4 Signs You Have What It Takes To Become An Entrepreneur
This is a massive statistic for an aspiring entrepreneur to overcome. It's not an undertaking one should enter lightly, and it's not for the faint of heart. Giphy Embed. Giphy. Although countless people aspire to be entrepreneurs and own their own ...
- Interior design entrepreneur stayed smart to ride out the tough times
The Times (subscription)
When Arlene McIntyre arrived in Ireland more than 20 years ago, setting up one of the country's best known interior design practices wasn't at the top of her priority list. It wasn't even on her radar. Her main goal was to lose her accent. Born and ...
- the Irish News
Entrepreneur accelerator network in Belfast sparks 160 start-ups
the Irish News
ENTREPRENEURIAL Spark, the world's largest free business accelerator network, has provided opportunities to almost 160 early stage and scale-up businesses in Northern Ireland since it started in Belfast a year ago. And entrepreneurs at its Belfast hub ...
- Marcin Czyza founded a platform connected disappointed “remoaners” and European businesses seeking candidates with UK experience. The accelerated growth of this talent search platform may foretell a brain drain for the UK. Following Theresa May’s highly anticipated speech about Brexit negotiations, the Prime Minister declared “no deal is better than a bad deal”, and re-iterated herThe post Expatexit.com predicts UK’s impending brain drain appeared f
- Liverpool Echo
Tech savvy teen entrepreneur from Widnes wins Manchester start-up support bid
A trailblazing young entrepreneur from Widnes has shared insights with professionals at a business start-up event in Manchester. Lydia Jones, 17, of Cronton, was the youngest in the room but did not let her age hold her back having been asked by a ...
- Management Today
Meet the entrepreneur inspired by helping former sex workers
Maya Gura started her gig-economy beauty business MissBeez to help women who want to work but struggle to find the opportunities. by Andrew Saunders. Share0 Tweet0 Share0 Email0. Published: 12 hours ago. Last Updated: 12 hours ago. Also in: ...
- The Drinks Business
Malaysian entrepreneur makes white coffee wine
The Drinks Business
A Malaysian businessman is making a coffee flavoured red wine and says he wants to make it a national drink for Malaysia. The 'Rozells Ipoh White Coffee Wine' is a blend of 97% wine – 50% Malbec and 50% Cabernet Sauvignon – and 3% white coffee ...
- Fast Company
Your 90-Day Plan To Becoming An Entrepreneur
Here are some things you can do this month and even this week in order to launch your company this quarter. Your 90-Day Plan To Becoming An Entrepreneur. [Photo: m-gucci/iStock]. More from Hit The Ground Running · This Google Expert's Top SEO Tips ...
- Insider Media
Successful entrepreneur joins Time Out Group
One of the North West's most successful entrepreneurs has joined the board of multi-channel media company Time Out Group. Matthew Riley (pictured), the founder and chairman of the Daisy Group of companies, has been appointed as non-executive ...and more »
Trump could tap tech entrepreneur Peter Thiel for Germany job: Report
Peter Thiel, co-founder of PayPal and venture capitalist, leaves an elevator at Trump Tower, November 16, 2016 in New York City. President-elect Donald Trump and his transition team are in the process of filling cabinet positions for the new ...and more »
- Daily Mail
Bondi entrepreneur earns nearly $10000 as Uber driver
After earning nearly $10,000 in two months as an Uber driver, Jordan Marchant is enjoying the sweet taste of success that's helped him launch his ice-cream business. The 35-year-old entrepreneur only opened the doors of 'Whip It Good' three weeks ago, ...
