- In last week’s Autumn Statement, the first since the Brexit vote, Chancellor Phillip Hammond has committed £400m of venture capital in an effort to provide additional resources and opportunities for home-grown VCs to invest in the most exciting businesses in the UK. The aim is to keep these fast-growth businesses in the UK, rather than sending themThe post The UK start-up culture and why it needs to be cultivated appeared first on Growth Business.
- Over 700 million people around the world are in dire need of eye care but currently don’t have access to it. Ethical inventors Owen Reading, David Crosby, Richard Taylor and Greg Storey, have invented what could be the answer the global eye care problem: auto-adjusting smart glasses to bring near-perfect vision to those with eyesight issues. TheThe post Smart glasses set to revolutionise eye care appeared first on Growth Business.
- How Chris Gardner went from sleeping rough with his young son on the floor of a public toilet to the life of a multi-millionaire investor.
Is it too late to be a writer or entrepreneur?
He was definitely too old. Everyone told him he was too old. Publishers hated him. He tried year after year. He was getting tired. It was harder to get up in the morning. He hated his job. Maybe he hated his life. He was stuck. He was getting frustrated.
North Wales awards for squirrel pâté entrepreneur and Britain's youngest dog trainer - Daily Post North WalesDaily Post North Wales
North Wales awards for squirrel pâté entrepreneur and Britain's youngest dog trainer
Daily Post North Wales
Over the past 12 months land-based students across North Wales have shown they will be a real force to be reckoned with in Britain's post-Brexit economy. Students at Glynllifon, Llysfasi and Northop swept the board in this year's Lantra's Learner of ...
Now is the best time to be an entrepreneur in Europe
“Now is the best time in history to be an entrepreneur in Europe.” That is one of the banner conclusions from a new report, The State of European Tech, published today by VC firm Atomico and Slush, the organisation behind of the Finnish tech conference ...
- Crux: Covering all things Catholic
Pope Francis, an entrepreneur who invests in the poor
Crux: Covering all things Catholic
Inspired by Pope Francis, Fortune 500 business leaders and leading influencers from the TIME 100 are gathering at the Vatican to consider how to create global growth that better benefits the poor. An expert at the Catholic University of America who ...and more »
- Rugeley entrepreneur drives forward with expansion
RUGELEY entrepreneur Craig Niven is doubling the size of his Staffordshire Car Care premises after revving up business success. The firm has moved into an 800 sq ft unit on Lea Hall Enterprise Park, to keep up with demand for its bespoke car cleaning ...
South African entrepreneur invents dolls that celebrate African culture
Watch out, Barbie, there's a new doll in town. A South African entrepreneur has come up with a range of African dolls, each celebrating a different African culture. CCTV's Julie Scheier got to check them out. Follow Julie Scheier on Twitter @juliescheier.and more »
- Foster's Daily Democrat
Patrick McGinnis: The 10% Entrepreneur
Foster's Daily Democrat
Author Patrick McGinnis, a Sanford native, discusses his new book, "The 10% Entreprenuer," at an event in Washington, D.C. earlier this year. COURTESY PHOTO. Friday. Posted Dec 2, 2016 at 3:04 PM. Share. By Shawn P. SullivanSanford News Editor.
Crouch End: Photography entrepreneur 'thrilled' at Leadership Award - Hampstead and Highgate ExpressCrouch End: Photography entrepreneur 'thrilled' at Leadership Award
Hampstead and Highgate Express
Marice Cumber has been named Social Entrepreneur of the Year 2016 at the prestigious Leadership Awards ceremony held at the Mayfair Hotel. Share article from Ham&High on facebook. Tweet article from Ham&High. Share article from Ham&High on ...
4 Business Lessons From A 26-Year-Old Millionaire Entrepreneur
Sam Ovens isn't your typical entrepreneur. He doesn't have decades of experience in Corporate America and certainly didn't strike it rich right out of the gates. He's only 26 years old and has experienced enough failure to last a lifetime – but he's ...
