- MELBOURNE, Australia, Feb. 28, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- ITL Limited (ASX:ITD), an innovative global medical technology company, supplier and strategic partner that provides innovative products and solutions to healthcare markets and empowers individual health management, formally announces...
- Company supports the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) in efforts to promote education, research and broader access to treatment for people affected by rare diseases LONDON and PHILADELPHIA, Feb. 28, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- AMO Pharma Limited ("AMO Pharma"), a privately...
- Levels in Focus for ETFis BioShares Biotechnology Products Fund (BBP)
Many technical traders will be taking a look at different indicators to help figure out where shares may be heading. At the time of writing, ETFis BioShares Biotechnology Products Fund (BBP) has a 14-day Commodity Channel Index (CCI) of -6.86. Although ...and more »
- Amarantus Enters into a Letter of Intent to Acquire Certain ...
PR Newswire (press release)
SeD Biomedical Inc. (SeD Biomedical), a Singapore-based wholly owned subsidiary of Singapore eDevelopment Limited (SGX:40V), focusing in the area of ...and more »
- A special structure for storing energy known as a supercapacitor has been constructed in a plant for the first time. The plant, a rose, can be charged and discharged hundreds of times.
- Monday Sector Leaders: Music & Electronics Stores, Biotechnology Stocks
In trading on Monday, music & electronics stores shares were relative leaders, up on the day by about 2.3%. Leading the group were shares of Voxx International, up about 10.7% and shares of Conns up about 2.1% on the day. Also showing relative strength ...
- Company Shares of iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology Index Fund (IBB ...
iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology Index Funds in-depth data and chart pattern analysis indicates that the stock price has rallied 7.19% in the past 12 Weeks , but ...
Wall Street Consensus Watch on iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ...Rockville Registerall 2 news articles »
- TUCSON, Ariz., Feb. 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- More than 500 pathologists, oncologists, scientific researchers and healthcare leaders will converge in Tucson for the 13th annual Tucson Symposium, February 28 to March 1. The two-day conference, which is sponsored by Ventana Medical...
Puma Biotechnology (PBYI) Q4 Earnings: What's in the Cards ...
Puma Biotechnology, Inc.PBYI is expected to report fourth-quarter 2016 results next month. The company has a mixed earnings history. It missed estimates in ...
How Often Does Puma Biotechnology, Inc. (PBYI) Miss Earnings Estimates?Post Analyst
The Puma Biotechnology Inc (PBYI) is Adage Capital Partners GP LLC's 7th Largest PositionDailyQuint
In Volatile Markets Do Analysts Think You Should Buy Puma ...The De Soto
2017 Report: Global Market for Biopesticides and Synthetic Pesticides Should Reach $60.2 Billion in 2016 and $78.7 Billion by 2021, Growing at a CAGR of 5.5% - Research and MarketsDUBLIN, Feb 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Markets for Biopesticides" report to their offering. This market report organizes information from diverse sources into a cohesive unit that includes a pesticide (synthetic and...
- BASEL, Switzerland, February 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --A Europe-wide survey of institutes conducted by the Basel Declaration Society (BDS) has indicated that researchers using animals in their research treat them with due care. The survey polled a total of 755 researchers from 26...
- The Tribune
Conference on microbial biotechnology held
Girls participate in tug of war during the annual sports meet at DAV College in Jalandhar on Saturday. A Tribune Photograph. Tribune News Service. Jalandhar, February 25. A national-level UGC-sponsored conference on 'Recent advances in microbial ...
- A new database of bottlenose dolphin DNA and associated proteins just completed could possibly aid in dolphin care and research of human medical problems such as stroke and kidney failure.
- Mathrubhumi English
Training in Molecular Biology, Biotechnology
The Department of Biotechnology has invited applications from eligible candidates for admission to Molecular Biology and Biotechnology for Fisheries Professionals. This program is completely sponsored by Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India.
- The Cerbat Gem
Puma Biotechnology Inc (PBYI) Set to Announce Quarterly Earnings on Monday
The Cerbat Gem
Puma Biotechnology logo Puma Biotechnology Inc (NYSE:PBYI) will issue its quarterly earnings data after the market closes on Monday, February 27th. Analysts expect the company to announce earnings of ($1.92) per share for the quarter. Earnings History ...
The Great West Life Assurance Co. Can Holds Position in Puma Biotechnology Inc. (PBYI)DailyQuint
Puma Biotechnology, Inc. (NASDAQ:PBY
- Scientists have generated a new plasmid-based reverse genetics system for rotaviruses.
- Small 'bubbles' frequently form on membranes of cells and are taken up into their interior. The process involves EHD proteins. Scientists have now shed light on how these proteins assemble on the surface of a cell and reshape its membrane.
- Research outlines how the genetic pathways that govern growth and stress response in plants sometimes clash. The research could lead to better performing crop varieties.
