- The Association For Driving Licence Verification (www.ADLV.co.uk) has welcomed moves by Northern Ireland’s DVA (Driver & Vehicle Agency) to conduct a review of its upcoming online licence verification service to ensure best-practice. The decision to initiate the review followed an approach by the ADLV which represents the licence checking needs of the UK fleet industry. Currently, the processes adopted and developed by the DVA are designed to provide a licence verification service to t
- Oracle Platinum Partner Inoapps (www.inoapps.com) has been accepted and accredited by Oracle as the first UK partner with IaaS specialisation to join its new Global Managed Service Provider (MSP) programme. As a fully accredited MSP, the company will provide Professional and Managed Services to Oracle IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) and PaaS (Platform as a Service) customers; spanning readiness assessments, migration and full implementation and managed services. This scheme will only be avail
- Creditfix, the UK’s largest insolvency practice, compiles the UK Personal Debt Index (PDI). The quarterly report is put together following a survey of over 31,000 individuals, comparing the situation and locations of people across the UK currently receiving support to get out of debt. The number of young people (20-25 years old) receiving help and support with personal debt has decreased to 2.5% of respondents in Quarter 4 2016. The number of people undertaking an...Source: RealWire
- A resurgence in economic confidence was experienced by credit professionals in the final quarter of 2016, according to the UK’s latest Credit Managers’ Index (CMI). Yet bad debt remains a risk with only 13% of credit managers expecting a decline in 2017.Full results from the quarterly barometer of the Chartered Institute of Credit Management (CICM) have now been released; the CMI’s headline Index closed up 0.5 points to 59.8, ending a successive three-quarter fall. It...Source:
- Oracle’s Global SaaS Cloud Transformation Partner of the Year, Inoapps (www.inoapps.com) has launched today a game-changing methodology to Implement Oracle Cloud, called Sprint. This process enables organisations to see 80% of their solution in the Oracle Cloud quickly, with no upfront cost or commitment.The new approach flips Cloud system selection on its head. It achieves this by putting prospective customers in the driving seat, allowing them to familiarise their teams with a proposed &
- The UK's largest personal insolvency practice, Creditfix, has revealed the top 20 postcodes with the highest percentage of people living in debt and currently undertaking an IVA/PTD. Individuals living in Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Glasgow top the list, closely followed by South East London and Plymouth.According to new nationwide data from Creditfix, the top 20 postcode areas across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland identify where there is the highest proportion of adults on an Indi
- Leading UK legal systems innovator Zylpha (www.zylpha.com) has signed a strategic partnership with SOS (Solicitors Own Software) Ltd. (www.soslegal.co.uk), the widely acclaimed developers of legal software for law firms and alternative business structures. Under the terms of the partnership, SOS will promote Zylpha’s bundling technology along with its Adobe Sign integration. Combined, the systems represent an ideal solution for law firms seeking to innovate and drive efficiency across thei
- December 29, 2016 London, England – Swave is launching a three-month challenge to help Britain start a savings resolution in 2017. Swave have developed a unique app to help even the biggest spenders save more towards their financial goals. Linking to current accounts and credit cards, the app monitors spending habits to help users identify the best opportunities to take immediate action and save. Co-Founder Kristina Bordas explains, “Unlike a budget, the app aims to...Source: RealWir
- Oracle Platinum Partner Certus Solutions [www.certus-solutions.com] has appointed Richard Summerfield as a Non-Executive Director. Richard is currently the Group HR Director at global telecoms provider JT [Jersey Telecom], an Oracle HCM customer of Certus-Solutions since 2015. JT is also currently using Certus-Solutions’ 'engage® Business Support Services’.Richard has over 20 years of corporate HR leadership experience, the last six as a member of JT's management board. Previousl
- A partnership between next generation legal software provider, Peppermint Technology, and innovative legal process provider, Zylpha, is providing Peppermint clients easy access to the benefits of automated document bundling.Integrated into Peppermint's cloud legal software, Peppermint CX, Zylpha's electronic document bundling software allows law firms to assemble and deliver Court Bundles, Deal Bibles and Contracts at a fraction of the cost and effort of a manual process. The Peppermint & Zy
