The Lagos State Government (LASG) on Thursday clarified the controversy surrounding the collection of all water abstraction related revenues, saying that at no time did it authorize any consultant to collect such revenues on its behalf.
The Concerned Members of Association of Water Producers of Lagos State had on Monday published a petition in a national daily on Monday, December 5, 2016 alleging harassment, intimidation, financial deprivation, among others by the State Water Regulatory Commissi
- Former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Dr. Obadiah Mailafia, has advocated the practice of a social market economy that encourages fair competition.
Mailafia made the call in Abuja at a Roundtable organised by the Korad Adenuer Stiftung (KAS), a German NGO, with the theme “Social Market Economy: A tool for Economic and Social Development”.
According to him, such a system which creates employment, caters for citizens’ social welfare by providing amenit
- The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) Coordinator in charge of Adamawa and Taraba, Mr Sa’ad Bello, has confirmed a twin bomb blasts in Madagali Market in Adamawa.
Bello, however, said the number of casualty was yet to be ascertained.
Also confirming the incident, the Chairman of Madagali Local Government, Alhaji Yusuf Mohammed, said the incident which occurred around noon was at the animal and grains sections of the market.
“Certainly there is casualty but I can’t rea
- Controversy and mixed reactions has trailed the outspoken Minister of Youth & Sports, Solomon Dalung, after his controversial comments on Nigeria’s Super Falcons.
While speaking to
- I am from a very religious home, my mum believes in pastors and d word of God a lot, any program in church, we will
- One of the surviving Chapecoense players pulled from the wreckage of the Colombian air disaster which saw 71 people die, including 19 of his teammates,
- Adebayo Shittu, Communications Minister has asked Nigerians to brace for a price rise while making a case for telecom service providers, which according to the
- President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday directed security agencies to deal decisively with troublemakers who may want to violate the sanctity of the electoral process in
- A dermatologist, Dr Ayoola Adeyemi, has warned against the use of fairly used bras and pants, saying it could cause bacterial infections.The doctor noted that
- The Civil Liberties Organisation, Friday, condemned the recent withdrawal of the Chief Security Officer, CSO of Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State, by the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, calling on the National Assembly to immediately wade in.
IGP-IdrisThe CLO in a statement, by its Executive Director, Comrade Ibuchukwu Ezike, said: “The attention of the Civil Liberties Organisation (CLO) has been drawn to the withdrawal of the Chief Security Officer to the Gove
- A woman has been arrested by the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) in Ebonyi State, for allegedly attempting to sell
- Newly crowned Golden Boot winner Leonard Tsipa is set to dump champions Caps United next season.Tsipa who only scored 11 goals all season is in
- The gifted entertainer tied the nuptial knots with his lover, Cynthia Okoronkwo, in a traditional wedding ceremony that took place at the bride’s home in
- Following the widely reported deaths of some members of the National Youth Service Corps recently, the Nigerian Senate has reacted over the development. The Nigerian
- - An angry former spokesperson for Goodluck Jonathan, Reno Omokri, has come for the government of President Muhammadu Buhari
- Omokri is asking questions following the
- Looking at the budget that was presented by Patrick Chinamasa it lacks merit and tolerance of divergence of views. What Chinamasa should have done is
- Nigerians have expressed mixed reactions over the comments made by the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) John Oyegun in the build up
- The trial of former governor of Plateau, Chief Joshua Dariye, was on Friday stalled in an FCT High Court Gudu, due to the absence of defence witness.
Senator Joshua DariyeDariye, who is facing a 23-count charge bordering on money laundering and diversion of ecological fund to the tune of N1.162billion, was present in court.
The defence counsel, Mr Fidelis Kaatpo, holding the brief of Mr Garba Pwul (SAN), told the court that two of the witnesses were yet to be served summons.
“The court bai
- Eleven ships are presently discharging petroleum products and other commodities at Apapa and Tin-Can Island ports in Lagos, the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) said on
- - At least 53 people have been confirmed dead in a fatal road crash in Edo
- Five people sustained severe injuries
The Federal Road Safety Corps
- Editor's note: Obi Joseph, the NAIJ.com partner blogger, lists 10 activities that make Christmas a memorable experience In Nigeria.Joseph is the owner of www.afrilaugh.com, the
- Traditional Leaders in Chimanimani have been accused of campaigning for the ruling Zanu PF ahead of the just ended by elections in the area.Heal Zimbabwe
- A Customary Court in Mapo, Ibadan, on Friday dissolved the five-year-old marriage between Mr Olumide Asogbon and her wife, Idowu, a mother of two, over
- A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Lagos, Mr Victor Akande, on Friday appealed to politicians in Rivers to avoid violence in Saturday’s legislative rerun elections in the state.
Amaechi and WikeAkande (PDP-Ojo I) at the Lagos State House of Assembly made the plea in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos while reacting to the threats of violence by gladiators from PDP and All Progressives Congress (APC).
