Of all the disturbing stories to emerge surrounding the month-old Donald Trump administration, one of the latest threatens to, well, trump all the others.
Alex Jones is reportedly taking on the role of “occasional information source and validator for the President of the United States” and the pair chat on the phone regularly.
Who the hell is Alex Jones? Well, let’s get the basics out of the way first.
-- This feed and its contents are the property of T
- An animal-loving comedian has created description tags for the cats in his local animal shelter to help rehome them.
Jeff Wysaski imagined a personality for each cat, listing their likes and dislikes, and left the tags outside the entrance to Sante D’Or Animal Rescue, Los Angeles, California.
The comedian was sure to make each description witty and personalised, in the hope that it would encourage people to adopt the kitties. “I gave these adoptable cats some interesti
- #FistFight is lit AF. Check out this recap of their night of live comedy with the one & only Ice Cube!
- If you want a flauntré, you've got to FLAUNT it.
- As you’re no doubt aware by now, Milo Yiannopoulos’s book, Dangerous, has been cancelled after footage emerged of the alt-right agitator appearing to defend pedophilia.While the move prompted joy from the left and outrage from some on the right, none encapsulated the episode quite like Edinburgh-based publisher, Canongate.Very happy (delighted really) to announce that we’re also not publishing Milo.— Canongate (@canongatebooks) February 21, 2017Milo joins such lumina
- It is widely accepted that there isn’t an object in the conceivable universe that cannot run the classic video game Doom.
From iPods to giant advertising boards there is no limit to what people will do in order to play Doom on anything but its intended format.
A hero of this movement is the YouTube user Matt Swarthout who famously satirised the ridiculous lengths that people gone to by showing how you could ‘play’ Doom using a toaster.
Well Matt is back, and this time he’
- A woman has been documenting her life as a permanent third wheel, showing single people everywhere they’re not alone.
The unnamed woman posts hilarious photos of herself photobombing happy couples to the Instagram account Third Wheel Extravaganza.
“Ah, love. It makes the world go round. Unless you’re me. Then you just lurk in the background of cute couples,” she says in her bio.
The lone wolf has taken on the role of third wheel on a variety of occasions, including:
- A teenager came up with a hilarious way to check her best mate’s date was going to plan by hiding at the back of the restaurant in costume.
Dawsyn Eubanks, 19, from Texas, had told her best friend, 18-year-old Georgia Hoyer, that she was meeting a guy for a first date.
Eubanks had been introduced to the guy through a mutual friend, but protective Hoyer wasn’t taking any chances. She donned a fake moustache and glasses in order to spy on her pal.
Thankfully, Eubanks saw the funny
- American talkshow host Bill Maher lambasted Republicans on Friday night in an impassioned speech condemning right-wing politicians for letting Donald Trump “get away with pretty much anything” just because he is a Republican.
The Real Time host questioned why Republicans were so willing to give those with the “magic” capital R after their name such an easy ride.
Maher listed the number of times Trump did not “put America first”, such as when the US President s
- Oh. My. Word.
It surely can’t carry on at this pace, can it?
This week saw a high profile resignation amid a major scandal, a handshake that shook Trump’s power-play and an embarrassing gust of wind - and that was just the first three days.
(Last week’s edition of TrumpWatch can be found here).
-- This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on
- When things are about to get awkward... #GETOUT. See @GetOutMovie in theaters February 24! Get your tickets: unvrs.al/GetOutTix
- As you’ll no doubt be aware by now, yesterday President Trump held a press conference that stunned the entire world.
After claiming his chaotic administration was actually a “fine-tuned machine” he then set about goading journalists, lying (again) about the extent of his election victory and denying he was racist, whilst saying some curiously-phrased things to a black reporter and telling a Jewish reporter to be quiet.
As if that wasn’t enough head-spinning entertainment
- A woman who wanted to show off her Valentine’s bouquet got a little more than she bargained for when the pollen rubbed off onto her face. Imgur user bmagnusson took a mirror selfie with the beautiful bunch of lilies she’d been sent, but ended up with large specks of pollen on her chin.
When she tried to rub it off, the pollen stained her face... To the point where she looked like an extra from The Simpsons. The hilarious snap has been viewed more than 180,000 tim
- Paul Nuttall is paying the price for backtracking on yet another claim - this time admitting he did not lose “close, personal friends” in the Hillsborough disaster.
The declaration had appeared on his website, but was taken down on Tuesday and attributed to a blunder by a Ukip press officer.
It follows further claims made under his own name, such as that he was once a professional footballer for Tranmere Rovers, or that he holds a PhD, that he has since had to admit were false.
- Episode 1/10. CollegeHumor's Emily and Murph are back for a 10-episode mini-series.
- We are well aware that the Domino’s delivery guy texts us more than any other human being, we really don’t need a whole day dedicated to reminding us.
But luckily for the single people out there, the internet is ready and willing to comfort us, feed us biscuits and tell us how pretty we are while we wallow in self pity for 24 hours.
