- Device not to be suspicious and not an explosive device
- A double decker bus was completely damaged by fire
- Part of the basement of the salon was damaged by fire
- Part of a maisonette on the first floor of the block was damaged by fire
- A shed was completely damaged by fire
- Part of the first floor store room was damaged by fire
- Fire service and head chef promote safe Pancake Day
This Shrove Tuesday County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service (CDDFRS) has teamed up with the head chef at New College Durham to spread important kitchen safety messages.
National statistics show that 60 per cent of fires in the home start in the kitchen and on Tuesday 28 February, as we prepare to add fat to hot pans, whip up our favourite batter mixture and toss pancakes, kitchens can be risky rooms to be in.
- Belfast Telegraph
Video: Firefighters rescue dog trapped on cliff
It took 16 firefighters to rescue a pooch that had wandered off the side of a bluff at a popular San Francisco oceanside park. Popular. Jeffrey Donaldson said the CRC supports constitutional pro-Union causes. Revealed: Group that funded DUP's £425,000 ...en meer »
- Nine youngsters from Gateshead have completed a four-day Phoenix course run by Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service, in partnership with Gateshead Council.The Phoenix programme is aimed at young people aged between 12 and 17 years. The main aim of the programme is to change attitudes and behaviour, instil confidence and self-esteem, discipline and self-discipline, team working and social skills. The group of nine boys aged between 12 and 17 completed the course, which culminated in them present
- A woman and a child were led to safety via an internal staircase by breathing apparatus crews
- Part of the ground floor is alight
- Around 25 workers left the building before the Brigade arrived
- Approximately 20 people left the building before the arrival of the Brigade
- Belfast Telegraph
Video: 150 firefighters tackle huge Sydney fire
150 firefighters have been called in to tackle a huge fire in Chullora in Sydney Australia at a waste recycling plant. Popular. Ciara McGreevy died on on January 23. DUP's Jim Wells apologises for Facebook post about Ciara McGreevy who... Northern Ireland.en meer »
- Researchers call for alarms with lower tones combined with woman’s voice as they look for families to take part in study Children are at risk of dying in house fires because they often remain asleep when smoke alarms sound, say researchers.They are calling for high-pitched buzzers to be replaced with lower tones combined with a woman’s voice.Continue reading...
- All of the restaurants front signage was damaged by fire
- One of a number of Storm Doris incidents
- No injuries reported
- Ground floor restaurant damaged
- White goods’ giant has finally told consumers to unplug dangerous, faulty tumble dryers.
- No reports of any injuries
- Residents at a care home in Newcastle are safe and well thanks to the quick actions of carer Susie Jardine.Susie discovered a fire at Westwood Lodge Care Home on Bentinck Road at around 7.30pm on Tuesday 24 January.
Susie said: “When I entered the toilets on the first floor, I discovered smoke coming from a bin. I was shocked, but thankfully I remembered my training and raised the alarm immediately by hitting the red manual call point. I alerted my colleagues who called 999 and evacuated r
- 20 firefighters at the scene
- Smokey the puppy was thankfully not injured
- Part of a first floor flat is currently alight
- Know the key signs and inform the police so that they can act swiftly
- A fundraising coffee morning was held at County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service (CDDFRS) to launch a new local charity.
A raffle, tombola and cake sale raised £1,610, which will be used by Megan’s Rainbow Support Group to help families faced with the sudden loss of a child.
The support group, based in Seaham, County Durham, plans to open a drop-in centre for people faced with sudden loss where they will be able to meet for a cup of coffee and perhaps a shoulder t
- Pictured at SafetyWorks! are Cllr Peter Gibson, Chair of the West Area Committee, Year 6 students from Plains Farm Academy andPCSO Jen Charlton.
SafetyWorks! - the innovative interactive safety centre - is welcoming schools from across the region to experience their new educational packages. The centre offers age appropriate sessions specifically for children, young people and vulnerable groups, to learn about the potential dangers of Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) in today's modern society. It
- Over half of all dwelling fires that the Brigade attended last year did not have a smoke alarm that worked or sounded.
