Donegal teenager wins entrepreneur award with gender-neutral clothes
A Donegal teenager who set up a business designing and marketing gender-neutral clothes has won the Foróige Young Entrepreneur of the Year award. KT Clothing, set up by Katie McGloin (16), a transition-year student from Coláiste Mhaigh Éne in ...
How One Social Entrepreneur Hopes To Transform The Image Of The Bronx With A Bookstore
Being a successful social entrepreneur requires an extra dose of passion about both your company and your mission. Case in point: Noëlle Santos. Santos wants to start what would be the only bookstore in the Bronx, NY, and, in the process, change the ...
How This Latina Entrepreneur Got Goop, Rebecca Minkoff and Birchbox To Pay Attention To Her Brand - ForbesForbes
How This Latina Entrepreneur Got Goop, Rebecca Minkoff and Birchbox To Pay Attention To Her Brand
Francesca Kennedy's aha-moment is one I've written about before. For her, it all began with Lake Atitlan in Guatemala, a symbol of her childhood and later on in her life, the vision through which her entrepreneurial passions manifested. When she ...
- Can you ever remember a time when branding didn’t exist? Well, one man can. John Murphy believes he’s the brandfather; the brains behind the concept of branding. In his book, Brandfather: the Man Who Invented Branding, Murphy pens the story of his successful career and how he identified the process of ‘branding’ – a wordThe post Brandfather: a business tell-all that follows the evolution of a transcontinental branding agency appeared first on Growth Business.
- Grantham Journal
Grantham entrepreneur's FEED venture gives slice of profits to Oxfam
A young entrepreneur has successfully set up a business which is also helping a global charity. Daniel Taylor, 20, sells a range of clothing through a website with the logo FEED. Twenty per cent of profits go to Oxfam and already £500 has been raised ...
- Digital Journal
BirthdayPak Ranked A Top New Franchise By Entrepreneur Magazine
Franchising.com (press release)
March 30, 2017 // Franchising.com // Springfield, Pennsylvania - BirthdayPak was recently ranked in Entrepreneur magazine's Top New Franchises list. This list recognizes the top 100 companies that have been franchising for five years or less, based on ...
Premier Vapor & Lounge® Ranked a Top New Franchise by Entrepreneur MagazineYahoo Finance
sweetFrog Ranked a Top New Franchi
Merlin Kauffman, CEO of Soothe, is an EY Entrepreneur Of The Year¬ģ 2017 Greater Los Angeles semifinalist - Yahoo FinanceYahoo Finance
Merlin Kauffman, CEO of Soothe, is an EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2017 Greater Los Angeles semifinalist
LOS ANGELES, March 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Soothe (www.soothe.com) announces that its CEO Merlin Kauffman is a semifinalist for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2017 Greater Los Angeles Region Award (www.ey.com/us/eoy/greaterla).and more »
- If you’re like most entrepreneurs, growing your business is a round-the-clock gig. It’s passion, it’s commitment, it’s your baby. But for most start-ups, time is more precious than money, especially in the growth phase. Following that premise, serial entrepreneur Stephan Aarstol built an entire productivity-focussed work model for his business, Tower Paddle Boards, transforming it from a $3,000The post How a 5-hour workday could be your productivity secret
- When you’re in the middle of running your own company, time can be the most precious, scarce commodity you own. What you spend your time focussing and working on can make or break your success and it can often be hard to know what to turn your attention to. With the demands of keeping yourThe post 5 ways that delegating work can save you time and money appeared first on Growth Business.
