According to new research of 1,200 UK workers from leading independent job site, CV-Library, four in 10 workers (40.3%) have made a huge mistake in an interview, with 8% stating that they had to walk out after things got so bad.Posted inNews archiveon27 Oct 2016
Company ProfileCV-Library.co.ukView profile »Furthermore, the study revealed some of the worst things that people have done in an interview, which include:Arriving unprepared (31.7%) Over sharing information (16.4%) Arriving late (
- Venture Recruitment, experts in Retail, Hospitality, Marketing and HR recruitment, today launched their new website.Posted inNews archiveon27 Oct 2016
Company ProfileeployView profile »The new site features a host of advanced technology aimed at enhancing their ability to engage a higher quantity and quality of candidates, ultimately benefiting both candidates and clients alike.
Designed using ‘mobile-first’ principles by recruitment technology specialists Eploy, candidates can
- Airline recruiters can now select pilots by predicting which candidates will safely and successfully fulfil the different requirements of the role, according to a new white paper from cut-e, the international talent and assessment specialist.Posted inNews archiveon27 Oct 2016
Company Profilecut-eView profile »Called The predictive power of assessment for pilot selection, the paper examines the specific abilities, competencies and personality required by pilots and it explains how to assess
- New findings from the Glassdoor UK Employment Confidence Survey1 (ECS) reveal that concerns around job security amongst UK employees have increased this year. Data shows almost one in three (31 percent) employees are concerned they will be made redundant in the next six months.Posted inNews archiveon26 Oct 2016
Company ProfileGlassdoorView profile »This is a five percentage point increase from 26 percent in Q1 this year, and on a par with Q3 2015 (32 percent). Confidence amongst mille
- Monster UK today announced the Monster Employer Branding Solution, a new offering that enables businesses to boost their recruitment marketing abilities, helping them target potential candidates online and increase qualified applications. The Solution enhances Monster’s ability to successfully connect the right candidates with the right employment opportunities, by helping businesses to clearly communicate their brand values and workplace culture across platforms.Posted inNews archiveon26
- Youth homelessness charity Centrepoint has implemented the Vacancy Filler Recruitment Software product to streamline its recruitment process. The charity, which provides homeless 16-25 year-olds with a safe place to stay and vital health and learning support, employs over 300 staff and is keen to ensure that its administrative systems are as efficient as possible.Posted inNews archiveon26 Oct 2016
Centrepoint receives many hundreds of job applications each year, and the charity needed a system t
- Dillistone Systems, the provider of the market leading FileFinder Anywhere suite of Executive Search applications has announced the launch of the latest generation of the FileFinder Client PortalPosted inNews archiveon26 Oct 2016
Company ProfileDillistone Systems LtdView profile »The Portal allows Executive Search firms to publish assignment related information on a secure website. This website is then available to the end client who can review and provide feedback on searches as and when
- Almost a quarter (23 per cent) of UK employers plan to take on more permanent staff in the next three months, with only three percent planning a reduction in their permanent workforce, according to the latest JobsOutlook survey by the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC).Posted inNews archiveon26 Oct 2016
Company ProfileRECView profile »Businesses are also seeking more temporary resource, with four in five (81 per cent) planning to maintain or increase their use of agency worke
- Recruitment specialist Search Consultancy has appointed Claire Bartlett as Associate Director for the office services and call centre arm of the business.Posted inNews archiveon26 Oct 2016
Claire – who brings with her almost 20 years’ experience of the recruitment industry – will lead a team of ten colleagues based across the Brighton and Crawley region.
