- Filed under:Mercedes-Benz,Technology,Sedan,Luxury,Technology of the YearThe cherry on top is the Drive Pilot suite of semi-autonomous technologies.Continue reading 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class | 2017 Autoblog Tech of the Year Finalist 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class | 2017 Autoblog Tech of the Year Finalist originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 23 Jan 2017 16:35:00 EST.Please see our terms for use of feeds. Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Filed under:Celebrities,Green,Videos,Mercedes-Benz,Green Culture,SUV,Electric,Off-RoadArnold finally combines his loves of luxury off-roaders and clean energy.Continue reading Arnold Schwarzenegger unveils the electric Mercedes-Benz G-Class of his dreams Arnold Schwarzenegger unveils the electric Mercedes-Benz G-Class of his dreams originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 23 Jan 2017 15:52:00 EST.Please see our terms for use of feeds. Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Filed under:Hirings/Firings/Layoffs,MotorsportsAfter a remarkable run at the top of the highest tier racing series, Ecclestone is officially out.Continue reading Bernie Ecclestone is out as head of Formula 1 Bernie Ecclestone is out as head of Formula 1 originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 23 Jan 2017 15:00:00 EST.Please see our terms for use of feeds. Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Filed under:Government/Legal,Green,Alternative Fuels,Technology,HydrogenThis hydrogen fueling station fits in your garage.Continue reading SimpleFuel home H2 fueling system wins $1M H2 Refuel H-Prize SimpleFuel home H2 fueling system wins $1M H2 Refuel H-Prize originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 23 Jan 2017 14:15:00 EST.Please see our terms for use of feeds. Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Filed under:Open RoadAfter carefully examining various data points, we've identified a few usability problems that are common and reoccurring across the automotive industry. Here are the five most common pitfalls and ways to avoid them.Continue reading The 5 common automotive HMI usability pitfalls The 5 common automotive HMI usability pitfalls originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 23 Jan 2017 13:45:00 EST.Please see our terms for use of feeds. Permalink | Email this | Com
- Image 1 of 13
Image 1 of 13 23 Jan, 2017 6:00pmJohn McIlroy
The fastest Range Rover doesn't fly off the tongue but the 543bhp SVAutobiography Dynamic certainly does fly up the roadJaguar Land Rover’s Special Vehicle Operations division has already launched an ‘extreme’ version of the Range Rover - but the SVAutobiography is focused on delivering a luxurious experience for the passenger. Some customers want the full-sized Range Rover with a bit more performance, though, and SVO&
- Filed under:Ferrari,Jaguar,Auctions,Convertible,Coupe,Classics,Lightweight,Performance,SpecialtyTotal sales neared $300 million.Continue reading Ferrari and Jaguar dominate the 2017 Arizona Auctions Ferrari and Jaguar dominate the 2017 Arizona Auctions originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 23 Jan 2017 12:40:00 EST.Please see our terms for use of feeds. Permalink | Email this | Comments
- BMW will buy more autoparts with Daimler, new purchasing head Markus Duesmann told the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung.
- General Motors has halted spending on new models for India while it reviews its future product line, a media report said.
- Filed under:Etc.,Green,TeslaFor Tesla, the only constant is change.Continue reading Elon Musk says to expect 'major' Tesla hardware revisions almost annually Elon Musk says to expect 'major' Tesla hardware revisions almost annually originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 23 Jan 2017 11:30:00 EST.Please see our terms for use of feeds. Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Filed under:Ownership,Car Buying,Car Dealers,Used Car Buying,Driving,InsuranceNow they really have everything at Wal-Mart.Continue reading Wal-Mart is going to start selling cars Wal-Mart is going to start selling cars originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 23 Jan 2017 11:02:00 EST.Please see our terms for use of feeds. Permalink | Email this | Comments
- BMW says it is in talks with German and British government bodies, as well as the VDA, with the Munich-based automaker urging London to maintain tariff-free access to the European Union (EU) post Brexit.
