Conference on aerospace electronics begins
The two-day international conference on 'Aerospace electronics, Electrical, Communications and Instrumentation' began at V. R. Siddhartha Engineering College on Saturday. Professor in BITS(Pilani) B. Yegnanarayana gave the keynote address. He delved ...and more »
- Science Daily
Unusual quantum liquid on crystal surface could inspire future electronics
Date: October 21, 2016; Source: Princeton University; Summary: For the first time, an experiment has directly imaged electron orbits in a high-magnetic field, illuminating an unusual collective behavior in electrons and suggesting new ways of ...and more »
- The Tech Portal
ST Electronics' facial recognition system might soon replace travel cards
The Tech Portal
There's a high probability that you might not need your travel card at an MRT station. This implies, you won't have to sweat over carrying them around or top up the EZ-link cards. A local firm – Singapore Technologies (ST) Electronics has come up with ...and more »
Sensors patents show lowest barrier to entry in consumer electronics - Electronic Products & TechnologyElectronic Products & Technology
Sensors patents show lowest barrier to entry in consumer electronics
Electronic Products & Technology
Over the past decade, investors have pumped $4.3-billion into the development of sensors, but it's the pattern of the 28,927 sensor patents granted since 1975 that reveal the true value and future potential of these patents, according to Lux Research.
- UST grad tops electronics engineering exams
A University of Santo Tomas graduate topped the electronics engineer licensure examination, and also placed fourth in the electronics technician licensure examination held early this month. Masaru Quemquem Nakaegawa bagged the top slot in the first ...
Quintech Electronics Elevates Executive Team in Europe | Business ... - Business Wire (press release)Quintech Electronics Elevates Executive Team in Europe | Business ...
Business Wire (press release)
Quintech Electronics Elevates Executives Executive Team in Europe: Rainer Lorger and Oliver Herzberger Named co-Managing Directors, DEV Systemtechnik,and more »
Electronics Weekly - Siemens IoT Gateway, Microsemi Smart Buffers & More
RS Components (RS), the trading brand of Electrocomponents plc, has announced it is extending its portfolio of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) devices with supply of the SIMATIC IOT2020 IoT gateway. Siemens and RS joined forces to offer an IoT ...
- Electronics Weekly (blog)
subscribe to Electronics Weekly, with the Great Gadget Giveaway
Electronics Weekly (blog)
Want to subscribe to Electronics Weekly? Want the chance to win a gadget? (And we're talking an Apple Watch, a Kindle Paperwhite or a Raspberry Pi 2.) Recommended Articles. SOUTH2016title · Meet Electronics Weekly at Southern Manufacturing & ...
- Binstead Designs of Nottingham has developed a way to increase touch-screen resolution without increasing the number of electrical connections. A 4×7 array of touch points delivered by eight connections using Binstead’s patented scanning technique. It is said to work with both resistive and projected capacitance screens, and only requires connection along one edge of the display. ...
Read full article: Better touch screens, from Nottingham
- Three new tech businesses from the UK were named winners of the 7th annual Cambridge Wireless Discovering Start-Ups competition in London this week in an event hosted by Deloitte. The winners – 8power with its smart, self-powered wireless sensors, risk analytics company AlgoDynamix and satellite positioning specialist Focal Point Positioning – were chosen from 10 finalists who presented ...
Read full article: Tech start-ups pick up awards from Deloitte
- An optoelectronic sensor IC from Osram Semiconductors can be used to monitor heart rate and blood oxygen levels. The BioMon optoelectronic sensor is available from distributor Intelligent LED Solutions in three variants, each of which is available mounted on a reference design board that will enable early stage development and prototyping. The heart rate and ...
Read full article: Heart-rate sensor on a chip from Osram
- Segger wants to make it easier to get true instruction trace up and running with its new Cortex-M Trace reference board. The firm believes that the main reason that developers do not use trace probes is the complexity of the tools. By referring to a tutorial on the firm’s website, engineers can experience streaming trace, ...