- Yahoo News
Why This Entrepreneur Is Attending the Trump Inauguration
In 2017, protesting the presidential inauguration is just as fashionable as attending it if not more so. President-elect Donald Trump has struggled to convince artists to perform at his ceremony, dozens of Democratic lawmakers will be skipping the ...and more »
- Yahoo Finance UK
$9 billion financial startup Stripe just hired Obama's entrepreneur expert
Yahoo Finance UK
Stripe, San Francisco's $9 billion payments startup, has hired Sarah Heck, Director of Global Engagement at the White House, currently serving as President Obama's lead advisor on global entrepreneurship. In her new role, beginning in February, Heck ...and more »
Lessons From A Reality-Show 'Master': Every Entrepreneur Should Copy These 5 Strategies For Success - ForbesForbes
Lessons From A Reality-Show 'Master': Every Entrepreneur Should Copy These 5 Strategies For Success
Nelson is perhaps best known as the lively host of the hit Animal Planet show Treehouse Masters, now in its seventh season. Before (literally) building a treehouse empire, Nelson considered himself equal parts entrepreneur and hobbyist. “Building ...
- Yahoo Finance UK
Weed Entrepreneur Dreams Up a 100-Story Skyscraper to Grow Food
Yahoo Finance UK
Flowering marijuana plants grow at Smokey Point Productions, a recreational cannabis producer, in Arlington, Washington on Thursday, January 12, 2017. As automation at growing facilities improves, retail cannabis prices are falling. Photographer: David ...and more »
- The Battlefords News-Optimist
American entrepreneur offers time-management tools
The Battlefords News-Optimist
Arlin Sorensen, an Iowa-based entrepreneur, was the guest speaker this week for the Battlefords Chamber of Commerce on Wednesday and Thursday as he spread his message about business principles and time management. Photo by John Cairns.and more »
The Entrepreneur: Glenn Elliott, Reward Gateway
He's the founder who's "making the world a happier place to work" and has built a £170m company. Read Elliott's views on VCs, red tape, and staffing. by Glenn Elliott. Updated: Jan 19, 2017 Published: Jan 19, 2017. The Entrepreneur: Glenn Elliott ...
- Denbighshire Free Press
- Win a mentoring masterclass with leading Welsh entrepreneur ...
Denbighshire Free Press
Would you like to meet one of Wales' leading entrepreneurs to gain their valuable insight about growing a successful business? Enter the Business Wales ...and more »
BirthdayPak Ranked Among The Franchise Elite In Entrepreneur's Esteemed 38th Annual Franchise 500® - Franchising.com (press release)Chillicothe Gazette
BirthdayPak Ranked Among The Franchise Elite In Entrepreneur's Esteemed 38th Annual Franchise 500®
Franchising.com (press release)
January 19, 2017 // Franchising.com // Springfield, PA – BirthdayPak was recently ranked in Entrepreneur magazine's Franchise 500®, the world's first, best and most comprehensive franchise ranking. Recognized by entrepreneurs and franchisors as a top ...
Spring-Green Lawn Care Named Among Entrepreneur's 2017 Franchise 500PR Web
- Daily Mail
Lauren Goodger takes £300 of free items from entrepreneur
TOWIE star Lauren Goodger has been accused of pilfering products and backing out of a deal by a budding entrepreneur. Lucy Jones, a cushion designer, has accused the reality TV star of failing to honour a deal which saw her gift six custom-made ...and more »
The Entrepreneur's Questionnaire: On the Move With Shyp's Kevin Gibbon
For many, 2016 was a year to forget. Not so for Shyp. The logistics company hired its first COO in the spring. It opened its doors to businesses in need of hassle-free logistics (what company isn't?). And it recently launched a comparison tool that ...
Weed Entrepreneur Dreams Up a 100-Story Skyscraper to Grow Food
Byrd's vision of skyscraper farms to feed city dwellers begins with a much different kind of crop: marijuana. Rick Byrd. Photographer: Ben Draper via Rick Byrd. The 45-year-old is chief executive officer and founder of Pure Agrobusiness Inc., a company ...and more »
- The Memo
How To Boss It Like… Sally Gunnell OBE, Olympian & entrepreneur ...
These leaders are changing our world for the better. We find out how they get the job done. There are a handful of business leaders and industry figures in ...and more »
- Rhyl Journal
Win a mentoring masterclass with leading Welsh entrepreneur, Laura Tenison MBE
Win a mentoring masterclass with leading Welsh entrepreneur, Laura Tenison MBE, courtesy of Business Wales. To coincide with 'National Mentoring Month', Business Wales, the Welsh Government's business support service that assists aspiring ...and more »
- South China Morning Post
Hong Hong needs to join the world of the truly modern entrepreneur ...
