UNK Extension takes agriculture indoors
GRAND ISLAND, Neb. (KSNB) - Families from all over Nebraska came to Grand Island to learn about all things agriculture. Though for one of the organizers, she hopes kids learn while they're having fun. "So giving them a glimpse of the different tools ...and more »
Technology grows to help agriculture in Southern Virginia
The smart tables were developed in partnership with the mechanical engineering department at Virginia Tech and could also be used to cut metal and wood into different shapes. The Institute for Advanced Learning and Research is using it to time lapse ...
- Farm and Ranch Guide
Agriculture has some strange combinations at times
Farm and Ranch Guide
This photo on the Dalton Distillery website shows (l to r): Vann Brown, partner & director of marketing; Raymond Butler, master distiller, and Chuck Butler, founder. prev. next. After farming or writing about agriculture for most of my life, there isn ...
90% of PDS wheat in Madhya Pradesh diverted illegally: State Agriculture Minister - The Indian ExpressThe Indian Express
90% of PDS wheat in Madhya Pradesh diverted illegally: State Agriculture Minister
The Indian Express
The statement attributed to Bisen, who refused to elaborate on it later, comes at a time when there is talk about significant increase in wheat production in Madhya Pradesh. (Representational). Madhya Pradesh Agriculture Minister Gaurishankar Bisen has ...
- Connecting classrooms to Kansas agriculture
High Plains Journal
Growing consumer interest and trust in agriculture is a lot like managing your crops; there are much higher yields when the inputs are applied during the growing season. This is where the Kansas Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom comes in ...
- The ‘incredibly important’ Great British Beef Week is ending on a high, and FarmingUK has spoken to one of Britain's many beef farmers as to what makes UK beef so special.The week is organised by Ladies in Beef and runs from 23rd April to 1st May...
- A Lincolnshire farmer had to be freed from his tractor after he became trapped inside when he dislocated his hip.Firefighters were called to the scene by paramedics from the East Midlands Ambulance Service to help a man who was trapped in his tra...
- Imports of lamb into the United Kingdom are down substantially so far this year, helping to boost British producers.AHDB reports that the volume of sheep meat imported into the UK in February was down 36 per cent compared with the same period las...
- Sierra Leone: ACC Signs Integrity Pledge With Ministry of Agriculture
The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) and the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Food Security (MAFFS), has strengthened partnership in the fight against corruption by signing an Integrity Pledge on Thursday 26th April 2017. This event took place at ...
- The Scottish Farmer
Mentoring scheme for women in agriculture
The Scottish Farmer
WOMAN from across Scotland joined representatives from the Women in Agriculture group at the launch of a new mentoring scheme last week. Designed to create opportunities and networks for women working in the rural community, and launched in spring ...
- Darlington and Stockton Times
Post-Brexit policy must help drive agriculture forward (From ...
Darlington and Stockton Times
THE Government must create a post-Brexit agricultural policy that helps farmers drive their businesses forward.and more »
- Illinois News Network
Increase in agriculture education positions opens doors for new teachers
Illinois News Network
A state agriculture education group is recruiting a new generation of Illinois agriculture teachers to fill a growing number of open positions. According to Jennifer Waters, program adviser for Facilitating Coordination in Agricultural Education (FCAE ...
- KFB's Foundation for Agriculture awards $21500 in scholarships
MANHATTAN – Each year, the Kansas Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture awards scholarships to college students studying in fields that benefit agriculture and rural Kansas. Thirty-six recipients have received $21,500 in scholarships for the 2017-18 ...and more »
- Hindustan Times
Do not agree with tax on agriculture income, says Father of Green Revolution
Niti Aayog member Bibek Debroy stirred up a hornet's nest by proposing tax on agriculture income. Though finance minister Arun Jaitley quickly ruled out taxing farmers, chief economic adviser Arvind Subramanian later waded into the raging debate by ...and more »
- Guardian (blog)
Osun explains plans to dominate Southwest agriculture
Sometime ago, when the Osun State governor, Rauf Aregbesola said his state had devised strategies to tackle agricultural needs of his state and also provide jobs, it sounded like a political statement. But his willpower to create wealth and generate ...
Ag science expo helps kids connect science with agriculture | KHGI
A new interactive science expo allows UNL extension educators to help kids make a connection between science and agriculture.Families got a first-hand look ...and more »
- Iowa Farmer Today
High schoolers plan for careers in agriculture
Iowa Farmer Today
Sawyer Phillips is a graduating senior this spring at Pleasantville High School and is off to Iowa State University in the fall to study agriculture. 2017-04-29T17:00:00Z High schoolers plan for careers in agricultureBy Gene Lucht, Iowa Farmer Today ...