- Zylpha (www.zylpha.com) the UK’s leading legal systems innovator, has announced the launch of a Client Matter Inception (CMI) plugin, which will be available free to all users of the LexisNexis Visualfiles case management system. CMI is the preliminary step for all law firms, either acting for new clients or when representing existing clients in a new matter. The process aids compliance with the Legal Services Act, helping to avoid potential conflicts of interest and adhering...Source: Rea
- Oracle Platinum Partner Inoapps (www.inoapps.com) has launched an Optimisation Service for users of Oracle Cloud Invoice Scanning. The service, staffed by highly skilled consultants will help users to optimize the benefits of Invoice Scanning within their own business. The new service is just one of a wide range of Oracle products and services available through Inoapps, the recent winner of both Oracle’s EMEA and Global Cloud Transformation Partner awards.The Oracle ERP Cloud Invoice Scann
- Continued declining confidence in the manufacturing sector is the driving force behind three successive quarterly falls in overall economic confidence, according to the latest barometer from the credit services sector.Manufacturing closed down 2.3 points to 54.9 in Q3’s results from the Credit Managers’ Index (CMI), which is run by Europe’s largest credit professional body the Chartered Institute of Credit Management and sponsored by trade credit risk management experts, Tinubu
- Following a customer enquiry from the London Borough of Lambeth, Zylpha (www.zylpha.com) the UK’s leading innovator of electronic document bundling technology, has launched a ‘Bundling Robot’. The new system is the latest addition to the company’s widely acclaimed range of integration tools for LexisNexis Visualfiles. The robot enables high-speed background bundling automation within Visualfiles, whilst allowing the system’s users to carry on with other pressing mat
Inoapps Wins Prestigious Oracle EMEA and Global Specialized Partner of the Year Awards For SaaS Cloud TransformationOracle Recognises Inoapps’ Expertise in Delivering Specialized EMEA and Global Solutions At Oracle OpenWorld 2016, Inoapps (www.inoapps.com) has won both the EMEA and Global Oracle Excellence Awards for Specialized Partner of the Year, in SaaS Cloud Transformation. The Awards encourage innovation by Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) members, who use Oracle’s products and technology, to create value for customers and generate new business potential. In winning the awards, Inoapps, an Oracle
Swiss Post Solutions and OnGuard agree partnership deal to deliver end-to-end, order-to-cash, business process outsourcingSwiss Post Solutions and OnGuard are proud to announce a partnership that will deliver end-to-end, order-to-cash business process outsourcing. The partnership combines a suite of technology and automation tools with process expertise, enhancing service efficiency and removing cost, by reducing manual processing. Clients will benefit from improved KPI’s across the Order to Cash Cycle. Gary Harrold, Chief Executive Officer of Swiss Post Solutions UK and Edwin Merk, Director Channel Developme
- Oracle Platinum Partner Inoapps (www.inoapps.com) has been appointed as a supplier to the UK Government’s G-Cloud 8, the most recent iteration of the Crown Commercial Service's procurement framework for Cloud based computer services, hosted via the Digital Marketplace. The Crown Commercial Service works closely with departments and organisations across the public sector, ensuring that maximum value is extracted from every commercial relationship. Inoapps has received widespread industry ac
Office for National Statistics (ONS) announces migration to Oracle Cloud Applications and selects Certus Solutions as Implementation PartnerThe ONS is pleased to announce that it has entered into a partnership with Certus Solutions to implement Oracle’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Human Capital Management (HCM) Cloud Applications. This is the first complete Oracle Cloud suite implementation across Her Majesty’s (HM) Government.The ONS current ERP system Oracle E-Business Release 11 is an ageing product which has only minimal sustaining support. As a consequence the organisation requires a modern ERP system to
- London, City: Oracle Platinum Partner Inoapps (www.inoapps.com) has announced the launch of a new Enterprise Change division. The global practice will provide the company’s clients with both strategic and practical business change expertise to support their Oracle Cloud Journey. Complementing Inoapps’ existing Oracle Cloud implementation business, the new Change practice will offer a broad array of services from preparing initial cloud readiness assessments through to full end-to-end
- Award winning Oracle Platinum Partner Inoapps (www.inoapps.com) has increased its ASEAN footprint with the significant expansion of its Malaysian operation and the opening of a new office in Singapore. The moves reflect a strategic initiative by Inoapps to broaden its presence in the region.The company’s existing operation in Kuala Lumpur is moving into new premises that are three times larger and which can accommodate an ever expanding and dedicated team. The new high tech offices...Sourc
