- Idaho-based Driscoll Management Company has acquired state bakery firm Harper's Homemade Bread for an undisclosed sum.
- Over the past year, more than 20 food and drink firms have been fined for health and safety failings. Four of these prosecutions were for fatalities.
- More than 5M pumpkins end up in landfill after Halloween – a real life “food waste horror story” – research by Unilever and charity Hubbub has revealed.
- Mondelez India Foods Private Limited has launched a new "tiffin pack" of its Cadbury Bournvita Biscuits to target the "morning snacking" market.
- Pladis, the snack business of Turkish conglomerate Yildiz Holding, is increasing its investment in order to grow sales in the global chocolate and biscuit categories, CEO Cem Karakas told just-food.
- A Hooch advert featuring social media star Joe Charman has been banned by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA), after it ruled the juvenile behaviour depicted in the ad would appeal to under-18s.
- Sandwich manufacturers are “cautious” about being the first to market with a fully-automated sandwich systems.
- Sandwich fillings and sauces manufacturer Calder Foods has been bought by US multi-national foodservice firm Flagship Food Group for an undisclosed fee.
- Action on Sugar has urged food manufacturers to get behind Public Health England’s voluntary reformulation programme to tackle obesity and save the NHS from bankruptcy.
- The Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA) has urged the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) to extend its timeline for meeting short-term reduction goals aimed at cutting sodium consumption from two to "at least four years" and to "streamline" categories of products involved.
- Sports nutrition producer CNP Professional has been sold to The Protein Partners following a strategic review of the company.
- The government’s final funding proposals for the apprenticeship levy have been welcomed by EEF, the manufacturers’ organisation, which said it was “a significant step forward”.
- Plans to expand Heathrow airport – which has been given government backing today (October 25) – have been praised by the Freight Transport association (FTA).
- ABC2 News
Berger's Bakery at Lexington Market shut down by health department
Berger's Bakery at Lexington Market has been shut down by the Baltimore City Health Department. According to health department officials, the bakery was shut down due to a roach infestation. The bakery must be re-inspected by the health department ...
Berger's Bakery forced to shut down its Lexington Market outpost due to roach ...Fox Baltimorealle 2 nieuwsartikelen »
- Century Bakery sold? Pumpkin Extravaganza! Angie's arsonists: BEN Column ...
The column that has a messed up internal clock. —. Good morning! —. BEN.jpeg Don E. Woods | For NJ.com. I got a call from a woman suggesting a book from a local author. The book is called "The Girl in His Dreams" by Terri Ely of Upper Deerfield ...
- Extending the Groceries Code Adjudicator’s (GCA’s) powers would be unimaginably complex and would “paralyse the progress” that’s already been made, claimed the Food and Drink Federation (FDF).
- Metal wire in breakfast cereal and chemical contamination of dried fish lead this photogallery of recent food and drink recalls.
- Nieuwe tool voor promotiemateriaal van Smilde Bakery
Smilde Bakery heeft een nieuwe tool gelanceerd waarmee ondernemers zelf winkel- en promotiemateriaal kunnen maken, gepersonaliseerd naar eigen huisstijl met eigen acties. Nieuwe tool voor promotiemateriaal van Smilde Bakery. Op de website van ...
- Malay Mail Online
Malaysian bakery apologises after customer sees rat on tray of ...
The Straits Times
PETALING JAYA (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - A bakery franchise is apologising for an "unfortunate incident" where a customer saw a rat on a tray of ...
Rat on bread, bakery shutters Mid Valley outletMalaysiakini (subscription)
Bakery apologises for rat on tray incident at mall | Malaysia | Malay ...Malay Mail Online
Rats Found On Freshly Baked Breads At Bakery Outlet In MidValley ...mala
Malaysian bakery apologises after customer sees rat on tray of bread at mall outlet - The Straits TimesThe Straits Times
Malaysian bakery apologises after customer sees rat on tray of bread at mall outlet
The Straits Times
PETALING JAYA (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - A bakery franchise is apologising for an "unfortunate incident" where a customer saw a rat on a tray of freshly baked bread in its store at a popular mall in Kuala Lumpur. Komugi Bakery Malaysia said ...