Read full article: ARM Cortex MCUs get fast trace probes
- Segger wants to make it easier to get true instruction trace up and running with its new Cortex-M Trace reference board.
Read full article: ARM Cortex-M MCUs get fast trace probes
- Dean Miles describes how an optically isolated probe can overcome common mode interference measurement challenges. Advancements in power conversion components have far outpaced the ability to accurately measure and characterise these designs. Engineers working on power device designs involving GaN and SiC technologies and other high-speed applications currently have no way to accurately measure differential ...
Read full article: Optical probes work for high speed measurement, says Tektron
- Triple Pundit (registration) (blog)
How the Circular Economy Greens the World of Electronics
Triple Pundit (registration) (blog)
Other than humans, the rest of the planet's ecosystem works on a circular economy. Materials discarded in one part can feed or enrich another. We humans — having used up the better part of our readily-available resources, with no signs of slowing ...
- Electronics Notes website launched
Southgate Amateur Radio Club
The Electronics Notes website has been launched. The new site has been born out of the old Electronics+Radio website and contains a wealth of information about electronics including amateur radio, antennas and propagation, radio technology, and ...
- Toshiba has expanded its family of automotive power MOSFETs with the TK1R5R04PB – the first device in its new low-resistance D2PAK+ package. While the D2PAK+ has the same footprint as a conventional D2PAK (or TO-263) package, it offers reduced package resistance. This is thanks to a source pin that is much wider near to the ...
Read full article: Toshiba adds to auto MOSFETs
- Joliet to open electronics recycling site Tuesday | The Herald-News
JOLIET – Joliet residents will get two hours to rid themselves of old TVs at a new electronics recycling site that opens Tuesday. It is the first day of a recycling ...and more »
RESULTS: October 2016 Electronics Engineer and Electronics Technician Licensure Exam
1,914 passed the Electronics Engineer Licensure Examination and 2,722 passed the Electronics Technician Licensure Examination this October 2016. Rappler.com. Published 9:17 AM, October 21, 2016. Updated 9:21 AM, October 21, 2016. comments.
USC among top performing schools in Electronics Technician board examInquirer.netall 12 news articles »
- The Cerbat Gem
Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here. Benchmark Electronics (NYSE: BHE) reported Q3 EPS of $0.36, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.35. Revenue for the quarter came in ...
Benchmark Electronics Inc. (BHE) Announces Quarterly Earnings ResultsThe Cerbat Gem
Benchmark Electronics Inc. (BHE) Issues Earnings Results, Beats Expectations By
- The Cerbat Gem
Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c - StreetInsider.com
Benchmark Electronics (NYSE: BHE) reported Q3 EPS of $0.36, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.35. Revenue for the quarter came in at $574 million ...
Benchmark Electronics Inc. (BHE) Announces Quarterly Earnings ...The Cerbat Gem
Benchmark Electronics Inc. (BHE) Issues Earnings Results, Beats ...Community Financial Newsall 6 news articles »
Electronics Recycling Site to Open in Downtown Joliet
All residents of Joliet and Will County are able to drop off up to two televisions sets and other unlimited amounts of electronics for free. By Scott Viau (Patch Staff) - October 20, 2016 4:09 pm ET. Electronics Recycling Site to Open in Downtown ...
- Hybrid Cars News
Faraday Future Showing Production-Intended Vehicle at Consumer Electronics Show
Hybrid Cars News
Faraday Future will be revealing its first pre-production electric car at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas this January. News of the upcoming production car reveal came by way of a brand launch event in San Francisco by financial backer ...
Chinese electronics brand LeEco enters the US for first time with dramatic eventThe Drum
LeEco, Aston Martin Hope to Build
- Worldwide semiconductor revenues are forecast to total $332 billion in 2016, a decrease of 0.9% from 2015, according to Gartner. This represents two consecutive years of revenue decline, which has happened only once in history. But the outlook for the semiconductor market is improving. “The worst appears to be over, with a stronger outlook for ...
