- What has caused the recent excessive snow and strong winds for parts of the Mediterranean?
- Monday A dry day across the country. Widespread, dense freezing fog patches are expected this morning across north east, central and southern parts of England. This will be slow to clear to sunny spells, lingering in some places into the afternoon. Dry with sunny spells across Scotland and northern parts of England. More cloud affects Wales, south west England and Northern Ireland. Expect highs of 3 to 7 Celsius.
Monday Night It becomes windy and cloudy across Northern Ireland and Scotland throu
- The Guardian
Severe weather kills 11 and injures 23 in southern parts of Georgia
A scene of damage in Hattiesburg, Mississippi after a tornado struck. Photograph: S Broadbridge/ddpUSA/Barcroft. Associated Press in Atlanta. Sunday 22 January 2017 10.04 EST. Share on Facebook · Share on Twitter · Share via Email; View more sharing ...
11 people killed in Georgia following severe weatherFox News
Storm claims 11 lives in Georgia; severe weather continuesWJXT Jacksonv
UK weather: Freezing fog vortex to engulf Britain in -5C temperatures and cause morning rush hour mayhem - Mirror.co.ukMirror.co.uk
UK weather: Freezing fog vortex to engulf Britain in -5C temperatures and cause morning rush hour mayhem
Freezing fog will engulf Britain most mornings this week as temperatures get colder than Iceland - and continue to plummet. The big freeze has seen the mercury fall as low as -7C this weekend and the sub-zero conditions will continue into the week, ...
Special Weather Statement: Dense fogWGRZ.comall 93 news articles »
- Maximum Temperature: 8°C (46°F), Minimum Temperature: 7°C (45°F), Wind Direction: Southerly, Wind Speed: 10mph, Visibility: Very Good, Pressure: 1026mb, Humidity: 77%, UV Risk: 1, Pollution: Low, Sunrise: 08:20 GMT, Sunset: 16:39 GMT
- Evening Standard
London weather: Temperatures plunge to -7C as forecasters warn of freezing fog
Temperatures plunged to -7C in parts of London overnight as forecasters warned freezing fog was set to hit the capital. Clear skies in the south led to a chilly start to Sunday with the cold snap forecast to continue into the week ahead. The coldest ...
UK weather: Sub-zero temperatures and freezing fog will grip parts Britain as cold weather continues into next weekMirror.co.uk
- ITV News
Philippa has Sunday's weather for the west
A dry, sunny but chilly day for all. Remaining clear and cold overnight with another widespread frost and some dense fog in places too. The fog and frost will gradually lift during Monday morning to leave another dry, sunny day for most. Play video ...
Coventry weather: Wintry weekend ahead as frost, cloud and rain forecastCoventry Telegraphall 24 news articles »
London weather: Capital's skyline captured during magnificent sunrise after freezing night - Evening StandardEvening Standard
London weather: Capital's skyline captured during magnificent sunrise after freezing night
London woke to a stunning winter sunrise as the capital's skyline was bathed in an orange glow after a freezing night. Clear skies in the south led to a chilly start to Sunday across the capital with the mercury plunging to as low as -7C. But despite ...
- Lots of dry weather across EuropeToday A very cold day across central and eastern Europe Quite stormy in the Mediterranean today with strong winds, frequent heavy showers and heavy periods of rain. Some rain may affect the far south of France but generally a dry day across. Dry with lots of sunshine for Germany, England, Belgium, Holland and across Denmark into Germany and Poland. Cold with rain across Italy and snowover high ground. Bitterly cold but dry and sunny across the Adriatic Region, Au
- Sunday Across much of central, southern and eastern parts of England it's looking fair and dry today with a cold, frosty start in places. Here expect the best of the sunshine. A few dense freezing fog patches may be found across the south east. More cloud is likely in the north and the west and this may give some bits of rain to parts of south west England, Wales, north west England and Scotland with snow flurries over highground. By afternoon it's dry across the west country. Expect highs of 3
- Minimum Temperature: 2°C (36°F), Wind Direction: South South Easterly, Wind Speed: 13mph, Visibility: Good, Pressure: 1028mb, Humidity: 73%, UV Risk: 1, Pollution: Low, Sunset: 16:36 GMT
- Daily Mail
UK weather: The BIG CHILL weekend continues
Brits braved the cold this morning as temperatures in some areas of the country plunged to -8C. In South Farnborough, Hampshire, the temperature recorded in the town was -8.1C at 5.38am this morning. Most major cities in Britain dropped to freezing ...