According to him, where two elephants fight, th
- The president of the South African FA at the time of the 2010 World Cup has been banned by Fifa for five years in connection
- The Meteorological Services department has published a press release indicating that Zimbabwe is likely to experience heavy down pour as from Saturday 10 December to
- The Bayelsa state government has placed heavy restriction on the activities of Fulani herdsmen in the state due to violence perpetuated by them.
Guardian reports that
- A soldier has been found alive two weeks after an Indonesian army helicopter he was travelling in crashed, killing three people, the military said on
- Security arrangements have been beefed up at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport in Enugu as many indigenes return home to celebrate Christmas and New Year.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the airport is the only international airport in the South East.A correspondent of NAN, who visited the airport on Friday, observed that security personnel were in large numbers at the various sections of the airport.
Passengers coming or leaving the airport were made to go through electronic s
- Blac Chyna got railroaded by the Kardashians' attorneys not the Kardashian sisters themselves in her effort to trademark herself as a member of the family
- An unemployed man, Chukwukere Akachukwu, who allegedly broke into an apartment and stole N108,000, was on Friday in Lagos granted N50,000 bail.
An Ikeja Chief Magistrates’ Court directed the accused to provide two sureties in like sum who must be gainfully employed with evidence of tax payment to Lagos State Government.
The 35-year-old accused, however, pleaded not guilty to the two-count charge of burglary and stealing.
According to the Prosecutor, Sgt. Yomi Egunjobi, the accused com
- Editor’s note: President Muhammadu Buhari, a former military ruler, takes security seriously. Since the inauguration, his government has had some success in pushing back the
- Senator Ben Murray Bruce has condemned the NFF for not paying the wages of the Super Falcons who recently won the African Women Nations Cup
- Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo has said that his administration’s desire is to make Edo the most prosperous economy in the South-South within three years.
Obaseki said this on Thursday night in Benin at a seminar organised for permanent secretaries as well as leaders and stakeholders in the state.
GOVERNOR GODWIN OBASEKI He said that in another seven to 10 years, his desire was to position the state as the number one economy in the country.
The governor said that in “15 to 20 ye
- Arsenal legend Ian Wright has advised Super Eagles forward Alex Iwobi to step and improve on his goal sense and score goals on a more
- The Supreme Court sitting in Abuja has today Affirmed the Governor of Cross Rivers State, Ben Ayade as the duly elected Governor of the state
- [embedded content]
Nicki Minaj turned 34 Thursday. The couple celebrated her birthday on the beach in Turks And Caicos.
search feedsearch feed
- A housewife, Taye Akinbolade has been charged before an Okitipupa Magistrates’ Court in Ondo State for allegedly slashing the breast of her husband’s lover.28-year-old Akinbolade
- Premium mobile phone brand, TECNO Mobile, and the Premier League’s Manchester City, celebrated the launch of their new global multi-year partnership yesterday.
Stephen Ha, TECNO Mobile’s
- [embedded content]
Here are Photos from Lagos big boy Damian Okoroafor aka Don messi child dedication. Multi-award winning Singer, D'banj, was also in attendance.
- The Federal Government on Thursday gave a new insight into its inability to pay the allowances of the Super Falcons, saying that it did not
- Tailors in Hadejia, Jigawa, are making brisk business due to increasing demand for their services as Muslims celebrate the Eid-el-Maulud.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)
- A fatal road accident at Turnpike along the Harare-Bulawayo highway has claimed three Ministry of Sport and Recreation officials.The driver of the Central Mechanical Equipment
- [embedded content]
Wizkid' son Boluwatife and his mom, Sola Ogudugu have jetted out of the country and are currently in Florida for the long Christmas vacation.
- - Igbos in Nigeria always complain about marginalization
- A recent fact-check in the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) might have validated that claim
- An Igbo officer
- The death of Miss Ifedolapo Oladepo, during the 2016 batch B National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) orientation camp in Kano state has led to widespread
- The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), has rejected the proposed bill seeking to establish Christian Courts in the country.Rev. John Hayab, who is the Public
- There are so many beautiful reasons why you should never give up on life despite the numerous travails you come face in your journey.
- A 61-year-old trader, Ayo Idowu, was on Friday charged before an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court in Lagos for allegedly obtaining the sum of N767,000 loan under false pretence.
Idowu, 61, who resides at No. 12, Apostle Kayode St., Olorunda, Lagos, is standing trial on two-count charge of conspiracy and stealing.
The Prosecutor, Babaji Ishaku, told the court that the accused committed the offences with two others still at large on March 9 at P-Will Global Investment Limited located at 27, Lagos-Ab
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s agent, Gestifute has published what it claims to be further evidence of the superstar’s complete tax compliance.The Portuguese has been the subject of
Follow @GeneralNews_NGR on Twitter!