- The Government should allow communities a say in the future of local pubs, say Labour as they call for ‘clarity’ on business rates relief for pubs.
- Latest figures show almost a million children missed at least one day of school in England to go on holiday last year despite the threat of fines.
- A London borough is looking to crackdown on professional dog walkers after complaints dogs are spoiling the area’s parks.
- Westminster CC in London has launched a consultation on whether to consturct more tall buildings to cope with a growing need for housing and office space.
- Two members of the tri-borough have blamed Hammersmith & Fulham LBC after they ‘reluctantly decided’ to serve notice on ending the arrangement.
- The Welsh Government has announced it will spend an extra £20m on social care this year to bring it into line with England.
- Roads are deteriorating faster than they can be repaired and it would need more than £12bn to bring them up to scratch, council leaders have warned.
Investment bank Macquarie spies more UK opportunities and urges Australian government to "build stronger trade links ... - City A.M.City A.M.
Investment bank Macquarie spies more UK opportunities and urges Australian government to "build stronger trade links ...
I write about M&A, deals, IPOs, private equity, asset management, media and a fe [..] Show more. Follow William. A kangaroo stands next to a rare waterhole as shee. Macquarie is attempting to acquire the Green Investment Bank from the UK government ...
- Washington Post
UK: Northern Ireland must act soon to save self-government
DUBLIN — Britain says Northern Ireland is at dire risk of losing self-government if rival parties fail within weeks to resolve key differences. Secretary of State James Brokenshire says local leaders still have “a few short weeks to resolve matters ...
No appetite for another Northern Ireland assembly election, UK Government saysThe Independent
UK faces government decision on deadlocked N. Ire
UK government looking for data scientists with expertise in AI, machine learning
The government is looking for data scientists with expertise in artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning to help the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and other departments to extract and analyse critical information in a bid to stay "one step ahead ...
- Poor support and rapid hospital discharge processes for adult social care could be costing councils more in the long-term, new analysis reveals.
UK Government Energy Projections Increase Role Of Renewables, Still Behind 2030 Carbon Budget - CleanTechnicaCleanTechnica
UK Government Energy Projections Increase Role Of Renewables, Still Behind 2030 Carbon Budget
New official energy projects published by the UK government this month have surprised many, giving un-looked-for credence to the importance the renewable energy industry can have on the future of electricity network in the United Kingdom. Specifically ...
UK government to look into whether grime event risk assessment ...
The UK's Culture Minister is to open an investigation into whether the controversial Form 696, a risk assessment for grime events, is racist. Although the ...
UK government to raise issue of 'racist' police form with London mayor Sadiq KhanResident Advisoralle 14 nieuwsartikelen »
- Councils call on Whitehall to force food outlets to display hygiene ratings as analysis reveals one in five eateries do not meet health standards.
UK government wants access to WhatsApp messages
The U.K. government is pushing for backdoor access to encrypted messaging apps after it emerged the killer in last week's attack in London used WhatsApp just minutes before striking. Home Secretary Amber Rudd said WhatsApp -- owned by Facebook (FB, ...
UK government renews calls for WhatsApp backdoor after London attackThe Verge
Days After London Terror Attack, the UK Government Is Already Going After WhatsApp's EncryptionGi
- MPs warn Government is missing opportunities to tackle childhood obesity, as councils say weight-related illnesses could ‘bankrupt health and social care’.
- The Guardian
UK nuclear decommissioning debacle costs government nearly ...
Business secretary orders inquiry into flawed tendering process for dismantling old reactors at 12 sites as US firms get paid for out of court settlement.en meer »
- The Independent
Quarter of UK businesses don't have reliable broadband despite ...
Almost a quarter of UK small businesses are being held back by unreliable internet connections despite Government promises to roll out “superfast broadband” ...en meer »
- Daily Star
Nintendo Switch BANNED? Has UK Government flights clamped down on new console?
NINTENDO SWITCH is made to be portable but many are worried that a new government restriction has effectively banned the new Nintendo console on UK flights. By James Wright / Published 26th March 2017. Nintendo Switch Flight Electronic Ban ...en meer »
- Over 100 housing estates will receive regeneration cash from the Government in order to speed up the building of thousands of new homes.
- The stress and uncertainty associated with moving house regularly is a ‘worryingly normal part of life’ for children growing up in poverty, charity warns.
- Councils have called for laws banning pavement parking in London to be rolled out across the country in order to crack down on motorists endangering lives.
Extradition Request For Vijay Mallya Certified By UK Government
The United Kingdom has conveyed to India that its request for extradition of industrialist Vijay Mallya, who has been declared a proclaimed offender, has been certified by the secretary of state. "The U.K. Home department on February 21 conveyed that ...
