The total number of UK vacancies increased by 3.5% to 1,126,376 in February, according to the latest UK Job Market Report from Adzuna.co.uk.Posted inNews archiveon29 Mar 2017
Company ProfileAdzunaView profile » Total number of UK vacancies increases - up 3.5% from 1,088,353 in January to 1,126,376 in February Advertised wages creep gradually upwards – improvement of 0.3% from £32,420 in January to £32,520 in February HR & Recruitment Jobs currently the most well-perfo
- Maximising employee happiness has become an ever more prevalent topic in today's workforce. Many companies are placing greater focus on workplace culture “hacks”, such as flexible working hours and team building, in the hope that they will create happy and productive workers.Posted inNews archiveon29 Mar 2017
Often the best way to measure staff happiness however is to simply talk it over with them directly. So why is job satisfaction so important? What kinds of questions should you b
- Andreas Kopp, a German graduate from Nuremburg has won the Theta Award and the top prize of €4,000 in a worldwide competition to find the best new idea for improving HR and recruitment practice.Posted inNews archiveon29 Mar 2017
Company Profilecut-eView profile »Established by assessment specialist cut-e in 2013, the Theta Award is the only global award that aims to inspire, recognise and reward innovative ideas for new products or processes that will improve and support HR or recruit
- HotLizard are excited to announce that our latest design on Recruiter Sites is now available and at the same cost as our previous designs.Posted inNews archiveon29 Mar 2017
Company ProfileHotLizardView profile »This is a fresh new look that enables the fully responsive design experience to be full page width at its largest size. There has also been increased flexibility build into the design to enable our clients to make more amends, which helps to ensure that the design stays on brand.
- UK HR and reward execs say they view Brexit as 'another disruption', not a 'fundamental challenge'Posted inStatistics and trendson29 Mar 2017
More than half (59%) of HR executives surveyed in the UK say Brexit is just another disruption to be navigated as part of the normal course of business, while only 26% see it as a fundamental challenge to the way they operate, according to the latest Willis Towers Watson survey. Companies in financial services and leisure, retail and distribution are most
- Following amendments made to the IR35 aspect of the Finance Bill last week, ARC has written to MPs, drawing to their attention some of the most important anomalies in HMRC’s approach.Posted inNews archiveon29 Mar 2017
Company ProfileThe Association of Recruitment Consultancies - ARCView profile »Adrian Marlowe, chairman of the Association of Recruitment Consultancies (ARC) said, “Although we welcomed the amendment to the Finance Bill which, crucially for the agency sector, now
- Standards in Recruitment (SiR), the industry’s first independent accreditation for recruitment businesses is pleased to announce that market-leading financial services and public sector specialistsCampion Willcocks, has completed the SIR recertification process having successfully passed a combined legal and operational audit.This is the third year that Campion Willcocks has been able to fly the SiR ‘mark of excellence’ flag.Posted inNews archiveon29 Mar 2017
- Scotland’s digital technologies industry is optimistic for the future and continuing to grow sales, profits and headcount, according to new research from ScotlandIS.Posted inStatistics and trendson29 Mar 2017
The Scottish Technology Industry Survey 2017 found that 82% of businesses expect sales to increase in 2017 and 78% of those surveyed said they have a very optimistic or optimistic view for the year ahead.
The digital technologies industry’s positive outlook f
- The world of digital marketing is constantly changing and evolving. New roles are emerging as companies adapt to new customer habits and strive to stay ahead of the competition. As a result of this fluidity, some roles are more coveted than others, and some can be more difficult to hire for.Posted inNews archiveon29 Mar 2017
Digital marketing recruitment specialists, Forward Role Recruitment has highlighted the most highly sought after roles in digital marketing. In the hopes to advise businesse
- Your job adverts are an important part of your online recruitment advertising strategy.
They provide the first glimpse of the role on offer and will usually help to form the first impression a candidate has of your business.
Whether you’ve been confidently writing your company’s job adverts for years or you really struggle to put them together, it’s important to constantly review how well your adverts are performing.
So, what are the warning signs that your job adverts may be u
- Dice®, the online career site for the technology community, has released a new search platform for tech recruiters in the UK.Posted inLaunchon28 Mar 2017
Company ProfileDiceView profile »This new Talent Search product combines Dice’s CV database with millions of profiles from the award winning social recruiting tool Open Web. The immediate benefit is time efficiency, customers are now able to view profiles in one place.
