As it happened - Dublin vs Roscommon, National Football League: Dublin set new unbeaten record
Bernard Brogan of Dublin in action against Conor Devaney of Roscommon during the Allianz Football League 1 Bernard Brogan of Dublin in action against Conor Devaney of Roscommon during the Allianz Football League Division 1 Round 6 game between ...and more »
- Tamim's highs, and a first for Bangladesh
- The Supreme Court has agreed to consider a plea of two students to open the door of medical colleges for them, saying the present practice of Medical Council of India not permitting colour-blind students to take admission in MBBS courses is regressive and should be done away with.
Division 3 football wrap: Armagh stay in promotion hunt
Armagh kept their promotion challenge on track with a two-point victory over Ulster rivals Antrim at the Athletic Grounds in Divsion 3 of the Allianz Football League. The hosts trailed by 0-01 to 0-03 when Ciaran McKeever delivered the game's crucial ...
Football League Division Three: Armagh defeat Saffrons to go topBBC Newsall 4 news articles »
World Cup 2018 qualifiers, international football REPORT: Romelu Lukaku salvages a draw for Belgium while Bulgaria ... - Daily MailDaily Mail
World Cup 2018 qualifiers, international football REPORT: Romelu Lukaku salvages a draw for Belgium while Bulgaria ...
Bulgaria came firing out of the blocks thank to Delev's quickfire brace and never looked back. Danny Blind's men have now slipped down to third in the Group A pecking order behind France and Sweden. 21:39. Romelu to the rescue! 21:38. Portugal stroll ...and more »
- Any community that needs the force of muscle power to get into the OBC list is suspect, an expert said. The Modi government on Thursday announced it would replace the NCBC with “National Commission for Socially and Educationally Backward Classes” which will have Constitutional status.
- Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh on Saturday suggested IPL organisers to do away with cheerleaders and play tunes in praise of Lord Rama during T20 matches instead.
- The finance ministry on Saturday approved the re-organisation of the indirect tax wing renaming the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) as the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC). The decision will be sent for legislative approval.
Steven Gerrard stars as Liverpool Legends edge Real Madrid rivals
Steven Gerrard was the familiar hero as a star-studded Liverpool Legends side edged their Real Madrid counterparts 4-3 at a packed Anfield. The former Reds captain set up goals for Michael Owen (24) and John Aldridge (49), as well as winning a penalty ...and more »
- The CBI registered a case on Saturday against former senior officers of Syndicate Bank and a prominent builder in Jaipur, among others, for allegedly causing a loss of Rs 209 crore to the bank by way of cheating.
- The city of Nawabs, known for its mouthwatering Awadhi delicacies, was forced to turn vegetarian on Saturday when over 5,000 shops selling mutton and chicken went on strike protesting the Yogi government’s crackdown on unlicensed abattoirs and meat outlets. Famous eateries of Lucknow like Tunday’s and Mubeen’s showed solidarity by downing their shutters.
- Lexington Herald Leader (blog)
A big, huge, monstrous Kentucky football practice report
Lexington Herald Leader (blog)
It was a closed scrimmage at Commonwealth Stadium on Saturday morning, so we have to rely on what coaches and players are relaying afterward, but it sounds like Coach Mark Stoops was pleased with both sides of the ball overall. “I wouldn't say either ...and more »
- European Medicines Agency has recommended suspension of around 300 medicines on which bioequivalence studies were conducted by Chennai-based Micro Therapeutic Research Labs, citing unreliability of data. Bioequivalence studies are usually the basis for approval of generic medicines.
- Rohatgi said tourism industry has taken a hit as existing laws do not allow construction within the periphery of 500 metres along seashores.
- Stating that an erroneous commercial decision of a public servant cannot always be seen as corrupt, Finance minister Arun Jaitley today said the amendments to the anti-graft law would protect the honest bureaucrats.
UK condemns Pakistan`s move to declare Gilgit-Baltistan as its fifth province, says it belongs to IndiaThe Gilgit-Baltistan area is Pakistan`s northernmost administrative territory that borders the disputed Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
- In its highly critical editorial, The New York Times said that the BJP's move to name Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh's CM is a "shocking rebuke to religious minorities”.
- Digvijay Singh's comments came in the wake of the party's poor performance in two of the five states assembly polls held recently – UP and Uttarakhand.
- The Alliance turned down the invitation of Chief Minister N. Biren Singh for talks and decided to go ahead with the general strike.
- The Chief Justice of India will now receive monthly emoluments at Rs 2.8 lakh excluding dearness and other allowances, in addition to perks such as official residence, cars, staff and allowances as applicable.
