A professional dancer, Raymond Oluwafemi, last Friday emerged winner of the Etisalat BreakFree Competition, a 24-hour nonstop dance contest.
With improvised flash-mob, music, and dance, the energy of the nigerian youth was put on display at Hardrock Café, venue of the competition.
Shedding light on the essence of the show, Layi Onafowokan, Head of Youth Marketing for Etisalat Nigeria, said that it is to drive home the message that subscribers to the Etisalat Easy Cliq package have the fre
- Celebrated Nigerian music producer, Cohbams Asuquo, has announced the release date for his debut album, For You. At a press conference held at Best Western Hotel, Ikeja last Friday, the artiste announced that the 14 track album will be released on Sunday, March 12.
Cobhams hinted that there would be an exclusive album launch event at Civic center, Lagos for about five hundred guests following which he would embark on a tour starting from March 26 in Lekki.
According to the artiste, For
- Departed singer, Eric Arubayi, has been immortalised as the anticipated video of his track, The Sound, hit the airwaves.
Produced by Ekelly and Directed by Frizzle n Bizzle Films, The Sound is a soulful rendition of God’s faithfulness and ever enduring love.
The chords in the background very much like the singer are soft and classical. At a point on the track, Eric’s voice is the most forthcoming instrument keeping in line with the solemnity of the track.
The video portrays a beanie
- Movie producer, Kunle Afolayan, and actress Funke Akindele have been selected to host this year’sSons of Music Legend concert which will hold in few months time as plans are already going on for the second season of the show.
Following the success of the first edition of the ‘Sons’ of Music Legends’, the organizers, Super Star Leketex (SSL) Entertainment company, have revealed that the event is designed to celebrate legendary works, which have been promoting the rich
- …As Jon, Ese make smooth exit
The tension was not too intense in this week’s supposed ejection from the Big Brother Naija show, as no particular housemates were marked for possible eviction. Even when Bally and Ese were called out by Ebuka Obi-Uchendu, the others housemates were hopeful about their return. “Guys you’re coming back. It’s a lie…,” said Uriel, even as others nodded their heads in agreement.
No real eviction took place because Biggie had c
- Nollywood actor Tope Tedela who just finished his first project as a movie producer speaks with Adewoyin Adeniyi about his recent role in the movie King Invincible, relationship and other issues.
YOU started the New Year quite well with King Invincible. How is the movie doing in cinemas?
I am really grateful about the how year started. King Invincible has been getting a lot of positive feedback and that is really heart-warming.
You’ve been getting accolades for your role in the movie, how
- NIGERIAN model, Esther Ohwoka, has emerged winner of the Miss Safety International pageant, beating over twelve other contestants to clinch the crown.
In line with the exclusive practice of the pageantry five other queens were crowned .They are ; Goodness Eneyin (Miss Safety Africa) , Odia Joy (Miss Safety Nigeria), Success Emeruche (Miss Safety Tourism) , Ayobami Miss Safety Lagos) as well as Mercy Michael.
Thanking the organizers for the opportunity to partake in the pageant, an elated Owhoka
- COMEDIAN turned filmmaker, Ayo Makun, aka AY, has commenced work on the latest installment of his famous Akpos series, starring sultry actress Adesua Etomi.
Speaking on the choice of the actress as lead character, AY said; “Adesua is one of the biggest names in Nollywood right now and aside that, she fits into the bill. Akpos is supposed to travel with a model to South Africa and if you know Adesua very well, she has that look and carriage of a typical model so she was the perfect fit. Tha
- THE 89th edition of the Academy Awards, otherwise known as the Oscars, Hollywood’s biggest awards ceremony, to be hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, holds tonight at the Dolby Theatre, Hollywood, California.
To be televised in more than 225 countries and territories worldwide, it will also be broadcast live to Nigerian viewers on DStv this Monday, February 27, on M-Net Movies Premiere, DStv channel 104 at 2:30am and during Prime Time on M-Net, DStv channel 101/102, from 6:30pm.
There will be performa
- FOR a show that has received so much mixed reactions, this week’s task has done a lot to improve the perception of housemates by viewers.
Recall that lately, the social media has been buzzing with negative commentaries on how the show promotes pornography and indecent behaviour and calling housemates simpletons for being willing tools in the hands of Biggie. These views came on the heels of housemates’ self-imposed games of ‘Truth or Dare’ and ‘Confession’ as
- Maje Ayida , Toke Makinwa’s estranged husband has sued her for a whooping N100m for defamation of character.