- Filed under:Geneva Motor Show,Subaru,HatchbackSubaru hatches its next small liftback.Continue reading You can almost make out the shape of the new Subaru Crosstrek You can almost make out the shape of the new Subaru Crosstrek originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 23 Jan 2017 09:59:00 EST.Please see our terms for use of feeds. Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Thyssenkrupp is further expanding its automotive components business in China. The industrial group plans to build a new plant for springs and stabilisers in the Chinese city of Pinghu
- Filed under:Etc.The successor to the AE86 and AE82 FX16 Corolla GT-Ss, now worn out and battered in a San Francisco Bay Area self-service wrecking yard.Continue reading Junkyard Gem: 1988 Toyota Corolla GT-S Junkyard Gem: 1988 Toyota Corolla GT-S originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 23 Jan 2017 09:28:00 EST.Please see our terms for use of feeds. Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Nissan's CEO has said the automaker would review its position on UK investment once the UK government makes clear its Brexit terms.
- The Bosch Group and Mahle groups said on Monday they would sell their joint venture, Bosch Mahle Turbo Systems (BMTS) founded in 2008.
- Not so long ago, the consumer electronics show (CES) was the place to exhibit the latest in computers, mobile devices and other electronic gadgets. It still is although the accent is changing. Every year, this Las Vegas tech fest attracts a rising tide of automotive suppliers taking space both inside and outside the convention centre halls. This month's management briefing turns the spotlight on some of those exhibitors operating in the brave new auto world of voice control, artificial intellige
- German automotive body, VDA, says the US would be "shooting itself in the foot," if newly-installed US President, Donald Trump makes good on his comments he could impose a 35% border tax on imported vehicles.
- We see if the latest Renault Clio supermini can take the fight to the Volkswagen Polo and Skoda Fabia 2017-01-23 12:00 The UK loves superminis. We can’t get enough of them, and every year the best-sellers chart is full of small hatchbacks – and petrol ones at that.
In 2016, around half of all cars registered in this country were petrol, and as the fuel is cheaper to buy than diesel it makes sense in a small hatch that might not cover huge distances over a year’s driving. This
- The new generation CR-V appears likely to to become Honda's top seller in the United States but a top executive isn't ruling out the also recently redesigned Civic.
- New Tesla Model S 100D gets official range of 393 miles, while new cars undercut P100D variants by a significant amount 2017-01-23 12:00 Tesla has quietly reshuffled its Model S and Model X ranges over the weekend, introducing new 100kWh battery pack cars to sit alongside flagship P100D models.
Dropping the ‘P’ performance prefix, the new 100D cars boast the same large battery packs as their high-performance siblings but use them to eke out additional range over record chasing 0-60m
- Although risks of trade friction have increased with Donald Trump's election as President in the US, a research note from investment bank Credit Suisse sees an all-out trade war between the US and China as 'unlikely'. The note also suggests a proposal in Congress for a tax adjustment on export income might emerge as a viable compromise to assist US exporters while avoiding the risk of retaliation from import tariff hikes.
- Thyssenkrupp has broken ground for construction of a EUR15m (US$16m) new test and development centre for steering technology in Liechtenstein at its steering business headquarters in Eschen, with completion slated for the first half of 2019.
- Delphi has named Glen De Vos as chief technology officer (CTO) and senior vice president, effective 1 March, succeeding current incumbent, Jeff Owens, who will retire after more than 40 years with Delphi.
- Mercedes and BMW still sell a good volume of the luxury sedans known as brand flagships. But the identity builders for European luxury brands are likely to increasingly become crossovers and SUVs as the sales shift to trucks continues.
- Wal-Mart Stores, the nation's largest retailer, is jumping into car sales through partnerships with dealership groups, including AutoNation Inc., the nation's largest new-vehicle retailer, and with CarSaver, an online auto retail platform.