South China Morning Post
Unless they make a serious commitment that represents broad industrial policy, government will be limited to staging conventions that sound like tourism ...and more »
Hong Hong needs to join the world of the truly modern entrepreneur – and the government isn't helping - South China Morning PostSouth China Morning Post
Hong Hong needs to join the world of the truly modern entrepreneur – and the government isn't helping
South China Morning Post
This is a time of great change, upheaval of norms and establishment status quo dissolution. But there's one steadfast member of the elite that the world can rely on to never change, no matter how the facts around it change: and that's the Hong Kong ...and more »
- GB Marketing what does it mean to be an entrepreneur? | Latest ...
Not many people understand what it is to be an entrepreneur. However, Cardiff-based sales and marketing firm GB Marketing Enterprise, have explained what it ...and more »
- The Bolton News
PICTURES: Young entrepreneur's new £200,000 American-themed ...
The Bolton News
A YOUNG entrepreneur sampled 1200 burgers during a 12-month quest to ensure the beef on offer at a new American-themed diner is the best in…and more »
- The Bolton News
PICTURES: Young entrepreneur's new £200000 American-themed burger bar
The Bolton News
A YOUNG entrepreneur sampled 1,200 burgers during a 12-month quest to ensure the beef on offer at a new American-themed diner is the best in Bolton. Aged only 24, Umar Mukhtar has spent £200,000 bringing a slice of Hollywood to Halliwell Road in the ...and more »
How Bike Racing Changed This Entrepreneur's Perspective on Business
Doug Zell and his wife founded Intelligentsia coffee in his parent's basement, growing the company from a small storefront café to a booming wholesaler with $12 million in sales annually. The brand established its own fair trade standards, bypassing ...
- A growing number of snake farms are being set up in Kenya to attract paying visitors and breed snakes for export to Europe and North America.
Wonder Where To Donate In A Humanitarian Crisis? This Entrepreneur Can Tell You
How many times have you wanted to give some money to help solve a crisis somewhere in the world but didn't simply because you didn't know to whom to give the money? The problem wasn't likely that you didn't have some candidates; more likely, you ...
How This Social Entrepreneur Is Moving Haiti Away From Aid Toward Trade
The international development community learned decades ago that when relief organizations bring in donated goods that are distributed for free to people in need, one of the outcomes is often the death of local businesses that provided those goods.
- The Sun
Anthea Turner is spotted with former Dragons' Den entrepreneur ex ...
ANTHEA Turner has been pictured with her ex and former Dragons' Den star Richard Farleigh, just three months after she split from multi-millionaire boyfriend ...and more »
- Studies into human communication reveals that only 7 per cent of any communication is conveyed though actual words; 93 per cent are conveyed nonverbally, through facial expressions, posture and tone. Horse whispering is all about communicating using non-verbal cues and body language. Trainers believe horses are as unique as individuals, so it’s easy to extrapolate this form ofThe post 4 leadership lessons from horse whispering appeared first on Growth Business.
Weed entrepreneur brings in over $1 million a year running 'bud and breakfast' hotels
Joel Schneider had a long and successful career as a lawyer on Wall Street. "I practiced law for 30 years and hated it." So once his kids graduated from college, he decided to pursue his passion: Pot. Now he runs three Bud+Breakfast hotels in Colorado.
- Wall Street Journal
Fragrance Entrepreneur Jo Malone on Miley Cyrus
Wall Street Journal
Jo Malone, 53, is the London-based founder of Jo Loves, a fragrance brand. She is the author of “Jo Malone: My Story” (Simon & Schuster). She spoke with Marc Myers. In 1999, I sold the fragrance company I had started in my kitchen 11 years earlier ...
- This time of year offers a good opportunity to step back from business for a few days and take stock. How did the year compare to our plans and projections? And if things worked out differently, what can we learn from them? I’ve asked myself these kinds of questions in Januarys past, and I’m happyThe post Conrad Ford: My management resolutions for 2017 appeared first on Growth Business.