Makinwa, a TV host had written a tell-it-all book “On Becoming”, documenting her marriage to Ayida, a celebrity gym expert that went sour.
In an earlier letter, Ayida’s lawyers had written to Makinwa to stop the sale of the book.
She was also asked to remove parts of the book that was defarmatory to their clients (Ayida’s) character which she had ignored.
- Recently evicted Big Brother Naija housemate, Gifty, in this interview with JOE AGBRO JR. clears the air about her rumoured marriage, fake accent and being tagged as the most controversial housemate. Excerpts
HOW do you feel, not winning the 25million prize?
I’m a human being. I’m meant to feel a little bit bad but I’m feeling a little bit not good. But all the same, it’s a game.
Who do you think might win the grand prize?
I feel everyone is a winner. Whoever the wi
- No sooner had her husband been sworn in as the governor of Taraba State than Anna Darius Ishaku swung into action to fulfill her duties as First Lady. Using her background as a barrister and her productive stint in the Kaduna State Ministry of Justice as leverage, she got down to work and was soon launching initiatives targeted at bringing hope to the long-suffering people of Taraba. In just two years, she has got residents of the North Central state smiling again.
With her flagship project, The
- COMIC actor, John Okafor, aka Mr Ibu, has recounted the days when he had suicidal tendencies before attaining his present celebrity status.
Ibu, the fifth Nigerian celebrity visiting the BBNaija housemates on Day 31, narrated his experience during the dairy session with `Biggie’ in the Diary Room.
The comic actor said he `nearly’ committed suicide during “his struggles in life.”
“Do you know that there was a day I prepared to kill myself in Ajao Estate; that day I w
- Former society babe, Jennifer Madike, has left the ranks of the living. In the 80s, before the advent of the internet, smartphones and technology, Jennifer Madike was one of the hottest names on the social scene. Her fame was arguably bigger than anything most contemporary celebrities will ever have, because she had few rivals to compete with in the black-and-white world of those times, unlike these days when celebrities rise and fall at the click of a computer button. She painted the town red,
- Delta State ‘big boy’, Lulu Enaboifo, caused quite a stir when he was spotted at last Saturday’s celebration held in honour of Madam Iyabo Rewane, who tuned 80. Like a river responding to the call of the sea, Lulu must have been compelled to finally emerge from his cocoon by the recent freedom of his friend and close associate, James Ibori.
When the going was good, the former governor of Delta State, James Ibori, and Lulu Enaboifo were like Robinson Crusoe and Man Friday, maste
- EACH time I see Nollywood actor, Odunlade Adekola, in that Goldberg billboard ad called ‘Your Excellency’, I reason that, with adequate self-esteem, there is a unique sense of style in every local product. From Nollywood, which is redefining Africa’s narrative in terms of storytelling, to Afrobeat and other afro-related hip hop music that have popularised Nigerian artistes and earned them collaborations with their American counterparts, and of course, our visual art which has g
- AWAY from being a laugh merchant, celebrated comedian and On Air Personality, Emeka Erem, aka Ajebo will be touring Nigerian campuses with his comedy and music concert, Ajebo Unleashed. However, the comedian revealed that this time, he is taking with him a message of hope and inspiration.
Sponsored by Minimie Chinchin in partnership with Wow Production, his production outfit, the comedian, who is popular on YouTube for his animation series, House of Ajebo, revealed that the aim is to give back t
- Man, like nature, is a being of alteration and transformation. As the seasons change from the creeping cold of winter to the green and warm birdsong of summer, so too does man undergo attitudinal changes, shifts in perspective brought about by a number of factors, chief among which are age and experience. The things we used to love begin to seem like a waste of time, mere trifles to be abandoned in favour of more rewarding pursuits. For ex-beauty queen Nike Oshinowo, this seems to be the case th
- THE Chairman of Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON), Mr. John Momoh, last Monday, pledged his organisation’s co-operation with the Copyright Society of Nigeria (COSON) to ensure that all broadcast stations in Nigeria pay agreed music copyright royalties.
Momoh who is also the Chairman, Channels TV, noted that this is in fulfilment of the obligations of the stations under the COSON/BON/IBAN/NBC/NCC/ Agreement of 2014.