Following her study in Switzerland, Claire started in hotel management and after two years decided to change direction with h
- 82% have a strategy to review and close the gap, yet 38% admit that they lack the data and analytics capabilities to identify itPosted inNews archiveon26 Oct 2016
A study commissioned by Xactly exploring the causes and repercussions of the gender pay gap has revealed that the UK business community is struggling to re-address the balance. In the survey of 250 UK C-level executives within organisations of 250+ employees the majority (85%) admitted that a gender pay gap exists amongst the UK busine
Mercer’s Head of HR for UK & Ireland makes Top 100 OUTstanding LGBT Business Leaders List for third year runningSiobhan Martin is ranked no 71 amongst prominent UK business executiveson26 Oct 2016
Mercer’s UK & Ireland HR Director and Board Member, Dr Siobhan Martin, has made the Top 100 OUTstanding LGBT Business Leaders List for the third year running. The ranking is compiled by OUTstanding, a not-for-profit professional network for LGBT executives and their allies, in collaboration with the Financial Times, and aims to recognise the actions of executives that have sought to make the workplace
- On Thursday 27 October 2016 the House of Lords EU Internal Market Sub-Committee will hear evidence from the UK’s professional business services and aviation sectors about the implications of Brexit for these sectors.Posted inNews archiveon26 Oct 2016
This is day two of hearings for the Committee’s new inquiry into the UK's trade in services with the EU. The inquiry is taking evidence from key service sectors to determine the implications of the different levels of market access the U
Three quarters of British workers dream of running their own business, says new research from St. Jamesâs Place Academy75% of British workers would like the freedom to run their own business one day, according to new research from St. James’s Place Academy, the training and development arm of the FTSE100 financial services company. 78% of men and 73% of women aged 25-55 surveyed by Opinium for St. James’s Place Academy said they had dreams of becoming an entrepreneur.on26 Oct 2016
In terms of the most attractive things about running a business, 51% of respondents thought that having more control/sett
- Industry leading digital services company, Atos UK&I, has offered jobs to a number of participants of the ‘Get Into’ programme which provides disadvantaged young people with the training and experience they need to get into work.Posted inNews archiveon26 Oct 2016
The company and the UK’s leading youth charity, The Prince’s Trust, selected eleven 16-25-year-olds not in work, education or training, for a four-week programme with Atos which is the first partner of The Pr
Jobandtalent Reinvents Labour Market with First Completely App-based Hiring and Employee Management ToolJobandtalent today announced the release of a suite of new features designed to simplify and accelerate employee selection, the hiring process and the ongoing management of staff. This is the only end-to-end, digital solution of its kind available today, and reinforces Jobandtalent’s commitment to revolutionising the job market.Posted inLaunchon25 Oct 2016
Company Profilejobandtalent View profile »In addition to publishing jobs, shortlisting and chatting to suitable candidates, compa
- E.ON has today (MON) announced that it is taking on 100 new apprentices over the next 12 months as it continues to roll out its award winning apprenticeship programme.Posted inNews archiveon25 Oct 2016
The energy company will be creating 100 new apprenticeships which will be based on a scheme that launched in 2014 and last year won the award for Youth Engagement Initiative of the Year at the National Skills Academy for Power Annual Awards. The apprenticeship programme has also received Platinum
- While in the past, brands would often control the market and tell consumers what they needed and wanted, our modern age revolves more around the consumer, as brands have realized that if they don’t give people what they want, a competitor will step up and take their place.Posted inNews archiveon25 Oct 2016
As such, you need to accommodate the ever-growing need for instant gratification, and one such way is the online webcast, which is live, interactive and designed to help consumers form s
- Today, Perkbox announces its first equity crowdfunding round, a £1.5m raise on the Seedrs platform, to scale the hyper-growth tech business to its next level of expansion.Posted inNews archiveon25 Oct 2016Innovative tech startup Perkbox launches crowdfunding campaign to fund expansion The UK’s leading perks and benefits scheme estimates the global potential for the sector is around £22 billion Growing 50% each quarter, Perkbox is the UK’s largest and only cloud-based digi
- Ageing workforce and reliance on immigrants could create major problems, warns Royal College of Nursing
- on24 Oct 2016
- …But Don’t Be Overly Nice, Cry or Lose Your TemperPosted inNews archiveon24 Oct 2016
Company ProfileCV-Library.co.ukView profile »Want to be a hit with your colleagues? Well, according to new research from the UK’s leading independent job site, CV-Library, the majority of employees (94.2%) believe there are key personality traits which make a person more likeable in the workplace, including being positive (61.8%), approachable (40.8%) and having a sense of humour (39.8%)
- GetMyFirstJob, the UK’s leading apprenticeship matching service, has been ranked as one of the best British businesses to work for, following an independent study conducted by the Sun newspaper.Posted inNews archiveon24 Oct 2016
This nationwide survey, which involved interviewing members of staff up and down the country from large corporations to small start-ups, was initiated to find the UK employers that have their employees’ best interests at heart.
GetMyFirstJob, who themselves e
- Posted inNews archiveCathcart Associates is celebrating one year in Bangkok after becoming the first UK based IT recruitment firm to open a branch in the Thai capital.on24 Oct 2016
The Edinburgh-based company opened its first international office in Bangkok in October 2015 and is currently one of only a handful of dedicated IT recruiters in the country.
In the past 12 months, Cathcart Associates’ Thai team has doubled its number of dedicated consultants, all offeri
- Posted inAdViewon21 Oct 2016We all know that the ways in which people apply for jobs are evolving rapidly.You’ll probably also be aware that there’s now more job boards online than ever before. I’m talking tens of thousands. So what does this mean for job seekers and recruitment? Can we predict any future trends?
The first thing to say is that contrary to popular belief, job boards aren’t dead. However, the continued rise of job aggregators does still beg the question: ca
- Ministers have ordered a crackdown on companies that use large numbers of self-employed or agency workers.