How to make it as a serial entrepreneur | GreenBiz
The keys to startup success start with being generous and learning to code.
Lessons from a Serial Entrepreneur on Sustainable Business ...Justmeansall 2 news articles »
- Bella Naija
Debby Osa: Focus & the Budding Entrepreneur
dreamstime_m_52864104 Some years ago, I started my own business. Prior to that, I had had a two year stint where I didn't do any major thing – career wise – because I was heavily involved in altruistic projects. Towards the end of that period, I ...
This London tech entrepreneur has been picked to advise Arnold Schwarzenegger on The Celebrity Apprentice - City A.M.City A.M.
This London tech entrepreneur has been picked to advise Arnold Schwarzenegger on The Celebrity Apprentice
I am City A.M.'s digital editor. Having previously worked at Property Week and M [..] Show more. Follow Emma. Body Builders Compete at Muscle Beach. Arnie began his bodybuilding career in LA (Source: Getty). Emma Haslett. A London-based fintech ...and more »
- Balmoral's Jim Milne crowned entrepreneur of the year
Multimillionaire Aberdeen businessman Jim Milne has added to an already impressive haul of honours by winning Entrepreneurial Scotland's entrepreneur of the year title. Mr Milne, founder and chairman of engineering company Balmoral Group, has won ...
- Barry and District News
Barry Island dad wins Entrepreneur Wales Awards
Barry and District News
A BARRY Island dad-of-two has been recognised as a leading businessman at the Entrepreneur Wales Awards. Russell Pearce, who founded the Neath-based professional car valeting business Grove Autocare, accepted the honour at the Principality ...
- Sibling entrepreneurs, Anna Frankowska and Andrzej Frankowski decided to ditch the nine-to-five life and follow their passion for parties after discovering a gap in the market. Out in London one night, Anna realised that there really isn’t app specifically for the party circuit in London, intuitively connecting partygoers to the places to be in real-time, so that noThe post From investment banking to undercover party promotions appeared first on Growth Business.
- Oracle Platinum Partner Certus Solutions [www.certus-solutions.com] has appointed Richard Summerfield as a Non-Executive Director. Richard is currently the Group HR Director at global telecoms provider JT [Jersey Telecom], an Oracle HCM customer of Certus-Solutions since 2015. JT is also currently using Certus-Solutions’ 'engage® Business Support Services’.Richard has over 20 years of corporate HR leadership experience, the last six as a member of JT's management board. Previousl
- In this day and age, start-ups are not only ubiquitous but also constantly expected to justify their funding and meet investors’ expectations as early as a few months in. My company did not follow that model. I started Paessler on my own back in 1997. It has since grown to include 160 employees worldwide, servingThe post Tips from the top: Bend but don’t break to stimulate growth for your business appeared first on Growth Business.
- The Guardian
Gift guide: what to buy the entrepreneur in your life for Christmas
Christmas is coming: is your entrepreneur a gadget addict, in need of some down time, or an adrenalin junkie? Photograph: Christopher Thomond for the Guardian. Emma Sheppard and Emma Featherstone. Thursday 1 December 2016 02.20 EST. Share on ...
Krawcheck: It's Harder to Be an Entrepreneur Than Run Merrill Lynch
Many founders will tell you that being an entrepreneur is hard work, but when a woman who was once one of the most powerful people on Wall Street says it's ...and more »
- Why one farmer in south-east England uses 10 alpacas to protect his 24,000 free-range turkeys from foxes.
- For many businesses Christmas is their busiest time of the year, the BBC's Elizabeth Hotson takes a look at how some are preparing.
Oil services veteran wins Entrepreneur of the Year award after achieving global success - Herald ScotlandHerald Scotland
Oil services veteran wins Entrepreneur of the Year award after achieving global success
JAMES Milne, founder of the Balmoral oil services group, was last night named Entrepreneur of the Year at a flagship awards ceremony in Glasgow. Mr Milne won recognition for the part he has played in growing Balmoral into a global provider of design ...
