Axis Bank will open an international finance branch at Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT) in Gandhinagar, its CEO and MD Shikha Sharma said today.
The post Axis Bank to open international finance branch at Gujarat International Finance Tec-City: CEO and MD Shikha Sharma appeared first on The Financial Express.
- Axis Bank to open international finance branch at GIFT
Ahmedabad, Mar 25 (PTI) Axis Bank will open an international finance branch at Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT) in Gandhinagar, its CEO and MD Shikha Sharma said today. "Yes we are planning to open an international finance branch at GIFT ...
- Business Standard
A paperless growth in housing finance
After many years of a comfortable banking career with leading banks like GE Capital, Standard Chartered and Barclays, Sandeep Menon and Sujay Patil decided to rock the boat. At roughly 40, they found themselves at the crossroads with two options before ...
- As per the directions of RBI and Government of India, all authorized branches for government transactions would function on all days from March 25 to April one.
The post Indian Bank to operate on all days till April 1 appeared first on The Financial Express.
- The CBI today lodged a case against two former AGMs, two ex-chief managers of Syndicate Bank's Jaipur and Udaipur branch, and six others for allegedly causing loss of nearly Rs 209 crore to the bank.
The post Four ex-bank officials among 10 booked by CBI for fraud appeared first on The Financial Express.
- The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has registered a case on a complaint from Syndicate Bank against two then AGMs and two then chief managers of Syndicate Bank and six private persons including CA, Builder etc. related to a fraud in its two branches at Jaipur and one at Udaipur, Rajasthan.
The post CBI registers case against two former Syndicate Bank officials appeared first on The Financial Express.
- India Today
Finance Bill, 2017: All you need to know about the controversial bill ...
Here are a few things you should know about the Finance Bill, 2017.
The Finance Bill, 2017: a brute majority and its far-reaching ...The Hindu
Finance Bill 2017: The good, bad and ugly- The New Indian ExpressThe New Indian Express
6 issues that should scare you in Arun Jaitley's Finance Bill 2017 ...Free Press Journal
Dalal Street Investment Journal
all 11 news articles »
- The Hindu
The Finance Bill, 2017 from all sides
With the passage of The Finance Bill, 2017, the government has granted itself unprecedented powers and protected itself against legal action, all through the virtue of having 282 MPs on its side. We take a look at the different aspects of this Bill. In ...and more »
Media failed to cover Finance Bill because Parliament reporting is non existent
Nervously wringing her hands she confessed, “So I have to do a story on the budget for my paper but I don't actually understand how the budget process really works, or what to look for. I heard the finance minister's budget speech and I am going to ...
MEEK: Finance is no place for a minister who's human
I expected to hear the phrase “snow-capped peaks” in Bill Morneau's budget speech Wednesday. After all, the man was already going on about Canada's “natural beauty, allowing us to share the joys of building a campfire with our kids, hiking with a ...and more »
Manipur: CM Biren Singh keeps Home Ministry for self, hands over finance to Deputy Joykumar Singh - Daily News & AnalysisDaily News & Analysis
Manipur: CM Biren Singh keeps Home Ministry for self, hands over finance to Deputy Joykumar Singh
Daily News & Analysis
Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh allocated portfolios to his council of ministers on Friday, keeping key home department with himself. The chief minister will be in charge of home, transport, general administration, sericulture, tourism, IT ...and more »
- Huffington Post India
8 Personal Finance Mistakes That Are Too Common And Too Expensive
Huffington Post India
Sometimes you need to lose money to learn about losing money. We bring you some of the worst financial mistakes people make. Here are some sure-fire ways to lose money, and how. Start investing late. The idea is to keep working until that one day when ...
- Contrary to its earlier stand of infusing fresh capital in strong banks, the central government has decided to infuse fresh capital totalling Rs 8,586 crore.The post Spell out MoU terms for capital infusion: All India Bank Employees’ Association appeared first on The Financial Express.
- Financial Times
Teach personal finance to 5-year-olds, peers recommend
Children as young as five should be taught about personal finance in schools to boost financial literacy in later life and tackle the scourge of “rip-off” credit charges, peers have recommended. Sample the FT's top stories for a week. You select the ...
