UK regulators and mobile operators have been asked by small cell basestation firm ip.access to share radio spectrum to improve mobile coverage in rural areas and beyond. A group of MPs in the the British Infrastructure Group (BIG) have proposed in a report titled: “Mobile Coverage: A good call for Britain?” compulsory roaming on mobile operators, as a ...
Read full article: Compulsory roaming is not the best way to improve mobile coverage
- Digi-Key is now offering a range of DoE Level VI and CoC Tier 2-compliant external AC-DC adapters from power firm CUI. The US Department of Energy’s revision to its EISA 2007 external power supply (EPS) efficiency standard, which came into effect this year, increased the minimum efficiency requirements as well as expanding the range of products applicable under ...
Read full article: Digi-Key offers DoE Level VI and CoC Tier 2 power supplies
- Nantero has raised $21 million bringing its total VC backing to $110m. Nantero currently has more than a dozen partners and customers in the consumer electronics, enterprise systems, and semiconductor industries actively working on CNT-based NRAM. The new funding will enable the company to support these partners in bringing multiple products into the market, while ...
Read full article: Nantero raises $21m for CNT memory production
- Delta Electronics to tap Taiwan market for data centers used by financial organizations
Power supply maker and energy management solution provider Delta Electronics will extend marketing of its energy management solutions for data centers in the Taiwan market from targeting semiconductor makers and educational organizations to use by ...
- Cavium and China Unicom are to collaborate on the development of Virtualised BBU (base band unit from the base station) based on Cavium’s ThunderX data server ARM-based processors and provide a path for 5G adoption. Thecompanies will work together on new innovative fronthaul solutions, system architecture vBBU performance and deployment. This collaboration allows Cavium to ...
Read full article: Cavium joins China Unicom for vBBU development
- Imec has demo-ed a silicon-passivated germanium nMOS gate stack with dramatically reduced interface defect density (DIT) reaching the same level as a Si gate stack and with high mobility and reduced positive bias temperature instability (PBTI). This paves the way to Ge-based finFETs and gate all-around devices, as promising options for 5nm and beyond logic ...
Read full article: Imec shows Si-passivated Ge NMOS gate stack
- BRIEF-Compal Electronics' Nov sales drop 9.1 percent y/y
... * Says it signed contract with Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Dec. 8, to provide semiconductor manufacturing equipment. MORE FROM REUTERS. Sponsored Content. The Motley Fool. The Motley Fool. Tesla? Just a distraction from the REAL story.
- Japan Watching: Fuhrmeister Electronics Co.,Ltd. (3165) Move Up 0.57% on Dec 9
Shares of Fuhrmeister Electronics Co.,Ltd. (TYO:3165) last traded at 876JPY, representing a move of 0.57%, or 5JPY per share, on volume of 1,100 shares. After opening the trading day at 890JPY, shares of Fuhrmeister Electronics Co.,Ltd. traded in a ...and more »
Faraday Future Will Unveil Their First Production Vehicle At The Consumers Electronics Show - iTech PostiTech Post
Faraday Future Will Unveil Their First Production Vehicle At The Consumers Electronics Show
New electric car startup company, Faraday Future, shows teaser photos of their first ever car to be made for production. The car will be unveiled at the CES 2017 on January 2017. (Drive7/ Youtube). Faraday Future, a startup electric car company that ...and more »
Samsung Electronics to supply chips to Tesla -Electronic Times ...
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd will supply semiconductors to U.S. electric carmaker Tesla Motors Inc, South Korea's Electronic Timesreported on Friday citing ...
Samsung, LG to Compete in Automotive Electronics BusinessBusinessKorea
Samsung Electronics to supply chips to TeslaETTelecom.com
NPS logs modest returns from stocks on Samsung ElectronicsThe Korea Heraldall 7 news articles »
Japan's Electronics Makers Unveil a Future Shaped by the Internet of Things
CEATEC Japan, Asia's largest IT and electronics trade fair, has shifted its focus to the Internet of Things. The author examines the backdrop to this change and uses the 2016 trade fair as a springboard for analyzing the strategies of Japan's major ...
