The Reserve Bank will come out with monetary policy review, the first after demonetisation of old Rs 500/1000 notes, on Wednesday amid expectations of interest rate cut.
The post RBI to announce monetary policy decision on Wednesday appeared first on The Financial Express..
- Amid ongoing cash crunch following the demonetisation of old Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes, government today said the Reserve Bank monitors the currency requirement on a regular basis and accordingly places order for printing.
The post RBI places order to print currency as per requirement: Govt appeared first on The Financial Express..
- Government in consultation with the RBI today sharply raised the Market Stabilisation Scheme (MSS) ceiling to Rs 6 lakh crore from Rs 30,000 crore to mop up extra liquidity from the system in view of demonetisation.
The post Govt raises MSS cap to Rs 6 lakh crore to manage liquidity appeared first on The Financial Express..
Airtel Payments Bank gives you talktime for every rupee in savings deposits; here are other benefitsAirtel Bank or the Airtel Payments Bank, a part of Bharti Airtel Limited, announced its pilot banking services recently, has now unveiled some major new benefits on savings account deposits.
The post Airtel Payments Bank gives you talktime for every rupee in savings deposits; here are other benefits appeared first on The Financial Express..
- The Guardian
Ireland reports rise in relocation inquiries from UK-based finance firms
The Central Bank of Ireland deputy governor Cyril Roux said there had been more authorisation queries from UK-authorised entities since the UK referendum. Photograph: Carl de Souza/AFP/Getty Images. EU referendum and Brexit ...and more »
Water, History, and Finance Converge As Sioux Nation Mounts Storied Battle Over Oil Pipeline - Circle of Blue WaterNewsCircle of Blue WaterNews
Water, History, and Finance Converge As Sioux Nation Mounts Storied Battle Over Oil Pipeline
Circle of Blue WaterNews
Over 10,000 Native Americans and their supporters were encamped on Standing Rock Sioux tribal lands this past week. Photograph by Dark Sevier. Dakota Access pipeline could be stranded asset in the making. By Keith Schneider, Circle of Blue.and more »
- Economic Times
Finance Ministry looking into issue of NRIs having old notes: MEA
NEW DELHI: As NRIs grapple to find ways to exchange old Rs 500 and 1000 notes, External Affairs Ministry today said the Finance Ministry is looking into suggestions made by an inter-ministerial panel in this regard. Admitting that the FAQs put up by ...and more »
- Breitbart News
Yahoo! Finance on #DumpKelloggs: 'Cereal Needs to Be Agnostic'
Yahoo! Finance weighed in on the “#DumpKelloggs” campaign on Wednesday, concluding that Kellogg's had made a mistake by picking a fight with Breitbart News. “Cereal needs to be agnostic,” said Alexis Christoforous, the host of The Final Round. Yahoo!and more »
Bajaj Finance, Shriram Transport Raise Money Through Bonds
New Delhi: Bajaj Finance today said it has raised Rs. 275 crore by issuing non-convertible bonds on a private placement basis. "The Debenture Allotment Committee of the company at its meeting held today allotted 2750 secured redeemable non-convertible ...and more »
Married woman can legitimately hold jewellery, ornaments upto 500 gms: Finance Ministry - Daily News & AnalysisDaily News & Analysis
Married woman can legitimately hold jewellery, ornaments upto 500 gms: Finance Ministry
Daily News & Analysis
The government said there is no limit on legitimate holding of gold and jewellery from inheritance. Seeking to quell apprehensions based on rumours, the government said on Thursday there is no limit on legitimate holding of gold and jewellery ...and more »
- Muthoot Finance today said its customers can do their gold financing transactions through mobile phone app and web portal to keep the business going as cash has become a distant catch due to ban on Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes.
The post Demonetisation: Muthoot to push cashless transactions for loan disbursements appeared first on The Financial Express..