What did we do before Twitter?For those of you not feeling soppy, here is St #Valentine being beheaded. pic.twitter.com/7B94q6JYIq— Paul Carmichael
- While the world focused on how Justin Trudeau would deal with The Donald’s handshake, one lesser noticed detail was briefly exposed by a rogue gust of wind.
As the two world leaders met at the White House on Monday, Trump turned to enter his new residence with the Canadian PM in tow.
And, for a brief split-second, that legendary, perfectly coiffured mane of wispiness was shoved to one side to reveal a demarcation the likes of which has not been seen since North and South Korea were establi
- #FistFight is lit AF. Check out this recap of their night of live comedy with the one & only Ice Cube!
- This Valentine's Day Unleash Your Inner Warrior.
For Honor the game is available on 2.14.17 for PS4, Xbox One and PC.Click here to view the launch trailer!
- Two brothers have created the perfect gift for their parents in the form of a throwback photoshoot.
The men have recreated photos from their childhood with matching outfits and similar (sometimes vacant) poses.
The results are incredibly amusing. A gift to our parents-- This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.
- OK, we’re 23 days in but the pace of Donald Trump’s presidency has not slowed one jot.
The Muslim ban is still a thing, John Bercow is in trouble and Rupert Murdoch’s role in everything came to the fore with an explosive revelation from the FT.
TrumpWatch is your new weekly digest of the major flash points in Donald Trump’s world - all tailored for Brits (last week’s edition can be found here).
-- This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington P
- We say: lean into it.
- For the latest in our WISE WORDS interview series - where stars from a whole range of fields share the important life lessons they’ve learned along the way - we’re posing some of the big questions to comedian MARK WATSON.
As well as his TV work Mark has had a number of critically acclaimed radio shows, including his BBC Radio 4 series’ ‘Mark Watson Makes The World Substantially Better’, ‘Mark Watson’s Live Address To The Nation’ and ‘Mar
- When you’re single and at a wedding, the only way to get through the day is to laugh (and drink a lot). Janessa James is a pro, having been a bridesmaid 12 times.
The 21-year-old recently shared a hilarious photo of herself at a friend’s wedding, where she was called upon to help the bride and groom get the perfect wedding photo.
“This is an actual photo of me (extremely single) helping my best friend with her bridals,” she captioned the photo on Reddit.
- Donald Trump has signed off a tweet “EASY D!” in another reminder that this isn’t a nightmare and he really is the president.
Having condemned Nordstrom for dropping his daughter Ivanka Trump’s fashion range, Trump tweeted about the supposed “big increase in traffic into our country from certain areas”.
This is presumably a reference to the fact the judiciary had stayed his Muslim ban.
Trump lamented this “big increase in traffic” happened “w
- A woman was flattered to receive a huge cosmetics haul from a mystery sender – only to discover the present was sent by herself when drunk.
Pauline O’Neill, 34, is only 4ft10” and rarely drinks but last Friday enjoyed a rare bottle of red wine to herself.
While inebriated in the early hours of the morning, she splashed out £30 on Lush pamper products and a further £20 on goodies on eBay – but forgot the lot.
It arrived at her door along with a note reading:&nb
Kim Woodburn And Phillip Schofield's Row Has Been Remixed To 'Independent Women Pt 1', And It's GeniusAnyone who watched Kim Woodburn go at it hammer and tongs with Phillip Schofield on ‘This Morning’ earlier this week will know what a piece of TV gold it was.
But now it’s been made even better, in a viral video that sets their spat to hit ‘Independent Women Pt 1’.
The Destiny’s Child hit has been given a reworking by the good people at The Hook, and without spoiling it for you, it is genius.
Enjoy, luvvies. type=type=RelatedArticlesbloc
- Donald Trump’s hypocrisy in publishing an incomplete list of “unreported” terror attacks has been mocked by comedian Trevor Noah.
The Daily Show star highlights that the US President’s list attacking the media ignores terror offences committed by white people.
It comes after Trump’s administration released the details of 78 incidents Trump claims the “dishonest media” did not cover.Tonight at 11/10c, we learn Donald Trump’s definition of terro
- The powerless deserve a voice--and maybe that voice should be a crazy wack-a-doo coked up conspiracy theorist meth head with a bad sense of humor.
- We’ve all been there: you move into a new place and you’re not quite sure how everything works. Where’s the fuse box? How do you put the heating on timer?
Light switches, however, rarely prove to be an issue.
That is unless you’re Donald Trump’s team and you’re still trying to get to grips with the White House.According to the New York Times, the light switches in the cabinet offices are proving rather tricky.
Aides have reportedly had to hold meetings i
- A guy who travelled Australia alone has shared a series of photos of the places he visited on his trip - and he looks absolutely miserable in all of them.
Imgur user Boedith posted the travel snaps online with the caption: “I travelled Australia alone. It was terrible.”
The man, from Europe, is pictured in popular tourist traps looking deeply unhappy about his choice of destination.
His captions are equally brutal. The deadpan tourist was snapped in fr
- Although the Lib Dems are hardly in their ascendency in a political sense, they are by far, the funniest political party out there.