Bakery apologises for rat on tray incident at mallMalay Mail Online
Rat on bread, bakery shutters Mid Valley outletMalaysiaki
- Consumer and Market Insights: Bakery and Cereals in Australia
PR Newswire (press release)
The Australian Bakery and Cereals market is forecast to register marginally higher growth in value as well as volume terms during 2015-2020. The Bread and ...en meer »
- Christian Post
ISIS Burns 6 Men Alive in Bakery, Uses Dough Mixer to Kill 250 ...
A Syrian woman has recounted the horrifying details of how Islamic State jihadis killed hundreds of children in her village and executed her son after he refused ...en meer »
- Marmite sales were boosted by £335,000 this month, thanks to publicity created during a high profile dispute between UK retailer Tesco and manufacturer Unilever over pricing.
- Food and drink manufacturers need to work with retailers to help customers have “an experience” when shopping, said grocery think-tank IGD chief executive Joanne Denney-Finch.
Popular N.J. bakery abruptly closes its doors after 84 years | NJ.com
JAMESBURG — A popular bakery in the borough has shuttered its doors after more than 80 years of business. Mendoker's Quality Bakery in Jamesburg was a ...
Landmark NJ bakery Mendoker's suddenly closes its doorsNew Jersey 101.5 FM Radio
Beloved Jamesburg Bakery Unexpectedly Closes After 84 Years ...Patch.com
Jamesburg bakery closes doors after more than 80 years of businessNews 12 New Jerseyalle 5 nieu
- The government needs to speed up its long-term strategy plans to support the growth of the manufacturing sector claims EEF, the manufacturers’ organisation.
- The Independent
Ashers Bakery's defeat is no win for the LGBT community – it sets a dangerous ...
Discrimination against LGBT people is wrong and is rightly unlawful. But in a democratic society, people should be able to discriminate against ideas they disagree with. PETER TATCHELL; 9 hours ago. web-gay-cake.jpg Ashers Baking Company refused to ...
Ashers Bakery same-sex cake appeal loss: McArthurs say case 'undermines free ...Belfast Telegraph
NI bakery loses gay mar
- There are four key messages from the British Retail Consortium (BRC) to reduce the spread of campylobacter, according to food policy advisor Elizabeth Andoh-Kesson.
- Food and beverage companies need to offer healthier products, fortify foods with vitamins and minerals and have less salt, sugar, calories and fat, to tap into the growing over-60s market, says new research from packaging company Tetra Pak.
- Ready meals manufacturer Granny Mary’s has exported 34,000 of its new range of frozen meals to Hong Kong.
- The increased popularity of baking created by the BBC’s Great British Bake Off (GBBO) saw a rise in spending on ingredients, revealed a study by food marketing agency Kindred.
- The owner of Errington Cheese has won a battle to keep £20,000 of his stock, after Food Standards Scotland (FSS) withdrew its order to destroy all remaining cheese following its alleged link to a July E.coli outbreak.
- An artisan food “boom” has helped grow profit margins of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to 6.8% of turnover over the past year, according to research by law firm EMW.
- The Union of Shop, Distributive and Allied Workers (Usdaw) has welcomed news that General Mills has agreed to sell its Jus-Rol facility in Berwick to Country Style Foods.
- Mexican baker Gruma booked an increase in third-quarter sales and earnings, with sales growth supported by currency exchange, price increases and volume growth.
- Whole grains may help significantly lower the risk of heart disease in overweight and obese adults who are under the age of 50, according to a new study.
- There are plans to create the UK’s first ‘peasant bakery’ near St Davids in Pembrokeshire.
- Organisers have revealed the timings for next year’s National Doughnut Week charity push.
