Professional writers can greatly enhance your company’s visibility, outreach and bottom line.Posted inOpinionon17 Feb 2017
Whether it’s providing content for your corporate blog, promoting your products and services through collateral material created, or drafting procedural manuals to clearly outline staff expectations; they are key players in meeting many of your business objectives.
Writers can save time, money, stress and allow busy executives to focus on other important aspects
- The AA – one of the UK’s most trusted commercial brands – has launched a brand new interactive careers website to attract talent in a smart and compelling way.Posted inNews archiveon17 Feb 2017Compelling new interactive careers website Career site ‘chat-bot’ Candidates explore their suitability before applying New site ‘a journey of discovery’
The AA – one of the UK’s most trusted commercial brands – has launched a brand new interactive
- A new report commissioned by Samsung predicts that HR is destined to become the most influential role in future businessesPosted inNews archiveon17 Feb 2017
A new report commissioned by Samsung reveals that by 2020, the impact that changes in society and technology will have upon the future of the workplace will elevate Human Resources (HR) to a powerful new role with the arrival of what Samsung calls the ‘Open Economy’. Within this future world, a new breed of ultra-flexible freelan
- HotLizard are excited to present the RecruiterSites platform available to be used as a dual branded client Microsite.Posted inNews archiveon17 Feb 2017
Company ProfileHotLizardView profile »This allows key clients to benefit from delivering a first class candidate user experience, whilst ensuring that their brand’s key messages and values are being maintained. HotLizard are aware that Microsite sites are often used as part of specific campaigns, so are offering any dual branded Micro
- So many people complain that they feel “trapped” in their job, unable to see a different path or figure out how to make changes. If you’re looking for a sense of freedom, and that feeling that you are the one in control of your career destiny, then starting your very own consulting business could be the answer. Posted inNews archiveon17 Feb 2017
While it’s not really something you hear people talking about, the fact of the matter is that working as a consultant can offer
- ARC is delighted to announce a host of new members across a range of different sectors and sizes.Posted inNews archiveon17 Feb 2017
Company ProfileThe Association of Recruitment Consultancies - ARCView profile »Commenting on this Adrian Marlowe, chairman of the Association of Recruitment Consultancies (ARC) said “We are delighted to have seen an increase in the number of new members joining the Association recently and welcome all. Looking at our new joiners, it is clear that ARC has
- Posted inOpinionImagine a situation: you've been looking for a job, passed several interviews, got a call from the company and finally were accepted. Hurrah! This is great news!on17 Feb 2017
However, there are some pitfalls that you should try to identify before changing the line of your life. If you’re still in doubt of whether to accept the job offer, this article is just for you!
You’re willing to spend time not only on money making but also on something interesting and perspectiv
- Posted inNews archiveBefore we go on to elaborate on the methods of improving employee engagement, we need to make sure we are on the same page when it comes to the notion itself.on17 Feb 2017
There are many similar definitions of the term, but they all basically suggest that it includes emotional investment towards the company and its goals. An engaged employee does not only think about their paycheck, but they want to be actively involved in creating strategies and in the monitoring process. T
- Phil Sheridan, Senior Managing Director at Robert HalfPosted inOpinionon17 Feb 2017
“Businesses in the UK can breathe a small sigh of relief as workplace productivity shows signs of improvement. Despite a 0.3% rise in productivity in Q4, far more can be done to drive efficiency further and assist businesses to reap the benefits. The main cause of workplace inertia, is staff feeling disengaged and demotivated.
Employees who are burned out or frustrated are far less productive, unlike their
- Reacting to the latest ONS Labour Market Statistics, released today, Lee Biggins, founder and managing director of CV-Library, comments:Posted inOpinionon17 Feb 2017
Company ProfileCV-Library.co.ukView profile »“The employment rate is continuing to climb, which is positive news given that the final few months of the year can often see hiring levels stagnate. Our own data for the same period (October – December 2016, inclusive) found that jobs were up by 14.4% when comparing fig
- The average Millennial is able to save just £103 a month, or £1,236 a year, research from giffgaff money can reveal. This means they’re projected to work until they’re 77 years old before they have enough money to enjoy retirement*.Posted inStatistics and trendson17 Feb 2017
The research is part of a recent survey into Millennial spending habits and their ability to save money – which also found that almost half of Millennials (49%) are unable to pay into a pension
- Global talent acquisition and management firm, Alexander Mann Solutions, has highlighted the need for multinational organisations to take a more collaborative approach to sourcing and retaining talent, in view of increasing HR costs.Posted inNews archiveon17 Feb 2017
According to benchmarking data from professional services firm PwC, HR costs for multinational organisations can be up to 50% higher than non-multinational operators in the same sector. Figures from PwC also revealed that a highly d
- Only recruitment trade body chosen to speak at first evidence session set up by Prime MinisterPosted inNews archiveon17 Feb 2017Professional contractors need to be differentiated from broader gig economy Employment Status should not be driven by tax law
The Association of Professional Staffing Companies (APSCo) has today (Tuesday) given evidence at the independent review of employment practices in the modern economy led by Matthew Taylor, and set up by the Prime Minister.
