- Part of a flat on the third floor of the building was damaged by fire
- Nine cars were completely damaged by fire
- Firefighters dealt with a burst water main at the Crooked Billet Roundabout
- Two women treated
- One woman was rescued by firefighters
- Warning to check smoke alarms are in working order
- Firefighters are urging people to take extra care with heaters in cold weather
- We’re warning people that playing with fire is not a game after a YouTube vlogger was filmed setting fire to a popular children’s toy.
- Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service and Gateshead Council Trading Standards are issuing a joint warning to people to ensure they only use the proper chargers whenever they charge their phones.
Their warning follows a house fire in Blaydon which was caused by a mobile phone overheating and causing the surface it was placed on to catch fire after it was connected to an incompatible USB plug.The phone had been left to charge in a bedroom, but within 20 minutes of the phone being connected to the
Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service retains title as UK's most LGBT-friendly blue light employer - Northwich GuardianNorthwich Guardian
Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service retains title as UK's most LGBT-friendly blue light employer
CHESHIRE Fire and Rescue Service has been named the most LGBT-friendly emergency service in the UK for the second year running. The service has rocketed into the top 10 of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) charity Stonewall's ...en meer »
- We're supporting Register My Appliance Day as part of out Total Recalls campaign
- Seventy-three people were killed and more than 400 injured in a blast that could be heard more than 100 miles away.
- via NewsHouseholders are being urged to join County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service (CDDFRS) and back ‘Register my appliance day’ on Thursday 19 January.
Appliance manufacturers have been reminding customers that they can instantly improve their home safety by taking a few minutes to register, free of charge, the white goods that they rely on every day.
CDDFRS is backing this sensible and simple precaution, to ensure that householders can be contacted swiftly if a safety repair
- A recycling plant in Gateshead was saved from serious damage thanks to a sprinkler system which activated after a fire broke out in the early morning of Monday, 16 January.
Two Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service crews from Swalwell and Gateshead were called to the waste management company's premises after a compactor bailing machine caught fire shortly after 5am. The fire was caused by tightly compacted waste spontaneously combusting.
The sprinkler system prevented the fire from spreading fur
- Public launch of Dubai’s SIRA features in power-packed conference line-up at Intersec 2017
The launch of Dubai’s Security Industry Regulatory Agency (SIRA) willfeature in a full conference programme at Intersec 2017, where leadingdecision makers will discuss a new law governing the Emirate’s securityindustry framework, guidelines and expectations.
The SIRA Forumtakes place on 24 January at the Dubai International Convention and...
- Caption: L-R, Cllr Nick Forbes and Watch Manager Dave SummersTyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service has added a new aerial ladder platform (ALP) vehicle to its fleet to improve safety for the public and firefighters.
The Bronto Skylift ALP is capable of reaching heights of up to 37m or 120ft, making it the fourth largest vehicle of its kind in the country and the largest in the North East region.
It has the ability to reach the parapets of all bridges in the Tyne and Wear area, as well as high ri
- The Fire Service were called to reports of a mains gas which had ruptured outside the main entrance to the hospital. Fire Control mobilised two appliances from Middlemoor and Danes Castle to attend this incident.Upon arrival crews confirmed one severed gas main, the area has been cordoned off, Wales & West Utilities are in attendance with second engineer enroute. Crews currently standing by at scene.
- <p>Eight appliances from Taunton, Wellington, Williton, Wiveliscombe and Nether Stowey with the water carrier from Bridgwater, the Incident Command Unit from Honiton and the High Volume Pump from Taunton were mobilised to reports of a thatch roof on fire at a pub in Combe Florey.</p><p>On arrival crews discovered one property with the thatch roof involved in fire. </p><p>16:12 - The Incident Commander made pumps twelve, further crews from Ti
- 3 fire appliances from Torquay and Paignton were mobilised following a report of a fire in a flat and it was believed, at the time of call, to be persons reported.However, after entering the flat with 2 BA wearers and 1 hose reel jet, crews confirmed all persons were accounted for and located the remains of a small fire, involving cushions, which was out on our arrival. After making the area and scene safe, duty of care was left with the Police. The fire had been started deliberat
- Eight appliances from Taunton, Wellington, Williton, Wiveliscombe and Nether Stowey with the water carrier from Bridgwater, the Incident Command Unit from Honiton and the High Volume Pump from Taunton were mobilised to reports of a thatch roof on fire at a pub in Combe Florey.On arrival crews discovered one property with the thatch roof involved in fire. 16:12 - The Incident Commander made pumps twelve, further crews from Tiverton, Dulverton and Minehead were mobilised.U
- Part of the first floor of the end of terraced house was damaged by fire
- Eight appliances from Taunton, Wellington, Williton, Wiviliscombe and Nether Stowey with the water carrier from Bridgwater, the incident command unit from Honiton and the high volume pump from Taunton were mobilised to reports of a thatch roof on fire at the above location. On arrival crews discovered one property with the thatch roof involved in the fire. 16:12 The incident commander has now made pumps twelve, Further crews from Tiverton, Dulverton and Minehead wer
- 3 fire appliances from Ilfracombe, Woolacombe and Braunton were mobilised following a call from staff reporting a fire in a plant room on a building site within the college grounds. Shortly after arriving and investigating crews located the fire within a boiler room, measuring 20m x 60m. Crews suspected that an Acetylene cylinder was involved and after further investigations confirmed 1 x Acetylene cylinder, 1 x Oxygen cylinder and a welding machine were involved in the
- Crews from Bovey Tracey, Moretonhampstead and Danes Castle were mobilised to reports of a property fire at the above location. On arrival crews discovered a fire in an oil burner in the utility room of the two storey property. Crews used four breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets, one safety jet, small tools, one triple extension ladder and one roof ladder to extinguish the fire.A plumber was then requested to drain down the heating system so crews could gain access to the padding be
- Belfast Telegraph
Firefighters tackle blaze at petrol station in Belfast
A Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said seven fire appliances were at the scene of the fire which had broken out at a service station. Share. Facebook · Twitter · Google · Email. Go To. Comments. Fire crews have managed to contain ...en meer »
- Firefighters stop it from spreading to surrounding buildings
- One appliance from Middlemoor was sent to reports of a rubbish lorry fire at the above location. On arrival crews discovered a fire involving refuse in the rear of the lorry.Crews extinguished this fire using one hose reel jet.