- Govt agrees to finance panel's suggestions- The New Indian Express
The New Indian Express
CHENNAI: The State government has accepted in toto 144 recommendations of the Fifth State Finance Commission (SFC) and 10 more with modifications while ...and more »
- The New Indian Express
Infrastructure equipment finance business on a robust growth path
The New Indian Express
HYDERABAD: Infrastructure equipment finance business in the country is witnessing robust growth thanks to the spurt in homes and road construction sectors. Dedicated equipment finance companies, public and private-sector banks and non-banking ...
- Hindu Business Line
As a small finance bank, Disha to offer gold, MSME loans to rural borrowers
Hindu Business Line
Micro-finance platform Disha plans the formal launch of its small finance bank (SFB) in the next quarter, followed by 30-40 branches in the next three months. The SFB, under parent Fincare Business Services, also looks to offer products such as gold ...
- Economic Times
Reliance Capital: Reliance Capital completes transfer of commercial ...
MUMBAI: Reliance Capital, a part of Anil Ambani led Reliance Group, today announced completion of transfer of its commercial finance division – Reliance ...
Reliance Capital transfers its commercial finance division to a wholly owned subsidiaryIndiainfoline
RCap completes transfer of commercial finance biz to separate firmFree Press Journalall 6 news articles »
- Economic Times
GST: FAITH hands over GST representation to Ministry of Finance ...
NEW DELHI: Hospitality industry's apex body Federation of Associations in Indian Tourism and Hospitality or FAITH has handed over its GST representation to ...and more »
PSU Banks Surge As Finance Minister Promises Speedy Resolution Of Bad Loans
The Nifty PSU Bank index was the best performing index on the National Stock Exchange after Finance Minister Arun Jaitley promised a solution to the problem of spiralling bad loans in the Indian banking system over the next few days. The government is ...
Indian shares rise for Second day as Finance Minister's comment boosts lendersFinancial Expressall 82 news articles »
- Hindustan Times
Finance Bill 2017: Independence of tribunals could be affected
The amendments permit the central government to decide the terms of service including appointments, term of office, salaries and allowances, and removal of tribunal members through rules.(PTI). Typically, during every Budget session, Parliament passes ...
Finance Bill, 2017: How Tribunal Mergers Took Cover Under Money BillBloombergQuint
Why Finance Bill is changing functions, existence of tribunalsBus
- Public Sector Indian Bank today opened a branch in Kovaipudur in the city, taking the number to 88 in Coimbatore zone, comprising four districts.
The post Indian Bank eyeing retailing sector for growth appeared first on The Financial Express.
Expect crude oil prices to trade sideways: Sushil Finance
According to Sushil Finance, expect crude oil prices to trade sideways on the back of short covering after drop in prices. Expect crude oil prices to trade sideways: Sushil Finance. Sushil Finance's report on Crudeoil. Oil prices dipped on Thursday ...and more »
Buy Jet Airways, Dish TV, Ceat, Indiabulls Housing Finance, Bajaj Finance: Ashwani Gujral - Moneycontrol.comBuy Jet Airways, Dish TV, Ceat, Indiabulls Housing Finance, Bajaj Finance: Ashwani Gujral
... Dish TV, Ceat, Indiabulls Housing Finance, Bajaj Finance: Ashwani Gujral. Ashwani Gujral of ashwanigujral.com recommends buying Jet Airways, Dish TV, Ceat, Indiabulls Housing Finance and Bajaj Finance. Flash plugin failed to load. Share Video.and more »
- South Korea's financial system faces a little more risk in the wake of the U.S. Federal Reserve's interest rate hikes, the Bank of Korea said on Friday, but the system's ability to withstand external shocks was still in "fair condition".
The post Bank of Korea sees financial risk rising but manageable after Federal Reserve rate hikes appeared first on The Financial Express.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is looking at ways to strengthen the joint lenders’ forum (JLF) and oversight committee (OC) mechanisms in order to resolve stressed assets, deputy governor SS Mundra said on Thursday.
The post NPA-resolution mechanisms need more teeth, says RBI’s deputy governor SS Mundra appeared first on The Financial Express.