- Times of India
Flipkart: Flipkart starts private label in electronics - Times of India
Times of India
BENGALURU: Flipkart is starting its first private label, Smartbuy, on Thursday. This will be used in the electronics & accessories, and personal care electronics ...and more »
Today's Price Action: Could Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. See a Reversal After This Very Strong Session? - Frisco FastballFrisco Fastball
Today's Price Action: Could Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. See a Reversal After This Very Strong Session?
The stock of Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. (NYSEMKT:TIK) is a huge mover today! The stock increased 4.35% or $0.2 on December 8, hitting $4.8. About 72,528 shares traded hands or 269.97% up from the average. Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp.and more »
- Opportunities in Defence Electronics Manufacturing in India ...
Business Wire (press release)
India has one of the largest budgets for Defence. The allocated Defence budget for 2015-16 is INR 2,467.27 Billion, which is 7.7% more than 2014-15's ...and more »
- Frisco Fastball
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (ADR)'s Trend Up, Especially After Today's Gap Up
The stock of Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (ADR) (LON:BC94) gapped up by GBX 5 today and has GBX 819.09 target or 7.00% above today's GBX 765.50 share price. The 5 months technical chart setup indicates low risk for the GBX company. The gap was ...and more »
- Nano Electronics Market: Global Industry Analysis and Forecast 2016 - 2026
New York, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/08/2016 -- With the current development in technologies such as mobile wireless devices, IOT, cloud computing, and ubiquitous electronics there has been rise in the demand for Nano materials to harvest energy and sensor ...
- Thorold News
Insiders Don't Lie: Paul Bennett, Universal Electronics Inc (NASDAQ ...
Paul Bennett Insider Sell Shareholder, Paul Bennett is the Universal Electronics Inc's insider that unloaded shares of Universal Electronics Inc, 44512 to be.
Insider Selling: Universal Electronics Inc. (UEIC) EVP Sells 44,512 ...Sports Perspectivesall 5 news articles »
- Electronics EETimes (registration)
Flexographic printing nears 1μm resolution for electronics
Electronics EETimes (registration)
Publishing their findings in the Science Advances journal under the title "Ultrathin high-resolution flexographic printing using nanoporous stamps", researchers from the MIT re-visited flexography to give it a high-resolution twist, with low-cost ...
- ZME Science
MIT researchers develop printable electronics - ZME Science
MIT engineers have developed a fast, reliable and relatively cheap process through which they can print electronic surfaces.and more »
- ARM has completed its physical IP platform for 7nm and it is now available to SoC designers for evaluation and licensing. The first licensee is Xilinx and the first tape-out on 7nm is expected to be a Xilinx design. “We expect the first tape-out as early as Q1, with H2 of 2017 for engineering samples, ...
Read full article: Xilinx is first licensee for ARM 7nm physical IP platform
North America Wearable Electronics Market (2016-2022) - Key Vendors are Apple, Samsung & Lenovo - Research and ... - Business Wire (press release)North America Wearable Electronics Market (2016-2022) - Key Vendors are Apple, Samsung & Lenovo - Research and ...
Business Wire (press release)
Wearable electronics is a technology that is considered to be an integrated computing device or product helping users to enhance their day to day activities. The wearable electronics technology helps user to take advantage of advanced features and ...
Global Wearable Electronics Market (2016-2022) - Key Vendors are Garmin, Fitbit & Apple -
- Intel has launched a functional safety processor designed for use in safety-critical systems. It is the Intel Xeon processor D-1529 with industrial IEC 61508 certification. VxWorks, Wind River Linux and Wind River Simics are all supported by the Intel Xeon processor D-1529. Intel says it has already received a TÜV IEC 61508SIL 2 certification for this processor ...
Read full article: Intel certifies Xeon processor for safety-critical design with Wind River RTOS
- Press Telegraph
Methode Electronics, Inc. Reports Fiscal 2017 Second-Quarter ...
Marketwired (press release)
CHICAGO, IL--(Marketwired - Dec 8, 2016) - Methode Electronics, Inc. ( NYSE : MEI), a global developer of custom engineered and application specific products ...