- Glassdoor Labour Market Index shows Europe’s labour markets are improving despite considerable diversity by country Posted inStatistics and trendson21 Oct 2016
Company ProfileGlassdoorView profile »The UK labour market is in a strong position compared to the rest of Europe and is improving at a quicker rate since the financial crisis, according to a new index developed by Glassdoor Economic Research. The Glassdoor Labour Market Index (GLMI) reveals that labour market conditions
- UK’s most in-demand ‘soft’ skills also revealed as ‘ownership’, ‘strategic thinking’, ‘communication’ and ‘persistence’Posted inNews archiveon21 Oct 2016
LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network, today unveiled the Top Skills of 2016, ranking both the technical and soft skills that are most sought after by employers. And to help professionals upskill, it revealed the Week of Learning will take place next week, givi
- A new consultancy launched which aims to help recruitment businesses adapt and thrive in a challenging market by combining strategic expertise with hands-on change delivery.Posted inLaunchon21 Oct 2016
Elite Squared is the result of a merger between Carter Squared and Elite Leaders, and provides owners and directors with the operational insight and interim support to transform their talent and business model.
The concept was developed by Carter Squared’s Founder Steve Carter in response to
- Doug Monro, co-founder of Adzuna, comments:Posted inOpinionon21 Oct 2016
Company ProfileAdzunaView profile »“Although Brexit plans won’t be fully disclosed until Spring 2017, employment figures haven’t been negatively impacted as the percentage of people in work holds steady. However, the unemployment rate has also increased, suggesting that a tough road may potentially lie ahead once Brexit plans are set in stone.
“In the last week alone, Fujitsu, Travis Perkins an
- Posted inLaunchScottish technology entrepreneur Mike Hughes is this month (October) launching a new venture which he predicts will revolutionise the world of recruitment, especially for businesses with small numbers of staff.on21 Oct 2016
After nearly two years of intensive development and testing, he is unveiling Hiire, (correct) an app-based recruitment solution which matches job-seekers to employers by mobile phone in the style of an internet dating site.
It has already been adopted by more t
UK Unemployment data - "Employment figures have taken Brexit shock in their stride, but more insidious threat is shrinking real wages" - reaction from IndeedMariano Mamertino, economist at the world's biggest job site, Indeed, comments:Posted inOpinionon21 Oct 2016
Company ProfileIndeedView profile »“While the employment figures have largely taken the shock of the Brexit result in their stride, the economy is facing a more insidious threat - the prospect of shrinking real wages.
“With consumer inflation at its highest level for two years, alarm bells are ringing at Britain’s slowing pace of wage growth, which has now slipped
- Commenting on the latest labour market statistics from the ONS, CIPD Acting Chief Economist Ian Brinkley said:Posted inOpinionon20 Oct 2016
Company ProfileCIPDView profile »"Overall job growth has been strong, so in the short term the labour market remains resilient. There are some underlying weaknesses with most of the new jobs being part time and there has also been an increase in temporary work.
"The overall unemployment rate remains stable, but there has been a decrease in the number o
âEmployers can play a vital role in keeping young people out of prisonâ, says Business in the CommunityUK charity Business in the Community (BITC) is using the third anniversary of its Ban the Box campaign to call on employers to rethink the way they treat young job applicants with criminal convictions.Posted inNews archiveon20 Oct 2016
To date, 75 employers have signed up to the campaign and removed the criminal record tick box from job application forms - taking the total number of jobs covered by Ban the Box to over 700,000. Companies to pledge their support over the past year include Virgin T
- New research* from AXA PPP healthcare reveals that it costs SMEs nearly £30,000, on average, to replace an employee, with employers looking to focus on employee wellbeing in 2017 to help lower the likelihood of having to recruit new people to replace those who’ve left their business.
- Britain's biggest builders merchant, Travis Perkins, is closing more than 30 branches, putting 600 jobs at risk.
- An exciting new job board has been launched to target the media industry and they have taken advantage of the speedy solution from HotLizard’s JobBoard.com.Posted inLaunchon19 Oct 2016
Company ProfileJobboard.comView profile »The design has been tailored to meet the specific branding requirements of Top Media Jobs, including the clear promotion of their advertisers via featured jobs and featured clients. The clear calls to action have also been refined to ensure that they are o
- By John Salt, Group Sales Director, TotaljobsPosted inOpinionon19 Oct 2016
Company ProfileTotaljobsView profile »“In the face of plenty of turmoil surrounding the fall of the pound, the ONS figures continue to provide a reassuring perspective on the state of the economy. Businesses are continuing to hire – and this is reinforced by our Totaljobs Employment Index, which showed that the number of jobs posted on the site in September is up an impressive 7% year-on-year.
- Lecturers, Business Analysts and Research Assistants take top three spotsPosted inStatistics and trendson19 Oct 2016
Company ProfileGlassdoorView profile »Glassdoor®, the world’s most transparent jobs and recruiting marketplace, today identifies the UK’s highest paying part-time jobs.
