- Two variants of the new sharing tablet – Caramel Crunch and Shortbread Crunch – will land on shelf next month
- Eight martech agencies in Europe and the US today announced the formation of a network of B2B agencies, calling it Martech Global, consisting of 26 agencies and 600 customers with an objective to assist global B2B enterprises with their digital marketing transformation.
The agency network is launching today in conjunction with the Marketo Summit in San Francisco, with founding members from Europe and the Americas.
The main challenge for B2B agencies, according to founding agency Ava
- The creative B2B agency Gyro announced today the appointment Adryanna Sutherland as chief operating officer (COO) of Gyro in the United States. The newly created COO role will include the ongoing evolution in B2B marketing of creative, media, data and technology, and Sutherland is tasked with its integration.
“It is rare, if not nearly impossible, to find a true leader. Fortunately for us, Gyro has this person in Adryanna Sutherland,” said Christoph Becker, Gyro global chief exe
- Mark Wahlberg is helping get the word out there about the new Unlimited Plus streaming plan from AT&T in a new campaign created by BBDO. The campaign, called ‘Terms and Conditions’, features several spots that have Wahlberg playing up “entertainment on your terms”.
The feature 90-second spot of the same name shows Wahlberg wandering through movie sets while cars careen in the background, characters walk with him, live shows happen around him, and characters fro
- (Editor's note: Beyond the Brief is a collaborative project celebrating 100 years of the 4A's and their members. See the industry pros we're featuring here.)
There is no casual way to talk about outgoing Phelps CCO Howie Cohen’s legacy in the advertising industry.
We can start with the most recent news, that the two-time Clio hall-of-famer stepped down from his post as chief creative a few days ago, handing over the reins to Tony Stern. Or we can start with his most iconic, and a
- Carlsberg will have “unprecedented” partner, sponsorship and official supplier rights for Live Nation’s festivals…
- The multimillion push introduces an animated Capri-Sun pouch character
- Why would a consumer engage with a bank, insurer or energy brand in social media? It’s an interesting question and one we’ve been asked on a few occasions.
Rather than thumbing through updates from your family and friends, considered connections and the odd well loved brand, what can these brands do to stop you in your tracks and grab some of your highly valuable attention? After all they’re low interest, utility brands offering fundamentally the same as one another. Most consu
- As Donald Trump heads towards his 100th day of tenure, pundits are analysing his decisions and policies so far. A president’s first 100 days are highly indicative of the political agenda for years to come.
Trump will have a further 1,361 days in office. Yet, by contrast, the average marketing leader spends only 448 days in the hot seat after their first century.
Last year The Marketing Society reported that the average tenure of a chief marketing officer in the UK is now just 18 months. In
- Snapchat is further opening up its API to allow its partners to buy and manage sponsored Geofilters – its location-enabled overlays.
The move means advertising partners in the UK, the US, Australia and Canada will be able to purchase and report on paid-for Geofilters, whereas previously they could only sell vertical Snap Ad units to brands.
Sponsored Geofilters, meanwhile, were formerly limited to being purchased directly, and individually, through Snap's dedicated se
- The British brand received an order from Japanese distributor Kewpie for 1,250kg of crisps last week
- The own-label food manufacturer is looking for more than 86 new employees to join its 690-strong team
- Brand was one of several Heineken brands to be culled by Tesco in February
- The people of the UK are being urged to forget the things that separate them and unite to tackle what is set to be one of the biggest health and social challenges of the 21st century, in a new brand campaign from Alzheimer's Society.
- Mondelez has confirmed that its chief marketing officer Dana Anderson is to depart amid a string of executive changes.
Anderson is leaving the parent company of Oreo and Cadbury to take up the same role at MediaLink – an advertising and marketing consultancy. MediaLink, which was acquired by Cannes Lions parent company Ascential in February, has confirmed the appointment to The Drum.
Mondelez has no replacement as of yet, but has hinted that the de
Ellie Goulding and Cartier Women's Initiative create headline-grabbing live streams with help from TVC GroupLondon based PR agency TVC Group turned around two headline-grabbing live streams last week, bringing all the action from momentous events for Jaguar, Land Rover and Cartier to a huge worldwide audience.