- The new BX Eco-Wash Convection Oven range from Swansea-based Mono Equipment is the result of consultation with bakeries and major food-to-go outlets, according to the bakery and foodservice equipment manufacturer.
- Baking is now more common among 25- to 34-year-olds than any other age group, according to food marketing agency Kindred.
- It was widely reported high street bakery chain Greggs had scrapped scones from its 1,700 stores, and there was a furious reaction from consumers. But the claims have been denied.
- Daily Mail
Koala mother takes joey on her back down to the local bakery in South Australia
A koala and her little joey have been spotted taking a stroll down a footpath to a nearby bakery. The marsupials, who usually live off eucalyptus leaves, were videoed on Friday morning heading towards the shops at McLaren Flat, south of Adelaide. The ...en meer »
- Duluth News Tribune
Mystery letter to bakery inspires paying it forward
Duluth News Tribune
Deandra Miller runs Sweet Delicates bakery, selling sweet breads, pastries and other goodies. She has turned the tip jar into a pay-it-forward fund for buying pastries for the homeless. (Bethany Clough / Fresno Bee)1 / 2. A mystery letter with a $5 ...
Home Industry Bakery building new store in Hepzibah; To move next year - The Exponent Telegram (press release) (registration)The Exponent Telegram (press release) (registration)
Home Industry Bakery building new store in Hepzibah; To move next year
The Exponent Telegram (press release) (registration)
Home Industry Bakery in Clarksburg will be moving to a new facility next year, to be constructed at the site of the former Secret Furniture on U.S. 19 in Hepzibah. To expand offerings. Staff photo by Darlene J. Swiger. Monica Potter, an employee of ...
- Daily Mail
Oregon bakery that refused to make wedding cake for lesbian couple closes ...
The Oregon bakery that made news after it refused to make a cake for a lesbian couple's wedding has closed after legal battles left the business financial devastated, according to a Christian news site. Aaron and Melissa Klein, owners of Sweet Cakes By ...
- Quad City Times
French Rose bakery blossoms downtown
Quad City Times
French Rose Bakery and Cafe owner Jennifer Ewert makes a batch of sugar cookie dough. 102116-French-Rose-001. Buy Now. Kevin E. Schmidt photos, QUAD-CITY TIMES. A $10,000 grant from the Royal Neighbors Foundation has helped Jennifer Ewert ...
- Pacific Daily News
Inarajan history center and hotnu bakery celebrate four years
Pacific Daily News
This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button. Foreground. ---, White, Black, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Magenta, Cyan. ---, Opaque, Semi-Opaque. Background. ---, White, Black, Red, Green ...
Food market quotes of the week - FDF on Brexit, Bel buys into MOM Brands, Danone gets US criticism over GMOsThis week, Bel struck a deal to buy a majority stake in fellow French group MOM Brands. Another French food major, Danone, faced criticism in the US over its plans for GMO ingredients. US snack maker Utz Quality Foods accepted the backing of investment firm Metropoulos & Co. Nestle's third-quarter sales disappointed some in the investment community and we spoke to the director general of UK trade body the Food and Drink Federation about the impact Brexit could have on the sector.
Food market news of the week - UK action plan on exports, Bel strikes MOM Brands deal, BRF to invest in COFCO pork armThis week, the UK government announced how it hopes to support the country's food exporters, French cheese giant Bel said a deal had been struck to buy a majority stake in dessert and snack maker MOM Brands and Brazilian meat group BRF said it plans to invest in the soon-to-be-listed pork arm of state-backed, Chinese agri-food operator COFCO.
- CNSNews.com (blog)
Christian Bakery Sued by Lesbian Couple Closing
Melissa Klein, co-owner of Sweet Cakes by Melissa in Gresham, Oregon, tells a customer that the bakery has sold out of baked goods to sell for the day on Feb. 5, 2013. (AP Photo). An Oregon bakery has been forced to close down after losing a legal ...
Follow @bakery_UK on Twitter!