Best Kolache Kountry Bakery
Readers know where to go if they want to experience award-winning pastries with an Old World charm. Kountry Bakery was voted the place to buy the best kolache in the annual Best of the Best contest. Kountry Bakery is tended by three generations of the ...
Chez Laurent's French restaurant and bakery ends dinner service
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- French Tart-Chez Laurent serves its final dinner Saturday, March 25. But take hope, Francophiles and fans of the Grant City bakery-restaurant: Chef and owner Laurent Chavenet says he still will present lunch, Sunday brunch and ...
In Photos: The Story of Venezuela's La Minka Bakery ...
A small bakery in Caracas recently made big waves when it was seized by the Venezuelan government. Management of privately run bakery, Mansion's, was ...en meer »
- Eater NY
Queens Bakery Workers Could Soon Be Fired and Deported - Eater ...
A Queens bakery has told 31 of its employees that it must procure valid working papers by Tuesday, March 28, or be fired. Tom Cat Bakery is responding to an ...
Advocates Rally To Help Bakery Workers Facing ICE Threat - VocativVocativ
Queens bakery demands that immigrant workers show their papers ...QNS.com
Tom Cat Bakery Tells Employees To Prove They're Not Undocumented Or They ...Village Voice
Food market news of the week - Brazil meat imports suffer, Kraft Heinz cuts more jobs, General Mills' sales in spotlightBrazil remained in the international business headlines this week as a number of markets put restrictions on the country's meat imports after it launched a probe into the industry. Further north in the US, Kraft Heinz announced more job cuts, General Mills faced more questions about its sales performance and meal-kit service Blue Apron diversified with the acquisition of meat supplier BN Ranch. In Europe, the UK's food manufacturers said they would miss the government's target to cut sugar.
Food market quotes of the week - Brazil's food minister on Carne Fraca probe, UK manufacturers to miss sugar target, General Mills faces questions over strategyBrazil has spent the week trying to limit the damage done to the reputation of its meat sector after its police launched an investigation into the industry. In Europe, UK food manufacturers warned the sector would miss a government target to reduce sugar. In the US, General Mills was again in the spotlight over its sales results.
- A rare blue pigment derived from algae could soon be used as a colouring agent in food, after €1.6M (£1.35M) was pledged towards investigating its commercial value by the EU’s Horizon 2020 project.
- A GBP10m (US$12.5m) package of extra funding to support Scotland's food and drink industry has been announced by the Scottish government in the face of "uncertainty" as the UK prepares to leave the European Union.
- Food and drink in Wales is to get a £21M boost, as the Welsh government launches a programme to fund research into food production and safeguard thousands of jobs.
- A Cardiff shop is serving up sandwiches in flavours ranging from liquorice allsorts to chocolate orange, both served with lettuce.
- A study commissioned for UK Coffee Week has found coffee shops pour £8.9bn into the UK economy a year.
- An ambitious new strategy to drive growth in Scotland’s farming, fishing, food and drink industry has been unveiled by Scotland Food & Drink.
- Healthy snack brand Graze has appointed Mark Wood as its new chief technology officer (CTO) and Louise Patterson as chief people officer (CPO).
- Combating climate change will be easier to achieve than improving global diets but both are interrelated, says a leading sustainability expert.
- Food ingredients producer Kent Foods is to move into Symingtons’ former noodle factory in Leeds, as part of plans to expand its operations.
- A £1M Scottish aquaculture programme has been launched to boost supply chain innovation, increase industry turnover by about £8M, and create up to 50 jobs.
- Scotland Food & Drink has launched a £10M strategy to double the size of its sector to £30bn by 2030.
- Food manufacturers could boost their revenues by 5% by opening direct to consumer (DTC) supply channels, according to a new report from a global supply chain management consultancy.
- A bakery, which was ordered to close on Tuesday (March 21) over food hygiene concerns – including “filthy” work surfaces and a “mouldy growth” – was found open for business the following day.
