G Worldwide artiste, Sugarboy, treated his fans to a night of glitz, glamour and comedy at the launch of his debut album “Believe” which held at the Grand Ballroom of the Oriental Hotel, Lagos last Saturday.
The event which featured other acts such as label mate Kiss Daniel, Simi, Reekado Banks, Sean Tizzle, Emma Nyra, CDQ, Mayorkun, and Dremo was hosted by Jimmie. The event lived up to its billing as guests were treated to amazing performances from the line-up.
- A graffiti artist who has been commissioned to paint walls across Lagos State on Wednesday was visited by singer Reminisce, the self-acclaimed ‘Alaga Ibile’.
The artist who has been the cynosure of Lagos motorists and pedestrians around the Ozumba Mbadiwe section by Nigeria Law School, Victoria Island, took time off his busy schedule to catch a photo shot with Reminisce.
Taking to his Instagram account, Reminisce shared the picture and wrote: “Earlier today to support the bro @
- The train of judges of Great Talent God’s Children season 7 (GCGT7), officially stopped in Port Harcourt, on April 21, 2017, to meet contestants who reportedly hit the Hotel Presidential, Aba Road, as early as 7am.
The audition had youngsters between ages 5 – 20 years showcasing their talents in music, comedy, dance and spoken word during the preliminary selection.
Port Harcourt’s finest entertainment and media personalities – Duncan Mighty, gospel artiste Preye Odede, ra
- Last Sunday, residents of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja and its environs turned up to experience Glo Laffta Fest, Nigeria’s biggest comedy show, at the Old Parade Ground, Garki.
Beginning from midday, fun seekers assembled from all parts of the capital city.
While Jos-based comedian, Osama, opened the show by sharing funny anecdotes about life in the militarised city of Jos, MC Tagwaye, a comedian who mimics President Muhammadu Buhari, picked the baton and raised the tempo even high
- Actress and producer, Uche Elendu, whose daughter clocked one year old on Wednesday, celebrated the special day by narrating her experience before the baby was delivered.
The mother of one revealed that she experienced fear all through her nine-month journey to motherhood.
“Yes I was pregnant but it didn’t end there,” she said.
“I had been taking medicines and the fear of the foetus being malformed was a source of worry to me, and then my blood pressure sky rocketed. I ju
- Hip-hop sensation, Davido, whose latest single, ‘If’, is currently Africa’s biggest song, has another reason to be happy.
The father of a daughter, Imade, took to his Snapchat to announce that his American girlfriend, Amanda, will soon give birth to his second daughter in a fortnight.
Davido, who is in the United States, wrote: “Just wanna feed my fans with great music and take care of Imade and her little sister that would be coming in two weeks!!”
Amanda, a studen
- A renowned musician, Olugbemiro Akigbogun, on Thursday said that piracy was gradually becoming a thing of the past, because of alternative means of listening to songs.Akigbogun, who is popularly known as “GT the Guitar man’’, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos that the music industry over the years had developed new ways of making money for musicians.
“I think the world has gone past the days when people are complaining about piracy and all, because at the end
- Mr Adedayo Liadi, National President, Dance Guild of Nigeria (GOND), says the association will use its forthcoming Nigerian Dance Festival to unite dancers across all genres of dances in Nigeria.Liadi told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Lagos that the objective of the fiesta was to revive Nigerian heritage in dance, educate, entertain and create awareness.
He said that GOND was partnering with “Dance and Arts Alive’’ in staging the event that would hold from Ju
- American actor, producer, rapper, and songwriter, Will Smith has been named as one of the 9-member jury of this year’s edition of the popular Festival de Cannes, taking place in Cannes, France from May 17 to 18.
Other members of the jury, which is being headed by Spanish movie director, writer and producer, Pedro Almodóvar, as President, include Maren Ade (Director, Screenwriter, Producer – Germany); Jessica Chastain (Actress, Producer – United States); Fan Bingbing (Act
- Music superstar Orezi will on Sunday, April 30, make a first appearance on Legend Extra Stout’s annual nationwide tour, Real Deal Experience at the Discovery Park in Uyo.
The event will mark Orezi’s first appearance on the brand’s signature music tour of Nigeria.
“The show in Uyo will be great and I promise to give fans a wonderful time,” said Orezi.
