- The Archbishop of York and top women clergy are coming out fighting for a conservative bishop in a new row over female ordination.
- A conveyor-belt of royal commission witnesses have expressed shock and deep sorrow at the scale of abuse perpetrated by Catholic clergy in AustraliaEvery night, as darkness fell around the boarding houses of St Virgil’s College in Hobart, Tony Rayner watched a handful of boys creep into the bedroom of Brother Patrick Timothy Farrell.It was the 1950s and an eight-year-old Rayner was envious of the boys’ special treatment. Rumours drifted through the halls that Brother Farrell’s
- Stockwell, Overd and Clark with a representative from Christian Concern BRISTOL, UK -- A trial is currently underway in the United Kingdom for three preachers who were arrested last July on accusations of "causing a disturbance" and engaging in "anti-social behavior" after some listeners became offended by their speech about issues such as Islam, Buddhism,...
- There are a great many Christians who are living their lives the way the enemy wants them to, lives that Christ Jesus would be sad about. "No, I'm a Christian," you might say, but even those who believe in Christ aren't exempted from demonic influence.
- Waiting on God is a great thing. To encourage you to wait upon the Lord, here are a few Bible verses that speak of how good it is to wait for Him.
- Everything has its place and time before God. His purpose never goes unfulfilled, and His plans never go undone. He has made all things beautiful in its time, but it does take time: either sooner or later.
- If we say we have faith that God will come through, we should have no room for worry.
Islamist Extremists Attack Churches, Terrorise Nuns In Bid To Sabotage Church's Peace Mission In The CongoIslamist extremism is bringing death and destruction not only in the Middle East but in other parts of the world as well.
ISIS Brutes Hang Young Mother From Cables And Rape Her Every Day For A Month In Front Of Her ChildrenWhen it comes to the atrocities it has been committing for years now, the Islamic State (ISIS) has proven that sky's the limit.
- He calls himself "The Pastor TED — Christian Comedian" on his Facebook page.
Pastor Goes Viral After Recording Himself Singing Gospel Song Praising Whataburger's Honey Butter Chicken BiscuitHe calls himself "The Pastor TED — Christian Comedian" on his Facebook page.
- There are times when we all feel confused and need clarity or comfort. It can be hard to know where to turn. Here are five Bible passages that might make a god start...
- Another crackdown on Christians in China is being reported. Radio Free Asia says both Catholic and Protestant congregations are being targeted in the northwestern region of Xinjiang.
- A series of worldwide exhibitions to mark the 500th anniversary of Martin Luther's posting of his 95 theses includes the ability to make 3D printed replicas of 16th century artefacts.
- The Washington Post now reports that Steve Bannon – the controversial White House senior strategist – was the one who suggested Falwell to Trump.
- Mike Pilavachi, the pioneer of Soul Survivor youth camps and pastor of Soul Survivor Watford, is suffering from suspected angina.
- The Message Trust has been awarded second place in the prestigious Sunday Times' annual Best Companies survey, in the Not-For-Profits category.
- A leading gay cleric has narrowly missed out on becoming a bishop after his appointment was blocked for the fourth time.
- Amid the crisis in Mosul, 50 people whose employment had been destroyed by ISIS have found work and hope with the help of the charity Open Doors.
The Lesson For Labour From Its Forgotten Christian Socialist Leader: For The Greater Good, Corbyn Should ResignThe Labour Party – an organisation founded over 100 years ago, with Christian pioneers playing a key role – is an essential institution in the pursuit of the common good for the whole country...
- The Church of England might no longer be the Conservative Party at prayer. But these victorious Conservative women are surely the answer to the prayers of the nation.
- After the deaths, tortures and horrific extremes of Islamic State, a giant cross has risen on a hill outside Mosul in Iraq, an extraordinary symbol of the return of life and hope.
- Spring Harvest, the annual Christian festival in Minehead and Skegness, has announced Gavin Calver as the new chair of its planning group.
- Church leaders in South Sudan have urged international intervention in the region as millions suffer starvation and conflict.
- I've found my experience online has grown darker lately. My Facebook timeline has fewer happy snaps of family holidays, less encouragement and hilarity, not as many links to edifying blogs or stimulating podcasts.