Methode Electronics (MEI) Tops Q2 EPS by 11c; Boosts FY17 EPS ...StreetInsider.com
Today's Price Action: Methode Electronics Inc. Can't Burn Your Long Portfolio. Has Another Strong SessionPress Telegraph
The Methode Electro
- NI has joined up with IBM and SparkCognition to bring the capabilities of artificial intelligence (AI) and big data analysis to the maintenance of aging assets in heavy machinery, power generation and process manufacturing. The collection of raw data can be used for analysis and to improve operations, equipment and processes. The companies propose to use artificial intelligence-driven prognostics warn of component failures ...
Read full article: NI and IBM
- Graham McBeth is the new president of Premier Farnell following the acquisition of the online and catalogue distributor by Avnet earlier this year. McBeth, who was president of Avnet Abacus, replaces Premier Farnell’s interim President Steven Webb, who will remain with the company until January 31, 2017, to assist in the leadership transition. “Since Avnet ...
Read full article: Avnet names McBeth Premier Farnell president
- TDK-Lambda has packaged a range of 15W DC-DC converters in a metal case designed for providing six-sided shielding for reduced radiated EMI. The CCG15 has the industry standard 1 x 1 inch footprint, and can operate over a 4:1 input range. The CCG series is available with 3.3, 5, 12 or 15Vdc output voltages and can ...
Read full article: TDK puts 15W converter in metal can to reduce EMI
- Imec has achieved the CMOS integration of vertically stacked gate-all-around (GAA) silicon nanowire MOSFETs. Key in the integration scheme is a dual-work-function metal gate enabling matched threshold voltages for the n- and p-type devices. Also, the impact of the new architecture on intrinsic ESD performance was studied, and an ESD protection diode is proposed. These ...
Read full article: Imec makes CMOS GAA nanowire MosFETs.
Chicony Electronics reports revenues for November
Chicony Electronics has reported consolidated revenues of NT$7.217 billion (US$227.61 million) for November 2016, representing a 6.84% increase on month and 1.96% drop on year. The company has totaled NT$69.833 billion in year-to-date revenues, ...
- Leti has developed a new light-sensing device that integrates photodiodes below the buried oxide (BOX) of FDSOI transistors, making the transistors very sensitive to visible light. Photodiodes were co-integrated in the SOI substrate, replacing conventional FDSOI transistor backgate. This device architecture may lead not only to very small pixels with maximized fill factor, but also ...
Read full article: Leti integrates photodiodes below BOX of FD-SOI transistors
- There’s going to be an under-supply of 12 inch wafers and a price hike of up to 20%, reports Digitimes. TSMC, UMC and Micron are said to have been informed by their wafer suppliers that the contract price will be 10-20% higher as from Q1. Wafer suppliers Shin-Etsu Chemical, Sumco and Siltronic have all said ...
Read full article: Wafer shortage will lead to price hikes, warn suppliers.
- Electronics Adhesives Market - Promising Growth in Store by Volume and Value
The global electronics adhesives market is forecast to expand at an impressive 12.1% CAGR from 2015 to 2020, presenting a market opportunity of US$3.23 bn in 2014. This press release was orginally distributed by SBWire. Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) ...and more »
- MIT News
Printable electronics | MIT News
Digital stickers are on the horizon with a new MIT stamping technique that prints tiny, intricate circuits with electronically conductive ink.and more »
- 3D Printing Industry
"Super Inkjet Technology" enables desktop 3D printing for electronics
3D Printing Industry
Corey has a keen interest in 3D printing and all tech-related news, as well as the wider impact of additive manufacturing. Corey Clarke. “Super Inkjet Technology” enables desktop 3D printing for electronics. View Larger Image. “Super Inkjet Technology” ...
- Today sees the formal adoption of the latest Bluetooth wireless comms standard - Bluetooth 5 - incorporating all the low energy features previously seen in Bluetooth Smart
Read full article: Bluetooth 5 signals second-generation beacons
- HiSilicon has taken a license for UltraSoC’s IP for system monitoring, analysis and optimisation. UltraSoC’s IP provides an independent system-level architecture that enables non-intrusive, wire-speed monitoring of the internal behavior of a system-on-chip (SoC). It accelerates and de-risks development by giving engineers an intimate understanding of the complex interactions between on-chip sub-systems, buses and software. ...
