- Katie was found by her mother following the shocking incident after she left primary school in York on Monday afternoon.
Dramatic moment axeman Tasered by police in front of horrified shoppers outside packed shopping centreThe man was chased by officers after being spotted with the weapon before was dramatically stopped by officers outside the Bullring in Birmingham city centre
Children aged SIX paid to wear erotic clothing and be photographed by paedophiles - and it's perfectly LEGALVulnerable children are being filmed in erotic clothing in a disturbing culture 'encouraging child exploitation' in Japan
- Two suspects have now been charged in connection with the brawl
- Pete Oxford has described the heart-stopping moment he and a friend sat in silence during their 80-minute encounter with the big cat
Angry bull gores up man's backside at festival leaving him with horrendous injuries including perforated organWARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT. The most serious injuries were sustained by a 56-year-old man, who is now in hospital in a critical condition
- They include previous Labour MPs, Peter Mandelson, the media and the weather. Here's the full list
Mum detained indefinitely for killing three-year-old daughter this week already allowed back into communityParanoid schizophrenic Iman Omar Yousef, 32, admitted killing little Alia Ahmed Jama in February 2010 and told a court she was “driven by voices in her head”
Brother of Brit tourist found dead in Thailand after messages about 'guy in face mask' believes he was murderedAndrew Apperley, 38, vanished after telling his family he was attending a Full-Moon Party and his brother Richard is planning to fly to Thailand for answers
Undefeated transgender wrestler wins girls championship but sparks controversy with use of testosteroneDebate is raging over whether Mack Begg should be allowed to compete with girls while taking testosterone during his transition
UK weather: Violent 70mph gusts to batter Britain as a bitter Arctic bite sweeps in to cause rush hour mayhemMore vicious gales of up to 70mph will pummel the UK as the gloomy weather misery relents
- Police are treating the death as 'unexplained' after a man was found dead in a flat in Perth in the early hours of yesterday morning
- Ian Yates said: “Joanna would not have hesitated to volunteer to be an organ donor, as a vegetarian with strong beliefs and a caring, compassionate personality"
Bellingham car crash: Three pedestrians fighting for life after horror crash as Mercedes driver is arrested for drink-drivingThree pedestrians are in a critical condition and another two are injured after a Mercedes ploughed into pedestrians in south London - the driver has been arrested
- We'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story.
Newborn twin comforts baby brother fighting for life by holding his hand in powerful display of sibling loveTiny Cooper Keen spent the first weeks of his life in hospital but when twin brother Lucas was taken to visit their heartwarming bond was captured by their proud mum
- The Ukip leader skipped an interview with the BBC so he could 'rest up' after 'personal attacks'
- Liza Jones, 26, said she suffered the worst pain in her life after she visited Flip Out in Chester when she plunged from a 4m-high platform
- The woman was left unconscious and suffered significant injuries to her face and neck that required hospital treatment
- Nicki Owen, 37, started experiencing chest pains at 29 weeks pregnant with her second child Erin
- Onlookers said the ex-Ukip leader "wasn't invited" but was squeezed in "last minute"
- The Bank of England says it is unaware of forged polymer notes but has admitted the fiver's design has been copied to paper in a small number of cases
Child rapist raked in £115,000 on benefits scam after claiming he needed wheelchair while jet-skiing and runningMichael Miszczak, 54, who raped two young girls during a campaign of “grotesque” abuse, claimed compensation from the National Coal Board after a mining accident in Merseyside
- Dr Joanne Rowe, 53, turned Ellie-May Clark away and she later died at home from an asthma attack
Girl, 5, died after mum turned up FOUR minutes late for emergency appointment and GP refused to see herDr Joanne Rowe, 53, turned Ellie-May Clark away and she later died at home from an asthma attack
OJ Simpson set to walk free from prison THIS YEAR after serving less than a third of his 33-year sentenceThe 69-year-old former NFL star was jailed in 2008 after being found guilty of a string of charges including kidnapping, robbery and assault with a deadly weapon
CBB's Jamie O'Hara says it's early days but he's "really happy" to be back with ex-girlfriend Elizabeth Jayne TierneyThe footballer briefly romanced Bianca Gascoigne in the CBB house
'Saying "I do" was top of my dying dog's bucket list' - meet the owner who gave her pet a sweet send-offWhen her beloved black Labrador, Wellington, was diagnosed with terminal cancer, Amy Loveless, 29, was determined to make the most of the time he had left…
- WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT. At least 28 people were injured after a truck reportedly plowed into party-goers at a Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans.
- Claire Martin, 31, died after being stabbed multiple times in Naples, Italy, in 2012 but police maintain it was suicide
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!