- State Bank of India (SBI) commands pole position in all digital banking channels, with a 52% market share in mobile banking and 30.8% in debit card spends, Manju Agarwal, deputy managing director (corporate strategy and new business), tells Shritama Bose.
The post SBI’s Manju Agarwal: Our UPI success rates, if not best, must be best in industry appeared first on The Financial Express.
- Economic Times
G20 leaders to discuss finance and economic policy on the ghats of Varanasi
NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Lok Sabha constituency Varanasi, considered the spiritual capital of India, will soon be getting on the international diplomacy map. The VIP city will play host to G20 financial and economic policy mandarins ...
Finance minister Jaitley seeks suggestions from political parties on electoral bonds - Hindustan TimesHindustan Times
Finance minister Jaitley seeks suggestions from political parties on electoral bonds
Finance minister Arun Jaitley on Thursday sought suggestions from political parties on funding election expenditures by raising money through bonds in a bid to clean up the electoral process. Jaitley told the Rajya Sabha that individuals and companies ...and more »
- Dodgers beware! Finance Bill gives taxman the teeth to bite hard
Hindu Business Line
It may no longer be easy to legally challenge the taxman's search and seizure actions. This is because the Finance Bill 2017 has introduced as many as seven provisions that confer “unbridled powers” on the taxman conducting search and seizure operations.
- "Now buoyed by the performance of the stock market and expected good returns on such investments, the EPFO's apex decision-making body the Central Board of Trustees will deliberate on further increasing flow of its funds into ETFs at a meeting scheduled on March 30, 2017," a source said.The post EPFO to consider investments of up to 15 per cent in ETFs on March 30 appeared first on The Financial Express.
- SBI chief Arundhati Bhattacharya and Indian-origin physician Raj Panjabi have been named by Fortune magazine among the world's 50 greatest leaders who are transforming the world and inspiring others to do the same.The post SBI Chief Arundhati Bhattacharya among Fortune’s 50 greatest leaders of the world appeared first on The Financial Express.
- Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc is eliminating about 690 jobs and closing 180 U.K. and Irish branches as Britain’s largest taxpayer-owned lender trims costs after a near-decade of losses.
The post Royal Bank of Scotland Group cuts almost 700 jobs as it closes 180 UK, Irish branches appeared first on The Financial Express.
- Retirement fund body EPFO will consider a proposal to amend the EPF & MP Act for making provident fund contributions optional for employees in apparel and made-ups sector at the trustees' meet on next Thursday.The post EPFO to discuss making EPF optional for apparel workers appeared first on The Financial Express.
Buy LIC Housing Finance, Manappuram Finance, Infosys: Ashwani Gujral
... CNBC-TV18. Buy LIC Housing Finance, Manappuram Finance, Infosys: Ashwani Gujral. According to Ashwani Gujral of ashwanigujral.com, one can buy LIC Housing Finance, Manappuram Finance and Infosys. Flash plugin failed to load. Share Video.and more »
Finance Bill who?: India's newspaper front pages ignore sweeping changes
Large systemic changes seem to be taking place under the cover of noise about Hindutva. Scroll Staff. Published Mar 23, 2017. Finance Bill who?: India's newspaper front pages ignore sweeping changes. Mar 23, 2017. Scroll Staff. Share · Tweet · Email ...
Finance Bill: New political funding rules for cos legalises corruption, overrides shareholders' rightFirstpost
Key Highlights Of The
- Economic Times
Finance Ministry asks banks to absorb surplus cash
MUMBAI: The finance ministry has called bankers into a meeting on Friday to discuss setting up a new facility to absorb surplus cash in the banking system, according to a letter sent to heads of lenders seen by Reuters on Thursday. The finance ministry ...
Finance ministry calls banks to discuss new facility to drain cash: reportLivemint
Finance Ministry to mull over absorbing surplus cash with banksIndiainfolineal
- Some sources have revealed, the government is working on plans to bring together major state-owned banks to conduct a large-scale public auction of stressed assets, especially in the steel and power sectors.The post This is what Modi government is doing to reduce bank NPAs! appeared first on The Financial Express.
Finance Bill: Modi govt just made political funding more opaque; transparency remains a promise - FirstpostFirstpost
Finance Bill: Modi govt just made political funding more opaque; transparency remains a promise
One of the less discussed developments in the Finance Bill 2017 is the way Narendra Modi government has effectively made corporate funding of political parties more opaque, contrary to its promise of bringing in more transparency. The Finance Bill has ...