- Bitcoin Entrepreneur Quizzed by UK Police Over Fighting ISIS in Syria
A 29-year-old man Bitcoin developer has said that he has been under police investigation for the last year after returning from Syria where he was fighting against the Islamic State. Iranian-British Amir Taaki is a self-taught software engineer who has ...and more »
- The Irish World Newspaper
Teen Spirit: Youth Entrepreneur 2017
The Irish World Newspaper
Teen Spirit Youth Entrepreneur 2017 2 of last year's entrants: “Mure”, Briquettes made from dried cow manure cousin creators, Clare Dolan and Linda Dolan, from Co. Leitrim. Pic. Robbie Reynolds ...and more »
- London, 30th March: Oracle Platinum Partner Inoapps (www.inoapps.com) has won the award for Database as a Service (DBaaS) Partner of the Year at the Oracle UK & Ireland Specialized Partner Awards 2017, held in Park Lane, London. Inoapps had been short-listed in an impressive five categories at the awards, more than any other partner this year.The Awards celebrate the vital relationship Oracle has with its Partners, recognising those who have demonstrated outstanding innovation, passion, comm
Students learn to be their own boss at entrepreneur workshop
OK2Grow hosts the Youth Entrepreneur Workshop and Young Entrepreneur Awards every year to inspire TPS students through career-based activities. “A lot of what entrepreneurship has to deal with is problem-solving and so exposing these students to ...and more »
- A look at the continuing efforts to beat the fraudsters who target the global fine wine market.
- South Wales Argus
City entrepreneur is spotted as 'one to watch'
South Wales Argus
AN ENTREPRENEUR from Newport has been selected by the Institute of Welsh Affairs as 'one to watch'. Laura-Emily Dunn, who is the director of LED Media, a Newport-based digital marketing and social media specialist, has been tipped as one of 30 ...
- In a year within its launch, global market and customer insights company Maru Group, acquired three portfolio companies and has over 400 employees working across the US, Canada and the UK. CEO Ged Parton speaks to GrowthBusiness on this rapid growth and what lies ahead for the company. What does your business do? Maru Group isThe post Phenomenal growth via acquisition: Maru Group appeared first on Growth Business.
How A New York Expat Gave Up Corporate To Become An Entrepreneur In The Tropics
What does it take to leave everything behind to pursue a dream? Ever since I left my corporate life in New York City to circumnavigate the globe by couch-surfing through my social network, I realized that I am not alone in my goal to live a life that ...
- BBC News
Bitcoin entrepreneur Amir Taaki quizzed over fighting in Syria - BBC ...
A London-based software developer and "hacker" has said he is under police investigation after going to Syria to fight against the Islamic State group.and more »
Young entrepreneur launches firm to find jobs for students and keep talent in North East - ChronicleLiveChronicleLive
Young entrepreneur launches firm to find jobs for students and keep talent in North East
A North East student is hoping to keep talented graduates in the region by launching a company that fixes up top undergraduates with jobs at local businesses. Smart Student Recruitment acts for businesses who are looking to hire students in a range of ...
- Daily Mail
Entrepreneur 'planned sham £50,000 wedding to his fiancée' | Daily ...
A food blogger bride-to-be discovered her entrepreneur fiancé was a wine scam fraudster who had duped suppliers at their lavish £50,000 wedding and bought ...and more »
Meet the fixer: This entrepreneur is diversifying cleantech.
Volt Energy does more than just finance and build green energy projects. A core tenet of Gilbert Campbell's company is to provide “ladders of opportunity” in cleantech for people of color, who are drastically underrepresented in the field (last year ...and more »
Tech entrepreneur relocates whole company to Bristol - based on the results of a spreadsheet - Bristol PostBristol Post
Tech entrepreneur relocates whole company to Bristol - based on the results of a spreadsheet
For Vinnie Morgan, the inverted “we're not in Kansas anymore” moment came as he walked along Welsh Back one morning, soon after arriving in Bristol a little over seven years ago. “I was walking along the side of the Floating Harbour and I saw a man ...
- The Courier
Entrepreneur to give insight on 'exciting' business journey
The entrepreneur has spent the past decade building Spark into a credible challenger brand in the domestic energy sector , which remains dominated by the Big Six utility companies. The Borders-based businessman has overseen Spark's strong growth to ...
- Financial Times
My Money: David Lloyd, health entrepreneur
David Lloyd, 69, is a former Wimbledon doubles semi-finalist, entrepreneur and all-round tennis advocate. Sample the FT's top stories for a week. You select the topic, we deliver the news. Select topic. Select topic, Top Stories, Brexit, US Election ...