- Decreasing frost risk, gales at timesHigh pressure dominates for first part of the week keeping fronts out to the west with generally chilly, dry weather across Britain. Later in the week the high recedes and allows low pressure areas and their associated fronts to spread rain in from the west. It will also be much winder with gales in the north and west. Temperatures will become milder through the week. For the weather for the next few days click hereTuesday 24/01/17 Milder for Tuesday. A windy
- Maximum Temperature: 7°C (45°F), Minimum Temperature: 6°C (43°F), Wind Direction: Southerly, Wind Speed: 10mph, Visibility: Very Good, Pressure: 1027mb, Humidity: 85%, UV Risk: 1, Pollution: Low, Sunrise: 08:20 GMT, Sunset: 16:39 GMT
UK weather: Widespread frost, blizzards, damaging Polar winds to worsen conditions in coming weeks - International Business Times UKInternational Business Times UK
UK weather: Widespread frost, blizzards, damaging Polar winds to worsen conditions in coming weeks
International Business Times UK
The government has upgraded the cold weather health alert across southern England from level-2 to level-3. By Ananya Roy. January 21, 2017 05:46 GMT. Play Video. Play. Mute. Current Time 0:00. /. Duration Time 0:00. Loaded: 0%. Progress: 0%. Stream ...and more »
- Low cloud filling in from the eastGood morning,A broad area of high pressure is still positioned over central Europe. A slack south to south-easterly pattern influences the British Isles today.It will be dry for most with light winds. Sunshine will be extensive in some areas, generally best in central, western and northern Britain, although the south-west will be fairly cloudy, and banks of low cloud are likely to drift off the North Sea into eastern areas.
The remains of a front brings patchy r
- Saturday Low pressure over the western Mediterranean brings heavy rain to south-eastern Spain, the Balearics and Sardinia. Gale force winds around coasts. Some snow for the mountains. Rain also affects Sicily and southern Italy. Meanwhile, much of central & north-western Spain and Portugal will be dry with sunshine, temperatures 10 to 13C. Some sunshine for Greece and Turkey, but cool, around 11C for the Greek islands. Risk of a shower for Cyprus.High pressure centred over eastern Europe bri
- Maximum Temperature: 5°C (41°F), Minimum Temperature: 1°C (34°F), Wind Direction: South Easterly, Wind Speed: 16mph, Visibility: Good, Pressure: 1028mb, Humidity: 75%, UV Risk: 1, Pollution: Low, Sunrise: 08:23 GMT, Sunset: 16:36 GMT
UK weather forecast ALERT: Britain to be smashed by SIBERIAN ...
A BEAST from the East brutal winter freeze will plunge Britain back into Arctic hell THIS MONTH with sub-zero temperatures forecast until MARCH.and more »
- Saturday A dry, bright and chilly day overall. Plenty of crisp winter sunshine. Low cloud is likely to affect some eastern counties, and will tend to increasingly fill in from the North Sea through the day. Coastal districts of Yorkshire & Lincolnshire may see patchy drizzle develop through the afternoon. A slight east or south-easterly breeze. Feeling chilly, highs just 3 to 5C in central areas, 6 or 7C in the north.Saturday night Much of the country will stay dry overnight. Variable cloud.
UK weather: Temperatures could fall to minus 7C in weekend of freezing conditions and fog - Mirror.co.ukMirror.co.uk
UK weather: Temperatures could fall to minus 7C in weekend of freezing conditions and fog
Britain will wake up to a chilly weekend with widespread frost potentially causing dangerous driving conditions. Some rural areas are expected to see lows of minus 7C as the wintry weather continues, according to forecasters. A cold start on Friday ...and more »
- Chilly east, milder westOnly slow changes to the weather pattern over the week ahead, as high pressure remains close to the British Isles. Many places will stay dry, although rain will try and encroach into the west from time to time. Chilly air will persist in the east of Britain, but milder air will arrive in western areas. For the weather for the next few days click here
Monday 23/01/17 Pressure remains high across the country and many places will stay dry. Outbreaks of rain or drizzle possib
- Maximum Temperature: 6°C (43°F), Minimum Temperature: 2°C (36°F), Wind Direction: South South Westerly, Wind Speed: 7mph, Visibility: Good, Pressure: 1024mb, Humidity: 78%, UV Risk: 1, Pollution: Low, Sunrise: 08:22 GMT, Sunset: 16:38 GMT
- Light winds for most; breezy far southGood morning,High pressure extends across the British Isles - the high primarily centred over central-south-eastern Europe. Fair weather for all, but the remains of a front produces grey skies in northern areas.Bright sunshine for much of Wales, the Midlands and southern England. Mostly light winds, but a brisk easterly breeze affects exposed English Channel coasts.
