- Cool and mild air battling it out over the UK & Ireland through DecemberA real weather battleground across the UK through December. Mild air to the west and cooler air to the east will be trying to establish dominance over the UK and Ireland. Current thoughts are that the cooler weather wins our, this bringing drier than average conditions to the east, although wetter in the west with the highest risk of rain, sleet and snow here.*10/12/16 - 17/12/16* A mixed week for all. Hints of condition
- Plenty of cloud, breezy in the west with some drizzle and rainGood morning,A change is underway today as milder air streams in from the Atlantic. For many of us it will be tonight before the effect is felt, but be assured it will be turning milder for all.
A fair amount of cloud around for all on Tuesday. There will be some brighter spells in the far northeast of Scotland, but generally it will be a rather murky day. Hill fog affecting many western areas too. Ireland and western Scotland are lik
- Rain in southern Italy and Greece, fair for most of central EuropeTuesday A strong anti-cyclone will be the main feature of the weather across a large part of Europe with a dry, settled day expected from France eastward across The Low Countries into Germany, Austria, Switzerland. A few showers to come near the eastern and southern coasts of Spain, otherwise it's a dry, sunny day across Spain and Portugal. More in the way of heavy showers are forecast from Sardinia into southern Italy and south i
- Maximum Temperature: 12°C (54°F), Minimum Temperature: 9°C (48°F), Wind Direction: South South Westerly, Wind Speed: 25mph, Visibility: Moderate, Pressure: 1016mb, Humidity: 97%, UV Risk: 1, Pollution: Low, Sunrise: 08:24 GMT, Sunset: 15:55 GMT
- Tuesday Plenty of cloud around through most areas today. There will be some brighter spells in the far northeast of Scotland. Thicker cloud in western parts bringing some drizzle and outbreaks of rain here, most of it affecting the west of Ireland and western Scotland. Rather murky across the rest of England and Wales with fog patches in places. These lasting well into the afternoon in parts of the the east. Lts of hill fog too. Milder air arrives in the west and south with highs here of 12C, ne
- MondayA cold, frosty start across central, northern and eastern areas this morning. Quite misty as well with locally dense patches of fog and freezing fog that may take some time to clear from low lying areas. These do clear with good sunny spells developing in many areas. It becomes breezy across south west England and Wales and rather cloudy for much of the day. Expect maximums of 2 to 9 Celsius.
Monday night A dry evening to come across Britain. With a good deal of cloud across Northern Irela
- Turning much milder but with plenty of cloud, windy in the northA change in the weather this week as milder air streams across the country. This will be producing plenty of low cloud, drizzle and hill fog as it arrives, but some brighter spells in the east too. It may be windy at times, especially in Scotland where there is a risk of gales. A little cooler for the weekend.For the weather for the next few days click hereThursday 8/12/16 The mild southwesterly flow continues through Thursday. A fr
- The Independent
UK weather: Last winter's floods 'most extreme on record' in UK
An appraisal of the winter floods of 2015/2016, published on the first anniversary of Storm Desmond, reveals it ranks alongside the devastating flooding of March 1947 as the largest event of at least the last century. November 2015 to January 2016 was ...and more »
Gloucestershire weather: freezing fog covering the county to make way for warmer weather - Gloucestershire LiveGloucestershire Live
Gloucestershire weather: freezing fog covering the county to make way for warmer weather
People around the county are waking up to freezing temperatures and thick fog this morning. As a hoar frost set in overnight, windscreens were left thick with ice today. Temperatures in Cheltenham and the Cotswolds were colder than those in Gloucester, ...
UK weather: Britain set to be warmer than Athens and Madrid as temperature rises to 15C this week - Telegraph.co.ukTelegraph.co.uk
UK weather: Britain set to be warmer than Athens and Madrid as temperature rises to 15C this week
UK weather: Britain set to be warmer than Athens and Madrid as temperature rises to 15C this week ...and more »
- Bristol Post
Bristol Live: Breaking news, travel and weather for Monday, December 5
Welcome to Bristol Live, the latest breaking news, travel and weather (it's still cold) for Bristol and the surrounding area on this day, Monday, December 5. We'll keep you updated with everything that's going on today in Bristol, from hold-ups and ...and more »
LIVE: Traffic, travel and weather as sub-zero temperatures hit Gloucestershire again - Gloucestershire LiveLIVE: Traffic, travel and weather as sub-zero temperatures hit Gloucestershire again
We will be keeping a close eye on the region's road as the mercury was -3C in Gloucester and -2 in Cheltenham at 6am. But will the temperatures be rising as the week goes on? Today, the Supreme Court begins hearing after the Government brought an ...
