Design title Wallpaper has teamed with design development platform Revolution to create a range of pre-crafted homes and pavilions that will offer customised and bespoke designs.
Wallpaper will recruit six architects to design the structures that will target a global market. The pavilion structures will be designed for temporary and non-residential use.
Marcus Rich, Time Inc. UK chief executive, said: “Wallpaper is an authority in design. It holds an enviable position in the des
- The push will position baked beans as a healthy option
- James Richardson has become head of the finance operation, supported by a new management accountant…
- Ranjit Boparan is aiming to boost the waste credentials of his 2 Sisters Food Group thanks to a private investment in lossmaking value meat retail chain Crawshaws.
- The new TV ad Mountains of Flavour sees Alpine labourers ordering a “Full Alpen” breakfast
- Gianni’s Alcoholic Ice Popsicles – in Peach Bellini and Gin & Tonic – rolled out this week
- Guardian News and Media editor-in-chief Katharine Viner said John Mulholland, editor of the Observer, will take on interim leadership of Guardian US during the maternity leave of Guardian US editor Lee Glendinning.
According to the company Mulholland will be based in the Guardian US’s New York headquarters from July until the fall, after which time he will return to his Observer editorship.
Meanwhile, Observer deputy editor Paul Webster will take on editing duties of the paper during
- Jimmy Wales, the co-founder of Wikipedia, announced this week the launch of Wikitribune to fight fake news with evidenced-based journalism. "The news is broken and we can fix it," Wales declares.
Bending the news for political and commercial purposes is nothing new –propaganda and its record of use stretches back to ancient Rome and before. The difference today is that mass communication and, in particular, the rise of the internet and citizen journalism have spawned a culture of truth dis
- Gaming company Bethesda is looking to dip into the psyche of gamers with an interactive Rorschach test promoting the return of the Prey series to consoles.
Creative agency Midnight Oil has delivered TranStar Personality Test, a digital hub designed to build the background to the Transtar space station that is on the hunt for a very specific type of colonist.
Sean Salter, creative director of Midnight Oil, said: “As big fans of Bethesda, TranStar Awaits was a very exciting project to be a p
- Luxco, the St Louis-based alcoholic beverage producer, importer and marketer, and Derry-based Niche Drinks have hired creative digital shop Media Bounty to work on their handcrafted Irish whiskey brand as it launches across new markets.
The London based award-winning agency has been retained to develop brand guidelines and a creative toolkit for The Quiet Man which was introduced to the US market earlier this year and for which Niche Drinks is building the first whiskey distillery to open in Der
- There is no such thing as a safe bet when it comes to online betting, and no single brand that all of us turn to when we fancy a flutter – odds and offers will always sway us.
Online gaming has been top of the news agenda this week, but in this unpredictable, cluttered and fiercely competitive market, brands are continuing to invest significant budgets into capturing consumer attention and building brand fame through a variety of means from broadcast TV advertising to intense digital respo
- Lionsgate, a leading film company and next generation content generator, has partnered with Fandom, an entertainment fan site, to reach fan communities across Lionsgate’s broad portfolio of filmed entertainment brands and franchises.
The multi-year agreement expands a strategic relationship that ramped up with the companies’ partnership on the box office breakout John Wick: Chapter Two, Starz’s eagerly-anticipated television series American Gods, which debuts A
- Apparently there’s a slew of new parents who take their young ones on car rides in order to soothe them into a state of sleep. This concept is the focus of a campaign from Renault.
To mimic the relaxing vibes generated by car journeys, the auto brand, in conjunction with global babycare company Chicco, has created the ‘The Dream Cradle’. The cradle simulates the motions a child would experience in the back of a Renault.
The cradle can be controlled by a dedi
- The NPD features tomato salsa flavoured mini tortilla chips and Dairylea cheese
- Artificial intelligence (AI), or machines that can think like people, doesn’t need gender. But many of the AI-based assistants and bots we interact with every day have at least an implied gender.