As the new Range Rover Velar made its US debut, Ellie Goulding staged an exclusive online performance of ‘Love Me Like You Do’, streamed live on her Facebook page. Bringing a touch of British glamour to the Velar’s US launch party in Manhattan, Ellie sang to a global online aud
- MediaLink has appointed former Mondelez International top marketer Dana Anderson as the advisory business's chief marketing officer.
- How we approach dialogue has particular importance in the storytelling process, especially in the films of director and screenwriter Barry Levinson. Levinson sat down with actor and comedian Gilbert Gottfried in New York as part of the Tribeca Film Festival presented by AT&T.
“The common, normal pieces of dialogue are the most important,” said Levinson during a live episode of Gilbert Gottfried’s Amazing Colossal Podcast with co-host Frank Santopadre. What Levin
- Own-label and brewery-branded beers supplied by the Twickenham-based company are available now
- Investment will involve a £16m-plus programme of food store openings and refits for around 20 stores…
- Retailer believes newly listed £7 Cabernet Sauvignon could establish the market in Britain…
- National Geographic has given Facebook Messenger users the chance to chat with one of the species’ most celebrated minds to raise awareness of the launch of its new original series Genius that dissects the psyche of the physicist Albert Einstein.
Coinciding with the March for Science during the weekend, the bot attempts to educate users about physics – and the release of its show which premieres 25 April on the National Geographic channel.
It will spout, first and foremost, the relea
Avivaâ€™s inclusivity boss Jan Gooding: â€˜Men, not particularly women, have supported me throughout my careerâ€™Aviva’s global inclusion director Jan Gooding has admitted men, not women, have had a bigger impact on her career, blaming the latter’s tendency to fear they could be penalised if seen to be championing diversity.
The former marketer is referring to so-called ‘queen bee’ syndrome – the idea that some women in executive positions hold others back to protect their own power base. But Gooding’s experiences weren’t because women are afraid to trust one anoth
- Just over one quarter of parents in the UK are keen on the idea of personalised ads, with eight in 10 saying they would like more control over which ads follow them online.
The figures come from a survey conducted by parenting platform Mumsnet in partnership with Saatchi & Saatchi which questioned over 1000 parents and found that just 26% had warmed to personalisation.
While close to half (46%) agreed personalisation was the future, 58% believed their data should stay private. 81% of parents
- Fast food chain McDonald’s has unveiled new uniforms for its US staff which have leveraged some piercing criticism online.
McDonald’s is enduring an extended period of change as it looks to solidify its relevance in its lead markets, underlining this is a sweeping change to the uniforms of its US staff, with them now adopting a sleek charcoal aesthetic that has drawn unflattering dystopian and sci-fi comparisons.
A total of 850,000 staff members across 14,000 restaurants will adopt t
- Not everything that is important in marketing can be quantified or automated. Soon, we’re going to have to remember that fact.
But first, let me take you back to a little theory. There have always been two main categories of advertising: brand and direct response. Brand advertising aims to build long-term brands by communicating desired, subconscious messages to mass audiences over time. Direct response tries to get immediate, trackable responses from a specific group of people or set of c
- Running from this month until June, shoppers have the chance to win the ‘Ultimate VIP Miami Experience’
- Google is making traditional TV inventory available via DoubleClick Bid manager in the US in a move that will also see it provide advertisers with “impact-based metrics” to better evaluate how ads on the large screen boost search activity.
The move means that advertisers will be able to buy ad spots on addressable, national and local TV via tie-ups with its three launch partners through partnerships with Wideorbit, Clypd and its Google Fiber.
Google is labeling this “the
- What’s it like to be a ‘token’ minority at the table? For Daniele Fiandaca, co-founder of Creative Social, the revelation was enough to prompt him to become the co-founder of The Token Man, to help men understand the experience.
Here’s what happened on that night. Invited to a dinner by the legendary Laura Jordan-Bambach, creative partner of Mr President, ex-D&AD president and co-founder of SheSays, Daniele sat down to dine with 12 female creative directors. Over the
- Driverless cars are being trained to navigate real world environments by setting the software loose on the streets of Los Santos, the fictional city setting of Grand Theft Auto V.
Whilst it is better known for its car jackings, crashes and police chases the computer environment is considered ideal by the likes of Ford and Google to train up their own offerings while they are still limited from running real world road trials.
The computer environment sprawls over a landscape that is close to a fi
Follow @FMCGNewsUK on Twitter!