- Bank of England reports spike in banks' demand for cheap finance
LONDON Dec 1 British lenders' usage of a Bank of England scheme which helps them pass on August's interest rate cut more than doubled over the past week, figures from the central bank showed on Thursday. The BoE said the total amount of loans made ...and more »
- Times Now (press release)
Exemptions For Using Old ₹500 Notes Cut Down: Finance Ministry
Times Now (press release)
Further limiting the use of demonetised ₹500 notes, the Finance Ministry on Thursday said the old notes will not be accepted for purchase of airline tickets and at outlets of public sector oil and gas marketing companies, with effect from December 2 ...
Machine Learning: How finance can catch up with other intelligent real-time systems - International Business Times UKInternational Business Times UK
Machine Learning: How finance can catch up with other intelligent real-time systems
International Business Times UK
Thalesians founder Paul Bilokon will be speaking at the IBT data science and capital markets event. Ian Allison. By Ian Allison. December 1, 2016 14:46 GMT. Updated 1 hr ago. CIA-backed firm that aided police surveillance axes staff after losing ...
- Mortgage Finance and Taxing Wealth
Matt Levine is a Bloomberg View columnist. He was an editor of Dealbreaker, an investment banker at Goldman Sachs, a mergers and acquisitions lawyer at Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz and a clerk for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.and more »
- The American Prospect
Republicans Gear Up to Eviscerate the Campaign-Finance Rules
The American Prospect
From “Charity PACs” to soft money, Donald Trump and his GOP allies are just getting started on their campaign to roll back restrictions on moneyed interests. PinItInstapaperPocketEmailPrint. AP Photo/Molly Riley. President-elect Donald Trump ...
Axis Capital, Inc. Unveils Rebrand as "AMUR Equipment Finance"
GRAND ISLAND, NE--(Marketwired - Dec 1, 2016) - Axis Capital, Inc. (Axis), one of North America's leading commercial equipment finance companies, has unveiled a new company name, logo and website -- rebranding as Amur Equipment Finance ...and more »
'Wolf of Wolf Street'-style finance boss jailed for a year for sex assaults on two women - Mirror.co.ukMirror.co.uk
'Wolf of Wolf Street'-style finance boss jailed for a year for sex assaults on two women
A finance boss has been jailed for 12 months for sex attacks on two females - in an City of London atmosphere of "sexual bullying" likened to the hit Hollywood film Wolf Of Wall Street. Anthony Constantinou, 34, molested the women during after-work ...
City finance boss, 35, who rammed hot wasabi into woman's mouth in 'sexual bullying' at 'Wolf of Wall Street' office ...The Sunall
- Wall Street Journal
Avon Taps Former SABMiller Executive as Finance Chief
Wall Street Journal
Avon Products Inc. on Thursday named Jamie Wilson, a former executive at brewer SABMiller PLC, to be Avon's chief financial officer, making him its third head of finance in the past three years. The move is effective Jan. 1. James Scully, who currently ...and more »
- HFMA survey reveals divided loyalties for NHS finance chiefs implementing STPs
Finance chiefs in charge of implementing NHS sustainability and transformation plans are struggling with a “club versus country” dichotomy, according to the Healthcare Financial Management Association. Meanwhile, 52% of trusts and 21% of clinical ...and more »
- India Inc's borrowings from overseas markets fell by 30.3 per cent from a year ago to $1.47 billion in October 2016, RBI data showed.
The post India Inc’s foreign borrowings at $1.47 billion in October appeared first on The Financial Express..
PETROL WARNING: Prices to soar at pumps this winter to TWO-YEAR HIGH, drivers told
DRIVERS have been warned petrol is set to soar to two-year highs this winter after a surge in oil prices. By Lana Clements. PUBLISHED: 10:28, Thu, Dec 1, 2016 | UPDATED: 12:25, Thu, Dec 1, 2016 ...and more »
- Times of India
demonetisation: After currency ban, West Bengal finance minister ...
Times of India
West Bengal's Trinamool finance minister Amit Mitra found an unlikely ally today in the BJP's Subramaniam Swamy, after the latter tweeted that he agrees with ...and more »
- RBI on Thursday announced that old Rs 500 notes would be accepted at petrol pumps and for buying airline tickets till December 2.
The post RBI cuts Rs 500 notes validity to Dec 2 from Dec 15 at petrol pumps and airline counters appeared first on The Financial Express..