According to Momoh, every law in the land must be respected and th
- THIS week’s nomination show took an unexpected turn when Big Brother cancelled all the nominations by the housemates, saying he would decide who is to be evicted come Sunday night.
The decision came after Biggie, as he is otherwise called, exposed a plot between Kemen and Marvis in a video he played on screen to the housemates. The furious Big Brother sentenced Kemen and Marvis to the isolation booth and also withdrew Bisola and Bally’s earned advantages. Meanwhile, he had earlier in
- Nollywood actress, Tonto Dikeh, has continued to reveal more sordid details about her travails in the hands of her estranged husband.
The actress, in a series of tweets on Friday revealed that she used her platform to lie for her husband just to make him appear to be a better person.
Responding to a fan who inquired about the expensive gifts she received from him, she said; “Hello madam, because I posted stuff saying my ex husband bought for me isn’t true. I used my platform to lie t
- Embattled Nollywood actress Tonto Dikeh on Friday said her marriage to Olakunle Churchill was a sham.
Churchill is alleged to be former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s nephew.
She made the revelation on her Instagram @tontolet while responding to advice from her fans persuading her to have a rethink over her marriage.
The Nollywood actress added she had been using her social media platform to lie and paint Churchill the good man he is today, as her union with him ‘was all a sham’
- O’jez Entertainment, in partnership with Evergreen Musical Company, has revived its popular monthly highlife music show, Elders’ Forum.
So come Sunday, February 26, by 5pm at the celebrity restaurant, O’jez, situated inside the National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos, the revived Elders’ Forum will open with the presence of Liberian International singer, Miatta Fahnbulleh alongside Nigeria’s acclaimed folklorist, playwright and actor Jimi Solanke.
The Elders’ Forum,
- Followig recent reports of violence against Nigerians and other nationals in South Africa, Seun Kuti, son of Afrobeat legend, Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, has accused the late president of the country, Nelson Mandela for the xenophobic attacks.
Seun, the charismatic leader of Fela’s legendary Afrobeat orchestra, Egypt 80 questioned the attacks in a Facebook post.
He asks; “Hey Black South Africans aren’t you ashamed of yourselves? Has your spirit of revolution completely destroyed by y
- Ahead of its March 31 cinema release, award-winning Nollywood actor, Blossom Chukwujekwu, has recounted the role he played in the anticipated movie, Okafor’s Law.
Blossom plays the role of Chuks Okafor(aka Terminator), an ardent ‘player’ who taught he could sleep with his ex girlfriends, using the Okafor’s Law as his mechanism.
“Terminator is a pretty audacious young man who believes women want multiple orgasms and that he is the answer to their orgasmic longing. He
- In celebrating a successful cinema run, the cast and crew of Nollywood flick, The Wedding Party, last Sunday held a wedding-themed costume party at the Sky Lounge, Eko Hotel and Suites, Lagos.
The party, which doubled as a ‘record-breaking’ celebration, began on the red carpet where the glamorously dressed guests posed for photos. They were then ushered into the Love Lounge, welcomed by a choice of canapés and signature cocktails.
Guests were later directed to the rooftop terr
- The international news network is buzzing with the announcement of Jay Z as the first rapper to be inducted into Songwriters’ Hall of Fame.
The award-winning artiste who was nominated alongside some top musicians has continued to top his game in the entertainment scene.
Already listed as the rapper with the most number 1 albums in history, he is now the first to be inducted into the prestigious Songwriters Hall of Fame class of 2017.
The announcement of the 2017 inductees was made by legen
- As part of its annual celebration of the love season, Emory Green Limited (EGL) has once again teamed up with telecommunications company MTN to host Families and MTN subscribers in Benin, Asaba and Ibadan respectively.
The event, which is the third edition of the collaboration between the telecommunication company and Emory Green Limited, a 360 degrees Event Company, will again shower loyal customers and their partners with loads of love this season, just as it will host couples from all cl
- Gifty , the controversial ex-housemate in on going #BBNaija TV series said she is neither a mother nor married, and has no sex-tape.
Gifty , took to her Instagram handle to refute the rumour about her sex tape and marital status circulating on the social media platform on Thursday.
In her words she said, “so, they said that I am married and I have a boyfriend who is threatening to release a sex tape if I don’t share the BBN money with him…now.
“ I want to clear it out by
- Nollywood comic star, John Okafor, popularly known as Mr Ibu said he was suicidal before attaining his present celebrity status.