“I hear the Akwa Ibom people know how to have a good time, so I definitely cannot wait to meet everyone.”
- Following the World Intellectual Property Day which held yesterday, it was a celebration of the successes recorded by the Copyright Society of Nigeria (COSON), a Collective Management Organisation (CMO), which has existed for a decade – the latest being the new ultra- modern COSON House to be commissioned on May 20, 2017.
Chairman of COSON, Chief Tony Okoroji while addressing a press conference at the society’s current Opebi, Lagos office, said proudly that, “we did not get one
- Comedian Gbenga Adeyinka has commenced a tour of the South West region with his rising comedy and music brand called ‘Laffmattazz with Gbenga Adeyinka 1st and Friends’.
The comedian kicked off the tour on Easter Monday, April 16, 2017 at the Jogor Centre in Ibadan, Oyo State.
The event featured a long list of comedians like Lepacious Bose, Kenny Black, Still Ringing, Omobaba, MC Tagwaye aka President Buhari, Ambassador Wahaala, Lafup, Tomiwasage, Peteru, Obama, Shete and MC Remote am
- Nine years after the demise of music maestro Dr. Orlando Owoh, Elders’ Forum, jointly organized by O’jez Entertainment Group and Evergreen Musical Company Limited, will be celebrating the musical legacy of the man, popularly called the African Kenery.
Scheduled to hold on Sunday, April 30, the event will evaluate and honour the deceased’s immeasurable contributions to the growth, development and promotion of heritage Nigerian and African music, at home and in the Diaspora.
- Alapomeji crooner, 9ice, on Tuesday, officially released a brand new video titled ‘Glass House.’
Directed and photographed by award-winning director, Unlimited L.A., the compelling video features artistic themes and exotic contemporary dance.
This is coming on the heels of his successful video, ‘Living Things.’
For 9ice, 2008 winner of MOBO Best African Act, who has seven albums to his credit, signing a management deal with Temple Management Company, has re-boosted his mu
- Commemoration of 40 years of Festival of Arts and Culture (FESTAC) will be used to address conveyance of negative messages by some Nigerian musicians and dancers, an official has said.Dr Ferdinand Anikwe, Director-General, Centre for Black Arts and African Civilisation (CBAAC) – organisers of the celebration – gave the assurance in Lagos on Wednesday.
The director-general spoke to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).
NAN reports that FESTAC held in 1977. The celebration is known as FEST
- New Executive Director of National Film and Video Censors Board (NFVCB), Mr. Adedayo Thomas, got a hint of the complications that exist in the film sector, when veteran filmmaker, Chief Eddie Ugboma described his position as a hot seat.This may not be surprising to the new helmsman who said he met a debt of N317 million upon assumption of office.“I don’t know whether if I use these words, you won’t feel bad, but I’ll still say it: ‘welcome to hell’,” sai
- One of Nigeria’s female indigenous singers, Sola Allyson, is currently working on her first collaboration with Adekunle Gold.An adaptation of Alujanjankijan, an old folk song, the new song is aimed at creating awareness in the need to have more time for the children.According to the singer, “Alujanjankijan, one of our old folk songs, is to help create awareness about creating more time for the children, not exclusively leaving them at the mercy of caregivers, nannies, and house-helps
- Two Grammy award winners – American Saxophonist, Najee and UK Singer/songwriter, Joss Stone, will join some of Nigeria’s finest entertainers like Waje, Yinka Davies, Dede, Heavy Wind, Tosin Alao, Xerona Duke and the host band, Sweet Sound, to deliver a class performance – a potpourri of jazz and fashion show, touted as one of the highlights of the Lagos@50 celebrations.Sweet Sound African Promotions, organisers of the show, described the Runway Jazz as a unique event that harmo
- Five Star music singer, Kcee, has been called out on Instagram for posting stacks of dollars which he allegedly stole from another Instagram user’s page.The Limpopo crooner posted the supposed stolen money picture on his Instagram page with the caption ‘No time, God I give you praise. Just for one day #desire #mrromantic #romanticcalls.’Somehow, the real owner of the picture got to see it on Kcee’s page and he called him out on his comment section saying the money picture