- Leading UK legal systems innovator Zylpha (www.zylpha.com) has launched the first PayPal utility for legal practices. The new integration enables law firms to take clients’ payments easily including: initial ‘on account’ funds, disbursements, diarised invoice sums and final settlements. Zylpha believes that the new solution, which operates within LexisNexis Visualfiles, provides a fast, easy and customer friendly method of securing client funds. In addition, where required, The
- A survey of over 100 senior UK haulage fleet managers, conducted by the Association for Driving Licence Verification (www.ADLV.co.uk), has shown that 91% of respondents want CPC & Tacho data to be available alongside online driving licence checks. They also believe that its inclusion would eliminate the industry’s current but imprecise reliance on visual data checking. A further 90% felt that the availability of CPC and Tacho information would make their own monitoring of driver...Sour
- International consultancy and construction company, Mace has chosen Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning Cloud including Oracle Procurement Cloud and Oracle Project Portfolio Management Cloud, and Oracle Human Capital Management Cloud applications. The fully integrated solution will be implemented globally across 30 countries by Inoapps (www.inoapps.com), a Platinum level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN).Headquartered in the UK, Mace offers integrated services across the full property and in
- The Manufacturing Sector continues to drive business confidence and the outlook for growth, according to the latest quarterly barometer from the Chartered Institute of Credit Management (CICM).Overall economic confidence has fallen, however, especially in the Services Sector, and the combined figures for the first quarter of this year (Q1 2016) do not take into account the recent turmoil within the UK Steel industry or the commotion over Brexit.The CICM’s Credit Managers’ Index (CMI)
- Platform providing a risk analytics and decisioning orchestration hub to banks and fintech disruptors adds Salesforce integrationLondon, UK – 5 May 2016 - Provenir, provider of risk analytics and decisioning solutions, today announces the integration of its platform with Salesforce to improve the execution of complex credit decisioning processes with increased transparency across platforms. Companies that use Salesforce for customer relationship management (CRM) can now connect to Provenir
Ultra Payments PayGate Payment solutions have now been extended to include an automated Direct Debit Management System (DDMS) modulePayGate now includes a fully functional DDMS solution, simplifying the collection and management of direct debits.Letchworth, UK (May 4, 2016) Ultra Payments (formerly Barron McCann Payments), a business unit of Ultra Electronics, is pleased to announce that its PayGate Payment solutions now offer a fully BACS compliant integrated DDMS module. The DDMS module provides a number of features including:Full compliance with DD (Direct Debit) guidelines – minimising indemnity claimsAutomated DD
EDF Energy improves efficiency and responsiveness and gains greater clarity on exposure to risk through Tinubu Risk Analyst service21 April 2016 – London, UK. EDF Energy, one of the UK’s largest energy companies and the largest producer of low-carbon electricity, is using Tinubu Square’s Risk Analyst service to carry out credit risk assessments which are helping the company to win deals where speed of response is critical. EDF Energy produces around one-fifth of the nation's electricity from its nuclear power stations, wind farms, coal and gas power stations and combined heat and power...Source: RealWire
Noddle Protect & YouGov research finds 51% of business decision-makers are kept awake at night by the threat of a data breach caused by a cyber-attack57% most concerned about damage to corporate or brand reputation68% unaware of EU General Data Protection Regulation20 April 2016: Cyber risk research carried out by Noddle Protect and YouGov* amongst senior decision-makers in large businesses, has revealed that 51% are being kept awake at night by the threat of a data breach caused by a cyber-attack; and 49% are having sleepless nights about a data breach resulting from data theft or irresponsible action.Noddle Protect, which...Source: RealWire
- Frustration due to length of process and requirement for too much personal informationConsumers want a 100% digital process but are prevented by identity verificationLondon, UK, 31st March 2016: Results of new research shows that 40% of consumers abandon retail bank on-boarding process when applying for a new product or service. The report The Battle to On-Board commissioned by Signicat, the first and largest identity assurance provider in the world, also found that more than 1...Source: RealWir
- Wednesday, March 30, 2016This Commons Library Briefing Paper sets out the role and remit of the Commissioner for Public Appointments. It summarises the findings of the recent Grimstone Review of the public appointments system and initial responses to its recommendations.It also briefly sets out information about the establishment and development of the role.
