- Mace has decided against launching a High Court challenge over the £170m contract award for the second phase of HS2 despite claiming it was a “flawed process”, Construction News can reveal.
- Select committee says governement should do more to support smaller builders
- Big housebuilding firms have too much market dominance and the problem must be tackled to help fix the UK’s “broken” housing sector, MPs have claimed.
- BIM MODELLER - Highways
We are delighted to be recruiting for this superb opportunity in which you can showcase your 3D BIM Modelling skills whilst gaining valuable skills and experience working on a major highways project.
The two principal contractors are working together on this joint venture for the £292m construction package for the highways upgrade improvement scheme. This is a complex section of highway and the works will take place in a live-traffic environment so th
- Do you want to work at Hinkley Point? A Site Engineer Is required on a freelance basis for a top tier contractor working together on the Hinkley Point upgrade. This section of works involves reinforced concrete, platforms, galleries, structures and heavy civil works.This is an ongoing contract working a shift pattern of 7,4,7,3 alternating from days to nights.
This is a great opportunity to work for a leading international company who are involved in a number of sectors such as rail, power, wate
- Barker Ross are looking for an ADT blue card operator to start work as soon as possible for our clients. Currently hiring in Gaydon, Warwick. We are looking to hire individuals with the minimum requirement of a CPCS qualification and potentially fulfill their employment with many more opportunities in the future.#weareBRG
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a r
- Mayor of London Sadiq Khan is on the hunt for housing experts as part of drive to boost the number of affordable homes built on the capital’s public land.
- Mayor of London Sadiq Khan’s decision today to withdraw his backing for the controversial Garden Bridge feels like the death knell for the £185m project.
- Dutton Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Operations Engineer to provide value to our client by being part of the technical/projects team (called Operations within the business) to participate in putting bids and RFQ's together for clients, understand costing and putting pricing and budgets together, to respond quickly and within deadlines as appropriate with best technical/engineering response required and the best price for company and client. When won, ensure that projects are manage
- Labour party leader Jeremy Corbyn has pledged to build a million homes if Labour come into power.
- Dutton Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Qualified Steel Fixer to support the production crew at our Renowned Client's Stockton depot to assist in the completion of their current production run.
The product requires steel fixings to be accurately placed ready for concrete pour. The ability to work to structural drawings is essential.
The contract is for an initial 3 week placement with the potential for ongoing work for the right candidate.
To be considered for the position, please clic
UK construction sector grew by over a third in first three months of year, new ... - Builder and EngineerUK construction sector grew by over a third in first three months of year, new ...
Builder and Engineer
The UK's construction industry grew by more than a third in the first three months of 2017, new figures reveal. The Creditsafe Watchdog Report found total sales across the sector reached over £380 billion in the first quarter of the year - up 38 per ...
- London mayor says he will not provide project with guarantees
- Economic growth the slowest for 12 months, says ONS
- A hotel on Ludgate Hill in central London looks set to go ahead after the project was recommended for planning approval.
- ADVERT REFERENCE: VF-148718JOB TITLE: Mechanical Engineering Trainer/ AssessorLOCATION: WarwickshireSALARY: £19,000-£24,900 per annum + benefits
Protocol Excellence in FE is delighted to announce a fantastic permanent opportunity for a passionate further education educator to work at a modern progressive Further Education College based in North Warwickshire.
This job, will offer the right candidate a superb opportunity, offering huge amounts of job satisfaction with the ability to en
- Judge to rule on council’s handling of English Heritage visitors’ centre scheme
- The general election could also help the pound which would slow cost increases for materials, the consultant reported
- Shadow housing minister launches party’s policy to build one million homes over five years
- The mayor of London Sadiq Khan has announced plans to set up a construction skills academy as part of a broader £144m push to improve the city’s further education colleges.
- Dutton Recruitment require 2 x Kitchen Fitters for an ongoing Social Hosuing project based in Woodhouse, Leeds.
Working from a central depot, sucessful applicants will be fitting 1 x Kitchen per day on a variety of Social Housing properties in the area. To qualify for the role, applicants must have an in-date CSCS card and UKATA Asbestos Awareness.
If you would like to be considered for the role, please either:
Click on "Apply Now"
Send a CV to email@example.com
Or call us dir
- ADVERT REFERENCE: MD-151953JOB TITLE: Site Supervision/Construction Management IQALOCATION: Central LondonSALARY: £20:00 - £30:00 per hour + statutory holiday pay
Exciting part time temporary opportunity.Are you ready for your next challenge in Further Education? Do you have a passion for education with plenty of enthusiasm to develop and inspire the next generation?Protocol Assessment Services is pleased to be working alongside a leading Further Education provider to recruit for an
- I am looking for a Telehandler operator on the A14 for 8-12 weeks, the suitable candidate with hold a valid medical and CPCS or NPORS qualification. For more information call Jesse on 07718677033.#weareBRG
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volu
- An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proven senior site manager from a residential background, to work for a national housebuilder, on a prestigious housing development in Gloucester.They have been operating for over 70 years and now have over 2000 employees and pride themselves in their high standards, service and build quality.