Ibu , the fifth Nigerian celebrity visiting the #BBNaija housemates on Day 31, narrated his experience during the dairy session with `Biggie’ in the Diary Room.
The comic actor said he `nearly’ committed suicide during “his struggles in life.”
“Do you know that there was a day I prepared to kill myself in Ajao Estate; that day I was prepar
- Embattled Nigerian on-air-personality Toke Makinwa has proceeded to the United kingdom to promote her controversial book “On Becoming”, despite the threat to sue by her estranged husband, Maje Ayida, for continuous circulation.
Makinwa, a TV presenter on Wednesday shared the photo of her UK trip, displaying a copy of the book on her Instagram handle.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that Ayida was reported to have hired British lawyers to sue Makinwa over the controversial no
- Following cancellation of the week-five nominations for eviction, Big Brother, also known as `Biggie’ and owner of the #BBNaija house, introduced superstitions and phobia as the theme for the task for the housemates.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that little did the housemates know that Biggie would add a twist to the task by asking them to eat “irregular” food in order for him not to reveal those secrets.
Before the commencement of the eating task, Biggie warned the
- After gagging on Biggie’s nauseating mixtures of food to keep their secrets safe during Tuesday evening’s task, the Housemates quickly settled back into their routine, sharing stories and life experiences and this formed part of their midnight chat.
The discussion went from courting to cheating, domestic violence and further onto X-rated material, all this happened while Head of House (HOH) Kemen was locked in solitude in the Isolation Booth. This was his (and Marvin’s) punishm
- For the people of downtown Makoko in Lagos Mainland, the Valentine Day celebration, penultimate Tuesday brought happiness and joy. That is because, that day, the community and its residents felt and received the love and warmth of humanity as Management and Staff of MIC Funeral Services, a Lagos based Funeral Services hosted a Valentine Day party for the residence.The venue which was the open space outside the Baale’s office, witnessed a large turnout of Makoko’s residence who praise
- Comedian MC Klawn has announced that the maiden season of his show, ‘The Comedy Invaders’ will hold on Sunday, February 26, 2017 at Plot CDI Ext, III FCDA Scheme, Kubwa, Abuja.Comedians billed to perform at the show being organised by MP Mandy Global entertainment include Kessy Lafta, MC Asawana, AMB Wahala, Stainless Precious, Washington DC, MC Bob, Nick B, Mr Odey, MC Sam, Emperor Kennedy, MC Kind, Holy Prince Majid and others.“People should expect the best blast of com
- Roots and Folk musician, Beautiful Nubia, has called on both government and parents to invest positively in their children as to help secure their future. Beautiful Nubia made this call while performing during his Valentine show which was held on Sunday at Isaac John, GRA, Ikeja, Lagos State.“Every nation that wants to survive, develop and make progress invests positively in its children and youth irrespective of their origin, social class, gender or faith,” said Beautiful Nubia.&ldq
- Going by the current happenings in the Big Brother Naija House where about nine housemates are now slugging it out for the ultimate prize of N25million and a brand new SUV, it appears Nigeria may be in the process of unearthing yet another set of talent. From the enviable fitness skills of Kemen and Bassey, to the creative skills of ThinTallTony, Debbie Rise, and Efe; to talented entertainers, singers, and models such as TBoss, Bisola, and Uriel, entertainment should expect great stuff from thes
- Come Saturday, March 11, Nigerian Christian Youths Political Platform (NICHYPP), will be organizing its annual awards in honour of Christians in politics.Tagged NICHYPP Unity Merit Award (NUMA), the ceremony, which will be graced by big names in the Nigerian political sphere, will take place at the Women Development Center, Abuja.Making the announcement in Lagos last Sunday, founder of NICHYPP, Matthew James said that the body encourages Christians in politics while discouraging the notion that
- Shortly after breakfast a few of the Housemates sat around the dining table discussing immunisations and vaccinations, and suddenly, the conversation took a turn and became an English-language lecture.