- Wednesday, March 30, 2016The selection process that has recently begun to choose a new UN Secretary-General to head the organisation from 1 January 2017 is described in this Commons Library briefing paper.
- Wednesday, March 30, 2016This note examines policies in England to improve dementia diagnosis, care, support and research. Health is a devolved matter, and the note briefly outlines dementia strategies in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. It also provides statistics on rates of dementia prevalence, including prevalence rates for each English Parliamentary constituency.
- Tuesday, March 29, 2016The EU concludes many international agreements with third States or international organisations. How does the EU negotiate these agreements and how does the UK scrutinise and ratify them? This note looks at the procedures and some of the problems linked to treaty negotiation and ratification in the EU and the Member States, with particular reference to the UK.
- Tuesday, March 29, 2016Part 1 of this House of Commons Library briefing paper gives a broad overview of the law governing the rights of European Economic Area (EEA) migrants to access social housing in England. Part 2 considers whether there is any evidence to suggest that EEA migrants are able to “jump the queue” to access social housing more quickly than other applicants.
- Thursday, March 24, 2016The Winter Fuel Payment is a tax-free annual payment to help older people meet the cost of their winter fuel bills. The “standard” rates are £200 per eligible household where the oldest person is under 80, and £300 for households containing a person aged 80 or over.
- Thursday, March 24, 2016Ministerial office holders in the 2015 Conservative Government
- Wednesday, March 23, 2016This House of Commons Library briefing paper explains action taken by the Office of Fair Trading and the Law Commission to investigate the fees charged by managing agents or freeholders when a leasehold owner of a retirement flat wants to sell or rent out their home. These fees are often referred to as 'exit' or 'event' fees.
New 1st Touch Doorstep Appointments Module Drives Both Efficiency And Customer Service Levels For Social Landlords1st Touch (www.1sttouch.com), the UK’s leading technology provider for the social housing sector, has announced the launch of a new Doorstep Appointments module. The new system has been designed to simplify and speed up appointment scheduling by either mobile housing association staff or directly by tenants through a self-service portal and self-service app.Whilst visiting tenants at home, the new module enables mobile operatives to book appointments through their handheld devices, for ser
- Tuesday, March 22, 2016Mobile 'not-spots' and 'partial not-spots' - areas where there is currently no mobile coverage and areas which have coverage from some but not all of the 4 mobile networks - currently affect parts of the UK, particularly rural areas. This note summarises Government and industry proposals to extend mobile coverage across the UK.
- Monday, March 21, 2016Feed-in Tariffs are available as an incentive for small-scale renewables. The Government has completed a Review of the Scheme in December 2015.
- Monday, March 21, 2016The findings of the Litvinenko Inquiry put the spotlight on UK-Russian relations.
- Monday, March 21, 2016The Commons Library has published a briefing paper which provides information about looking for a missing person and dealing with their property and affairs
- Monday, March 21, 2016This note summarises the key statistics available on disabled people in employment in the UK.
- Friday, March 18, 2016A briefing paper on the changes to business rates, and the new devolution deals, announced in the March 2016 Budget.
- Friday, March 18, 2016Looks at the announcement in Budget 2016 regarding the change to the discount rate for public service pension schemes
- Thursday, March 17, 2016Many of the Trade Union Bill’s clauses were amended during the first day of Lords Report stage.This short paper summarises those amendments.
- Thursday, March 17, 2016This House of Commons Library briefing paper provides an overview of the statutory rights of occupiers of social housing in England to succeed to a tenancy on the death of the previous sole or joint tenant.The rules in regard to secure council tenancies changed in April 2012 and additional restrictions will apply once the provisions in the Housing and Planning Bill 2015-16 come into force.
- Thursday, March 17, 2016This note looks at trends in the price of petrol and diesel at the pump and before tax, possible reasons for the gap in prices between the two fuels and compares prices and taxes in different countries.
- Wednesday, March 16, 2016A summary of Budget 2016 and the Office for Budget Responsibility's forecasts for the economy and public finances.
- Wednesday, March 16, 2016This note describes what Network Rail is, how it works, how it is funded, what it does and how it is regulated. It also sets out various proposals to reform Network Rail, including those put forward by the Hendy and Bowe reviews in 2015 and the Shaw Report, published alongside Budget 2016.
Follow @DebtCollect_UK_ on Twitter!