There are a number of reasons for this. For starters, gender helps humanize machines. This, in turn, makes it easier to interact with them. And that’s an important consideration, say, the first time you ask Siri for directions or Alexa for the weather forecast. But it also raises q
Jockey 'Show Em What's Underneath' campaign sees war orphan turned ballerina Michaela DePrince spread hope and perseveranceUnderwear brand Jockey has launched a new ad campaign featuring Michaela DePrince, a war orphan turned ballerina demonstrating human endurance and overcoming obstacles in its 'Show ‘Em What’s Underneath' campaign.
The campaign introduces Michaela proudly wearing Jockey in an intimate video and series of portraits illustrating what's underneath it all, both literally and figuratively. Michaela explains she grew up in Sierra Leone, her father was killed by rebels, and her mo
- German car manufacturer Audi is the latest brand to jump aboard 20th Century Fox’s upcoming addition to the Alien franchise in a branded ad documenting a close encounter with a Xenomorph.
The Ridley Scott-directed movie Alien: Covenant also counts among its partners AMD which co-released a Michael Fassbender-led short ‘Meet Walter’. Now the auto brand has rolled out some branded video of its own, showing the AI-driven Audi lunar quattro patrolling the colony ship covenant.
- The Grimsby store is the first Community Shop to be co-located in a bigger community space
- Brockmans has benefited from new listings in 115 M&S branches, Wine Rack, Harvey Nichols and Punch Taverns…
- The agency offers suppliers and retailers the chance to trial new on-shelf ideas without going near a supermarket
- M&S has so far been one of the biggest food retailers operating in the UK to resist running full online delivery
Why Blackberry wonâ€™t become a â€˜brand for hipstersâ€™ in its â€˜street smartâ€™ plot to recapture its former gloryRemember Blackberry? The company that used to be a behemoth of smartphones? It’s back with a marketing scheme to prove it isn’t just a brand for the original crackberry fans but can also be a viable alternative to Apple and Samsung within the next three years.
Proclamations like this aren’t as powerful as they might have been in 2013 when Blackberry first tried to fix its once broken brand. That didn’t turn out so well – it ended up with a $1bn billion write down of
- If you want to stay inspired, sometimes it's best to look outside your work, top creatives said at the D&AD Festival this week.
- The FDF has warned MPs the next government risks driving companies out of the UK
- If the noise of fintech, innovation and disruption threatens to overwhelm your focus, here are some lessons from the 2017 Innovate Finance Global Summit that should serve as a reminder that standing still is the new going backwards, and staying light on your feet is more important than just what’s on your to-do list today.
It’s not banks that will drive the need for innovation, it's organisations out with the financial services industry that will make it change. We can see it al
- Amazon’s advertising business has loomed quietly in the digital media space for some time but the online behemoth has given the clearest indication yet that it will now come to the fore.
Advertisers and agencies have been hearing Amazon-sized footsteps for some time but until now the business has erred away from revealing too much. However, on its latest earnings call Amazon was asked by one analyst as to whether advertising could become a more “meaningful part of the business”
Introducing The Tempest Two, the adventuring content marketing duo who wrote their business plan in a hurricaneTom Caulfield and James Whittle are the new poster boys for living the dream, although they’re still – technically – working as content marketers.
A desire to do something “badass” led them to a tiny boat in the middle of the Atlantic, rowing 3,000 miles across 54 days in December 2015. But to get there, without a cheque from daddy to fund their mission, they turned to what they did best – speak to brands.
“We worked tirelessly for two years al
- Applegreen has invested £435k in switching its legacy IT systems to a new cloud-based model
- Singapore’s only free to air TV broadcaster, Mediacorp, has announced that its chief executive officer, Shaun Seow will be stepping down to join parent company Temasek.
Seow will be joining the telecom, media and technology investment team in Temasek, which includes Mediacorp in its portfolio. He will continue as CEO and assist with the transition till 30 September 2017.
In his time at Mediacorp, Seow helped start Singapore’s first regional news channel, Channel News Asia, as well as
- Google has done "a considerable amount" to allay concerns about brand safety but Facebook "haven't done as much", according to Sir Martin Sorrell.
Follow @FMCGNewsUK on Twitter!