Khalsa College protest: Management blinks, appoints acting principal, registrar and agriculture HOD - The Indian ExpressThe Indian Express
Khalsa College protest: Management blinks, appoints acting principal, registrar and agriculture HOD
The Indian Express
Both male and female students of Khalsa College have been sitting on an indefinite dharna since Wednesday evening demanding the arrest of Mehal Singh and two others. 28. Shares. Facebook · Twitter · Google Plus · Whatsapp. Written by KAMALDEEP ...and more »
- Economic Times
Karnataka plans allocating Rs 10 crore to agriculture innovation startups
BENGALURU: The Karnataka government is all geared up to allocate Rs 10 crore for agriculture innovation startups in May. "The government has been and will assist startups in agri space with series A and B funding by connecting them to investors," IT ...and more »
- Poor farmgate prices, rising input costs and falling support levels have been blamed as figures show Scottish farm incomes halved in a year.The steep, downward spiral in farm incomes is placing 'huge' financial pressure on Scotland’s farmers and ...
- Nearly half of young people say they are intolerant to milk, according to a report published by the Food Standards Agency (FSA).In its latest Food and You survey, which it conducts every two years, the FSA found that 46 per cent of people aged be...
- New research on premature lambs grown in an artificial womb may one day change the outcomes for preterm birth humans.When premature babies are born at 23 weeks, their survival rate is just 15 per cent. At 24 weeks, that rises to 55 per cent.B...
- British dairy company Dairy Crest is announcing that the milk price it pays to its Davidstow farmers will be reduced by 1ppl from 1st June to 29ppl and by a further 1ppl from 1st July.The milk organisation says it will then hold the price at 28pp...
- National Herald
CEA opposes Jaitley, Panagariya on Agriculture Income Tax
As controversy rages on Agriculture Income Tax and the Centre passes the buck to the states, the question nobody is asking is, who are the people the Centre is trying to protect ? NH Political Bureau. Apr 29th 2017, 04.03 PM. SHARE. A day after Finance ...
No question of taxing agriculture income, says NITI Aayog vice-chairman Arvind PanagariyaTimes of India
NITI Aayog Looks To Double Farmer Incomes B
EU farming chief rules out special Brexit deal on agriculture in a strongly-worded speech - FG InsightFG Insight
EU farming chief rules out special Brexit deal on agriculture in a strongly-worded speech
EU farming chief Phil Hogan has ruled out a special Brexit deal on agriculture in a strongly-worded speech which declared Britain's intention to negotiate trade deals across the world 'fanciful'. Twitter Facebook. EU Farming Commissioner Phil Hogan.and more »
- via Farming TodayThere are thought to be more than three times as many vegans in the UK as there were ten years ago. In this programme, Charlotte Smith hosts a panel discussion about the reasons for the rise, and its implications for British farmers. Is it a threat or an opportunity? On the panel: Juliet Gellatley from the vegan campaigning organisation, Viva! ; Minette Batters from the National Farmers Union; writer and environmental activist Mark Lynas; animal welfare expert Professor John Webster from Bristol
Missouri lt. gov. meets with US agriculture secretary
Missouri Lt. Gov. Mike Parson (right) talks with U.S. Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue during a meeting in Kansas City Friday. (Office of the Lt. Goveror). Posted: Fri 2:09 PM, Apr 28, 2017 |. Updated: Fri 4:18 PM, Apr 28, 2017. KANSAS CITY, Mo ...
Georgian begins tenure as secretary of agricultureThe Times and Democrat
Troxler joins Trump as president signs order to rethink agriculture policyNorth State Journal (subscription)
- The average cost of renting agricultural land has risen four per cent since last year, new figures show.The Chief Statistician in the Scottish Government has released the latest figures on Tenanted Agricultural Land in Scotland.Average rent f...
- Inter Press Service
Climate-Smart Agriculture – From Tanzania to Vietnam
Inter Press Service
Farmers clear weeds from a trench, which retains water and prevents soil erosion during rains, as part of the FAO project to strengthen capacity of farms for climate change in Kiroka, Tanzania. Credit: FAO. ROME, Apr 28 2017 (IPS) - As part of efforts ...and more »
- The government's last remaining bird flu control measures - including the ban on poultry gatherings - will be lifted on 15th May, Defra's Chief Vet announced on Friday.