Demonetisation: You can use your old Rs 500 notes at petrol pumps and airline counters only till December 2In a move that may not go down well with many people, the government has cut down the date till which you can use your old Rs 500 notes to December 2.
The post Demonetisation: You can use your old Rs 500 notes at petrol pumps and airline counters only till December 2 appeared first on The Financial Express..
ChemChina setting up $5 billion fund to help finance Syngenta bid ...
China National Chemical Corp (ChemChina) is setting up a fund that will aim to raise $5 billion to help finance its purchase of Swiss seeds group Syngenta ...
ChemChina setting up $5 bln fund to help finance Syngenta bid -Basis PointDaily Mailall 2 news articles »
- Bank of Japan board member Makoto Sakurai said the central bank will continue to buy massive amounts of government bonds even under its new policy framework targeting interest rates.
The post BOJ policymaker pledges to maintain central bank’s huge bond buying appeared first on The Financial Express..
- Many are hoping to persuade customers to pull out less cash and use electronic channels at least for a few days. One bank has decided to issue prepaid cards free of cost. However, pensioners will be given cash.The post Demonetisation fallout: Banks set to be hit by pay-day cash crunch crush appeared first on The Financial Express..
- Named as SIMsePAY, the technology is based on wafer-thin sticker attached to any SIM card of a telecom provider that sources information from a co-branded prepaid wallet linked to it.
The post Yes Bank offers digital service sans Internet for rural users appeared first on The Financial Express..
Finance manager of UK-based Korean firm 'sacked after refusing to bow to boss and make him coffee' - Mirror.co.ukMirror.co.uk
Finance manager of UK-based Korean firm 'sacked after refusing to bow to boss and make him coffee'
A financial manager of a British-based Korean firm lost her job because she refused to bow to her boss, an employment tribunal heard today. Misook McDonald, 43, was allegedly demoted after her "furious" director had confronted her over her failure to ...and more »
- Sundaram BNP Paribas Home Finance cuts interest rates
CHENNAI: Sundaram BNP Paribas Home Finance Ltd., has announced a reduction on its deposit rate by 50 basis points across all tenors from December 16. Individuals (other than senior citizens) will now get 7.25 per cent on two-year and three-year ...
- The Indian Express
Demonetisation has put GST at risk, says West Bengal Finance ...
The Indian Express
The abrupt banning of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes on November 8 however, has created an economic slowdown and states are losing more money sooner than ...and more »
Putin names deputy finance minister Oreshkin Russia's new economy minister
Head of the long-term strategic planning department at the Russian Finance Ministry Maxim Oreshkin delivers a speech during a meeting in St. Petersburg, Russia December 5, 2013. REUTERS/Interpress/Alexander Nikolaev. 2/2. left. right. Russian President ...and more »
- Indian domestic institutional investors bought about $2.6 billion in equities this month, their biggest net purchases since at least 2007, showing faith in Indian markets despite fears about a cash crunch.The post India’s domestic investors stock up despite shock from cash crunch appeared first on The Financial Express..
- The Royal Bank of Scotland is the worst prepared among Britain's lenders for another financial crisis, the Bank of England said today, forcing the state-rescued lender to raise more cash.
The post Royal Bank of Scotland fails UK stress test appeared first on The Financial Express..
- DEMONETISATION is likely to put the Indian market into a period of uncertainty which can last for three to four months.
The post How to benefit from demonetisation: Here’s what retail investors can do appeared first on The Financial Express..
- THE most effective way of securing yourself and your loved ones is by getting health insurance cover. Such covers vary from personal to group plans.
The post Health insurance: Looking beyond growth cover to personal health insurance plans; 4 power points appeared first on The Financial Express..
- On its part, Axis Bank has reduced rates on bulk deposits with maturity of two years by 45 bps to 6.1% and on all deposits of longer maturities by 30 bps to 6.25%.The post ICICI Bank, Axis Bank cut interest rates on deposits of Rs 1 cr by 55 bps to 6% appeared first on The Financial Express..