- Anisoplin, a new protein produced by a pathogenic fungus of insects and mites that provides new possibilities for the design of biotechnological tools to control pests, researchers have discovered.
- A new study has shown that the electrical wire-like behavior of DNA is involved in the molecule's replication.
- UCL is involved in the Rosalind Franklin Institute
(RFI) ā a major new Ā£100 million investment by the government into the
development of an innovative multi-disciplinary science and technology research
- BRIEF-Walvax Biotechnology returns to net profit in 2016
NEW YORK, Feb 24 Proposals in Congress that would effectively end Medicaid expansion in 31 U.S. states would cost those states at least $32 billion altogether in 2019, according to a report released on Friday.and more »
Research Reports Coverage on Biotech Stocks -- Puma Biotechnology, Dipexium Pharma, BioCryst Pharma, and CTI ... - PR Newswire (press release)Research Reports Coverage on Biotech Stocks -- Puma Biotechnology, Dipexium Pharma, BioCryst Pharma, and CTI ...
PR Newswire (press release)
In today's pre-market research, Stock-Callers.com explores the Biotech arena with the following companies in focus: Puma Biotechnology Inc. (NASDAQ: PBYI), Dipexium Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ: DPRX), BioCryst Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ: ...
Global Biotechnology Separation Systems Market-Hitachi Kok, Illumina, Merck, Novasep
Global Biotechnology Separation Systems Market report 2017 is an in-depth research on the current situation of the Biotechnology Separation Systems industry. The Scope of the Biotechnology Separation Systems research report: The Global Biotechnology ...and more »
Increasing Government Funding for the Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Industries are Driving the Global Virus ... - Medgadget (blog)Medgadget (blog)
Increasing Government Funding for the Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Industries are Driving the Global Virus ...
Virus filtration is an important procedure in the pharmaceutical industry. It ensures the purity and steady consumption of valuable products, besides optimizing the economic process and preventing loss. Virus filtration feed streams generally exhibit ...
Here's What Matters Right Now For Generex Biotechnology Corporation (OTCMKTS:GNBT) - Insider FinancialInsider Financial
Here's What Matters Right Now For Generex Biotechnology Corporation (OTCMKTS:GNBT)
Generex Biotechnology Corporation (OTCMKTS:GNBT) rocketed from $0.004 a share to $0.015 between January 20 and January 25, as the company announced it had signed an LOI to acquire a controlling interest in an entity called Emmaus Life Sciences, ...
- Waterhemp, a common agricultural weed, has become increasingly resistant to atrazine and other herbicides. Waterhemp uses a class of enzymes known as GSTs to detoxify herbicides, but the exact GST responsible for atrazine resistance was not known until recently. Researchers used molecular methods to identify a gene for GST-based atrazine resistance. Knowledge of the gene will allow for easier diagnosis and could lead to the development of more targeted control options.
- A new mouse model with a working immune system could be used in laboratory research to improve understanding of Zika virus infection and aid development of new treatments.
- Scientists have produced pigs that may be protected from an infection that costs the swine industry billions each year. The team have used advanced genetic techniques to produce pigs that are potentially resilient to porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome.
- Wall Street Journal (subscription)
Nasdaq Slips as Biotechnology Shares Decline
Wall Street Journal (subscription)
Declines in biotechnology shares dragged down the Nasdaq Composite, pressuring an index that has soared so far this year. The Nasdaq fell 0.4% Thursday but is up more than 8% in 2017, outperforming both the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the S&P ...and more »
Trump's China ambassador vows to make beef trade and biotechnology priorities
WASHINGTON, Feb. 23, 2017 – Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad, President Trump's choice to be the next U.S. ambassador to China, said today that if confirmed he will make it a priority to get China to lift its ban on U.S. beef and reform its biotechnology ...and more »
- Minuteman High School receives biotechnology grant
Wicked Local Chelmsford
Minuteman High School has landed another major grant from the Massachusetts Life Sciences Center to help upgrade its biotechnology program. Minuteman High School has landed another major grant from the Massachusetts Life Sciences Center to help ...and more »
- How can the same infection result in dramatically different levels of illness in two different people? A new study identifies two conditions -- a genetic immunodeficiency and delayed acquired immunity -- that explain why a patient developed a life-threatening disease in response to a common strain of bacterium.
- Sexual reproduction and viral infections both rely on a functionally identical protein, according to new research. The protein enables the fusion of two cells, such as a sperm cell and egg cell, or the fusion of a virus with a cell membrane. The discovery suggests that the protein evolved early in the history of life on Earth, and new details about the protein's function could help fight parasitic diseases such as malaria.
- Scientists have identified a novel and important biological aspect of R. Solani while investigating brown patch infected cool-season turfgrasses: R. solani isolated from diseased tissue were persistently associated with bacteria during growth on solid media, leading them to uncover the impact of a bacterium on brown patch disease.