Open Web aggregates publically available data from over 180
- Assessment specialist cut-e won the ‘best use of technology’ category of the European Excellence Awards in HR, for its work on a ground-breaking, mobile, pre-application assessment for Siemens in Germany. Posted inNews archiveon28 Mar 2017
Company Profilecut-eView profile »The European Excellence Awards are designed to recognise employers and HR teams that implement innovative strategies and forward-thinking practices to meet today’s HR challenges.
”It’s a gre
- Any good company lives or dies by its reputation and by its values. They can spend years and often a considerable amount of money establishing their brand in a marketplace. When it comes to recruiting employees, a company’s reputation and what it stands for become its key selling point to potential candidates.Posted inNews archiveon28 Mar 2017
Company ProfileRecruitment-AssessmentView profile »Many of our clients who use skills testing as part of their recruitment process are well aw
- Existing robotic and artificial intelligence technologies are starting to eliminate a growing number of jobs and there are many theories about how this will affect the white-collar sector.Posted inAppointmentson28 Mar 2017
With today’s advances in technology and the added pressure of AI’s evolvement, the workplace is changing at lightning speed and it’s vital to ensure your CV keeps up pace.
We’ve found that candidates who invest in the following key skills to future-proo
- Posted inAppointmentsSkills for Health is pleased to announce that Jeremy Newman has been appointed as the new Chair of Skills for Health and Justice and will take over from Chris Hannah on the 1st April.on28 Mar 2017
John Rogers, Chief Executive of Skills for Health and Justice said “We are absolutely delighted that Jeremy has been appointed as our new Chair at such an exciting time of growth for our organisation; when our influence and value is being recognised more and more by employers
- Mind hosts first ever Workplace Wellbeing Index AwardsPosted inNews archiveon28 Mar 2017
New data from mental health charity Mind gives an insight into the mental health of 15,000 employees participating in Mind’s first ever Workplace Wellbeing Index, a brand new benchmark of best policy and practice when it comes to staff mental health. Thirty organisations Thirty organisations participated in Mind’s first ever Workplace Wellbeing Index. Of these, 29 completed the full index assessm
- People in their late twenties and early thirties (25-34) are more unhappy about their work-life balance than any other age group, according to a YouGov poll.
- Pret A Manger has said it will now pay its 16-18 year old work experience candidates a starting hourly rate after reports it planned to "pay them in sandwiches".
- The NHS staffing crisis will get worse because of new measures to restrict trusts from hiring agency nurses and locum doctors who are also employed as substantive staff in the NHS, the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) has warned.Posted inNews archiveon24 Mar 2017
A recent survey of 199 healthcare recruitment businesses found that in 48 per cent of agencies, more than half of the temporary nurses, doctors, and allied health professionals on their books are also employed substantiv
- Employers Must Increase Transparency Around Internal Opportunities and Better Communicate Benefits to Retain Top Talent, According to CEBPosted inNews archiveon24 Mar 2017
UK workers are defying Brexit gloom thanks to rising confidence in the jobs market, though men are significantly more optimistic than women about the future, according to CEB (NYSE: CEB), a best practice insight and technology company.
CEB’s Global Talent Monitor indicates that while the business outlook has been improvi
- New mums in UK receive just 6 weeks of decently-paid maternity leave, only mothers in Ireland and Slovakia have worse decently-paid entitlement.
- People aged 30 and under face working until the age of 70 before they can qualify for a state pension under projections drawn up by two separate reports requested by the Government.