- Adekunle Gold’s contract with YBNL expired in December 2016, and there seems to be talks of him renewing it, but nothing more was heard about that intention. But it was later reported that he only signed a management deal with the record label.Adekunle Gold is said to have deleted all photos of the YBNL label boss from his social media page and further reports indicated that other YBNL artistes and former artistes posted the latest Olamide’s song “Love No Go Die” artwork
- Fuji artiste, Alabi Pasuma, has been conferred with the Chieftaincy title of Togan of Badary Kingdom, Lagos State. The event held on Sunday, April 23, 2017.The singer shared a photo of himself after the ceremony via his Instagram page with the caption: “Alhamdulillah. Togan of Badagry Kingdom.”As one of the most respected Nigerian artistes, Pasuma has made videos with some of the best hip-hop artistes such as Wizkid, Olamide, Tiwa Savage and others.The cross-over singer released
- For their effort in a proposed new movie on Nigerian email scammers, ‘Nigerian Prince’, the writer and director, Faraday Okoro and producers; Biyi Bandele and Oscar Hernandez-Topete, have won a $1million AT&T grant at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York.‘Nigerian Prince’ was announced winner on Thursday, April 19 at the film fiesta after a hard-fought pitching session tagged ‘AT&T Presents: Untold Stories’ featuring scripts from four other talented f
- The Executive Director, National Film and Video Censors Board (NVCB), Mr. Adedayo Thomas has expressed his heartfelt condolences to the families of late veteran actor, Olumide Bakare and football the football fans who died at a public viewing centre in Calabar, Cross River state as a result of electrocution.Mr. Thomas also commiserated with the people and government of Cross River state, urging them to bear the irreparable loss of the seven football fans with fortit
- It was a laughter-filled Easter Sunday for residents of Garden City, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, who relished series of jokes by some of the continent’s funniest comedians at the recent Glo Laffta Fest comedy show.Put together by Globacom, the nation-wide tour event was held at the Aztech Arcum, Stadium Road, Port Harcourt Port Harcourt, attracting alongside the established acts, a home-grown talent, Arinze Baba, who tore the hall apart wi
- As precursor to the annual Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA)’s main event, a nomination announcement has been scheduled to hold in Kigali, Rwanda, with assurances of various sponsors who are poised to make the event thick.A statement from the organisers revealed that RwandAir, Rwanda Development Board and Radisson Blu are partnering AMAA to host a very successful event in Kigali.Other partnership for the event which had been scheduled to hold on the weekend of May 13-15, 2017 include
- Talented Nigeria song writer, singer and performer, David Adeleke also known as Davido, is currently heartbroken over the death of his uncle, Senator Isiaka Adeleke.
The music star who took to his various social media accounts on Monday to express his loss, described him as his hero.
Davido wrote on his twitter and Instagram handle @iam davido, “Heartbroken… Rest In Peace My dear uncle.. SHERUBAWON’’
The three -time senator represented Osun West Senatorial district was a
- Two Nigerian filmmakers, 30 year-old Faraday Okoro and the celebrated Biyi Bandele have won $1M grant at Tribeca Film Festival, New York to develop their feature film, Nigerian Prince.
The grant, according to information, is a new initiative introduced to the program with the aim of helping emerging filmmakers.
Named AT&T Presents: Untold Stories, the program kicked off this year in collaboration with the Tribeca Film Festival.
The grant awarded the filmmakers will be used to
- •As Rudeboy finds new hobby in cooking
Following the successful outing of Away, their first official single in 2017 which was viewed over five million times on Youtube since its release on February 13, P-Square is back with a follow up song titled Nobody Ugly.
Nobody Ugly is an highlife song which reflects on the fake life people live on social media.
The song was released along with its official video on Thursday and got over 27, 000 views on Youtube just minutes after its r
- ONE of 2017’s most anticipated flicks, Slow Country, will be released come Friday, May 5.
The movie stars interesting acts like Majid Michel, Richards Brutu, Sambasa Nzeribe, Ivie Okujaye, Tope Tedela and others.
Even before its cinematic release, Slow Country has been garnering accolades across the country.
For instance, the movie earned Sambasa his second consecutive AMVCA win in the Best Actor in a Drama category. Nollywood sweetheart, Ivie Okujaye was also nomi
- Comedian Woli Arole who recently proposed to his fiancée is already counting down to the date to his wedding.