Read full article: UltraSoC licenses HiSilicon
- CAMBRIDGE, UK, 7th December 2016 - UltraSoC today announced that a division of HiSilicon has licensed UltraSoC’s semiconductor intellectual property (IP) for system monitoring, analysis and optimization.HiSilicon is a division of Huawei and a worldwide leading company providing silicon solutions in digital home, communications and wireless terminals.UltraSoC’s IP provides an independent system-level architecture that enables non-intrusive, wire-speed monitoring of the internal behavi
- New airport security screening technology using millimetre waves have to potential to improve threat detection without using body images which invade personal privacy, writes Dr. Sherif Sayed Ahmed Long airport security queues are not fun for anyone involved. Waiting times can be stressful for travellers, who would rather be relaxing airside. The security staff themselves ...
Read full article: Millimetre-wave scanners protect our privacy in airports
- Imec has developed a 8nm p-MTJ device with 100% tunnel magnetoresistance (TMR) and coercive field as high 1500Oe. This enables the establishment of a manufacturing process for high-density spin-transfer-torque magnetic random access memory (STT-MRAM) arrays that meet the requirements of the 10nm and beyond logic node for embedded non-volatile memory applications. It also paves the ...
Read full article: Imec develops 8nm MRAM
- Leti has demonstrated that memristive devices can emulate synaptic plasticity, the capability of synapses to enhance or diminish their connectivity between neurons, which is widely believed to be the cellular basis for learning and memory. Neural systems exhibit various types and time periods of plasticity, e.g. synaptic modifications can last anywhere from seconds to days ...
Read full article: Leti demos RRAMS for synaptic plasticity
- Five companies will have 41% market share this year, says IC Insights, up from the 32% share held by the top five companies in 2006. The change follows the M&A activity in 2015 and 2016. The five are: Intel, Samsung, Qualcomm, Broadcom, and Hynix. — will account for 41% marketshare in 2016 (Figure 1). The ...
Read full article: Fab Five take 41% market share
Renesas Electronics Announces World's First Development of Fin-Shaped MONOS Flash Memory Cells for High ... - Business Wire (press release)Renesas Electronics Announces World's First Development of Fin-Shaped MONOS Flash Memory Cells for High ...
Business Wire (press release)
TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723), a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, today announced its successful development of the world's first (Note 1) split-gate metal-oxide nitride oxide silicon ...and more »
- BRIEF-ZYNP plans electronics tech JV with partners
SAN FRANCISCO Dec 6 Apple Watch sales appear to have rebounded for the holidays from mid-year doldrums on a redesign, price cuts and strong promotions, but analysts say long-term demand has yet to be proven.
- BRIEF-Allied Electronics says in talks which may impact its shares
SINGAPORE, Dec 7 (IFR) - Citigroup has named James Arnold head of Asia Pacific debt capital markets syndicate to replace Duncan Phillips. BRIEF-Blue Sky Alternative Investments says Cove Property completes acquisition of Manhattan property.
- Electronics market in Shenzhen struggles to cope with e-onslaught
The Huaqiang North Electronic Market in Shenzhen used to be bustling but now counters are gathering dust and stores are shuttered with rolling doors. Even the opening of Shenzhen's new Metro Line 7, in October, failed to bring the area back to life ...and more »
Immersion Renews License Agreement with LG Electronics for TouchSense® Technology and Basic Haptics Patent ... - Business Wire (press release)Immersion Renews License Agreement with LG Electronics for TouchSense® Technology and Basic Haptics Patent ...
Business Wire (press release)
SAN JOSE, Calif. & SEOUL, South Korea--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Immersion Corporation (NASDAQ:IMMR), the leading developer and licensor of touch feedback technology, today announced that it has renewed a license agreement with LG Electronics, Inc., ...and more »
Price Change to Note: Bonso Electronics International Inc. Rises A lot Today, Is Now One of The Best Performer - Frisco FastballPrice Change to Note: Bonso Electronics International Inc. Rises A lot Today, Is Now One of The Best Performer
The stock of Bonso Electronics International Inc. (NASDAQ:BNSO) is a huge mover today! About 882,321 shares traded hands or 125.52% up from the average. Bonso Electronics International Inc. (NASDAQ:BNSO) has risen 87.59% since May 3, 2016 and is ...and more »