- Hospitals, private general practitioner offices, health centres and dental surgeries are all included in the three-year contract
Chubb Fire & Security Limited has secured a new contract to provide fire extinguisher maintenance services at more than 50 sites belonging to or managed by the Derbyshire Community Health Services (DCHS) NHS Foundation Trust. Chubb, a provider of security and fire-safety solutions, is a part...
- Two men taken to hospital
- No reports of any injuries
- Rittal’s Micro Data Centre and IT Security rooms to take centre stage at Intersec 2017
Rittal, a manufacturer of IT Racks and Datacentre solution provider continues to reinstate its strong presence in Middle East region with their certified high-quality, system-tested Physical Security systems for IT infrastructure, displayed and showcased on their innovation stand participation at Intersec 2017.
Products to take centre stage this year will be “Micro Data Centre and IT Security...
- Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service received a call reporting a campervan on fire at the above location. As the caller was questioned, it became apparent that the fire was spreading to the nearby house.Fire appliances from Greenbank and Crownhill were immediately mobilised. On the way to the incident, fire appliances stated there was thick black smoke in the area.On arrival, the incident commander confirmed one campervan well alight and spreading to an adjoining property. Firefi
- The Fire Service received reports of domestic smoke alarms activating within a property. Fire Control mobilised one appliance from Cullompton to attend this incident.Upon arrival crews confirmed there was a small fire which involved food, and had been left in the oven and was out on arrival. Two occupants were evacuated from the property by fire crews. Crews got to work to ventilate the property using positive pressure ventilation (PPV) fan.
- Five staff and around 40 others evacuate before the Brigade arrive
- Discovered by employees
- Six fire engines at the scene
- The Fire Service were called to a report of a thatched property with a chimney fire. Three fire appliances from Williton and Minehead were initially mobilised but only one appliance from Williton was required. On arrival crews confirmed no sign of fire but got to work with hearth kit checking for hotspots. The temperature of the chimney was monitored for a short while and then crews started making up equipment before leaving the scene.
- Eight fire engines called
- Paintings salvaged
- The Fire Service received a report of a domestic smoke alarm sounding at a premises at the above location.One appliance from Holsworthy attended. On arrival crews confirmed a small fire had occurred involving an electric heater. They also requested an ambulance as a precaution to check over an elderly female who was showing signs of smoke inhalation. The cause of the fire was accidental and the property suffered some smoke damage.These are the final details.
- Fire Control received a call from the occupant of a house where there were 2 children and an adult stuck on the top floor of the property unable to get out.2 fire engines from Crownhill and 1 from Plymstock were sent to this fire and on arrival confirmed that the fire was on the ground floor with 3 people stuck on the third floor of the 3 storey building. Crews immediately used a 135 ladder to rescue all 3 people through a dormer window of the property. At the same time all
- via NewsCounty Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service (CDDFRS) will begin a recruitment drive to select a new intake of wholetime firefighters on Tuesday 10 January.
Successful applicants will be deployed to watches at fire stations across County Durham and the borough of Darlington. CDDFRS covers an area of 2,500 square kilometres, 24-hours a day, 365 days a year.
There are several stages to the recruitment process. The first stage is a series of online assessments; initial submissions must be c
- The Fire Service received a call reporting a child accidentally locked inside a car at the above location. One fire appliance from Camels Head attended.Fire crews released one twenty-one month old boy, uninjured, from the car using small tools and returned to child to his mother.
- The Fire Service received a call reporting smoke issuing from a school classroom at the above location. Two fire appliances from Frome, one fire appliance from Radstock, Avon and one fire appliance from Paulton, Avon were mobilised.Upon arrival, fire crews confirmed a building being used as a classroom measuring twenty metres by ten metres with slight smoke logging. Using a thermal image camera, fire crews located a fire involving an electric heater which had cause slight h
- Thirty five firefighters called to the scene
- Get smoke alarms
- New figures released today show that fires caused by electrical heaters have resulted in a total of seven deaths and 162 injuries in the last five years.
- Smoke alarms and neighbour alert residents
- The Fire Service attended a Light Fitting Fire in the above area. Fire Appliances from Paignton and Torquay were mobilised to this incident.On arrival, crews confirmed a small fire in a Light Fitting had occurred but was out on the arrival of the Fire Service. Crews isolated the power supply to Light. The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.These are the full and final details.
Follow @firefighter_nws on Twitter!