The purpose of the revi
- There is a revolution taking place in HR – times, roles and society, they’re all changing and HR needs to adapt quickly to the fast-paced modern challenges of today.Posted inNews archiveon17 Feb 2017
Holmes Noble, leading executive search and interim firm whose HR Practice is led by Michelle Carson-Williams, founder and CEO, has launched a discussion paper that focuses on the insights and trends driving the HR revolution as identified by HR directors across many sectors.
The paper -
- More than 350 employers have been named and shamed today as the Government publishes the largest ever list of national minimum and living wage offenders.
- Workers at Lloyd's of London have been banned from drinking during the day after around half of disciplinary cases were found to relate to alcohol, but does not affect the brokers and underwriters from other firms who are based in the same building.
- New figures released today from The Office for National Statistics (ONS) show in a ‘flash’ estimate, the weakening of labour productivity growth to 0.3 per cent in the final quarter of 2016. Output per hour – the ONS’ main measure of labour productivity – grew by 0.3 per cent in Quarter 4 (Oct to Dec)…
- Bullhorn published a Q&A session with Textkernel’s CEO Jakub Zavrel. Posted inNews archiveon15 Feb 2017
Company ProfileTextkernelView profile »You can read the full interview about the future of recruitment and how AI and Machine Learning will have an impact on the HR industry below in Textkernel’s blog post.
Interview with Jakub Zavrel, CEO at Textkernel
There’s been a lot of talk about AI and Machine Learning in the staffing and recruiting indust
- By Toby Conibear, Global Sales Director at Bond International SoftwarePosted inNews archiveon15 Feb 2017
Company ProfileBond International SoftwareView profile »There is no doubt that 2016 was an eventful year both politically and economically. Looking ahead, it is tough to predict how the employment market will evolve in 2017 as the full ramifications of Brexit are yet to materialise. In this uncertain and potentially volatile marketplace, recruiters need to remain highly focused an
Love is hard work! Jobrapido finds that the UK, Germany and Italy have varying perceptions of workplace romances, with Italians being the most straitlacedJobrapido, the world’s leading job search engine, has commissioned a Valentine’s Day themed survey on its database of registered users.Posted inNews archiveon15 Feb 2017
Company ProfileJobrapidoView profile » According to a new consumer survey, nearly 40% of Brits believe office romances are a good idea In fact, 42% of Brits believe engaging in a fling with a colleague is BETTER for productivity, compared to just 17% of Italians Meanwhile, Germany sheds its stuffy image, with t
- The latest data from the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and recruitment specialist, Global Accounting Network, has found that 61% of UK-based qualified accountants plan on changing jobs in the next two years.Posted inNews archiveon15 Feb 2017
By comparison, 35% of Ireland-based accountants plan of switching jobs during the same period.
The survey, which collected responses from almost 8,000 CIMA members and student members, also found that almost half (48%) of accounting st
- This Valentine’s Day, a new poll by Monster.co.uk has revealed that a fifth of Brits (21%) don’t see a problem with mixing romance and work, with one in five (10%) meeting their other half on the job.Posted inStatistics and trendson15 Feb 2017
Company ProfileMonster.co.ukView profile »This despite over half (51%) saying you should never mix the two and five per cent saying that a previous office romance has ended up affecting their career. New love, new me
The survey also revea
- Staff at King Georges Hospital, Ilford, have reacted angrily to the instant dismissal of a trusted colleague. Hospital Porter, Aldren Tomlinson, was told his 15 years loyal service was terminated following a misunderstanding over a £4.00 breakfast.
- The craft brewery will be the first in the industry to offer its workforce time off to settle a new pet, and the first company in the US to pioneer the puppy incentive
Love is in the air for recruitment professionals, as industry emerges as the most likely to have office romancesA third (33.3%) of recruitment professionals admit to having had an office romance, with overhalf (52%) believing that it is acceptable to date someone that you work with.Posted inStatistics and trendson13 Feb 2017
Company ProfileCV-Library.co.ukView profile »This is according to the latest research from the UK’s leading independent job board, CV-Library, which comes just in time for Valentine’s Day.