- New research by job board Jobsite shows that despite media reports of AI impacting jobs, the UK is optimistic about the potential of artificial intelligence in the workplace.Posted inNews archiveon23 Mar 2017Jobsite findings show that 76% of workers are not uneasy about automation in the workplace Over half of employers see automation as an opportunity not a threat
A recent survey of over 4000 Jobsite users showed overwhelmingly positive attitudes to automation with 54% believing advances will a
Mumâ€™s the word: UK professionals rely on their mum to help them decide whether to accept a job offer…As workers reveal the top ways their mum prepared them for working lifePosted inStatistics and trendson23 Mar 2017
Company ProfileCV-Library.co.ukView profile »Despite fleeing the nest, the majority of UK workers are still reliant on their mums’ wisdom throughout their careers, with over half (54.6%) admitting that their mum has helped them to decide whether to accept a job offer or not. This is according to the latest research from the UK’s leading independent job boar
- Responding to the publication of the Cridland Review on the State Pension age, Charles Cotton, performance and reward adviser at the CIPD, the professional body for HR and people development, said:Posted inOpinionon23 Mar 2017
Company ProfileCIPDView profile »“Ensuring we build a pensions system that is both affordable and sustainable is an ongoing challenge and we welcome the report’s honest insights into the challenges that the pensions system faces. Raising the state pension
- By Toby Conibear, Global Sales Director at Bond International Software Posted inNews archiveon23 Mar 2017
Company ProfileBond International SoftwareView profile »In recent research Bond International Software found that only 25% of candidates have used social media to find a job, and of these, only 14% found it helpful. While this highlights that social media isn’t a popular platform for candidates to find a job, the use of social media varies between demographics and age groups. The
- Leading recruitment software provider Hireserve has been announced as a finalist in the ‘Cloud Product of the Year’ category at the 2017 National Technology Awards.Posted inNews archiveon23 Mar 2017
Company ProfileHireserve LimitedView profile »Hireserve’s core applicant tracking technology has been used by in-house recruiters for years as a traditional ATS. Due to its flexibility, however, Hireserve ATS has also been used to fulfil a range of alternative functions: as an
- Our approach to recruitment is that of building strong relationships with candidates.Posted inNews archiveon23 Mar 2017
It’s incredibly important to understand someone before you can even presume to send them the ‘perfect job’. Similarly, we want candidates to be honest and open with us. We also want to make sure we’re recruiting in a way that suits them.
With that in mind, we ran a survey. ‘Recruit my way’ was designed to establish your thoughts on
- Private-sector employers are forecasting a pay award of just 2% for their employees over the coming year, the latest data from pay analysts at XpertHR reveals.Posted inStatistics and trendson23 Mar 2017
This figure comes as retail prices index (RPI) inflation (still the most favoured measure of inflation for pay awards purposes) jumped to 3.2% in February 2017, a rise of 0.6 percentage points from January.
Based on data from 212 organisations, XpertHR research suggests that only 8.5% of pay awar
- Includes the benefits of collaborative hiring, how to hire as a team and an implementation checklist.Posted inNews archiveon23 Mar 2017
Company ProfileRecruitee View profile »Free White Paper: Collaborative HiringSpeed up your business growth with a collaborative hiring process. Discover the benefits of collaborative hiring. Includes compiled research of proven results. Contains a practical checklist to put this into practice!Click here for more information
- Employer branding is one of those terms that gets thrown around a lot in recruitment.
There are plenty of blog posts and articles out there which talk about employer branding and how companies can improve their brand. However, the big question is why is employer branding so important?
Employer branding initiatives take time (which most HR and recruitment professionals don’t have an abundance of). So, to get buy-in for employer branding, you need to know the exact value it can bring to your
- Black male graduates in London are nearly twice as likely to be unemployed as their white counterparts, figures suggest. According to the data from the ONS, in 2016 there was an unemployment rate of 18 per cent for black male graduates aged 16 to 24 in the capital. The rate for their white counterparts was…
- 92% of SME owners see the latest technology as essential for productivity and SME owners spend almost three hours a week solving IT problems.
- Today, 20th March, the government published the Finance Bill as being laid before Parliament. The bill contains a number of amendments and, crucially for the agency sector, for the first time makes the public sector hirer liable if it fails to take reasonable care when making a decision as to whether IR35 applies.Posted inNews archiveon22 Mar 2017
Company ProfileThe Association of Recruitment Consultancies - ARCView profile »“This is very welcome” says Adrian Marlowe, chairman
- Mike Hill has announced that he will retire from the Higher Education Careers Services Unit (HECSU) and its subsidiary Graduate Prospects in the late summer after 17 years as the Chief Executive.Posted inNews archiveon22 Mar 2017
Company ProfileProspectsView profile »In the years that he has been at the helm, Mike has led the transition from print publisher to multimedia organisation. Graduate Prospects now has a portfolio of 12 digital and print publications supported by market leading st
- Prime Minister Theresa May has announced that she will trigger Article 50 on Wednesday 29th March, starting the two year process of Britain's withdrawal from the EU.Posted inNews archiveon22 Mar 2017
While there is a lot of uncertainty ahead as the country's exit from the EU is negotiated, ELAS legal services manager Geoff Isherwood says, for now, it is business as usual.