- A software tool and a systematic wet-lab procedure proven in practice are an advance in the design and construction of circuits made of DNA.
- Viruses propagate by infecting a host cell and reproducing inside. This not only affects humans and animals, but bacteria as well. This type of virus is called bacteriophage. They carry so called auxiliary metabolic genes in their genome, which are responsible for producing certain proteins that give the virus an advantage. Researchers have analyzed the structure of such a protein more closely. It appears to stimulate the photosynthesis of host bacteria.
- Scientists have found new evidence to support a classification system for viruses based on viral structure.
- Cellect Biotechnology Ltd. (Nasdaq: APOP) to Ring The Nasdaq Stock Market Opening Bell
Cellect Biotechnology Ltd. (Nasdaq:APOP), a developer of stem cells isolation technology, will visit the Nasdaq MarketSite in Times Square. In honor of the occasion, Shai Yarkoni, CEO & Co-Founder and Kasbian Nuriel Chirich - Chairman of the Board and ...and more »
- A group of researchers have developed a new methodology that uses nuclear magnetic resonance to study the metabolism. It is a tool that makes it possible to monitor metabolic fluxes and, in just 10 minutes, provide dynamic information about a considerable number of molecules. It may be able to be used in future applications to understand the reasons why some diseases develop.
- Genetic Literacy Project
How European-Based NGOs Block Crop Biotechnology Adoption In ...
Genetic Literacy Project
European politicians and anti-biotech groups lobby to prevent Africa from adopting or trading GE crops. Farmers have been forced to use agro-ecology ...and more »
- Genetic Literacy Project
How European-Based NGOs Block Crop Biotechnology Adoption In Africa
Genetic Literacy Project
I grew up in rural Africa, in Central Kenya, in a small village deep down the slopes of Mt Kenya called Gaikundo. For most parts of the year, it was a struggle putting food on the table for our family of 12 and those in the neighborhood. I now know we ...and more »
- BERLIN, February 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --Tillotts Pharma is strengthening its presence in the German market: the Berlin office was opened in January 2017 under the management of Magdalena Kritikos. The portfolio includes Entocort® for the treatment of Crohn's disease, Asacol® for the...
- MISGAV, Israel and SINGAPORE, February 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --On 22 February 2017, The Trendlines Group Launched a New Incubator in Singapore to Invest in InnovativeSingaporean Medicaland Healthcare Technologiesfor theGlobal Market. Other Partners in the Incubator are B....
BIO-Europe SpringĀ® 2017 va attirer des dirigeants du secteur pharmaceutique Ć la recherche de connaissances approfondies et de partenariats dans la biotechnologieCARLSBAD, Californie et BARCELONE, February 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --La onzième conférence internationale annuelle de partenariats BIO-Europe Spring® aura lieu à Barcelone en Espagne du 20 au 22 mars 2017 au CCIB, Centre des congrès international de Barcelone. Fondé par l'EBD Group,...
New England Journal of Medicine Publishes Phase 1b Results for Shire's Investigational Treatment for Hereditary Angioedema, a Rare Genetic DiseaseCAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts, February 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --Results Served as Basis for Ongoing Phase 3 TrialShire plc (LSE: SHP, NASDAQ: SHPG), the global leader in rare diseases, today announced the publication of results from the Phase 1b study of lanadelumab (SHP643;...
BIO-Europe SpringĀ® 2017 versammelt EntscheidungstrĆ¤ger aus der Pharmaindustrie fĆ¼r Brancheneinblicke und Biotech-PartnerschaftenCARLSBAD, Kalifornien und BARCELONA, Spanien, February 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --Die elfte alljährliche internationale Konferenz für Geschäftspartnerschaften BIO-Europe Spring® findet vom 20. - 22. März 2017 im CCIB Convention Centre Barcelona in Barcelona statt. Die Veranstaltung wird...
- LEXINGTON, Mass., February 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --- For Every 'Count', Shire Will Donate to Leading Rare Disease Organizations - Campaign Honoring Rare Disease Day Open to All at http://www.shire.com/RareCount Shire plc (LSE: SHP, NASDAQ: SHPG) today announced the launch o...
- Seeking Alpha
Unity Biotechnology: Investment In A Long And Healthy Life Becoming Possible
“Young blood” projects: Solid science continues with Grifols funded startup Alkahest, while less conservative Ambrosia is seeking paying patients for its anti-aging trial. Senolytics (Senescent cells) startup Unity Biotechnology defining a new space in ...
BIO-Europe SpringĀ® 2017 to Draw Pharma Executives Seeking Industry Insight and Biotech PartnershipsCARLSBAD, California and BARCELONA, Spain, February 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --The eleventh annual BIO-Europe Spring® international partnering conference will be held in Barcelona, Spain March 20-22, 2017 at the CCIB Convention Centre Barcelona. Produced by EBD Group, the event is...
Follow @BiotechnologyUK on Twitter!