Grey skies may produce patches of drizzle for south-west Scotland, whilst areas to the north-
- Friday Strong winds and heavy rain affects eastern Spain, and some further snow is likely over higher ground. Largely dry toward the Biscay coasts and across Portugal, highs of 13C in the Algarve. Rain also affects the Balearics and Sardinia. Rain or mountain snow for the Italian peninsula, whilst northern Italy and the Alps will be dry with sunshine. A few showers in Greece .Very cold air remains across central, east & south-eastern Europe, widely near or below freezing all day from souther
- Friday Dry weather continues under high pressure. A bright day for central and southern Britain, with plenty of sunshine. Cloudy skies across northern England may tend to break at times. Dull for Northern Ireland and much of Scotland, with patchy drizzle over the south-western Highlands. North-east Scotland will be brighter with some sun. Mostly light winds, but an easterly breeze affects the English Channel. Highs 5 to 8C.Friday night Staying dry into the evening and night. A light to moderate
UK weather alerts to be raised to SEVERE as mercury set to plunge this weekend
Freezing conditions will creep across Britain over the next few days prompting officials to ramp up cold weather health warnings. Temperatures in central and northern regions will plunge as chilly air from Europe nudges further into the country. Mild ...
- Minimum Temperature: 6°C (43°F), Wind Direction: Southerly, Wind Speed: 4mph, Visibility: Very Good, Pressure: 1038mb, Humidity: 83%, UV Risk: 1, Pollution: Low, Sunset: 16:32 GMT
Most terrifying plane landing ever? Pilot battles through freak 'weather bomb' as horrified passengers brace ... - Mirror.co.ukMirror.co.uk
Most terrifying plane landing ever? Pilot battles through freak 'weather bomb' as horrified passengers brace ...
A terrifying plane landing took place in the middle of a weather bomb as a pilot battle 80mph winds to bring his passengers down safely. The Jetstar aircraft was on its way down into Wellington airport in New Zealand as the weather phenomenon hit.and more »
- Milder in west next weekA rather benign weather pattern continues over the weekend and into next week as high pressure remains close to the British Isles. Cloud will tend to break allowing some sunshine by day, but this brings a risk of more widespread frost overnight. Some rain may push into the west by the middle of next week. For the weather for the next few days click here
Sunday 22/01/17 High pressure is centred over eastern Europe, whilst a slack pressure regime influences the British Isle
- Gloucestershire Live
Freezing weather, frost, and fog to hit Gloucestershire (anyone ...
Freezing temperatures will return to Gloucestershire overnight and into tomorrow, the Met Office has said. Thursday will see lots of sunshine – although it got off ...
Wrap up well! Freezing weather ahead with temperatures set to fall ...thejournal.ieall 2 news articles »
- More bright spells than recent days but still lots of cloud for someGood morning,High pressure remains over the UK this morning and this is bringing plenty of dry weather. The high extends into Ireland too, hence the reason for the dry weather pervading here as well.
We do still have the remnants of a weak front extending through East Anglia, the Midlands and Wales, this producing soe thicker cloud and a few spots of drizzle on the hills. Elsewhere it should be mostly dry, although still some lo
- Wet in the Mediterranean, dry in central areasThursday Dry for Portugal today with sunny spells and remaining dry in northern Spain too. Rain affects easter and southern Spain, some of this being heavy. Wet too in the Balearics and windy. Rain in the south of Italy but fair to the north. Greece will have heavy showers and rain affects the west of Turkey. Eastern Turkey should be fair. Fair for France with sunny spells but breezy to the south. Dry across the Low Countries and Germany as well as P
CSKA Moscow head for warm-weather training in Spain after -5C cold-snap... only to see session called off due to ... - The SunThe Sun
CSKA Moscow head for warm-weather training in Spain after -5C cold-snap... only to see session called off due to ...
CSKA escaped Russia's freezing winter for some warm-weather training in sunny Spain only for it to be abandoned by a SNOW STORM. The club is currently enjoying a three-month winter break from the Russian Premier League as the temperatures are too ...
CSKA Moscow warm-weather training in Spain scuppered... by snow!RTall 5 news articles »
- Wednesday Another quiet weather day across the UK and Ireland. Early frost in southern parts of England will allow for the best of the sunshine to occur here again. Elsewhere it is going to be cloudier. There could be some murky and drizzle affecting central areas of England and Wales with a sopt of drizzle. Most will be dry with cloud breaking in eastern Scotland to allow a few bright spells here. Highs at 9C in northern Scotland, 5C in southeast England.
Thursday Night More cloud through tonig
Experts warn extreme space weather would cause £32.5 BILLION ...