Arkansas Supreme Court Rules Adding Homosexuality to City Discrimination Ordinance Violates State LawPhoto Credit: George Hodan LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- The Arkansas Supreme Court unanimously ruled on Thursday that a move to add "sexual orientation" and "gender identity" to a local discrimination ordinance violates state law. Citizens in Fayetteville had voted in 2015 to approve an ordinance asserting that "he right of an otherwise qualified person to be free...
- NEW KENSINGTON, Pa. — A Pennsylvania school district has agreed to remove a Ten Commandments monument on its grounds as part of a settlement with a prominent professing atheist organization that had sued over the Decalogue on behalf of a local teenager and her mother. “In order to take the high road, as they say, we compromised and agreed to remove the...
- LAHORE, Pakistan (Morning Star News) – A 16-year-old Christian in Pakistan is languishing in jail under a baseless blasphemy charge after a judge declined to grant him bail this month, his attorney said. The judge in Punjab Province’s Kasur District on Feb. 7 denied bail to Nabeel Masih, who has been jailed since Sept. 18, 2016 after a Muslim friend accused...
- 'Scandal destroys' said the Pope yesterday, calling Catholics not to live 'a double life', and urging them not to put off conversion.
- An American missionary has been sentenced to 40 years in prison for sexually assaulting three girls and one boy while volunteering at a children's home in Kenya.
- The Mayor of Vancouver has called on Christian festival organisers to remove Franklin Graham from their platform due to his inflammatory comments.
- A campaign to block a bishop opposed to female clergy is being launched in a renewed row over women's ordination.
- A major Christian retailer has announced it is set to shut down. Family Christian, which has 240 stores in 36 states across America, said it had explored other options, but closing was now the only choice.
- Witches around the world are being urged to join a 'mass spell to bind Donald Trump' on February 24.
- Senior C of E theologian calls on Philip North to stand aside before consecration to avoid ‘public damage to the church’A senior Church of England theologian has called on the newly appointed bishop of Sheffield to stand aside ahead of his consecration, saying his opposition to female priests will “cause significant pastoral and public damage to the church”.Martyn Percy, the dean of Christ Church, Oxford, urged Philip North to either renounce his membership of the Society
- The Conservatives have secured a landmark victory in a parliamentary by-election.
- Here are five areas to lift up to God for when praying for your adult children.
- Is owning a credit card wrong?
Gospel Singer Kirk Franklin's Wife Tammy Reveals Counselling Saved Their Marriage: 'We Pray Together'Gospel singer Kirk Franklin and his wife Tammy are the very picture of a happy marriage, but the Christian couple said they did not reach this point without some road bumps along the way.
Gospel Singer Carman Opens Up About Losing Woman He Almost Married: 'God Is Still The Mender Of The Brokenhearted'Gospel singer Carman Domenic Licciardello, known simply to his fans as Carman, has reached the age of 61 without ever getting married.
- Last year's U.S. presidential election seemed to have brought out the worst in people, including Christians. Writer Andrew Blackburn said a lot of people probably "unfriended" some of their friends last year because of differences in their political, social or religious views.
- Christian country singer Carrie Underwood, who shot to fame after winning the fourth season of the singing competition "American Idol," is constantly being criticised by the evangelical sector because of her support for LGBT relationships and same-sex marriage.
- The world affects and distorts the identity that we have as children of the Most High God in Christ. We must find ourselves in the Lord.
- If you are discouraged, my friend, I want to encourage you. Remember these four words:
- In my own married life, I have found five simple statements that can be more than helpful in experiencing the best that marriage can offer when communicated on a regular basis.
- Even in the midst of busy work days, we can rest in God. Sabbath is not just for the end (or start) of the week. Here are four tips to experience God's rest on busy days.
- The United States Government has rescinded Obama-era guidance, which forced federally-funded schools to endorse transsexualism.
Keep on reading: US Govt revokes trans bathroom guidance for schools
- A new model of student evangelism is taking off with slick and engaging content based on the award-winning Humans Of New York style.
- Two former Planned Parenthood managers state that they had been disappointed after taking the job to find out that the organization didn't really offer help for pregnant women or those needing other types of women's health care. Ramona Trevino, who formerly managed a Planned Parenthood facility in Sherman, Texas, and Sue Thayer, who once managed Planned...
- Is now the time for Christians and others on the left to get angry? The answer has to be yes... and no.
Follow @UK_Christianity on Twitter!