Hale entrepreneur quits well-paid legal career ‚Äď to end the ‚Äúrigmarole‚ÄĚ of buying shirts - Altrincham TodayAltrincham Today
Hale entrepreneur quits well-paid legal career – to end the “rigmarole” of buying shirts
A Hale entrepreneur is hoping to reduce the “rigmarole” of buying work shirts after quitting a well-paid job as a Qatar-based lawyer. Christian McAleenan, 29, has launched a shirt subscription business called Christian Benedict that was borne out of ...
- From having a tough day at the office, to dipping sales or losing a valuable client – business owners face new challenges, disappointments and frustrations every day. Rising above the day-to-day pressures of running a business is difficult, and in the face of all of these pressures it can be difficult to stay motivated –The post From James Dyson to Alan Sugar: words of wisdom from business greats appeared first on Growth Business.
The Entrepreneur: School Lettings Solutions, Scott Warrington and Paul Andrews
Description in one line: SLS offers schools, academies and colleges a comprehensive management solution when it comes to hiring out their facilities to grassroots sports and community groups in need of affordable venues on evenings, weekends and in ...
- TV shows such as Dragons Den and their panel of business giants are inspiring a new generation of job seekers. A survey of 2,012 British adults published in the Careers on the Box report by Fletchers Solicitors reveals that more than one in four millennials have considered starting a business as a result of watching a TVThe post The top 5 TV shows to inspire your business appeared first on Growth Business.
- While the rest of the world has been shouting about its entrepreneurial heroes and burgeoning finance infrastructure, Israel’s best and brightest have been quietly plugging away, starting up businesses that have gone on to become household names. Companies like Playtech or EZbob seem quintessentially British, but they’re both Israeli start-ups that have successfully grown and become a coreThe post Why Israel is now the scale-up nation of the world appeared first on Gro
- Britons are relishing the opportunity to work and be financially independent. The latest ONS statistics show that unemployment in the UK has fallen to its lowest rate since 1975, while employment levels have risen to a record high, now at more than 31 million. This growth has been propelled by a leap in self-employment. TheThe post Why the UK labour market is seeing a boost in confidence appeared first on Growth Business.
- Insider Media
Entrepreneur reaches new heights with drone business
An entrepreneur has launched a drone business at the North East Business and Innovation Centre (BIC) after being made redundant late last year. Colin Young from Sunderland has a passion for photography and was considering starting his own company ...
Houston entrepreneur joins Trump round-table to promote women in business
WASHINGTON – Dyan Medina Gibbens, co-founder of Trumbull Unmanned, a Houston-based company that flies unmanned aerial vehicles for the oil and gas industry, was one of 10 female entrepreneurs to meet with President Donald Trump Monday to ...and more »
Dare To Try Again: Confessions Of A Serial Entrepreneur
It was May 2016 and there I was again, deciding whether I wanted to take the plunge. Did I want to go through the emotional roller coaster, the bone-crushing uncertainty, the crazy work schedule that is starting a new venture...again? Well, that's a ...
- Start @SG: Entrepreneur First S'pore programme
The Straits Times
Entrepreneur First has completed its first Singapore programme, which was capped off by an event last Tuesday that saw 12 teams pitch to investors. The London-based company builder runs a programme bringing individuals with technical skills together to ...
- Entrepreneur Wall of Fame Award winners announced
Rochester Business Journal
The Rochester Professional Consultants Network has announced its 2017 Entrepreneur Wall of Fame Award winners, honoring some of the region's most successful consultants and their roles in impacting the economic development of the Rochester area.
Beauty editor who struggled to find a foundation to suit her skin tone creates an app that uses a selfie to match ... - Daily MailDaily Mail
Beauty editor who struggled to find a foundation to suit her skin tone creates an app that uses a selfie to match ...
A beauty editor who struggled to find the right foundation shade for her skin has created an app matching women with their perfect makeup. Jamila Robertson, 30, from London, devised Slapp after becoming frustrated with the lack of choice on offer for ...