According to Glassdoor’s new report, University Lecturer is the highest paying job if working part-time in the UK. This role could net an employee an annual salary of anything up t
- Leaders in Sales Excellence Provide Customers the Data-Driven Insights Needed to Design and Execute Compensation Programs Optimised for ResultsPosted inPartnershipson19 Oct 2016
Xactly (NYSE: XTLY), a leading provider of cloud-based incentive solutions, and Miller Heiman Group, one of the largest and most impactful sales and service performance companies in the world, are partnering to deliver sales-altering insights to customers.
Miller Heiman Group combines some of best sales, service, trainin
- Study by Sungard Availability Services finds that offering the right digital tools is a crucial aspect of attracting and retaining talent for today’s organisationsPosted inNews archiveon19 Oct 2016
Research from Sungard Availability Services® (Sungard AS), a leading provider of information availability through managed IT, cloud and recovery services, has revealed that UK employees are leaving their current employers if digital expectations are not met.
The study found that having
- Relationships between schools and employers are set to become more effective in helping young people make better career choices, with the launch of the School Leaver Conference. Posted inNews archiveon19 Oct 2016In-depth, data-driven research on the school leaver market The Apprenticeship Levy Schools and employers working together Decision-making for young people Corporate responsibility and diversity
Relationships between schools and employers are set to become more effective in helping young
- Harvey Nash/LBS Leadership Institute report reveals boards not fit for 21st Century purposePosted inNews archiveon19 Oct 2016
Four in ten board appointments are made without any formal process, and more than half go to candidates already known to the organisation. This is despite almost two-thirds of boards prioritising widening the skillset of board members, especially in digital, according to the Harvey Nash Board Report 2016/17 in association with London Business School’s Leadership Ins
- Students and graduates are not making the right work-place choices and employers are struggling to identify the right ‘fit’ for their businesses.Posted inStatistics and trendson19 Oct 201673% of employers not reaching their potential young hires 68% of graduates admit joining the wrong employer 28% of graduates leave their employers within 12 months
Students and graduates are not making the right workplace choices and employers are struggling to identify the right ‘fit’ f
- Hiring keeps 73% of business decision makers behind after hoursPosted inStatistics and trendson19 Oct 2016
New research commissioned by online recruitment marketplace Search Party finds that business decision makers within SMEs are spending up to ten hours a week on hiring related activities, on top of the demands of their own job role. For half of those questioned, at least five of these hours must be clocked up outside of regular office hours.
The research reveals the frustrations that arise w
- via Webrecruit UKThe workplace is changing, which creates a great need for employers to adapt. There is now a greater tendency for employees to work on a remote, temporary or contract basis, which brings new challenges as far as your firm’s staff recruitment and retention efforts are concerned.
Now may be the time to upgrade your recruitment software
In this new employment landscape, it stands to reason that you may struggle to keep track of the departures of your staff and how to replace and train up pers
- via Webrecruit UKIt doesn’t matter how many people tell you otherwise – managing a team of people will always be tough.
You certainly can’t leave such major things as productivity and morale to chance – instead, you need to have a dedicated employee engagement strategy to ensure that your workers continue to feel sharp and excited about what they do.
The very real benefits of employee engagement
Employee engagement isn’t just some ‘buzz term’ spouted by recruitment compa
- Eploy, a leader in enterprise cloud E-Recruitment software, today published the 2016 UK Candidate Attraction Report. Over 600 recruiters (49% in-house, 51% agency) were surveyed to determine the candidate sourcing channels and recruitment marketing techniques that are working best for their organisation.Posted inNews archiveon18 Oct 2016
Company ProfileeployView profile »Sourcing channels surveyed include: company website / career site, existing candidate database, professional social netw
- The recent case of history graduate James Harris handing out CVs to passers by at Birmingham’s New Street train station has fortified claims that university is no longer the ticket to career success it once was. Posted inStatistics and trendson18 Oct 2016
Company ProfileAdView.co.ukView profile »Fortunately, James’ unconventional approach managed to get him an interview. However this doesn’t change the fact that many other graduates are still struggling to find relevant w
- ...With Brexit Backlash STILL Yet To Take Its TollPosted inNews archiveon18 Oct 2016
Company ProfileCV-Library.co.ukView profile »Despite uncertainty on how the UK’s job market would favour over the summer months, especially post-EU referendum, CV-Library’s latest Q3 data reveals that the Brexit backlash is yet to hit, as salaries continued to rise, job growth was strong, and candidate appetite was in full force, when comparing year on year data.
The report, which analysed data
- Self-employed workers are taking home less today than 20 years ago, according to new figures from the Resolution Foundation.
Follow @HRRecruitment_ on Twitter!