CRD: Two Day Workshop on Technical Fate and Behaviour Assessment of Plant Protection Products β York, 29-30 Nov 2016The course will provide a practical introduction to the main Fate Exposure tools available for soil, surface water and groundwater. This will include practical introductions to the FOCUS groundwater and surface water models for example.
- HSL are offering a unique opportunity to engage directly with our incident investigation professionals and take full advantage of our decades of failure analysis experience.
- NWSI in partnership with HSE invite you to a seminar on the roles and responsibilities for designers and clients under CDM 2015.
- This course will increase your knowledge and understanding of PPE and its limitations, so that you can use PPE as an effective workplace control measure.
- Join us for the Third Annual: Future of Health and Safety Conference for exclusive insights from industry experts.
- This course will provide an overview of all aspects of writing efficacy dossiers including Biological Assessment Dossiers (BADs) and draft Registration Reports (dRRs) to address European efficacy data requirements under the regulation (EC 1107/2009).
- Following an initial consultation, HSE proposes to introduce a new set of regulations known as the Freight Containers (Safety Convention) Regulations 2017 and is seeking feedback on the proposals.
- A concrete company in Ilkeston, has been fined a worker after a worker suffered head injuries.
- A Lancashire based environmental services company has been fined after a worker suffered serious injuries when his arm was crushed by machinery.
- A Durham landlord has been given a suspended prison sentence following his failure to maintain or check the gas fittings in one of his properties.
- Time-Tested Tips for Winterizing Your EquipmentWith Kyle Anderson and Scott Harlib With winter around the corner itandrsquos a good time to prepare your valuable equipment for cold temperatures. For some time-tested tips on how to keep your dehumidifiers and truckmounts running at peak perf
- The World of the Technician Fact-Finding Posture vs. Selling PostureBy Michael MorrowWhen technicians gather for morning meetings they are presented
- How to andldquoRecruitandrdquo the Very Best PersonBy Steve ToburenWhen kicking off each of my seminars I ruefully confess andldquoMy employees were
- By Col John BoggsThe great thing about the political season is watching and listening to the antics and superlatives that accompany each politicianandrsquos rallies
- A building contractor has been fined after a worker was killed when a load fell from a tower crane during a lifting operation in Colchester.
- The makers of Star Wars: The Force Awakens have been sentenced after failing to protect the actors and workers while on set during filming at Pinewood Studio, Slough, Buckinghamshire.
- A construction company from Cambridge has been fined after temporary hoarding from one of their sites fell onto a member of public walking along the high street.
- This course is designed to provide delegates with the knowledge to carry out straightforward hazardous area classification in accordance with commonly used standards or to act as an intelligent customer when contracting others to deliver this role.
- The Workplace Health Expert Committee (WHEC) is an HSE independent expert scientific committee providing advice to HSE about the scientific and medical evidence on workplace health issues.
- A Bedfordshire metal company has been fined for safety breaches after a worker suffered severe leg injuries and lost most of his foot.
- An illegal gas fitter has been prosecuted after he installed a gas boiler and left it in a potentially dangerous state because he did not commission it.
- A Yorkshire council has been fined after an employee was injured when he fell from a ladder.
- A Cornish construction company has been fined after their worker had to have both legs amputated, around the knee, after being crushed by a dumper truck.
- A tyre maintenance company has been fined after a tyre exploded seriously injuring a worker.
- This course will explain the importance of fit testing, the responsibilities of employers and introduce the various fit testing methods.
HSL: CIEH Conversion from Level 3 Award in Training Principles and Practice (TPP) to Level 3 Award in Education and Training β HSL Buxton, 2-3 Nov 2016HSL is to run a 2 day CIEH TPP to EAT Conversion Course – this course is open to those people who already have the CIEH TPP qualification.
HSL: Taming Tigers-Safety Excellence in Engineering β in partnership with The University of Manchester β HSL Buxton, 9-10 Nov 2016The aim of this Master Class is to outline concepts and principles based on technology, risk and project management good practice.
- This course will increase your knowledge and understanding of RPE and how it can be used effectively in the workplace as a control measure.
HSL: Occupational Medicine Seminar for HSE Appointed Doctors, Occupational Health Professionals and GPs β HSL Buxton, 1 Nov 2016This one day seminar has been put together by the Centre for Workplace Health at the Health and Safety Laboratory to inform and update about specific aspects of clinical occupational health practice.
- A building contractor from Wokingham has been prosecuted after a worker fell and punctured his lung while carrying out demolition work.
- A roofing company has been fined after a worker fell five metres through a roof sustaining severe injuries.
- A site manager and a worker have been fined for safety failings after another worker was struck by a concrete skip at a construction site in South London.
- A Bolton night club owner has been sentenced after admitting a failure to carry out a survey for asbestos before starting on the refurbishment of a local night club.
- Supermarket chain Tesco has been fined after health and safety breaches led to a worker falling through a skylight.
- A Halifax paper mill firm has been fined for safety breaches after a worker suffered severe crush injuries to his right hand.
- The Ministry of Defence (MoD) has been issued with a Crown Censure by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) after a soldier died when he was shot in the neck on a training exercise.
- London exhibition venue firm, The Business Design Centre Ltd, and a building contractor have been fined for safety failings after a specialist contractor fell through a fragile skylight.
- A King’s Lynn roofing company has been prosecuted after a worker fell seven metres from a scaffold access ladder while assisting with chimney repairs.
- A Bradford self-employed trader was sentenced today for safety breaches after poor scaffolding arrangements at a domestic property put himself and others at risk.
Premium Power β Electrical Safety and Arc Flash Seminar:Free Professional CPD event β Sunderland, 26 Oct 2016This ‘Free’ half-day CPD seminar run by Premium Power is of interest to health and safety managers, SHE specialists, engineers and facility managers working in large scale industrial environments looking to advance their electrical safety knowledge and training.
- The owners of Alton Towers have been fined £5million with costs of £69,955.40 following a rollercoaster collision which left 16 people injured, a number of them seriously.
- This course is designed to give participants an impartial and pragmatic understanding (and experience) of some of the techniques that are available for investigating Human Factors issues.
- This two day course gives detailed and practical training on carrying out COSHH assessments and, crucially, putting the assessment into practice to control substances hazardous to health.
- This course, delivered by HSL psychologists, will provide you with an understanding of the many factors that influence both workers’ and managers’ behaviour.
BAOHSF β Health and Safety in the 21st Century: How Auditing, Technology and Training can aid compliance β Bradford,18 Oct 2016The seminar is aimed at providing guidance and tools to help businesses to comply with legislation using the technology available in order to assess and control risks in the workplace.
HSL: LEV β Practical management of Local Exhaust Ventilation β BOHS approved β HSL Buxton, 7 Oct 2016The course will demonstrate how to successfully manage LEV systems in order to get effective, efficient, and reliable control of contaminants at least cost. This course is a British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS) approved course.
- The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has informed an ejection seat manufacturer that it will be prosecuted following the death of Flt Lt Sean Cunningham on 8th November 2011.
- A Buckinghamshire delivery firm has been fined after a driver suffered life changing injuries when he was hit by a reversing fork-lift truck.
- A Bolton based scrapyard that featured in a recent BBC documentary series has been sentenced after an employee suffered facial injuries at work.
- Norfolk farming firm T Long and Company Limited has been prosecuted for putting workers and members of the public at risk from a dangerous poison being used to control rabbits.
Follow @CleaningIndusUK on Twitter!