- Campaigners at the Women’s Institute are behind an initiative to encourage supermarkets and retailers to do more to tackle food waste.The campaigners say the UK wastes more food than anywhere else in Europe, costing the average household £470 per...
- Land Rover owners are being urged to increase security measures and be vigilant to thieves to reduce the risk of their vehicles being stolen - particular in rural areas.Latest figures from leading rural insurer NFU Mutual reveals that claims cost...
- The Campaign to Protect Rural England (CPRE) has published its manifesto for the 2017 General Election.The manifesto calls on all parties to recognise the countryside’s huge contribution to the economy, and to develop policies that will protect a...
- Bryan-College Station Eagle
North Dakota agriculture trade delegation to Peru returns
News & Observer
Officials with four North Dakota companies have returned from a trade mission to Peru where they promoted pulse crops such as dry beans, peas, chickpeas and lentils. The North Dakota Trade Office helped organize the trip, and state Agriculture ...
North Dakota Agriculture Day celebrated at State CapitolAdams County Extraall 2 news articles »
- Kawamura: 'Successful agriculture sustains civilization'
High Plains Journal
A.G. Kawamura wants to start a new dialogue about agriculture. The former California secretary of agriculture said it's time for everyone to recognize the clock is ticking and that people need to become more resilient when it comes to water and food ...
- Anadolu Agency
Turkey inks agriculture deals with 6 African countries
Turkey and six African countries signed cooperation deals in agriculture, fisheries and livestock in the Mediterranean resort province of Antalya on Friday. Speaking at the signing ceremony, Turkey's Food, Agriculture and Livestock Minister Faruk Celik ...
Turkey cooperates with African countries on agricultureYeni Şafak Englishall 4 news articles »
- Wheat prices driven by weather extremes and national trade policies, according to new research.
- French agriculture minster Stephane LeFoll has sought to reassure viticulturists and orchard keepers affected by severe spring frosts.
- Roanoke Times
Census of Agriculture countdown begins for America's farmers and ranchers
America's farmers and ranchers will soon have the opportunity to strongly represent agriculture in their communities and industry by taking part in the 2017 Census of Agriculture. Conducted every five years by the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA ...
- Arable farmers are hopeful of a lengthy approval for glyphosate as the EU prepares to makes its decision on whether the herbicide should be re-approved for agricultural use.Glyphosate was re-authorised for just 18-months last year after the EU de...
- Farmers have said they are disappointed with Tesco's decision to stock Argentinian beef in some of its Welsh stores on a limited trial basis.NFU Cymru said that retailers need to strengthen their commitment Welsh and British produce.NFU Cymru...
- High-profile vegan advertisement campaigns are having the reverse effect they desired, with the public shunning them and instead supporting British farming, according to a new YouGov poll.The survey, of 2023 UK adults, found that of the 83% of UK...
- A round-table discussion has taken place on the effective implementation of Scottish access rights.In addition to this, the talks, which took place at the Scottish Parliament on Tuesday 25 April, also focussed on whether there is a case for the n...
- A fundraising drive has helped raise £21,000 to pay the legal fees of an elderly farmer cleared of GBH after shooting an intruder in the foot.83-year-old farmer Kenneth Hugill was cleared of grievous bodily harm in just 24 minutes by a jury at Hu...
- The National Farmers' Union has warned that the agricultural industry needs mechanisms in place to deal with increasing volatility.This is despite incomes remaining relatively stable through 12 months of political uncertainty, fluctuating prices ...
- Avian Flu Prevention Zones and a ban on poultry gatherings are set to be lifted across England from 15 May.Measures currently in place to reduce the risk of Avian Influenza in England will be lifted from 15 May 2017 following the latest risk asse...
- Future of Agriculture Comes to UK for Field Day
UKNow (press release)
LEXINGTON, Ky., (April 28, 2017) — Thousands of students came together all in the name of agriculture during the recent University of Kentucky Agricultural Field Day. The field day, now in its 47th year, attracts some of the best and brightest middle ...
- Ongoing speculation over Brexit, the upcoming general election, and weather worries and elections in France are all producing uncertainty and driving volatility in markets.
- UK prices firmed, though US and EU prices fell this week.
- Although they are unlikely to match last year’s historic low prices, new season urea prices are expected to be towards the low end of the five year average
Follow @Agriculture_UK on Twitter!