Vijay Mallya to be extradited? UK government certifies India's requestZee Newsalle 15 nieuwsartikelen »
Banks lose UK government's ear over Brexit
Banks used to have a cosy relationship with Britain's government. Now they say they are struggling to be heard as the country prepares to leave the EU. Press CTRL+C (Windows), CMD+C (Mac), or long-press the URL below on your mobile device to copy the ...
- The public needs to be more aware of modern slavery, council chiefs warn as figures reveal the ‘hidden crime’ soaring.
- Council tax in Wales remains lower than in England, new figures published today have revealed.
- Liverpool City Council is set to agree the principles of an ‘innovative finance model’ with a Premier League football club in order to build a new stadium.
- BBC News
UK film industry 'needs government support' after Brexit - BBC News
Extra help is needed if the industry is to survive after Brexit, a senior figure in the sector warns.en meer »
- BBC News
UK film industry 'needs government support' after Brexit
The UK movie business must get more support from the government if the sector is to survive after Brexit, a senior figure in the industry has said. Zygi Kamasa, who runs Lionsgate UK, said Britain's EU exit could have a "big impact" on independent ...
EU's Juncker says UK's Brexit bill will be around £50bTHE BUSINESS TIMESalle 173 nieuwsartikelen »
- The number of child sex offences recorded by the police last year rose to nearly 56,000 — a record number of reported cases.
- LocalGov and We Own It are partnering up to launch the Local Public Ownership Awards.
- Buying Business Travel
Norwegian added to government air travel programme
Buying Business Travel
Norwegian has been added to the government's list of preferred airline for its corporate travel. The new deal will provide discounted air travel for central government officials to more than 50 destinations from the UK. It will see 300,000 central ...
- There were 260 reported cases of electoral fraud last year, according to a new report from the Electoral Commission.
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) deficit has fallen to half the level previously expected - going down to around £35bn - new figures have revealed.
- THE BUSINESS TIMES
UK retail sales rebound in February, pound spikes
THE BUSINESS TIMES
British retail sales rebounded strongly last month despite Brexit jitters, official data showed Thursday, sparking a spike in the pound. PHOTO: BLOOMBERG. [LONDON] British retail sales rebounded strongly last month despite Brexit jitters, official data ...en meer »
- Three Oxfordshire councils today submitted a unitary proposal despite concerns this could upset a joint working partnership between two district authorities.
- The Guardian
Rendition: government evidence to be heard in secret in UK for first ...
Lawyers for MoD and FCO in case brought by two Pakistani men can present evidence behind closed doors, high court judge rules.en meer »
- London council apologises after ombudsman finds ‘systemic’ problems with their homelessness services.
- David Hodge has quit as the leader of the Local Government Association’s (LGA) Conservative group following the political furore over the so-called Nickileaks affair.
- London councils are working with design experts to ‘tackle tough social issues’ such as homelessness and homecare.
- Christchurch councillors have voted in support of a referendum on plans to create two new unitary authorities in Dorset after receiving ‘mixed results’ from previous consultations.
- Plans to create a new single council for East Kent are being postponed after Shepway District Council voted against the proposal.
- Thousands of schools across England are segregated along ethnic and socio-economic lines, research reveals.
- Every council has been urged to ban all balloon releases after new research found balloon litter on beaches has increased by more than 50% in a year.
- Councils should be given the freedom to decide how best to spend the £2bn social care funding, the Local Government Association (LGA) has said today.
- BBC News
Offshore worker discrimination 'not widespread' says UK ... - BBC
A probe into claims of discrimination against former oil workers has uncovered some examples but it is not widespread, the UK government says.en meer »
- UKAuthority.com (press release) (blog)
Scotland looks to 'digital businesses' in government
UKAuthority.com (press release) (blog)
Digital should be taking centre stage in Scottish government organisations, with all expected to develop a relevant business model under the new national digital strategy, published yesterday. Scottish flag The Scottish Government has included a raft ...en meer »
How the London Attack Unfolded at the Heart of UK Government
Prime Minister Theresa May had just cast her vote for a pensions bill when she was told the U.K. Parliament was under attack. Minutes earlier, the tourists that throng Westminster Bridge, taking selfies in front of Big Ben, had scattered as a car ...
White House Condemns London Attacks, Pledges 'Full Support' For UK GovernmentTPM
Four killed in UK parliament 'terrorist' attackTHE BUSINESS TIMES
Five South Koreans i
- Sutton Council has invested £14bn in order to create ‘the world’s leading hub for cancer research and treatment’.
- The Independent
UK laptop ban comes into effect by Saturday, government confirms ...
The UK will ban people from flying into the country with large electronic devices by Saturday. The Department for Transport said that it will implement the ban on ...en meer »
Follow @GovernmentUKnws on Twitter!