- Today will be the last day of this minor cold snap as much milder temperatures are expected from tomorrow. Across much of England it's a rather cold, grey and misty day with locally dense patches of fog and freezing fog in the south, across the Midlands and into the north east. These may linger in low lying areas for much of the day. Across Scotland it's a cold day with the best of the sunshine. Expect maximums temperatures 2 to 9 Celsius.
Quite a breezy evening and night across the south west w
- Showers across the MediterraneanToday Rain lingers across eastern parts of Spain with plenty of showers and rain from eastern Spain into the western and central Mediterranean. The rest of Spain and Portugal will be dry. Snow is forecast across Norway, Finland, The Baltic States, Belarus and Russia and it will be heavy with strong gale north west winds. With high pressure dominating, the weather will remain fine and dry with sunny spells across France, The Low Countries across the Balkans and The
- The Guardian
The weather in November | UK news | The Guardian
Last month's weather A “blocked” month brought settled weather for most of the country, most of the time. But Storm Angus broke the monotony.and more »
- The Guardian
The weather in November
A “blocked” month brought settled weather for most of the country, most of the time. But Storm Angus broke the monotony. Meteorology · Last month's weather. The weather in November. A “blocked” month brought settled weather for most of the country ...and more »
- The Guardian
Victorian thunderstorms spark calls for help after fatal asthma attacks
Ambulance Victoria responded to calls for help from people with breathing difficulties, two weeks after thunderstorm asthma in Melbourne left eight dead and 8,500 in hospital. Photograph: Tracey Nearmy/AAP. Australian Associated Press. Sunday 4 ...
Melbourne weather: Several dozen asthma callouts before cool change sweeps across VictoriaThe Age
Thunderstorm asthma: Be alert but not alarmed as
- ITV News
West Midlands Weather: Cloud and fog
This Evening and Tonight: Largely clear skies this evening will allow for frost to develop. Low cloud will then roll in overnight, bringing some fog, especially over the hills. Monday: Tomorrow will be rather cloudy for most of us with some fog ...and more »
- ITV News
West Midlands Weather: Cloud and fog | Central - ITV News - ITV.com
Read the latest Central stories, West Midlands Weather: Cloud and fog on ITV News, videos, stories and all the latest Central news.and more »
- ITV News
Granada Weather - Into the new week
A cloudless night will cause frost to develop widely. Some fog will form too, particularly in the east of the region. Rural lows -4 °C. MONDAY: After a frosty start, another dry, cold and bright day is in store, with hazy sunshine. Temperatures ...
Hawaii snowstorm: Severe weather warnings of blizzard-like conditions - International Business Times UKUs Weekly
Hawaii snowstorm: Severe weather warnings of blizzard-like conditions
International Business Times UK
National Weather Service issued a winter storm watch for the volcanic peaks of Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa. Fiona Keating. By Fiona Keating. December 4, 2016 10:53 GMT. Updated 9 min ago. Close. Embed Feed Snowstorms lead to Hawaii receiving ...
Snow in Hawaii?! National Weather Service Issues Warning for Winter Storm — Yes, in HawaiiUs Weeklyall 99 news articles »
Flooding rainfall, severe weather to target southern US into Tuesday
The threat for flash flooding and localized severe thunderstorms will expand across the southern United States early this week. Abundant moisture from the Gulf of Mexico will continue to fuel bouts of significant rainfall from Texas to the Carolinas ...and more »
- BBC News
Hawaii snowfall: Parts of state receive weather warning
Parts of the US state of Hawaii have received a winter weather warning, with up to three feet (90cm) of snow over the past few days. Weather experts say that it is not unusual for snow to fall in tropical Hawaii, but rarely has it fallen so heavily at ...and more »
- Maximum Temperature: 10°C (50°F), Minimum Temperature: 10°C (50°F), Wind Direction: South South Easterly, Wind Speed: 16mph, Visibility: Good, Pressure: 1021mb, Humidity: 96%, UV Risk: 1, Pollution: Low, Sunrise: 08:22 GMT, Sunset: 15:55 GMT
- ITV News
Weather: Another dry day with some fine spells
The early risers will notice a touch of frost and pockets of fog first thing. Top temperature will be 9C Credit: Met Office. This will soon clear to leave another dry day with lots of fine weather. There'll be plenty of sunshine across many central and ...