The study, which surveyed 1,000 UK workers about their views on relation
- CGI’s UK operations ranked in pole position for exceptional HR practices by Top Employers UK InstitutePosted inNews archiveon13 Feb 2017
CGI (NYSE: GIB) (TSX: GIB.A) is thrilled to have been officially ranked number one for its outstanding employee offerings in the survey of UK companies by the Top Employers Institute. CGI also received Top Employer Europe certification for the 4th consecutive year.
The annual, international research, undertaken by the Top Employers Institute, recogn
- Richard Shea, Managing Director, Search EMEA& UK, Futurestep comments on the findings:Posted inNews archiveon13 Feb 2017
Company ProfilefuturestepView profile »"The latest report revealing that 27% of candidates, who receive offers from UK technology businesses, come from abroad demonstrates once more the contribution foreign talent is making to our economy. It’s very telling that UK companies are prepared to make a relocation offer that on average is 28% higher than that of loca
- The Ministry of Justice’s online tribunal database has gone live. From today, all future employment tribunal decisions will be uploaded to the government website with some older judgments from 2016 already available.Posted inNews archiveon13 Feb 2017
This database allows anyone to access first instance decisions. Previously, anyone wanting to browse employment tribunal judgments had to go to offices in Bury St Edmunds or Glasgow or pay a fee to order a specific judgment by mail. The new we
- A third of UK employers who will be eligible to pay the new apprenticeship levy from this April are not aware of its existence according to a survey from leader in skills development, City & Guilds.
- Employees at Miller and Carter restaurant have rejected an interviewee applying for a job - via text emoji.
- An ex-employee of Pimlico Plumbers has won a legal battle for working rights in the latest significant court ruling over employee status in the modern workplace.
- Almost 700 jobs are under threat at Waitrose as it plans several store closures and embarks on an ambitious management restructure.
- Young men today will earn £12,500 less in their 20s than the generation before them, partly as a result of taking on low-paid jobs previously done by women, according to the Resolution Foundation.
- The recruitment database software, RDB ProNet, is teaming up with marketing automation platform dotmailer.Posted inNews archiveon10 Feb 2017
Company ProfileFirst Choice SoftwareView profile » RDB ProNet and the leading email marketing software dotmailer are now integrated. Recruiters who use both platforms to move seamlessly between the two. The result is a significant increase in efficiency and candidate placement.
The recruitment database software, RDB ProNet, is teaming up with marketin
NGA Human Resources introduces ResourceLink 18 â€“ The latest, most insightful ResourceLink platformFeaturing powerful and comprehensive Gender Pay Gap reporting, the Apprenticeship Levy and improvements in user efficiencyPosted inNews archiveon10 Feb 2017
HR and Payroll leader NGA Human Resources, today announced ResourceLink 18, the latest, most advanced and insightful version of NGA ResourceLink. Including the much anticipated Gender Pay Gap reporting, ResourceLink 18 incorporates highly sophisticated and insightful gender pay analytics amongst many other innovative enhancements.
- Utilizing social media has become an essential component of marketing and recruitment. Companies are using social media to generate business and to find the best talent for their positions. Posted inNews archiveon10 Feb 2017
Social media and recruitment are booming business. They have become the platform for advertising a position, as well as reaching out and holding onto the best employees. Training companies, employment agencies and human resources have all made social media a part of their ma
- Skillsarena, the Chelmsford-based online talent management solutions provider has today announced the release of its brand new personality profiling product ‘Character DNA’.Posted inLaunchon09 Feb 2017
Company ProfileSkillsarena LimitedView profile »This tool is incredibly quick to complete, cost effective and simple to interpret. Often referred to as a ‘psychometric test’, it is highly complementary to the company’s existing range of online talent management
- …HR and recruitment roles were some of the most sought after in January 2017Posted inNews archiveon09 Feb 2017
Company ProfileCV-Library.co.ukView profile »New data from the UK’s leading independent job site, CV-Library, has found that HR and recruitment jobs were some of the most searched for by candidates last month, suggesting that these industries are some of the most popular to work in right now.
The data, which analysed nearly three million job searches made on CV-Librar
- Royal Academy of Engineering and Entrepreneur First launch hunt for best of UK innovation talentPosted inNews archiveon09 Feb 2017
A nationwide search is being launched today to find the next generation of engineering stars in the UK. The ‘Future of Engineering’ competition is being run by the Royal Academy of Engineering and Entrepreneur First, and aims to discover and promote the best of the UK’s up and coming leaders in engineering.