- The Ghaziabad District Cooperative Bank (DCB) accepted deposits of about Rs 78 crore in scrapped currency though it was not authorised to do so, a former bank official said on Tuesday.
The post UP cooperative banks took old currency in breach of RBI fiat appeared first on The Financial Express..
- Public banks have seen nearly Rs 80,000 crore increase in gross non-performing assets (NPAs) in the three months ended September 2016. As on September 30, gross NPAs of public sector banks rose to Rs 6,30,323 crore as against Rs 5,50,346 crore by June end.
The post Gross NPAs of PSBs jump nearly Rs 80,000 cr in Jul-Sep appeared first on The Financial Express..
- BRIEF-Spain's Indra to issue 12 mln shares to finance Tecnocom deal
Reuters is the news and media division of Thomson Reuters. Thomson Reuters is the world's largest international multimedia news agency, providing investing news, world news, business news, technology news, headline news, small business news, news ...and more »
- Times of India
Union finance ministry clears metro rail project in Pune: MP Shirole
Times of India
PUNE: The Union finance minister has given the go ahead to the Pune metro rail project. "The proposal has been submitted to the Unionurban development ministry. The proposal will now be sent to Union cabinet, which will give the final approval to the ...
Euro chief Dijsselbloem sees London losing EU finance dominance
Dutch Finance Minister and Eurogroup President Jeroen Dijsselbloem gestures during a European Union finance ministers meeting in Brussels, Belgium, July 12, 2016. REUTERS/Francois Lenoir. BRUSSELS The European Union cannot let London remain ...and more »
- Nudging retailers such as malls and shop owners to deposit their daily collections with banks, RBI has said they would be allowed to withdraw the deposited sum in Rs 2,000 and Rs 500 notes, irrespective of the existing withdrawal limits.
The post RBI relaxes withdrawal norms, nudges retailers to deposit cash appeared first on The Financial Express..
- Irish Times
New €70m leasing finance fund launched for SMEs
Irish small and medium-sized businesses will be able to borrow at a lower cost for specialist equipment and vehicles thanks to the creation of a new €70 million loan fund. The Strategic Banking Corporation of Ireland (SBCI) has come together with ...
SBCI and FEXCO Asset Finance announce €70m in specialist leasing finance for Irish SMEsBusiness World (press release) (blog)all 6 news articles »
- Buy UPL, Bajaj Finance, Reliance Industries: Sudarshan Sukhani
According to Sudarshan Sukhani of s2analytics.com, one may UPL, Bajaj Finance and Reliance Industries. Like this story, share it with millions of investors on M3. Buy UPL, Bajaj Finance, Reliance Industries: Sudarshan Sukhani. According to Sudarshan ...and more »
- Buy Tech Mahindra, Ceat, Indiabulls Housing Finance: Rajat Bose
I would put a stoploss at Rs 485 and the stock looks pretty good. In fact, there is a possibility that it might scale up to beyond Rs 500 levels, Rs 503 is the final target before that Rs 499." " Ceat. has moved up but yet it still has got potential. I ...
- Buy Bajaj Finance, Maruti Suzuki: Ashwani Gujral
Ashwani Gujral of ashwanigujral.com is of the view that one may buy Bajaj Finance, Bharat Financial Inclusion and Maruti Suzuki. Like this story, share it with millions of investors on M3. Buy Bajaj Finance, Maruti Suzuki: Ashwani Gujral. Ashwani ...and more »
- News Today
Sundaram BNP Paribas Home Finance cuts interest rates on deposits by 50bps
Individuals (other than senior citizens) will now get 7.25% on 2 year and 3 year deposits as against 7.75% previously while Senior Citizens will get 7.75% (8.25%) on 2 year and 3 year deposits. Article saved successfully to my page. You must be Logged ...
Sundaram BNP Home Finance cuts ratesNews Todayall 3 news articles »
- Economic Times
Micro finance companies may allow borrowers to take repeat loans
MUMBAI: Worried about losing business, micro finance companies have expressed willingness to offer fresh loans to their existing borrowers, who have availed the benefit of an additional 60-day loan repayment window, in time of cash crunch. They plan to ...