ThinTallTony and Jon decided it was best to correct fellow Housemate Efe’s use and pronunciations of the English language and what ensued was a back and forth highlighting the different pronunciations of words from the British and the American perspective, with Efe quickly adding his ‘
- Nigeria-born Olabode Adegoke, popularly known as DJ Budiano is making a name for himself as a Disc Jockey in the United Kingdom.With hundreds of bookings annually ranging from concerts, weddings, birthday parties, club appearances as well as carnival bookings, DJ Budiano has built his brand, playing at some of London’s biggest events such as ‘Julius Agwu’s Crack Ya Ribs (Manchester) the Fusion Variety Manchester with AY comedian, Iyanya, Seyi Law and Ushbebe, Easter Cabaret Man
- Yoruba actress Lolade Abuta, who kept a low profile after her marriage broke up in 2015, was recently spotted at the surprise party organised by actress Iyabo Ojo for her Personal Assistant.Looking beautiful in a red flowing gown, Lolade who currently runs a property company, Gracias GlobaL Property Ltd, and is yet to resume acting, attended the party with her son.The actress was reported to have opted out of her six months marriage to her London-based lover, Gbenga Lopez, after discovering that
- Starting from April 22, Lip Sync Battle Africa is back on MTV Base (DStv channel 322) and at the helm for the second season is uber-babe, actress, presenter and model Pearl Thusi, while flamboyant TV presenter and fashion icon, Denrele Edin, takes over from Kokomaster, Dbanj.No stranger to the music business, Denrele has interviewed the likes of Akon, Beyonce, Tyler Perry, Lil’ Kim, Snoop Dogg and others. Famous in Nigeria for his OTT calculated madness and edgy eccentricity, Denrele was h
- The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has described beauty pageantry as a catalyst for the growth of the creative sector, hence the need to support it for the emergence of a creative economy.The Minister stated this in Abuja on Friday, when the Chairman of Daily Times newspaper, Mr. Fidelis Anosike, formally presented to him the 40th Miss Nigeria, Chioma Obiadi.“I look at beauty pageantry as an integral part of the creative industry because when you are organising a
- Art and lifestyle centre, Terra Kulture, located in Victoria Island, Lagos, is set to launch the first privately owned technology equipped modern arts theatre in the whole of Nigeria.Over the years, Terra Kulture has developed and maintained its reputation as the hub for stage productions by both local and international companies. And the new 400-seater state-of-the-art theatre is to further seal its reputation as a one-stop premium hangout in the country.The theatre which also doubles as a movi
- Hours after ThinTallTony (TTT), one of the housemate who survived eviction from the #BBNaija told Bisola, a fellow housemate he was single , pictures of his family went viral on the internet.
The family pictures uploaded from his Facebook page showed that TTT is married to Laraba Audi Offiong and blessed with two adorable children.
TTT and Bisola have been getting cozy with each other for some days now and they have confessed to having feelings for each other, although it seems Bisola doesn&rsqu
- It was another diary session for Ese as she received a brief from Biggie for the Housemates.
With the Evictions Show out of the way and the dawning of a new week, Biggie felt that the Housemates will need to face some difficult Tasks that will surely push them to levels of disgust and test the bonds amongst the Housemates.
The theme for this week’s Tasks will be centred around fears, phobias and superstitions and the Housemates have been instructed by Biggie to collectively agree
- Mavin Records ‘first lady’, Tiwa Savage has debut her international campaign with a ‘single’ collaboration with Grammy-nominated American rapper Remy Ma of Fat Joe’s rap crew, Terror Squad.
Tiwa Savage collaboration would be on the Remy Ma and Fat Joe joint album entitled “Plata o Plomo”, currently on the works.
“She is huge, she is like the African Rihanna type, you know,” Fat Joe said referring to Tiwa Savage.
The Nigerian singer in 2016 si
- Beginning from Thursday, February 23, to March 5, 2017, DStv premium customers will have an opportunity to watch all the movies of one of the greatest spy movie franchises, James Bond 007, ever produced as M-Net Movies will create a pop-up channel just for that.Right from the 1963’s vintage Dr No to the latest explosive big-budget blockbuster Spectre (2015), all the action will play out on channel 109 on DStv Premium. It can also be streamed live on DStv Now and enjoyed at your convenience
- In the spirit of the Valentine season, musician, actor and producer Banky W has said that a lucky fan will win a trip for two persons to Dubai.The EME boss disclosed this on his Instagram page, posting an accompanying picture of himself in a caftan. He said a competition to find the winner will be announced by him soon as well as the release of a new song.“I know yall haven’t forgotten about the Dubai Trip giveaway,” said Banky W who recently paid a surprise visit to housemates