To be successful in the position of senior site manager, it is required that you are skilled and experienced in the following areas:
With the support of the Contrac
- Fit-out group said top line was weaker due to the deferral of project and programme work into 2017
- ADVERT REFERENCE: RS- 151924JOB TITLE: Motorcycle LecturerLOCATION: BirminghamSALARY/RATE: £20.00 - £25.00 per hourExciting, temporary opportunity
Are you looking to work with Recruitment Specialists who support highly experienced and dedicated candidates in the Birmingham area?If so then read on!Protocol is pleased to be working alongside a leading Education provider to recruit for an experienced Motorcycle Lecturer for a part time temporary position starting ASAP.
Well look no furt
- Manchester-based residential contractor Harbur Construction has entered administration.
- Reading Council has given the green light to Reading Football Club’s plans for a £500m convention centre and housing development next to the club’s Madejski Stadium.
- Subject to completing the final planning requirements, construction is planned to commence in early 2018
- Four major PPP wins has helped U+I boost its portfolio by £1.5bn, according to the developer’s latest results.
- House builder said the leases were introduced in 2007 “in good faith”
- Fit-out specialist Styles & Wood is lining up bids for schools and education frameworks after revealing a 49 per cent profit hike in its latest results.
- Housebuilder Taylor Wimpey has set aside £130m to settle disputes with customers who took out leases only to see their ground rents double under a clause in their contracts.
- University of Glasgow’s £700m Gilmorehill campus extension places firm at top of civils and non-civils leagues
- Public building programmes, including the revamp of the Palace of Westminster, face weeks of delays
- Industry leaders have demanded urgent action on tackling mental health in the industry after “shocking” results in CN’s Mind Matters survey showed a quarter of people working in construction have considered suicide.
New Technology and Innovation in the UK Construction Industry 2017 ... - Business Wire (press release)The Fifth Estate
New Technology and Innovation in the UK Construction Industry 2017 ...
Business Wire (press release)
Challenges facing the U.K. construction sector include skills shortages and increasing material costs. These circumstances are driving innovation, as the industry adopts new technology and techniques to meet demand and minimise cost, whilst achieving ...
UK Offsite Manufacturing Report 2017: The Challenges and Opportunities for ...Digital Journalalle 3 nieuwsartikelen
- An urgent requirement has come up for a Nightshift Site Engineer to start work on Monday 1st May for 1 week at Bristol Airport.The site engineer will have extensive civils, drainage and earthworks experience.Working for a main contractor who provides building, construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets.Responsibilities:
As a site engineer, you will be responsible for day to day setting out duties, working under the Seni
- Role Stock Control Operative
Location North West Leicestershire
Salaryc£18K, plus 33 days holiday
Ref IE 56068
A hugely successful manufacturing and distribution business has a fantastic opportunity for a Stock Control Operative to join the business on a full time, permanent basis at their offices in North West Leicestershire. This is a truly exciting time to join the organisation as they continue their unprecedented growth.
Working within the busy stock control department, you will be res
- AECOM leading UK driverless vehicle trial
Global engineering and infrastructure giant AECOM and partner organizations in the Capri Consortium are developing pods on-demand (or PODs) as part of a U.K. driverless vehicle pilot project, according to Curbed. The consortium — consisting of 20 ...en meer »
- Public Accounts Committee accuses ministers of spending “well over the odds” on new free schools, but leaving others in poor condition
- Airport invites expressions of interest to supply off-site components
- Dutton Recruitment are recruiting for:
2 Industrial Electricians for ongoing work on Lynemouth Power Station to start on Tuesday 2nd May.
We are looking for 2 qualified electricians for installation and remedial work, eg, tray, trunking, conduit, ladder etc.
Candidates must be fully qualified electricians, and have an indate CCNSG Safety Passport and IPAF to be considered.
Rates of pay:
Rates of pay are £16.00 per hour for basic hours.
How to apply:
If interested, send CV's to leif.mozley@
- Our client is looking to recruit an IT Manager (Bedford) to advise business managers on IT solutions and technology to help the business grow and perform more efficiently. To oversee IT projects from design, development through to completion.Being a hands on manager, you will lead a small IT team (covering everything from desktop support, break-fix, software and hardware installations, through to server-based work) and be responsible for ensuring their skills are developed and improved to ensure
Follow @ConstructionUK_ on Twitter!