Balmoral Group founder Jim Milne named Entrepreneur of the YearScottish Daily Recordall 3 news articles »
- Toronto Star
Toronto technology entrepreneur's New Brunswick mansion still up for sale
Realtor says Lorne Abony's $9.64 million dollar house may take six years or more to sell. Multimillionaire Toronto technology entrepreneur Lorne Abony is selling his property on Lake Utopia, New Brunswick, which includes the main house, shown here, two ...and more »
A Reminder From This Latina Entrepreneur To All Creatives: Put A Price On Your Work
Before Emma Ramos created her own Latino-focused web series, “BUTS,” she was the Founder and Director of Radio Sinaloa, Cultural Public Radio in Mexico. Her eventual jump into a more creative role came after a push from a mentor who encouraged her ...
Chinese Entrepreneur Spends $145K on Plastic Surgery To Look Like Jack Ma
A young Chinese man reportedly underwent an expensive surgical procedure not to become a Chinese heartthrob or a Hollywood celebrity, but to make himself look like one of China's most notable business tycoons. 1. Huang Jian, who hails from Shenzhen, ...and more »
- The Advocate
5 Life Lessons Every Entrepreneur Must Learn
The faster you learn these five tips, the quicker you will be on the road to success. Andre Bourque. Published 1:30 pm, Wednesday, November 30, 2016. Photo: Shutterstock. Image 1of/1. Caption. Close. Image 1 of 1. Photo: Shutterstock. 5 Life Lessons ...and more »
- Prolific North
Manchester entrepreneur promises perfect proposal
A Manchester entrepreneur is giving couples the chance to remember their special moment forever with a new service promising the perfect marriage proposal. Captured Proposals offers a discreet and bespoke service to people looking to take the next step ...
How a banker-turned-entrepreneur is serving an overlooked ...
When Jose Galindo, a banker in San Francisco, turned 30 years old, he began reassessing his career by reflecting on his childhood. While he was growing up in ...and more »
- Nottingham Post
Meet the UK's best young entrepreneur - from Nottingham
The founder of two businesses aimed at flood protection and enhancing the digital presence of industrial companies has been named the country's young entrepreneur of the year. Simon Crowther received the honour at the Great British Entrepreneur Awards ...
- Financial Planning
A warning from a former robo advice entrepreneur
Some jobs aren't coming back. Others may soon be on the chopping block. I have personally aggravated this problem. Over the last seven years, I had been a robo advice entrepreneur building software that allows regular people to invest online at much ...
- The Hindu
A chance to become an entrepreneur
For nine years, Bhaskar Yadav worked in the administration department of various multinational companies in the Capital. Cooped up in office for 13-14 hours a day, he often wondered “why he was working so hard for someone else to keep their clients and ...
Serial funds entrepreneur Beckwith unveils multi-asset business
Serial fund management entrepreneur Sir John Beckwith has announced the launch of his latest venture, the multi asset investor Pacific Asset Management (PAM). The co-founder of Thames River, River & Mercantile, Liontrust et al, which altogether now run ...and more »
Young entrepreneur from Almondsbury wins national award for online start-up business - Gazette SeriesGazette Series
Young entrepreneur from Almondsbury wins national award for online start-up business
AN ONLINE office furniture store set up by a young entrepreneur from Almondsbury has won a national award. Paul Randall's firm has been recognised by the Online Business Awards (OBA) – winning the Office Equipment, Supplies and Furniture category.
- TechSPARK (blog)
Guest blog: What makes an entrepreneur?
The stereotypical entrepreneur is white, male, middle-class and middle-aged. One theory suggests that it's these guys who can get away with taking big risks. They've got the money, the reputation, and they don't stand out in a crowd. But surely others ...
- For the past thirty years or more the MBA has stood as the badge of entry into the wider, established business community and many successful leaders have used it as a springboard for corporate success. The MBA has enabled many engineers or accountants to make the transition into the higher echelons of corporate leadership and exclusiveThe post Is a Master of Fine Arts the new MBA? appeared first on Growth Business.