Qatar to Move $100 Billion Portfolio to Finance Ministry
Qatar Investment Authority will transfer oversight of its approximately $100 billion domestic portfolio to the country's finance ministry as the sovereign fund undergoes its second overhaul in three years, people with knowledge of the matter said. QIA ...and more »
The Daily Fix: By expanding scope of the Finance Bill, Modi ...
Everything you need to know for the day (and a little more).
Finance Ministry Using 'Back Door' to Amend Laws, Says Opposition ...News18all 5 news articles »
The Morning Wrap: The Finance Bill And Its Implications; Delhi Doctors Go On Strike - Huffington Post IndiaHuffington Post India
The Morning Wrap: The Finance Bill And Its Implications; Delhi Doctors Go On Strike
Huffington Post India
The Morning Wrap is HuffPost India's selection of interesting news and opinion from the day's newspapers. Subscribe here to receive it in your inbox each weekday morning. Essential HuffPost. Defence, Finance and Corporate Affairs Minister Arun Jaitley ...
- Hindustan Times
Finance Bill: Govt merges 'autonomous' tribunals, assumes power to appoint chiefs
Prime Minister Narendra Modi with other BJP leaders after the party's parliamentary meeting at Parliament in New Delhi.(PTI File Photo). The government has merged several powerful administrative tribunals and assumed powers to appoint and remove their ...and more »
- HSBC is on track to fill 1000 vacancies at the new headquarters of its British retail bank in Birmingham it said on Thursday, with people hired for nearly 450 of the roles.
The post HSBC confident of filling Birmingham headquarters roles on time appeared first on The Financial Express.
- The Actuary
Correction: Treasury's Women in Finance Charter
Royal Bank of Canada has recently joined the Treasury's Women in Finance Charter. An article on March 22 incorrectly stated that Royal Bank of Scotland, which was already a member, had joined. Read next. Download Article (opens in a new ...
BAML and RBC sign up to UK's Women in Finance CharterFinancial News (subscription)
Treasury's Women in Finance Charter adds 33 new firmseconomia
Almost half of financial service
Lok Sabha clears Finance Bill 2017, mini reforms package
Finance minister Arun Jaitley. Under the Finance Bill 2017, the govt has made Aadhaar mandatory for filing of income tax returns and for obtaining and retaining PAN from 1 July. Photo: Mint. New Delhi: The Lok Sabha on Wednesday signed off on Finance ...
Finance Bill amendments: What the key changes mean for usHindustan Times
From tax evasion to political funding: Key highlights of the Finance BillBusiness Standard
This car park ain't big enough for three of us: Finance boss, doctor and bankers at war over width of parking space - Telegraph.co.ukTelegraph.co.uk
This car park ain't big enough for three of us: Finance boss, doctor and bankers at war over width of parking space
A "trivial" row over just a foot of parking space has led to an extraordinary courtroom battle between the residents of a multi-million pound housing development. Bankers Andrew and Penny McSpadden have been at war with finance company boss Sheriar ...and more »
- Business Standard
Tough calls deliver big payoff at L&T Finance
In an industry where it is tough to trim business verticals, L&T Finance Holdings has set an example of taking bold decisions. Until a year ago, the company was reckoned as an all-in-one financier. From there, it has axed more than half of its ...
Personal finance: Time to rebalance your portfolioBusiness Standard (press release) (registration) (blog)all 17 news articles »
Finance committee approves Senate's $106B spending plan
AUSTIN -- The budget-writing Senate Finance Committee on Wednesday approved a $106.3 billion two-year spending blueprint for Texas government, a target well within the state's shortfall of revenues and spends less than the initial House plan. One part ...
Finance Committee Completes Its Proposed Texas BudgetTexas Public Radioall 16 news articles »
- Business Standard
Apple officials take up duty wish-list with finance ministry officials
Senior executives of iPhone maker Apple on Wednesday held detailed deliberations on their demands related to duty concession with officials of the finance ministry. The meeting assumes significance as the revenue department has rejected the demands of ...and more »