- The Mercury News
Entrepreneur Sukhinder Singh Cassidy on backing other women's success
The Mercury News
Sukhinder Singh Cassidy, founder and chairman of Joyus and founder of theBoardlist. (Courtesy of Sukhinder Singh Cassidy). Sukhinder Singh Cassidy, Atherton. Why you want to know her: Sukhinder Singh Cassidy is at the forefront of bringing more women ...
The Plight of the Public Sector Entrepreneur
Commercializing federally-funded R&D is already tough— now some want to make it even harder. Tornado and Businessman Being an entrepreneur isn't easy. They have to fight against formidable odds to turn ideas into products. While that's a tough road ...
Entrepreneur: Phil Rechtzigel of All Rodent Control
All Rodent Control owner Phil Rechtzigel checks a live mouse trap outside of a residence being renovated Friday, March 24, 2017, in Rochester. prev. next. ×. 6 remaining of 7. Support local journalism. Subscribe today. Phil Rechtzigel of All Rodent ...and more »
- Fashion Blogger Freddie Harrel Takes Us Inside Her Geneva Home
Elle UK Magazine
Parisian-born blogger, confidence coach and owner of Instagram's most loved smile Frederique Harrel, aka Freddie, 28, has had a life altering 12 months. She has moved from London to Geneva with trader husband Tom, soft launched her own brand of hair ...
The teenage quail egg entrepreneur from mid Wales with big ...
David Vaughan from mid Wales plans to ramp up his farm to accommodate 10000 birds to sell quail eggs UK-wide.and more »
- Small Business Trends
Why You Should Always Talk to Strangers as an Entrepreneur
Small Business Trends
When I was a kid, my parents told me “you should never talk to strangers.” While this was a common refrain among parents worried about the safety of their kids, it is a very bad life philosophy to learn, particularly if you want to become an ...
- The Courier
Dundee entrepreneur to showcase technological vision to ...
Steve MacDougall, Courier, Gleneagles Hotel, by Auchterarder. Entrepreneurial Scotland event. Pictured, Chris van der Kuyl (chairman of Entrepreneurial ...and more »
- Disrupt Africa
Ugandan entrepreneur wins Pitch@Palace event
Ugandan entrepreneur Brian Turyabagye has won a special Pitch@Palace Africa event hosted by HRH The Duke of York at St James's Palace in London. The Prince Andrew Charitable Trust set up Pitch@Palace to support His Royal Highness's work with ...
- Barking and Dagenham Post
Dagenham entrepreneur shares her recipe for success
Barking and Dagenham Post
A young grandmother is cooking up a storm as she gives rise to the next strand of her party empire. Share article from Barking and Dagenham Post on facebook · Tweet article from Barking and Dagenham Post · Share article from Barking and Dagenham Post ...
- Khalil Rafati beat his heroin and crack cocaine addiction and went on to become a health food millionaire.
Utah youth entrepreneur students get chance to present ideas to investors
SANDY, Utah (ABC4 News) Several Utah students are getting a chance to present their own business ideas and during the annual Investor Panel Shark Tank Event being held at Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy. The students are all part of the Sandy Area ...
- Tuscaloosa News
Young entrepreneur to open third business
At just 24 years old, Matt Tanner is preparing to run his third business in Tuscaloosa. He already owns franchises of Auntie Anne's Pretzels in University Mall and Tropical Smoothie Cafe in Midtown Village. He recently bought the former Tut Place's ...and more »
- Emporia Entrepreneur Challenge's next round is inching closer.
Emporia Entrepreneur Challenge's next round is only a week away from the semi-final round. This marks the 4th year that FTHC's and ESU have co-sponsored the business startup competition. Jeff Muldoon, Assistant Professor of Management in ESU's ...
'Shark Tank' investor Daymond John is building an entrepreneur hub in a 14-story New York high-rise - Business InsiderBusiness Insider
'Shark Tank' investor Daymond John is building an entrepreneur hub in a 14-story New York high-rise
In early February, Daymond John was preparing to launch his latest company, his spin on a coworking space he named Blueprint + co. He's looking to the future: Going forward, the business could allow the Shark Tank investor to leverage the influence he ...and more »
Follow @EntrepreneurUK_ on Twitter!