Weekend weather for South CumbriaNW Evening Mailall 44 news articles »
- Maximum Temperature: 10°C (50°F), Minimum Temperature: 9°C (48°F), Wind Direction: South South Easterly, Wind Speed: 15mph, Visibility: Good, Pressure: 1021mb, Humidity: 96%, UV Risk: 1, Pollution: Low, Sunrise: 08:22 GMT, Sunset: 15:55 GMT
- Maximum Temperature: 5°C (41°F), Minimum Temperature: 4°C (39°F), Wind Direction: South Easterly, Wind Speed: 13mph, Visibility: Good, Pressure: 1024mb, Humidity: 89%, UV Risk: 1, Pollution: Low, Sunrise: 08:21 GMT, Sunset: 15:56 GMT
- SundayA cold, frosty start across Scotland and the far north of England. Here locally dense fog patches will clear this morning. Rather windy today across England and Wales and feeling cold. Lots of sunshine will be on offer across much of the United Kingdom today. Perhaps more cloud may be near some North Sea coasts and also across Northern Ireland. Expect maximums of 4 to 7 Celsius but feeling colder in those brisk east to north east winds.
Sunday night The winds will lessen as we go through t
- Heavy rain across Spain, showers for the MediterraneanToday A very cold day across eastern parts of Europe with sub zero maximum temperatures from Poland eastward into Russia. A fine day to come for much of central Europe. Mostly sunny and dry across England, Belgium, Holland into Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic, the Adriatic Region and for much of the Balkans. Much of France will also be fine but the far south may see rain. Dense patches of fog may longer across parts of the Adriatic Regio
- There is a change in the weather on the way this week...
- Maximum Temperature: 7°C (45°F), Minimum Temperature: 6°C (43°F), Wind Direction: South Easterly, Wind Speed: 14mph, Visibility: Good, Pressure: 1027mb, Humidity: 85%, UV Risk: 1, Pollution: Low, Sunrise: 08:18 GMT, Sunset: 15:57 GMT
- Huffington Post UK
UK Weather Forecast: Health Warnings Issued Over Freezing Conditions
Huffington Post UK
Severe health warnings have been issued to many parts of England as temperatures plummet below freezing. All regions except the south east, south west and London are on alert as health officials advise people to look out for their family, friends and ...
Temperatures to plummet as 'severe cold weather' predicted for the weekendITV Newsall 13 news articles »
- Losing the frostsA change on the way this week. After a few cold, settled days, the weather turns more unsettled and much milder around mid week as low pressure and fronts bring rain and often windy conditions to all parts of Britain from Tuesday. For the weather for the next few days click hereTuesday 06/12/16 Milder today with outbreaks of rain across western England, Wales, western Scotland and Northern Ireland. Cloudy in the east but dry until rain arrives in the evening. A wet, mild night a
UK weather: Britain set for coldest weekend of year with ... - Mirror
Bookmakers have slashed the odds on a white Christmas and seen a huge gamble on this being the coldest winter on record.and more »
- Daily Mail
UK weather sees temperatures plunge to -10C before the coldest weekend of the season
... levels and led to health warnings being issued; Forecasters say sub-zero temperatures are likely to continue into weekend and may drop as low as -10C; Do you have any pictures of the wintry weather today? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BBC News
Unusual 'fog dome' spotted - BBC Weather
An unusual fog dome captured by Weather Watcher in north east Wales.and more »
- Maximum Temperature: 7°C (45°F), Minimum Temperature: 3°C (37°F), Wind Direction: East South Easterly, Wind Speed: 16mph, Visibility: Very Good, Pressure: 1026mb, Humidity: 76%, UV Risk: 1, Pollution: Low, Sunrise: 08:20 GMT, Sunset: 15:56 GMT
- Daily Mail
UK weather: Sub-zero temperatures for the South but in Scotland it's a balmy 10c
... the start of December is colder than usual; The warmest temperatures are to be found in the north of Scotland with Inverness waking up to 10C today; Do you have any pictures of the wintry weather today? Please email email@example.com.
