- Former Housing.Com CEO Jason Kothari has been roped in by Snapdeal to head the e-commerce company's strategy and investment operations, a day after the merger of the realty portal with PropTiger.
- S&P Global Ratings today said profitability of banks will improve in the next fiscal but barring large capital infusion the ratings on PSU banks would remain vulnerable.
The post Banks’ profit to improve in FY18, capital infusion necessity appeared first on The Financial Express.
- The Computer Society of India (CSI)-Nihilent Nagaland on Tuesday declared Nagaland as a top performing state from among the northeastern states in Information Technology and e-Governance sector.
The post Nagaland tops IT, e-Governance sector, declares Computer Society of India appeared first on The Financial Express.
- India's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) grew at a rate of 7% in the October-December quarter of the fiscal year 2016-17 after factoring in the note ban impact.
- Aiming to comply with the guidelines of the Reserve Bank of India and also for making Metro Smart Card interoperable, it has been decided that Delhi Metro Smart Cards shall be non-refundable from April 1, 2017.
- Honda Cars India will soon launch the all new WR-V SUV in India on March 16.
India undeterred by Modi’s demonetisation; still fastest growing economy with FY17 GDP forecast at 7.1%Official estimates on Tuesday showed that there would be no impact of demonetisation on India’s economy with the Central Statistics Office keeping its current financial year’s growth forecast at 7.1%.
The post India undeterred by Modi’s demonetisation; still fastest growing economy with FY17 GDP forecast at 7.1% appeared first on The Financial Express.
- India's fiscal deficit in the first 10 months to January was 5.64 trillion rupees ($84.56 billion) or 105.7 percent of the budgeted target for the fiscal year ending in March 2017, government data showed on Tuesday.
The post India’s fiscal deficit breaches 2016/17 target in January appeared first on The Financial Express.
- Core sector growth slows to 3.4% in January
- The combined Index of 8 core industries, that is, coal, crude oil, natural gas, refinery products, fertilisers, steel, cement and electricity -- stands at 191.8 in January, 2017, which was 3.4 % higher compared to the index of January, 2016. Its cumulative growth during April to January, 2016-17 was 4.8 %.
- Titan forays into premium sarees, women's ethnic wear
- UK India Business Council (UKIBC) CEO Richard Heald said the residual issues of retrospective tax still impact external perceptions of India as an investment environment.
The post India should repeal retrospective taxation law: UK India Business Council appeared first on The Financial Express.
- The new E-Class is being introduced exclusively as a long-wheelbase model and what’s more is that India is the only country to get it with right-hand drive.
Environment lobby split, TERI harps on mix of renewable and storage, CSE says coal power here to stayThe environment lobby seems to be a divided house with agencies like that of The Energy Resource Institute (TERI) and Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) taking different stand on the future of power generation in India.
The post Environment lobby split, TERI harps on mix of renewable and storage, CSE says coal power here to stay appeared first on The Financial Express.
- The Supreme Court on Tuesday extended the parole of Sahara Group chief Subrata Roy till April 17.
- The third pay revision committee for central public sector enterprises (CPSEs) has recommended that all listed PSUs formulate an employee stock option plan (ESOP) to motivate employees and retain talent.The post Pay panel for central public sector enterprises bats for ESOPs to keep talent appeared first on The Financial Express.
- Market close: Sensex drops 70 pts, Nifty below 8,900
- Retirement fund body EPFO has allowed full and final withdrawal of funds by the subscribers from their pension account without providing Aadhaar number.
- The government is looking at making spectrum auction an annual event and will reach out to sectoral regulator Trai for its recommendations, Telecom Secretary JS Deepak on Tuesday said.
- Services like cash deposits and withdrawal from branches and cheque clearances have been hit hard by the strike, which was called under the aegis of the United Forum of Bank Unions (UFBU).
- The states and the Centre have "converged on all areas of differences" over the Goods and Services Tax and the indirect tax reform will be implemented from July 1, unleashing the growth potential of the economy.
- The rating agency said the pace of new non-performing loan creation is likely to abate somewhat over next 12 months.
- While most clauses of the amended treaty signed on December 30 took effect from February 27, the principal clause allowing levy of capital gains tax on investments routed through Singapore will come into force from April 1.
The post India’s revised tax treaty with Singapore takes effect appeared first on The Financial Express.
- The positive effects of demonetisation will be visible from April and the completion of remonetisation process will drive consumption going forward, Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das said today.The post Demonetisation: Positives of note ban to be felt from April, says Shaktikanta Das appeared first on The Financial Express.
- The central government will pay two state-owned firms' outstanding liabilities of Rs 14,698 crore directly to the state governments, who will not insist on levy of Rs 7,223 crore interest on payments that were due from April 2008.
- The Organisation of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) has supported Indiaâ€™s demonetisation drive, asserting that immediate impact of the move on Indian economy will be transient.
- Once the projects are successful, government will push for commercial use of technology for utilisation of country's huge coal reserves, Coal Secretary Susheel Kumar said.
- "The Railways have done something exceptional in the last two and a half years. Of the Rs 3.5 lakh crore of capital expenditure undertaken, a substantial part of it has been raised outside the Budget," said Suresh Prabhu.
Will India lose ‘fastest-growing’ economy tag to China? How demonetisation may impact GDP forecast due todayThe CSO is set to unveil its projection on India’s GDP for the current financial year 2016-17 ending March 31, capturing the information for the months of November and December, when the influence of the note-ban on businesses and consumers was at the peak.
The post Will India lose ‘fastest-growing’ economy tag to China? How demonetisation may impact GDP forecast due today appeared first on The Financial Express.
- "The loan waiver scheme of the UPA government did not benefit the common farmers and it has been proved through the audit report that rules were changed to help people close to them (those who were part of the UPA)," Singh told news persons here last night.
Follow @India_Economy_ on Twitter!