We’ve previously brought you 17 absolute gems from their press team but they may have just surpassed this.
As pointed out by BuzzFeed’s Jim Waterson, their 404 error page currently displays this...I see the people who write the Lib Dems' 404 pages are doing their thing again. pic.twitter.com/ivY89kllEx— Jim Waterson (@jimwaterson) February 2,
- While the world was busy freaking out over the news that Beyoncé’ is pregnant with twins, one woman was having a feast at burger chain Wendy’s.
To celebrate her meal, Chloe Viser recreated Bey’s announcement photo, sharing her food baby with the world.
“I would like to share my love and happiness,” she wrote on Facebook.
“I have been blessed two times over with that Wendy’s 4 for $4 meal.
“I am incredibly grateful that I am not pregnant
- A member of BBC Question Time has claimed her vote in the EU referendum swung from Remain to Leave when she visited her local supermarket and was confronted by straight bananas.In a crowded field, the banana woman might just have won the "stupidest member of the Question Time audience ever" award #bbcqt— RamAlbumClub (@RamAlbumClub) February 2, 2017
The panel show, which on Thursday night was recorded in Wallasey, was debating the state of political affairs in the run up to triggering Arti
- Wait for the gong...
- Owners of house cats will be all too familiar with the immense feeling of guilt when you leave your cat alone at home.
One man’s workaround for this was to take his fluffy, white kitty into town with him.
The proud cat dad was spotted in Nottingham City Centre, carrying his feline friend in a backpack with a little bubble window that it could look out of.
Sadly his cat didn’t seem too enamoured with the idea... The unusual sighting was captured by Michael Lyden, who shared a vi
- Comedian and generally very enthusiastic American chap, Billy Eichner, has managed to make an incredibly strong point about President Trump’s immigration policy in just 60 hilarious seconds.
After accosting an unprepared member of the public, the host of Billy on the Street launches into a list of well-known names, asking if they are an immigrant or a real America.
A pattern soon emerges...IMMIGRANT OR REAL AMERICAN? A game from BILLY ON THE STREET. pic.twitter.com/xS5C3ASGGL— billy
- Now the backlash to a backlash to sports has lashed BACK to a backlash to a backlash to a backlash to sports!
Steve Bannon, UK Man, Responds With Star Wars And Good Manners To Those Who Confuse Him With Trump's Chief StrategistA man who has been mistaken online for Donald Trump’s chief strategist has given a masterclass in politely correcting those who mix them up.
Steve Bannon, a father of three who lives in the south west of England, tweets under the handle @SteveBannon - but often finds himself included in conversations about the executive of alt-right publication Breitbart, who uses @StephenBannon.
But instead of ignoring the tweets, British Bannon uses Star Wars references and good old-fashioned polite
- A 96-year-old has reminded us how wonderful technology is with her utterly priceless response to using FaceTime for the first time.
Imgur user clemdawg82 posted a screenshot of her grandma using FaceTime, along with the caption: “My 96-year-old Meemaw’s reaction to her first FaceTime.
“She’s a retired navy nurse and taught me all the necessary curse words at a young age. She’s also very excited about this ‘new’ technology.”My 96 year old Meemaw's r
- Don't worry--washing one dish is so easy there is literally no reason not to do it, you entitled piece of sh*t.
- Forget waterboarding, The Wall or a ban on Muslims - President Trump’s biggest scandal might be a dodgy photoshop job.
It’s no secret that Donald is a little bit touchy about accusations he has tiny hands.
This physical characteristic was first highlighted by then-Spy magazine writer, Graydon Carter labelled him a “short-fingered vulgarian”.
Ever since Trump has been locked in a - mostly one-sided - feud with the journalist.Has anyone looked at the really poor number
- Who's better at dating? Turns out neither. Stream The Grand Tour Fridays on Amazon Prime Video. www.Amazon.com/TheGrandTour (Sponsored By Amazon Prime Video)
- Donald Trump’s schedule showed on Friday that he was due to take a break from slashing funding, advocating torture and chatting trade deals with Theresa May - to sit for an official portrait
The US president will no doubt end up with a suitably statesman-like image to hang wherever he so chooses.
But the billionaire businessman has already proved his photographic versatility a number of times in the past.
He’s actually already got some great portraits whic
- Britons have watched with interest as Theresa May prepares to meet with Donald Trump today for the first time since both came to power.
The British PM stepped up her charm offensive as she hailed Trump’s election as US President as a chance to “renew the special relationship”.
But there have been tensions as May warned that the UK will not condone torture of detainees “in any way” - just hours after it emerged that Trump plans a review of US interrogation polic
- One doesn't simply 'leave the bar' when the trivia begins...
- In what looks set to be a regular feature, The Huffington Post UK has taken a look at a President Trump interview to bring you the statements that made little sense and those that were outright lies.
David Muir of ABC’s World News Tonight had the pleasure of conducting the first post-inauguration television interview with the most powerful man in the world.Here are some “highlights” and for those who can stomach it, the full transcript and video are below.
Here’s a link t
Follow @Funnyvideos_UK on Twitter!