A bakery ordered shut for â€˜mouldy growthsâ€™ and â€˜filthyâ€™ work surfaces was found open a day laterA bakery, which was ordered to close on Tuesday (March 21) over food hygiene concerns – including “filthy” work surfaces and a “mouldy growth” – was found open for business the following day.
- Delivery drivers should be paid more to load and unload lorries, said the Freight Transport association (FTA), after discount retailers Aldi and Lidl were criticised for requiring divers to take on warehouse duties.
- 2 Sisters Food Group’s parent company, Boparan Holdings, reported a 17.8% drop in like-for-like operating profit in its second quarter trading update, blaming currency fluctuations and the “very tough” trading environment.
- Boparan Holdings, the parent company for the UK's 2 Sisters Food Group, today (23 March) reported a second-quarter loss despite growing sales, with the Goodfella's pizza and Fox's biscuits owner pointing to rising costs after the Brexit-sparked decline in sterling.
- Walkers Shortbread has been crowned winner in the Rural Employer of the Year category at the Scottish Rural Awards, with ingredients manufacturer Macphie named runner-up.
- Spelt supplier Sharpham Park has announced the appointment of Martin Brooks as sales & operations manager.
- Muffin Break has launched a new cinnamon and sultana Hot Cross Muffin.
- Epsom-based bakery innovation company EPP has appointed Rob Pedlar to the newly-created role of after-sales contract manager.
- Despite pressure from Brexit, Britain’s bakers are feeling more positive about the future of the industry than they were 12 months ago.
- Potato processing firm M&F Ltd has appointed administrators to sell the company’s assets, with the loss of 90 jobs.
- The UK's Food and Drink Federation (FDF) said today (22 March) "it will not be technically possible or acceptable to consumers" to meet a voluntary 20% sugar reduction target by 2020 set by the government.
- Premium own-label cake and dessert manufacturer Park Cakes has been bought by its management team from private equity owner Vision Capital.
- New milling wheat variety KWS Zyatt will offer millers improved quality, by delivering better dough texture and strength, claims Rank Hovis Milling head of technical Shaun Taylor.
- Food manufacturers should buy more British food, urges the National Farmers Union (NFU), after thanking discount retailer Lidl for backing British food and farming.
- Whisky workers are seeking “honest answers” from EU officials in Brussels today (March 22) over the security of their jobs once the UK quits the EU.
- Food manufacturer Apetito has invested £31M in its south-west factory to increase capacity and efficiency, creating about 40 jobs.
- Food produced from genetically modified (GM) crops and animals has an important role to play in feeding Britain, the Princess Royal has told the BBC, in an interview to be broadcast tomorrow (March 23).
- Food and drink exports from Scotland grew by £421m in 2016 to a record £5.5bn.
- Grain co-operative Openfield has appointed Philip Moody as group chairman.
- The Federation of Bakers (FOB) and the Flour Advisory Bureau have launched a #betterwithbread campaign with Instagram star Deliciously Stella.
- MmmLunch is an app that enables bakery customers to browse, order and pay before collecting their baked goods at a pre-arranged time.
- Claims that Brazil’s biggest meat processors have sold rotten beef and poultry highlight the importance of securing an EU trade deal that maintains Britain’s safety standards, says the National Farmers Union (NFU).
The Heineken Bakery wegens groot succes een dag langer open
The Heineken Bakery aan de Vijzelgracht in Amsterdam blijft een dag langer open voor bezoekers. Door het overweldigende enthousiasme, dat zich opvallend uit in wachtrijen voor de deur van de bakkerij, heeft Heineken besloten om de deuren ook ...
- The BBC Food and Farming Awards identified seven top trends – including a focus on alcoholic drinks and ethnic flavours – based on the hundreds of entries in this year’s awards.
- Organic food trade show BioFach played host to a variety of chocolate-based bakery, snacks, ice cream and muesli ingredients from Herza.
Follow @bakery_UK on Twitter!