- Volkswagen AG is looking to change the way consumers buy new-car options by using over-the-air updates to offer some features on a trial basis.
- Minutes after President Donald Trump was sworn in, the new administration declared its intention to abandon the Trans-Pacific Partnership and renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement.
- Nissan North America and Hyundai-Kia moved into the top tier of U.S. fleet players in 2016, joining the Detroit 3 in using bulk sales to boost marketplace presence.
- Mark Scarpelli, NADA's incoming chairman, is eager to work with President Donald Trump's administration to bring more 'sanity' to regulations and clarify recalls.
- Lincoln will continue to expand in China this year, but the pace of growth for its dealership network will likely slow after targets were exceeded in 2016.
- Jaguar will add a smaller, more affordable utility vehicle -- the E-Pace -- to its lineup in about a year, probably in Europe first, then the U.S.
- Ford Motor Credit customers will soon be able to purchase and finance new vehicles from a dealership's website, thereby making a visit to the store optional.
- Scott Pruitt distanced himself from candidate Donald Trump's promise to "gut" the agency and his claim that climate change is a hoax perpetrated by China.
- When look-alike stores sell the same vehicles at roughly the same prices, only the people distinguish one dealership from another. Yet very few dealers are good at hiring and retaining employees. It's costing the industry billions of dollars a year.
- The Maguire Family of Dealerships offers the Maguire Family Assurance policy, which guarantees the Ithaca, N.Y.
- As automakers and suppliers eye the potential of fully connected cities, the hard realities of rolling out those technologies are quickly becoming apparent.
- Surging sales in China are giving Cadillac's U.S. business a luxury it lacked during previous attempts to regain its former luster: time.
- Lidar sensing technology is perceived as a critical component for autonomous vehicles, but is too costly to use. Some suppliers say they finally know how to produce lidar less expensively.
- Karim Habib's departure as head of BMW brand design creates more upheaval in the group's design organization following two key departures last year.
- Automotive News has made changes to its editorial team and additions to its sales staff.
- Audi of America's six-year string of consecutive year-over-year monthly sales gains may grab headlines, but it is other industry-leading numbers associated with the luxury brand that turn dealer heads, says U.S. brand boss Scott Keogh.
- Filed under:Videos,CES,Volkswagen,TechnologyThree-dimensional gauge clusters are pretty cool. Eye-tracking tech that doesn't work isn't so cool.Continue reading The Volkswagen Interactive Experience at CES was promising, but not quite perfect The Volkswagen Interactive Experience at CES was promising, but not quite perfect originally appeared on Autoblog on Sun, 22 Jan 2017 14:30:00 EST.Please see our terms for use of feeds. Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Filed under:Tesla,Green Automakers,Driving,Technology,Crossover,Sedan,Autonomous,Electric,Luxury,PerformanceNot all of the Enhanced Autopilot features will necessarily be active right away.Continue reading Tesla's big Autopilot update is now active on newer cars Tesla's big Autopilot update is now active on newer cars originally appeared on Autoblog on Sun, 22 Jan 2017 09:01:00 EST.Please see our terms for use of feeds. Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Answering the question definitively will be crucial for both Kia and Genesis. Both cars are looking to challenge the established compact sport sedans and will need to carve out different identities for themselves.
- Mexico's auto industry celebrated record production, record exports and another year of double-digit sales gains in 2016, but the celebration has been muted.
- Discipline wins: That's the message Honda sent in 2016 with its U.S. sales performance.
- In the quest to simplify your car, automakers are probably going to make life more annoying and difficult, at least for a while.
- 2017 Automotive Forecasts Unveiled During Detroit Auto Show Week
JD Supra (press release)
It is “Auto Show” week in Detroit, as the city hosts the 2017 North American International Auto Show. This week includes press unveils of new and updated models, the latest mobility technologies at the AutoMobili-D pavilion, the charity preview ...and more »
Follow @AutomotiveNewsl on Twitter!