experience, by integrating their recruitment, HR and talent systems and allowing data to flow between them, claims assessment specialist cut-e. Posted inNews archiveon16 Jan 2017
Company Profilecut-eView profile »The benefits of connecting systems such as an Applicant Tracking System and a video interviewing system - so that decision-relevant information about candida
- …And bad bosses have a huge impact on thisPosted inNews archiveon16 Jan 2017
Company ProfileCV-Library.co.ukView profile »Feeling down about your job this Blue Monday? New research suggests that you’re not alone, as the majority of UK workers (84.4%) are currently looking for a new role. The news comes from CV-Library, the UK’s leading independent job board, which also revealed that over a third of workers (35.8%) dislike their current job.
The study, which explored the
- Posted inNews archiveInternational manpower company Orion Group is set to boost Scotland’s economic output with the availability of 40 renewables project roles in the central belt and across Scotland.on16 Jan 2017
Job requirements with a major infrastructure services and engineering group mean Orion has the opportunity to recruit for permanent welders and platers positions. Experienced personnel are needed for fast growing renewables and energy projects.
Gary Scott, Orion Group’s reg
- Whilst the large majority (81%) of small to medium businesses (SMBs) believe they aren't affected by the January blues, two-thirds (67%) of employees are currently fed up at work and lack motivation, according to new research by payroll & HR provider Moorepay.Posted inNews archiveon16 Jan 2017
Company ProfileMoorepayView profile » Two-thirds of employees are currently fed up at work 46% are likely to look for a new job in the next three months 81% of SMBs believe their staff aren
- UK companies are growing increasingly confident about their ability to find and recruit their staff - that’s according to the findings of a newly published Business Census 2017 report.Posted inNews archiveon16 Jan 2017Challenge downgraded from 24% in 2015 to 9% for the year ahead 54% of businesses expect to hire new staff in 2017 18% of firms said recruitment was their biggest challenge last year
UK companies are growing increasingly confident about their ability to find and recruit their
- Posted inNews archiveFor years, recruiters have used job boards to find talent. The problem with that approach is the sifting through hundreds and thousands of applicantson16 Jan 2017
You waste all that time and your resources only to end up with low-quality applicants. Using agencies are expensive. Engaging employees to refer their friends and loved ones is a challenge. Did you know social media is a powerful new medium to recruit these days? Social recruiting is the solution to all these probl
- Posted inNews archiveIt has been a good year for Leadership Management International (LMI) UK, one of the leading people development organisations, with sales of its programmes in 2016 up 29% over the previous year.on16 Jan 2017
The business, which helps business owners and managers become better, more effective leaders, also recruited 6 new franchise owners throughout the year as confidence grew across the UK business sector following June’s Brexit referendum.
LMI-UK Franchise Director Ra
- Recognising that Blue Monday is set to be a struggle for both employers and employees alike, industry leaders have come together to give their thoughts on how organisations can help their teams beat the blues.
- …Design, tourism and catering are some of the top sectors for work this New YearPosted inNews archiveon13 Jan 2017
Company ProfileCV-Library.co.ukView profile »New data from the UK’s leading independent job site, CV-Library, has found that the design, leisure and tourism and catering industries are some of the top sectors to find a new job this year, showing great promise for job hunters looking for work in these areas.
The data, which analysed the average number of jobs in th
- Opus Recruitment Solutions, a global recruitment firm, are pleased to announced their partnership with Recruiter.com, an online recruiting platform, that will result in over one hundred and fifty million dollars in recruiting revenue.Posted inNews archiveon13 Jan 2017
Company ProfileOpus RecruitmentView profile »The partnership will provide a wealth of sourcing talent for specialised and ‘hard to fill’ roles, with a projection to bring over 150 million dollars’ worth of s
- January brings reflection and pledges. A more happier, fitter, more productive type of human.Posted inNews archiveon13 Jan 2017
Listed above (or below) the resolutions of get fit, save money - is find new job. Great, the actively-looking audience pool starts to fill up. But is the surge shortlived? What happens when the rush is over and the candidates dry up? Enter Plan P…Programmatic.
Traditional job search rules are different in January (and September) than any other month. Likel
- It’s no secret that the first step in any career move is a Google search. Whether an individual is looking at vacancies nearer to home; assessing the next salary bracket options; or simply hoping to improve the quality of a CV, online search is an intrinsic part of our daily lives.Posted inOpinionon13 Jan 2017
Company ProfileBond International SoftwareView profile »Two thirds of respondents have used a recruitment agency in the past to help with a job search. Of these, well over half
- HotLizard’s recruitment website platform RecruiterSites allows recruitment agencies to create a fully functional recruitment website quickly and at a cost effective price.Posted inNews archiveon13 Jan 2017
Company ProfileHotLizardView profile »The platform provides stock images and auto-generated content that can be changed by you, the website owner, at any point via the admin portal, which takes out the hassle of needing to have all the content ready before the website can be built.
- Referring to a BBC report on 9th January, that highlights the plight of council schools that will have to meet the cost of the apprenticeship levy from 6th April, Adrian Marlowe, Chairman of the Association of Recruitment Consultancies (ARC), commented that recruitment agencies will be affected in a similar way.Posted inNews archiveon13 Jan 2017
Company ProfileThe Association of Recruitment Consultancies - ARCView profile »“We strongly identify with the LGA’s complaint of discr
- Textkernel is happy to release its new version of Extract! CV parsing. This release contains the brand new parser for Greek CVs, as well as large improvements for all languages and language-specific improvements for English, Flemish, Slovak and French.Posted inNews archiveon13 Jan 2017 New: Greek resume parsing
Answering to our customer demand, Textkernel is introducing its 17th language of CV parsing: Greek. In order to add a new language, Textkernel’s parsing engine needs to be trained a
- HCL is delighted to announce it has been awarded a place on all lots within the HealthTrust Europe (HTE) Total Workforce Solutions Framework Agreement.Posted inNews archiveon13 Jan 2017
The NHSI-approved framework names HCL as an official supplier of the following workforce solutions to NHS Trusts nationwide:Temporary, fixed-term and permanent staff including med locums, GPs, nursing and care professionals, AHP and HSS professionals, and NMNC staff Rostering software Demand management software M
Follow @HRRecruitment_ on Twitter!