- Former Housing.Com CEO Jason Kothari has been roped in by Snapdeal to head the e-commerce company's strategy and investment operations, a day after the merger of the realty portal with PropTiger.
- "Invalidating existing high-denomination notes addresses the stock of black money but does little to address future flows. Eliminating such flows will require further reforms like lowering stamp duty on property transactions, electronic registration of real estate etc," the Assocham study said.
- Speaking to CNBC-TV18, Ajit Gulabchand, Chairman and Managing Director of Hindustan Construction Company, said that he hoped to see the benefits of demonetisation materialise in the form of lower taxes.
- To foster competition among states, Niti Aayog has sought data on digital transactions from them within 10 days so that they can be ranked on the basis of initiatives taken to promote less-cash economy.
- A drop in production could lift local prices and prompt the world's second-biggest consumer to allow duty-free imports of the sweetener, supporting global prices that are trading near their highest level in 1-1/2 months.
- Shares of Reliance Industries today fell by almost 3 percent after the company's third quarter earnings failed to cheer investors.
- Online cab-hailing firm Ola on Tuesday announced its partnership with Apollo Hospitals to create comprehensive medical programme for driver-partners.
- Thirty more countries have applied for joining the China-sponsored Asia Infrastructure Investment Bank in which India is the second largest shareholder, the Foreign Ministry here said today.
- The goods and services tax (GST) is expected to be fiscally neutral and the resulting inflation impact is likely to be minimal at less than 20 bps, says a Nomura report.
- According to sources, there is a proposal to allow 100 percent Foreign Direct Investment in single brand retail sector "through automatic route" with certain conditions.
- In a minor relaxation to IDS tax payment rules, the Income Tax Department has said disclosures under the scheme will be considered valid even if the tax amount has been realised by December 5.
- Should FM Jaitley make special announcements this year to lift the public sentiment or should he continue to take stern decisions for the betterment of the economy in long term?
- The government had come out with a 4-month long Income Disclosure Scheme, which closed on September 30, 2016, to give an option to domestic black money holders to declare their unaccounted wealth and come clean by paying 45 percent tax and penalty.
- For the fourth time since taking over as the command of the Finance Ministry in 2014, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will present the Union Budget for the financial year 2016-17 on February 1 as against the usual date of February 28.
- The deferment is indeed positive for the industry as it will give more time to prepare for the roll out and greater clarity, experts say.The post GST breakthrough: Experts say watch for these five things as roll out deferred appeared first on The Financial Express.
Bad news for Modi-baiters: Not China, India to be world’s fastest growing economy in 2017, 2018, says IMFDespite the "negative" IMF forecast for 2016 and 2017, as claimed by the critics of demonetisation, India would continue to grow faster than China in 2017 and 2018 by huge margins.
The post Bad news for Modi-baiters: Not China, India to be world’s fastest growing economy in 2017, 2018, says IMF appeared first on The Financial Express.
- The government may announce a new scheme or overhaul the structure of Rajiv Gandhi Equity Savings Scheme (RGESS), which has found few takers
Even as IMF scaled down India forecast, it ate crow on Brexit estimate for UK & scaled up US forecast post Trump. Here is all that it saidInternational Monetary Fund (IMF) has caused India much heartburn over its negative GDP growth forecast.
The post Even as IMF scaled down India forecast, it ate crow on Brexit estimate for UK & scaled up US forecast post Trump. Here is all that it said appeared first on The Financial Express.
- Major industrial firms are so intertwined with power in South Korea that citizens joke they live in the "Republic of Samsung".
- Ending a a colonial-era prictice, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will present the Union Budget 2017-18 on first day of February.
- India features among top six for global executives when it comes to overall growth prospects over the next 12 months, but enthusiasm for investing in the country has dropped from three years ago, finds out a survey.
- The government may soon facilitate an income transfer scheme paving the way for a national social security system for poor and unemployed in the country.
- The New Sunny 2017 offers two powertrain options: a 1498cc, HR15 petrol engine coupled with the XTRONIC CVT, and a 1461cc k9k dci diesel engine.
- "The committee approved the six projects which would bring capital investment worth Rs 3,285 crore in the state," a Public Relations department officer said today.
- A higher service tax will prevent a greater price shock after GST kicks-in from July 1, 2017; it will also help the Centre partially offset the revenue loss from forgoing exclusive rights over service tax that accounts for 14% of total central revenues currently
- India features among top six for global executives when it comes to overall growth prospects over the next 12 months, but enthusiasm for investing in the country has dropped from three years ago...
The post Another bad news for Modi; now, India falls from top five most promising markets globally appeared first on The Financial Express.
- This limited edition is available with a few cosmetic updates, both inside the cabin and outside.
- The benchmark BSE Sensex gained over 72 points in early trade today, extending yesterday's rally on increased buying by domestic institutional investors encouraged by macro data and better earnings by some blue chips like TCS and Infosys.
- Chairman of Enam Securities Vallabh Bhansali believes demonetisation is a success despite â€˜flip-flop on rules that government has to calibrate on daily basis.â€™
- Some good news for those who have aspired to be MBA qualified from the prestigious Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad (IIM-A).
Follow @India_Economy_ on Twitter!