- Partners delivering a programme designed to help businesses cut through legislative and regulatory red tape are being invited to help shape support they need to grow their business.
Better Business for All (BBFA) being delivered in partnership by the Department for International Trade, Federation of Small Businesses (FSB), North East Fire and Rescue Services, local authority regulatory services and the North East and Tees Valley Local Enterprise Partnerships.
Over 55 per cent of small business o
- Proving our firefighters are never truly off duty, Stuart McDonald from Battersea blue watch was travelling on an Isle of Wight ferry recently when he stepped in to assist a fellow passenger who had keeled over with severe chest pains.
- Eight fire engines at the scene
- Never leave candles unattended and next to aeorsol cans
- Firefighters called after youths start fire at Lindow Moss
Firefighters were called to put out a small fire at Lindow Moss on Sunday, 12th February. A local dog walker alerted the fire service after spotting some youths stocking a fire near Newgate just before 2pm. One fire engine from Wilmslow attended and a ...
- Firefighters from County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service (CDDFRS), whose quick response was credited with saving a man’s life, were commended for their actions on Thursday 9 February.
Members of Darlington Fire Station’s green watch were presented with Chief Fire Officer commendations at CDDFRS headquarters. Crew manager Stephen Dry, firefighter Nick Meek, firefighter Luke Wearmouth and firefighter David Parker were congratulated by colleagues, members of the Combined F
Dramatic rescue as bell-ringer is winched 80ft to Worcester Cathedral's floor
A CATHEDRAL bell-ringer was lowered By Chris Riches 80 feet by firefighters with a suspected spine fracture after his foot got caught in a rope and was hoisted into the air. By Chris Riches. PUBLISHED: 17:39, Sun, Feb 12, 2017 | UPDATED: 18:03, Sun ...
- More than 30 firefighters tackle blaze
- No injures reported
- Range of outbuildings alight
- Range of outbuildings were alight
- A fire appliance from Yeovil was mobilised following a request for our attendance from the Police to assist them with a concern for welfare, after a gentleman had fallen in the public toilets at the bus station and got wedged between the toilet and the cubicle door. Shortly after arriving and liaising with the Police, our crew were able to release him from the cubicle. Duty of care was then left with the Police, awaiting an ambulance.
- A fire appliance from Camels Head was mobilised following a call from the carer of an elderly lady who had fallen in her home and was unable to get back up to open the door to her carer. Shortly after arriving our crew gained entry, using small tools, and attended to the lady, assisting her up and to a place of comfort, so she could await the arrival of an ambulance to check her over.
- One fire appliance from Frome was sent to a report of a two year old child with a training toilet seat stuck on their head in a property at the above location.On arrival crews confirmed that this was the case and they were able to remove it from the little girl using small tools.
- A call was received stating there was a fire in a retail property on Stars Lane in Yeovil, so three appliances from Yeovil station were mobilised.On arrival crews confirmed a small fire in the shop, so set to work using breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet. One male person was rescued from the back room of the shop, no injuries were reported.The fire was confined to an electrical heater, which was damaged by fire, and caused light smoke damage to the rest of the room.
- Two cats die at house fire
- One fire appliance from Middlemoor and one from Danes Castle attended reports of a caravan on fire. Crews arrived on scene and confirmed the fire to be involving one caravan and one car. Crews put the fire out using two breathing apparatus sets and three hose reel jets. The cause of the fire was deliberate.
- Crews from Clapham and Brixton at the scene
- Over 550 people evacuate London hotel
- Second floor and roof gutted
- 1 fire appliance from Exeter Middlemoor and 2 from Exeter Danes Castle were mobilised to the above location to reports of a fire.On arrival, crews confirmed this to be a fire involving a large wooden storage shed.Crews set to work with 2 breathing apparatus wearers and 1 hose reel jet to attack the fire.The farmer assisted crews with a mechanical digger to expose hot spots and compressed air foam (CAF) was used to extinguish any found. The wooden shed was sever
Follow @firefighter_nws on Twitter!