- Daily Herald
BYU football Pro Day a special day for RB Jamaal Williams and his trainer Luke Neal
Jamaal Williams performs the vertical jump during BYU football pro day held at the indoor practice facility on campus on Friday, March 24, 2017. SAMMY JO HESTER, Daily Herald. BYU hold 2017 pro day 19. Buy Now. Sammy Jo Hester, Daily Herald. Jamaal ...and more »
- The Guardian
Belgium 1-1 Greece: World Cup 2018 qualifier – as it happened
Eeh Bel Gium. That's a frustrating night for Roberto Martinez's team, and an excellent point for nine-man Greece. They would have won but for Romelu Lukaku's brilliant late goal. Thanks for your company; night. Facebook Twitter Google plus. Share.and more »
- Police from Patan and Mehsana rushed to the spot but with the situation threatening to spiral out of control, in-charge Director General of Police P.P. Pandey despatched Inspector General of Police, Gandhinagar to the riot-torn village to oversee matters. It also took more than 10 fire engines from Mehsana, Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar to douse the fire in the houses and vehicles set ablaze.
- At least 20 people were injured when a fire broke out at Ordnance Factory, Khamaria (OFK) in Jabalpur district of Madhya Pradesh this evening, setting off a series of explosion.
- However, police officials refused to comment on the incident.
- The parade also saw the first woman assistant commandant of India's border guarding force, Tanushree Pareek, passing out with Home Minister Singh registering his praise for the BSF's first woman field officer.
- Amidst much drama, the newly-appointed UP chief minister Yogi Adityanath has set the tone - his government means business.
- "We want a tallest structure for Chhatrapati Shivaji maharaj. Once we finalise the bidder, we will send revised proposal to the Centre to get clearances from the environment ministry to increase the height to 210 metres (from the planned 192 metres)," Mete told PTI.
- Eminent jurist Fali Nariman on Saturday raised questions over the appointment of Aditya Nath Yogi as the Uttar Pradesh chief minister, asking Prime Minister Narendra Modi "if it is the beginning of a Hindu state".
- The staff called police yesterday after noticing that some farmers were lifting water from the canal. There was a heated argument between police and farmers after which police used lathi charge to disperse them.
- Many a conflict amid all the interest
- Clear daylight between Steven Smith and the rest
- Shakib's calm, Tharanga's surrender
- Cracks playing a huge role for spinners and quicks - Wade
- The account now available suggests that the duo were detained by Pakistan intelligence operatives on the suspicion of an underhand agenda. However, the unilateral operation, perhaps carried out without the political authorities being kept in the loop, seems to have backfired.
- The anti-Romeo squads -- a poll promise of the BJP -- have been ostensibly set up to curb cases of eve-teasing and molestation. The frequent police raids over the last three days have shooed off the young boys frequently seen revving up their bikes, checking their reflection in the mirror while waiting for a girlfriend to emerge from a college.
UC snags another local football recruit
SPRINGFIELD TWP. - University of Cincinnati head football coach Luke Fickell continues his local carpet-bombing recruiting tactics, nabbing St. Xavier 2018 standout Blake Bacevich. Bacevich verbally committed to the Bearcats Saturday on his Twitter ...and more »
- Watch: Lights go off in support of Earth Hour
- Rajnath Singh meets family of visually-impaired BSF jawan Sandip Mishra
- Anti-Romeo squad will not harass boys, girls unnecessarily: Yogi Adityanath
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath offers prayers at Gorakhnath temple
- "The government will not touch those (abattoirs) which are operating as per the provisions of law and have a valid licence. But, those which are violating the orders of the NGT and playing with the health of the public would not be spared...," he asserted.
- Pakistan mulling options for Abdul Basit's replacement: Sources
- Amit Shah asks BJP workers to defeat 'most corrupt party' AAP
- Rajasthan Home minister questions Bikaner rape survivor
- Bengaluru: Mugging attempt caught on camera
- The Guardian (blog)
Séamus Coleman's horrific injury demands rethink of misplaced tolerance
The Guardian (blog)
It doesn't get any easier, no matter how many times you watch it. The way he lands, his instinctive reaction to assess the damage, the split second where you just hope your first suspicions might be wrong. But then Shane Long is cradling Séamus Coleman ...
Football fans bombard the WRONG Neil Taylor with abuse after Seamus Coleman leg breakWalesOnline
'Stay strong Seamus
- Explosion rocks ordnance factory in Jabalpur
- Ahead of MCD polls, Delhi police seize over Rs 1.25 crore cash
- Mussoorie in grip of severe water crisis at beginning of summer