Extreme space weather could knock out power grids on Earth costing the USA more than £32.5 billion ($40 billion) in a single day, researchers have warned.
Space weather blackouts 'could cost £33bn'Sky Newsall 4 news articles »
- The Independent (registration)
Courgette deficit: UK gripped by vegetable shortage after cold ...
The Independent (registration)
A courgette shortage has hit the UK after months of cold weather in southern Europe has halted production of the vegetable. Cold weather in Spain and Italy, ...
Courgette supplies running low after cold weather hits suppliers in EuropeBelfast Telegraph
What a pickle: UK gripped by courgette shortageThe Guardianall 47 news articles »
Climate change set to dramatically reduce days of mild weather across the world - The Independent (registration)The Independent (registration)
Climate change set to dramatically reduce days of mild weather across the world
The Independent (registration)
Parts of the world will lose up to 50 days of 'mild weather' a year as climate change brings more storms, heatwaves and heavy rain, researchers have found. But while mild days – defined as 18 to 30 degrees Celsius with low humidity and little rain and ...
Dramatic decrease in 'mild' weather for tropical countries by 2100Carbon Brief
Climate Change W
- Maximum Temperature: 6°C (43°F), Minimum Temperature: 5°C (41°F), Wind Direction: South Easterly, Wind Speed: 8mph, Visibility: Good, Pressure: 1035mb, Humidity: 89%, UV Risk: 1, Pollution: Low, Sunrise: 08:24 GMT, Sunset: 16:34 GMT
- Daily Mail
Climate change could reduce 'perfect' weather days
Global warming is going to steal away some of those postcard-perfect weather days in the future, according to a first-of-its-kind projection of nice weather. On average, Earth will have 10 fewer days of mild and mostly dry weather by the end of the ...and more »
- Dry with lots of cloud then turning more unsettled and milder next weekWeather remains quiet through the coming days with high pressure over and to the south of the country. Plenty of cloud for many areas but the risk of some drizzle in the west at times. Milder and more unsettled weather edging into Ireland and Scotland next week, but probably staying drier in the east and south, temperatures slowly lifting here.For the weather for the next few days click hereSaturday 21/1/17 High pressure to t
- Maximum Temperature: 7°C (45°F), Minimum Temperature: 5°C (41°F), Wind Direction: South Easterly, Wind Speed: 7mph, Visibility: Good, Pressure: 1034mb, Humidity: 90%, UV Risk: 1, Pollution: Low, Sunrise: 08:24 GMT, Sunset: 16:34 GMT
Chinese authorities tell local weather forecasters to stop issuing ...
Chinese authorities have asked an unnamed Chinese province to turn off its early warning alert system for smog to avoid mismatches between environment and ...and more »
- Cloudy for most with a morning frost in the southeastGood morning,It's another quiet weather day. High pressure brings little changes to the weather for all of us. It is going to be a chilly start across the far south and southeast with a touch of frost. The best of the sunshine today will be here too.
Cloudier and frost free further north, although there could be an odd spot of drizzle over the hills. Staying dry through this afternoon, again it will be mostly cloudy with some drizzle on the hi
- Dry in central Europe but a wet MediterraneanWednesday Fair for much of Spain and Portugal today although cooler once again. Breezier with some showers on eastern coasts. Breezy, cold and unsettled through Corsica and Sardinia as well as much of Italy where there could be some snow in the north. Heavy rain across southern Italy, this extending into much of Greece. Western Turkey stays wet as well, whilst the east should be dry. France is windy in the south and feeling cold here. Lighter winds to
- Maximum Temperature: 7°C (45°F), Minimum Temperature: 4°C (39°F), Wind Direction: South Easterly, Wind Speed: 6mph, Visibility: Good, Pressure: 1034mb, Humidity: 91%, UV Risk: 1, Pollution: Low, Sunrise: 08:24 GMT, Sunset: 16:34 GMT
- Italy weather: Heavy snow grips earthquake region - BBC News
Central Italy is in the grip of heavy snowfall and very low temperatures, adding to the disruption caused by recent huge earthquakes. Worst affected is the ...and more »
- Maximum Temperature: 9°C (48°F), Minimum Temperature: 5°C (41°F), Wind Direction: South Westerly, Wind Speed: 7mph, Visibility: Very Good, Pressure: 1037mb, Humidity: 86%, UV Risk: 1, Pollution: Low, Sunrise: 08:27 GMT, Sunset: 16:30 GMT
- ITV News
Anglia Weather: Remaining chilly for the next few days - ITV.com
Spots of light rain should ease through the evening, although a few showers may continue along the coast. Clearer spells will develop through the night, ...and more »
Follow @weatheruknews on Twitter!