Arole who is still keeping his impending union a secret captioned one of the pre-wedding pictures: “Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
“Love you my baby,” he added.
- Three lucky fans will get an opportunity to cook and eat banga soup with Nollywood actress Chioma Akpotha.
The 37-year old actress who stated that her favourite dish is Ofe Akwu or Banga soup which is made from oil palm nuts is set to cook the soup with three fans at her favourite restaurant, Villa Delish located in Lekki, Lagos.
Akpotha who has acted in over 80 movies will be a guest chef on 9ja Celebrity Chef, an initiative of Villa Delish.
“Hello darlings…. I will be making a ver
- Dancehall reggae sensation Burnaboy and hip hop superstar Davido have been frolicking with their American counterpart DJ Diplo who is in Lagos for a show.
Taking to his Twitter account, Burnaboy shared images of his time with the DJ and Davido with the fans. Also in the photograph was DJ Walshy Fire, a widely renowned American DJ and one of Diplo’s long-term collaborators.
Diplo, whose real name is Thomas Wesley Pentz, is an American DJ, record producer, rapper, singer and songwriter.
- Mr Agility Onwura, the Chairman, Abuja chapter of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN), on Sunday, expressed sadness over the death of veteran Nollywood actor, Olumide Bakare.Bakare passed on in the early hours of Saturday at 65 due to respiratory disorder.
Onwura, while reacting to the sad news, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that Bakare’s demise was a big loss to the entertainment industry and Nollywood in particular.
He said “we received the news of his death
- The Executive Director, National Film and Video Censors Board (NVCB), Mr. Adedayo Thomas has expressed his heartfelt condolences to the families of the football fans who died at a public viewing centre in Calabar, Cross River state as a result of an electrocution accident.
Mr. Thomas also commiserated with the people and government of Cross River state, urging them to bear the irreparable loss of the seven football fans with fortitude, and prayed for the speedy recovery
- •Veteran singer cries for help
For 17 years, music artiste, Stella Monye has carried the cross of her only son, Ibrahim, who has been in and out of hospital.
With little or no headway, Stella is afraid that if his condition lingers, it will be double-tragedy. “When I grow old and infirm,” she told Ripples, “how can Ibrahim take care of me, when he has lived most of his life, moving from one hospital to another?”
Time indeed is running out for Ibrahim who would need U
- HIP hop musician and YBNL honcho, Olamide, on Friday dropped a new single titled ‘Love no go die.’
The soulful love tune produced by Young John, da wicked producer, sees Olamide in a soft mode, waxing lyrically about an undying love.
Giving Young John a heads up, Olamide on Friday went on his Instagram account to write, “Gbefuuuun ! @YoungJonn � #LoveNoGoDie Young Jonn IKA.”
But aside the deviation in the tune, the art cover of the song also mimics a theme pe
- •Pays homage to film marketers, veterans, others
From a personal meeting with motion picture veterans like Chief Eddie Ugboma, Igwe Gabriel Okoye, aka Gabosky, and Mr. Mahmood Ali-Balogun to the leadership of associations such as Film and Video Producers & Marketers Association of Nigeria (FVPMAN), Yoruba Video Film Producers/Marketers Association of Nigeria (YVFPMAN), Association of Movie Producers (AMP), National Association of Nigerian Theatre Arts Practitioners (NANTAP) and Mr. Bond
- Nollywood actress, Ivie Okujaye, who celebrated her second wedding anniversary last Tuesday, has more than one cause to celebrate. The reason, according to the actress, is because her anniversary also happens to fall on the same date her parent got married.
The actress disclosed that it’s the 46th wedding anniversary of her parents. The mother of one, who is back on set, wrote on her Instagram page; “On this day 46years ago, my Mum and Dad said “I do”. On this day 2 years
- Contrary to different versions of online reports on how veteran actor Olumide Bakare passed on, top actor Dele Odule, in a chat with The Nation, revealed that the deceased died on his way to the hospital.
“He was declared dead on arrival at UCH Ibadan,” he said, quoting a family source.
On the purported account of a failed surgery as being reported online, Odule said “It is not true that he went through surgery again. He did undergo a surgery, but that was a long time ago
- He was a committed actor, says Mufu Onifade
Veteran actor, Olumide Bakare is dead. Confirming the sad incident, former president of the National Association of Nigerian Theatre Arts Practitioners, NANTAP, Mufu Onifade said that he passed on early Saturday.