As winter nears, Dakota Access faces frigid weather and costly delays
HOUSTON Dec 2 Delays to the Dakota Access Pipeline have added millions of dollars to Energy Transfer Partners' construction tab - but even if the line is approved, the freezing temperatures will bring their own challenges to finishing the drilling process.
Governor orders emergency evacuation of Standing Rock camp citing harsh weatherThe Verge
Standing Rock protesters refuse to bow to frigid weather, evacuat
- Little windGood morning,A quiet day across the British Isles with high pressure in charge. Cloudy skies for many, but there will be some sunshine, mainly in western regions.A weak front across eastern Britain brings patchy rain or drizzle. Light winds for all areas, which will maintain a rather damp feel where skies remain grey.
Central to south-western parts of England and much of Wales start frosty where it has been clear overnight, but elsewhere most places should start above freezing.Today's
- Daily Star
UK christmas weather forecast: Killer freeze and sun predicted
BRITAIN is braced for an onslaught of killer cold weather – but will be blessed with sunny spells before Christmas, forecasters have revealed. By Joshua Nevett / Published 2nd December 2016. UK christmas weather forecast GETTY. BRR-ITAIN: ...
- Daily Star
Weird weather sees snow fall in Saudi Arabia
BIZARRE weather has seen the desert sand of Saudi Arabia covered in a layer of snow as temperatures dropped below freezing. By Peter Truman / Published 1st December 2016. The winter wonderland scene is totally unexpected with the mercury normally ...and more »
- Evening Standard
London weather: Capital braced for freezing weekend as cold snap continues
London is braced for more frosty weather and sub-zero temperatures as a cold snap continues into the weekend. Forecasters predict overnight lows of -2C and daytime temperatures of about 7C on Saturday and Sunday. Cloudy conditions will bring a brief ...
Cold weather in England and Wales set to continueThe Guardian
UK weather: Temperature plunges to -9.7C on coldest November day in s
- Minimum Temperature: 7°C (45°F), Wind Direction: North Westerly, Wind Speed: 8mph, Visibility: Good, Pressure: 1030mb, Humidity: 87%, UV Risk: 1, Pollution: Low, Sunset: 15:58 GMT
- Met Office (press release)
Met Office awarded S4C weather service contract
Met Office (press release)
From Thursday 1 December S4C viewers will see a new look to their weather service, powered by world-leading weather forecast information as part of a new contract with the Met Office. S4C is a Welsh language television channel broadcast on a range of ...
- Settled weather continuesA benign weather pattern continues over the next few days, with some frost and fog expected. Dry weather will last into early next week, although some rain may develop as winds turn south-westerly from midweek, and it will become milder. For the weather for the next few days click here
Sunday 04/12/16 High pressure centred toward the east maintains settled weather across the British Isles. Dry for all. Frosty in rural areas to start the day, particularly in the north &am
UK weather: Cold snap to lift in time for Christmas - The Telegraph
The cold snap will continue to hold England and Wales in an icy grip but the chilly weather should have lifted by Christmas, the Met Office has said.and more »
- More cloud than recent days, mostly dry with the best sunshine in the southwestGood morning,It's frosty again in southern Ireland, much of Wales and southern England. Cloudier skies to the north have prevented temperatures falling too quickly overnight and so it is a milder start to the day here. Dry for most although there will be some spots of rain in the far northwest of Scotland.
Cloud tending to break elsewere with bright spells developing. These last into this afternoon with the best of an
- Rain in southern Spain and eastern Turkey, cold and windy north & eastThursday Rain in southern parts of Spain today as wel as the far south of Portugal. Central and northern Iberia will be dry with sunny spells. Scattered showers in the Balearics. Fine for Corsica and Sardinia as well as Italy. More sunshine for Greece and the far west of Turkey, but rain in eastern Turkey with snow inland. Fair for France with lots of sunshine and dry too, perhaps with a few fog patches in the north in the
- Maximum Temperature: 8°C (46°F), Minimum Temperature: 5°C (41°F), Wind Direction: South Easterly, Wind Speed: 10mph, Visibility: Very Good, Pressure: 1027mb, Humidity: 85%, UV Risk: 1, Pollution: Low, Sunrise: 08:18 GMT, Sunset: 15:57 GMT
Follow @weatheruknews on Twitter!