- The Guardian
I gave up medicine to make a real difference as an entrepreneur
'I spent a year trying to convince IT directors to develop something. But they weren't doing it at the scale and pace that I wanted. So I did it myself.' Photograph: Ezra Bailey/Getty Images. Supported by BROTHER UK LTD About this content · Emma Sheppard.
- Evening Telegraph
Dundee entrepreneur sets up his latest business — at the age of 81
Watt Nicoll is preparing to launch his new company 'The Toddy Man' at Scotland's Fine Food Show at the SECC on January 22. The octogenarian has already successfully filled a number of roles during his lifetime — including boy piping champion, ...
- CFA Institute Enterprising Investor (blog)
Working Forever: How to Advise Entrepreneur Clients
CFA Institute Enterprising Investor (blog)
Though Roberts has worn many hats during her long career, that of an entrepreneur is the one closest to her heart. Not only has she started, managed, and sold several businesses, she has also spent many years consulting with entrepreneurs — helping ...
- Imagine this: you’re working on a big project with a tight deadline. A member of your team breaks the news: the project has derailed. What’s your next step? Do you jump in to save the day? Do you tell people what to do to fix the issue? Or do you assess how everyone is feeling first? Your answer might helpThe post A pace-setter or nurturer: what’s your leadership style? appeared first on Growth Business.
- Renewable energy is trending: thanks to governmental targets to reduce carbon emissions and many big businesses embracing environmental responsibility, many renewable sources are frequently overtaking their traditional cousin, fossil fuels. But while solar, wind and wave technologies are well known, there are plenty of other innovative energy solutions being used by businesses around the world.The post The world’s most innovative renewable energy sources revealed appeared first on Growth B
- With technology that can improve itself every 20 minutes, LoopMe works with eight of the top 10 global brands to use artificial intelligence and big data to improve brand advertising efforts. Stephen Upstone, chair of the UK Mobile Marketing Association’s Advisory Board and founder of LoopMe, talks about starting up, making it in the New York, and pushing for progressThe post Artificial intelligence and business transformation: LoopMe appeared first on Growth Busin
- While CEOs around the world feel they have plenty to worry about in the year ahead, their confidence in their own growth prospects and their outlook for the global economy are back on the rise. This according to PwC 20th annual survey of CEOs worldwide. In 2016, 35 per cent of CEOs were very confident aboutThe post UK CEOs confident despite rocky economic outlook appeared first on Growth Business.
The 12 Year Old Entrepreneur That Will Take Global Tech & The World By Storm
Although he hasn't co-founded a tech company yet, he and his parents know it's only a matter of time. 'Knowing' is often that priceless quality in an entrepreneur that is so difficult to nurture later in life. The first of many businesses—serial ...
Emerging design entrepreneur toasts successful first year for Teesside clothing startup
South Tees-based clothing startup Bread & Butter Threads has revealed a strong first year in business. Based in South Tees Business Centre, the business turned over £53k in its first eleven months and secured an impressive one thousand orders during ...
- International Entrepreneur Final Rule under review
In August 2016 US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) proposed a new rule which would allow "certain international entrepreneurs to be considered for parole (temporary permission to be in the United States) so that they may start or scale ...
Entrepreneur: 'My path unfolded right in front of me'
Luke Austin, of Rochester, floats in a high-salt water isolation tank Tuesday, Oct. 11, 2016, at Nalu Float in Rochester. prev. next. ×. 6 remaining of 7. Support local journalism. Subscribe today. Nalu Float. 1423 Fifth Ave. NE, Rochester. 529-1012 ...
- Irish Times
Nominations for EY Entrepreneur of the Year open
Nominations for the EY Entrepreneur of the Year opened on Monday. The theme of this year's programme is “Leading through Change” and sectors and businesses of all sizes are invited to submit their nominations, which will close on February 22nd. The 24 ...
Follow @EntrepreneurUK_ on Twitter!