“He had a successful surgery and after the surgery, he talked to people and told them he was fine. But two hours later, he passed on. It is very painful because I had actually been wishing him a quick recovery.
- On February 4, 2016, The Nation reported the actor’s desperation to live.
Here’s how we put it:
Now, actor Olumide Bakare needs help!
The story has changed from January 2014, when veteran actor, Olumide Bakare, did not require help from the public to foot his medical bills. In fact, then the actor denied that he had anything serious other than the normal age-related ailments that required constant medical check-ups.
Today, the lively and frank-speaking thespian has confirmed his illn
- Is Chief Koko of Oluwalanbe Lodge in the defunct TV series, Koko Close gone?
The post Veteran actor Olumide Bakare dead? appeared first on The Nation Nigeria.
- BUDDING singer and songwriter, Veronique Adaa is heating the entertainment scene with the release of her third single titled Itoro. This is coming shortly after the release of a previous track titled Do Me Like This.
Excited about the new track, the singer said that the response she has been receiving so far has been awesome. She described Itoro as an inspirational song that inspires people.
“The message is, no matter how bad it is, if you are hardworking, you can still make a good life in
- For there is no guilt in humans, all there is, is love. Bisola, as you leave tonight, may genuine love find you. May you prosper beyond your imagination. You are a gold fish… you are a gold fish; there will be no hiding place for you.
Miyonse got distracted by T-Boss and thus ceded the glory of the kitchen to Uriel. If beauty was a talent, T-Boss could have rivalled Bisola to it. However, marketing her body on the show gave her the number three spot, and that could help her further&hellip
- PAPERTRAIL records act, Seth, has released yet another single titled Decale, this is coming on the heels of his acclaimed debut track, Kilofe.
With Decale, the fast rising act, aided by producer Tdour, creates an attention-grabbing blend of afro-pop to create a high-octane banger.
The track, according to the budding artiste, aims to ignite a fire on dance-floors and playlists across Africa, as Seth urges listeners to dance up a storm.
“The massive number arrives with a crisp addictive vide
- THERE have been conjectures of another misfit in the new leadership of the Nigerian Film Corporation (NFC). But stakeholders in the motion picture industry appeared stunned, last Thursday, during their first meeting with the new Managing Director of the Corporation, Dr. Chidia Maduekwe, at the agency’s Lagos Office, where he showed profound understanding of the challenges facing the film sector.
Every last line of Maduekwe’s speech was greeted with applause, and what more; a standing
- NOLLYWOOD actress, Omowunmi Dada has been having the best of times. With movies like King Invincible, Stormy Hearts, Omugwo and host of others, in which she plays lead role, it’s safe to say that the actress is making her mark in the industry.
However, the thespian showed how versatile she can be when she featured in the critically acclaimed stage play Isale Eko.
The play, which was recently picked as the official play for the Lagos@50 celebrations, was staged last weekend at MUSON Centre,
- POPULAR Ghanaian singer, Jane Awindor, better known as Efya has added her voice to the discourse on whether or not same sex couples should be granted rights in Ghana.
The talented singer, speaking on a radio show hosted by Miriam Osei-Agyemang, shared her stance on the controversial issue, stating that she believes that everyone is different in the own way. Efya stated that it wouldn’t be fair to judge people based on their sexual orientation.
“There is a lot happening in our world,
- The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has suspended indefinitely the withdrawal and deposit processing fees introduced recently under its cashless policy.
A circular issued on Friday and signed by the Director, Banking and Payment Systems department of the CBN, Dipo Fatokun, directed all bank’s that had started implementing the processing fees which came into effect on April 1 to make refund to customers.
The circular said the apex bank would now revert to the status quo ante, that is the exis
- It was all a celebration of peace at the fifth edition of the Alabanza Concert, a gospel musical concert which held in South Africa on Sunday, March 26.
The event which was organised by Tehila Records was tagged “South Africa Meets Nigeria” and provided an avenue to foster peace and friendship between Nigeria and South Africa, by giving nationals of both countries an opportunity to appreciate each other’s music and tradition under the same roof.
Beginning with the comperes, Fre