He says: "During the Brexit process all current laws and regulations will remain in place. Britain remains a member of the EU
- The global recruitment consultancy Amoria Bond talks about the success they have had with Access software across their entire business.Posted inNews archiveon22 Mar 2017
Company ProfileFirst Choice SoftwareView profile » Global recruitment consultancy Amoria Bond is interviewed about their success with Access software Stretching over four countries they needed a robust system Amoria Bond passionate about Access CRM, analytics and finance software Watch the interview
The global recrui
- Nearly two thirds (63%) of UK employees experience stress in their jobs1, according to research into workplace happiness by Happiness Works on behalf of Robert Half UK. Of those who find their roles demanding, nearly one in 10 said their job was very stressful.Posted inNews archiveon22 Mar 2017
Given the high-levels of stress among UK employees, organisations are introducing wellbeing initiatives to support the physical and mental health of employees at work. Nearly half (48%) of businesses offe
- Including men in the debate around gender equality and embedding flexible working from recruitment onwards are key trends in best practice, according to the Workingmums.co.uk’s Best Practice Report 2017.Posted inNews archiveon22 Mar 2017
The Report is an in-depth look at what the most progressive companies are doing with regard to gender diversity and flexible working. It includes detailed interviews with the winners of the Workingmusm.co.uk’s Top Employer Awards as well as
- We like to think of analytics as a logical discipline, where investment decisions are consistently rational and predictable. Not so. Posted inNews archiveon22 Mar 2017
Customer organisations are driven by all the usual complex and sometimes contradictory forces. Business users want analytics to help them make good customer facing decisions as quickly as possible, while the legal team wants assurances that data usage meets regulatory, legal and ethical standards. The challenge for organisations i
- Junior members of the workforce are most likely to be disengaged, demotivated and lacklustre about work according to survey on happiness in the UK workplacePosted inNews archiveon22 Mar 2017 Survey highlights include:48 percent of UK employees surveyed are not happy at work Yet happy workers are 12 per cent more productive Only 39 percent of junior team members feel positive about whether their job is important and worthwhile The over 50s most want to get to work in the mornings, while the 18-29
- In today’s world in which more and more of even the most talented candidates are prioritising rewarding work over higher salaries, your firm doesn’t necessarily need a bottomless budget if it is to attract them.
Here are just five tips for how you can hire both well and affordably.
1.Make the most of your current staff
Your own workers – both current employees and those who have recently left the company or retired – are in many ways your greatest resource. They are likel
- No matter how promising the results of your latest staff recruitment drive may have been, that sparkly new team of yours is unlikely to deliver the best possible results in the absence of genuinely effective leadership.
So without further ado, here are five of the most important things to make sure of if you wish to gain the utmost productivity from your employees.
1. A consistent approachYour staffers like to see that you are consistent in how you treat those at all levels of your company and i
- Uber president Jeff Jones has left the taxi-hailing firm Uber after less than six months in the job.
- Nearly two thirds of UK employees experience stress in their jobs, according to research into workplace happiness. Of those who find their roles demanding, nearly one in 10 said their job was very stressful.
- The much-disputed Oxford comma has helped a group of dairy drivers in a dispute with a company about overtime pay.
- Posted inLaunchTotaljobs has today launched a £3.6 million out of home advertising campaign, alongside a multi-million pound online traffic strategy, called #TheElevatorPitch, which will address common pressures and stumbling blocks around the interview process.on20 Mar 2017
Company ProfileTotaljobsView profile » Campaign will focus on the fact that totaljobs provides more candidates for interview per job ad, on average, than any other UK job board OOH advertising across London, Manc
- Global talent acquisition and management firm, Alexander Mann Solutions, has unveiled its new Consulting group, Talent Collective.Posted inLaunchon20 Mar 2017
Company ProfileAlexander Mann SolutionsView profile »While the company has provided a strong and comprehensive consulting offering as part of its talent solutions within Alexander Mann Solutions, the differentiation of a dedicated consulting brand will formally enable it to provide greater end-to-end talent solutions for clients glob
- It’s a thought that crosses many a commuter’s mind on a grey Monday morning: what if I ditched the daily grind for a dream job?Posted inNews archiveon20 Mar 2017
Company ProfileIndeedView profile » Swapping the daily grind for job joy can pay surprisingly well according to job site Indeed Six dream jobs pay more than the national average salary Sommeliers can toast £43k a year, while marine biologists can splash out with £36k
It’s a thought that crosses
- International assessment specialist cut-e today announced a strategic partnership with technology company Greenhouse Software, which will enable clients of both companies to run seamless assessments as part of their recruitment process. Posted inPartnershipson20 Mar 2017
Company Profilecut-eView profile »Greenhouse Software - which works with over 1,500 clients including Airbnb, Lyft and Snap Inc - provides a recruiting optimisation platform which makes it easier for organisations to sourc
Follow @HRRecruitment_ on Twitter!