With a focus on emerging talent, the
- HR teams risk recruiting the wrong people or developing the wrong competencies in their organisation if they don’t check and verify whether the assessments they use to select and develop staff are adding value, warns assessment specialist cut-e. Posted inNews archiveon09 Feb 2017
Company Profilecut-eView profile »The company has published a new guide - called How to conduct a validation study - which explains the pros and cons of different types of verification studies and provides s
- Aktor Interactive, based in Lyon and specialising in employer branding solutions and talent acquisition in France and the rest of the world, announces today their acquisition of AD-RH, a company based in Paris and the publisher of AD-Men, the most widely used integrated software solution among recruitment agencies in France.Posted inNews archiveon09 Feb 2017
Company ProfileJobboard FinderView profile »Aktor Interactive, based in Lyon and specialising in employer branding solutions and tale
- Posted inAppointmentsBespoke software development consultancy Scott Logic has welcomed the first of its 2017 graduates to begin their careers in technology.on09 Feb 2017
Five graduate software developers, two of which will be based in its Newcastle headquarters and three in its Bristol development centre, are enjoying an active week involving introductions to a raft of software development tools, as well as social activities such as mini golf with their new colleagues. In Newcastle, they are:Adi
- Specialist energy recruitment supplier, JDR Energy, are dramatically expanding their workforce over 2017 with a number of key hires.Posted inAppointmentson09 Feb 2017The international business is still in it’s infancy as it approaches it’s second anniversary and is looking to hire 15 staff in 2017, doubling it’s headcount globally.With offices in London and New York, the business is keen to expand at a ferocious pace with plans to make future hires in San Francisco in addition
Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust joins with Questback NHS Staff Community to enhance staff engagementProvides single online platform for communication, innovation and feedback.Posted inNews archiveon09 Feb 2017
Questback (http://www.questback.com/uk/) today announced that the Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is implementing its NHS Staff Community. The Trust will use Questback to provide a single platform for communicating with its 4,000 staff across Somerset, Dorset and the Isle of Wight, listening to and acting on their feedback and consequently enhancing engagement.
- HotLizard are pleased to announce that a ‘Meet-the-Team’ plug-in is now available for the Recruiter Sites platform.Posted inNews archiveon08 Feb 2017
Company ProfileHotLizardView profile »The ‘Meet-the-Team’ plug-in has the advantage of:A pre-formatted team page that is fully responsive and ensures that all profiles are unified in how they are presented Ability to switch how the pre-formatted team page is structured – horizontal or vertical – at a tick o
Sales alone will not drive agency growth, with only 1 in 25 recruiters actively marketing their agency â€˜brandâ€™UK recruitment businesses are depending on the ability of their consultants to win new business and drive growth in the short term rather than building their brand for long-term gain, according to a recent poll conducted by recruitment industry specialists Clearly PR & Marketing Communications.Posted inNews archiveon08 Feb 2017
In a straw poll of 220 delegates who attended the ‘5 Killer Ways to Build Your Recruitment Agency Brand Using PR’ seminar at last week’s Recruitment
- SEC Recruitment is delighted to announce that it’s People Director Carly Brunsden has been appointed chair of the Association of Professional Staffing Companies (APSCo) HR forum. Posted inAppointmentson08 Feb 2017
Company ProfileAPSCoView profile »Having joined SEC in 2013, Carly has led the drive towards enhanced professional development within SEC, which includes the introduction of the SEC Academy in 2015. With over 20 years’ experience working within the recruitment industr
- Adyen, Bynder, Booking.com, Catawiki, Travelbird – just to name a few of the many heavyweight Internet companies that were created in the Netherlands. Posted inNews archiveon08 Feb 2017
Company ProfileRecruitee View profile »The country’s geography might be flat, but the number of promising Dutch startups seems to be growing to new heights every year. With Amsterdam, the Netherlands is also home to one of the biggest startup hubs in Europe. In our ranking from 2016, the Du
- Following the announcement from the Business Champion for Older Workers calling for 1 million more older people in work by 2022, Dr Jill Miller, Diversity and Inclusion Adviser at the CIPD, the professional body for HR and people development, comments:Posted inStatistics and trendson08 Feb 2017
Company ProfileCIPDView profile » Following the announcement from the Business Champion for Older Workers calling for 1 million more older people in work by 2022, Dr Jill Miller, Diversity and Inclu
- via Webrecruit UKMany companies are currently struggling to manage their recruitment process; is yours one of them?
Whether you’re overspending on recruitment agencies, taking months to make a hire or neglecting to nurture your candidates, a poorly thought-out recruitment process can add hours of work to your week (and drain thousands of pounds from your budget).
We’re a great believer that recruitment software can bring many benefits to your hiring process. Of course, not every aspect of your recrui
Follow @HRRecruitment_ on Twitter!