- SNC-Lavalin has offered £20.80 per share for a £2.1bn takeover of Atkins, with both boards having agreed terms on the deal.
- SITE / SETTING OUT ENGINEER - CIVIL GROUNDWORKSLOCATION: Kent, UKSALARY: £24-26 Per/hour
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Setting Out Engineer to join an highly regarded Civil Engineering contractor on a major Power Plant project in Kent.The Civils package is worth in excess of £65M and works expected to continue well into 2018.This is a pivotal role within a highly regarded Civils Contractor established over 75 years ago.We are looking for experienced site / setting out engi
- Neighbourhood Housing Officer Officer (£16.78 paye or £21.16 umbrella) 36 hours a weekCompany
You will be working for a large social housing organisation giving you an ideal opportunity to enhance your career and CV
You will be working as a Neighbourhood Housing Officer for an initial 3 months but this could be extended further.Your role will focus on Tenancy Management and Anti-Social Behaviour. Some responsibilities will involve carrying out and monitoring regular estate i
- Barker Ross Recruitment are looking for cleaners (working nights) for few weeks work near Barnet, North London starting ASAP.
Please note, this is a Monday to Sunday job. Working hours will be 10.30pm to 5am Monday to Friday, 7pm to 1.30am on Saturday, 9pm to 3.30am on Sunday.
Candidate must have experience working as a cleaner. Working at a university campus.
Paying £12/h Monday to Friday, £13.75/h Saturday and £15.50/h Sunday based on PAYE Umbrella payment method or payments
- Barker Ross are looking for a Telescopic Fork Lift Operator in Cambridge as of Wednesday. The successfull candidate will hold a valid CPCS or NPORS qualification with a few years experience. For more details call Jesse on 07718677033.#weareBRG
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.Whilst we endeavour to contact you follow
- Greg Fitzgerald signals confidence in the firm, buying 134,369 shares
- Japanese tech giant expected to discuss level of UK government support
- The UK’s capital city has helped the contractor to rapidly expand over the last year
- Construction work at Morgan Sindall’s £107m Marischal Square development in Aberdeen has been halted due to concerns over waste material blocking access to the site.
- Multiplex has posted a turnover of more than £1bn in its latest financial results.
- Bovis Homes has appointed a new managing director for its Thames Valley region business, the third of three high-profile hires announced this last month.
- Our client is a national rail / civil engineering organisation, offering an exceptional reputation UK wide. Due to their ever increasing portfolio of secured work, they are now looking for a civils area quantity surveyor that has extensive infrastructure exposure.To be successful in the position of area quantity surveyor, it is required that you have skills and experience in the following areas:
Excellent NEC exposure
You have previously worked on many infrastructure based projects
- South Yorkshire building firm George Hurst & Sons has gone into administration, with all 57 members of staff being made redundant.
- Barker Ross are currently looking for a wheeled loading shovel operator on a long term contract in Coalville. A suitable candidate will have a valid CPCS or NPORS qualification and have experience working in a quarry. I am looking for candidates that are punctual and reliable that will be available for many more jobs in the future.#weareBRG
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates wh
- Kennedy Town Swimming Pool project finishes after half-decade intermission
- Firm secures contract to design and build new secondary school in Monmouthshire
- The firm is to work on three projects for tech giant in Scandinavia
- Battersea Power Station has submitted plans to relocate more than 100 affordable homes to a later phase to “ease challenges” of delivering the £1bn third phase of the project.
- Sputnik International
Hundreds Protest in Northern UK Against Authorities Construction Plans
Hundreds rallied in the northern UK county of Northumberland protesting against the plans of local authorities to construct houses in the green belt area. US missile attack on the Syrian airfield. © Sputnik/ Mikhail Voskresenskiy. UK Anti-War Advocacy ...en meer »
- A well established Contractor is currently seeking a Quality & Handover Integrator for an on going freelance role at Heathrow Airport.
Within this role you would be responsible for but not limited to any of the following;
*Closeout of any NCR's raised relevant to handover in a timely manner*Ensure required quality processes and key documentation are monitored*Attend Quality Launch with the client for all projects prior to start on site.*Input and agree handover delivery planThe ideal candida
- I am currently looking to find the perfect person to fill and Agent role in the East London Area on a multi purpose development with approx. 4 years left on the programme. It is essential that, as Site Agent you have extensive roads/highways experience along with associated works such as drainage, utilities ground retention etc. The rate for this role will be dependant on amount of relevant experience but I expect it to be in the £30-34/hr mark.
Quick side note:-IMPORTANT : For this role i
Construction begins for U.K's 5th Offshore Patrol Vessel - UPI.com
BAE Systems began construction for Britain's final River-class Offshore Patrol Vessel, the company announced on Friday.en meer »
Construction begins for U.K's 5th Offshore Patrol Vessel
BAE Systems cut the first metal for Spey, Britain's fifth and final ordered River-class Batch 2 Offshore Patrol Vessel. Photo courtesy of BAE Systems. April 21 (UPI) -- BAE Systems has started construction for Britain's final River-class Offshore ...en meer »
- Heads Together, official charity of the year for the London Marathon, has turned this Sunday’s event into the ‘mental health marathon’, in order to get the country talking about mental health.
Sector movers: UK construction, homebuilders in focus
Gains at the end of the week were being driven by a mix of defensive and more cyclical issues, driven in part by analysts' comments on different segments of the markets and ahead of multiple trading updates due out over the course of the following week.en meer »
- Site Engineer needed for new housing site in Luton
You have experience in using full robotic kit, which they will provide.You will be needed for a minimum of 4 months#weareBRG
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot
- Financial Times
UK's Hinkley nuclear construction project powers ahead
Seven months after Theresa May gave her blessing to the £18bn Hinkley Point C project, work is gathering pace on what will be Britain's first new nuclear power station since the 1990s. The once grassy valley, carrying the Holford stream towards the ...en meer »
- Firm blames ‘uncertainty in construction market’ for job losses
- Wednesday saw HS2’s chairman and the secretary of state in front of the transport select committee.
- Canadian giant SNC could still face a rival to its £2.1bn bid to acquire Atkins, an analyst has claimed.
Follow @ConstructionUK_ on Twitter!