- When Farida Gibbs set up Gibbs S3, the concept of a hybrid workforce solutions company didn’t even exist. After years of experience in recruitment, Gibbs saw an opportunity to do more with less red tape and unnecessary processes. Using her redundancy packet as capital, Gibbs built a customer-focused digital business helping FTSE 100 firms attract andThe post A customer-first approach to HR: Gibbs S3 appeared first on Growth Business.
- Digital Health
Frank Hester named entrepreneur of the year
Frank Hester, chief executive of TPP, has been named entrepreneur of the year at the Lloyds National Business Awards. The founder of the clinical software supplier was praised by the judges, who said: “Judges were particularly impressed with Frank's ...
How Mixed Martial Arts Helped This Utah Entrepreneur Succeed
NEW YORK, NY – NOVEMBER 12: Yoel Romero of Cuba (left) fights against Chris Weidman of the United States in their middleweight bout during the UFC 205 event at Madison Square Garden on November 12, 2016 in New York City. (Photo by Michael ...
The 'Entrepreneur Gap' Facing Women and Minorities
The small-business creation rate falls short of the average for women, Hispanics and African Americans, notes a new Center for American Progress (CAP) report. On a per-capita basis, these groups own significantly fewer small businesses than white males.
Leading female North East entrepreneur secures £150000 in funding
One of the North East's most high-profile female entrepreneurs is to expand her event management business, fulled by investment funds of £150,000. She's Gott It, which Nickie Gott set up 15 years ago, has grown into a successful enterprise which ...and more »
This Entrepreneur Is Getting Indians To Embrace Preowned Luxury Goods
When the luxury pre-owned and thrift segment caught Anvita Mehra's eye in the UK, it was something she wanted for India; her challenge lay in how to make a viable business of a concept that had so much stigma attached to it in her home country. As a ...
Tech Entrepreneur Shows How To Seize Opportunity, Craft A Great Team
One of America's most successful young entrepreneur's road to success all started when he dropped his cell phone seven years ago. Justin Wetherill had just taken the plastic cover off his new smartphone when he dropped it and damaged the screen.and more »
How This 30-Something Entrepreneur Is Giving The 100 Year-Old Automotive Industry A Tune-up - ForbesForbes
How This 30-Something Entrepreneur Is Giving The 100 Year-Old Automotive Industry A Tune-up
You can buy anything online these days, right? It seems that way, but when Aaron Krane tried to purchase his last car via a dealership's website, he quickly learned that although he knew exactly what he wanted to buy, he still needed to physically go ...
- A global study into the state of entrepreneurship places the UK as the fifth most conducive environment, leagues ahead of the United States and many other prominent EU countries. Despite currency and confidence-related volatility in recent months, the UK still remains one of the easiest countries in which to start-up. The Ashish J Thakkar Global Entrepreneurship Index, developedThe post UK beats US in global entrepreneurship index appeared first on Growth Business.
Newcastle drinks entrepreneur bottles success with new £1800 rum
A Northumberland entrepreneur has launched a new specialist spirit business that aims to put the region on the map for its rum. But The Old Man Rum Co's first product has a limited sale run – only 250 bottles are available and the drink can never be ...
- ITV News
Surrey entrepreneur makes millions with viral food videos
A 25-year-old entrepreneur from Surrey made £2.5million last year after his online video company became a huge viral success. Jamie Bolding. One of Jamie's videos gained 20 million likes over a weekend. Credit: Jungle Creations. Jamie Bolding created ...and more »
- BQ Live
Entrepreneur launches boutique financial service
A Harrogate-based entrepreneur has launched his own wealth management firm in the spa town to provide independent, bespoke advice for individuals, businesses and trusts. Yorkshire · News · 0 Comments · Have Your Say ...and more »
Follow @EntrepreneurUK_ on Twitter!