Read full article: Semi market to shrink this year, reports Gartner
- IC Insights has raised its IC market forecast for 2016 by three percentage points from a 2% decline to a 1% increase and its 2016 IC unit volume shipment growth rate forecast from 4% to 6%. A large portion of this revision is due to a strengthening DRAM market. Although the average third quarter sequential ...
Read full article: Semi market to grow this year, reports IC Insights
- Plastics, electronics performance boosts Taiwan shares
TAIPEI--Shares in Taiwan reached a 15-month high in mid-session Thursday on the back of a strong performance by electronics and plastics shares. The weighted index on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (TAIEX) closed up 33.25 points, or 0.36 percent to finish ...
Samsung Electronics Limited Refuses To Meet Note 7 Damages In Multiple Cases
In a number of cases recently reported after Samsung Electronics (OTCMKTS: SSNLF) initiated a worldwide recall of its Galaxy Note 7, news is now surfacing that the South Korean consumer electronics company is now refusing to fully compensate the ...
Samsung Electronics mulls using Li-ion batteries of LG Chempulse
Samsung Electronics Limited (SSNLF): Note 7 Owners Are Finding it Hard to Replace Their PhonesSm
- Taking the microcontroller to an extreme, Microchip has created an 8bit MCU that is more analogue power supply than processor. Called MCP19124 and MCP19125, “this unique product family combines the performance of a high-speed analogue solution, including high-efficiency and fast transient response, with the configurability and communication interface of a digital solution”, said Microchip. And ...
Read full article: Analogue dc-dc battery charger includes MPU
- PR Newswire (press release)
Alpine Electronics Debuts New In-Cooler Entertainment System
PR Newswire (press release)
TORRANCE, Calif., Oct. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Alpine Electronics of America, Inc., manufacturer of premium in-vehicle infotainment systems, has expanded outside of the car to take the entertainment wherever the fun is with a portable sound system in ...and more »
- America II, the US component distributor, is moving into the services business. As well as its main component distribution business it will offer product design, manufacturing and failure analysis services. It is also moving into the market for PCB design and manufacture. Within the last two years America II has been growing its market presence in mainland Europe and other ...
Read full article: America II goes in to design and manufacturing services
Preco Electronics PreView Sentry Collision Mitigation System Has an Adjustable Detection Zone - Construction EquipmentConstruction Equipment
Preco Electronics PreView Sentry Collision Mitigation System Has an Adjustable Detection Zone
PreView Sentry collision mitigation system is a radar-based object detection system that has a fully adjustable detection zone, with the ability to detect objects from the face of the radar up to 98 feet. October 18, 2016. PreView Sentry collision ...
Longtime Florida Manufacturer ACR Electronics Highlights the Importance of Producing in the U.S. - PR Newswire (press release)PR Newswire (press release)
Longtime Florida Manufacturer ACR Electronics Highlights the Importance of Producing in the U.S.
PR Newswire (press release)
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., Oct. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- ACR Electronics, a Drew Marine Company, takes the opportunity to exemplify the economic impacts that manufacturing can make both locally and nationally during what has been declared as ...and more »
Arrow Electronics Joins Global Community of OpenStack Cloud Developers - Business Wire (press release)Arrow Electronics Joins Global Community of OpenStack Cloud Developers
Business Wire (press release)
CENTENNIAL, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Arrow Electronics, Inc. (NYSE: ARW) today announced its membership in the OpenStack® Foundation, a global community of more than 63,000 developers and users from 180 countries worldwide promoting the ...
Arrow Electronics Links With OpenStacktechrockies.com
Beck Mack & Oliver LLC reached $217000 position of Arrow Electronics Inc. (ARW)DailyQuintal
- Four years ago Raspberry Pi was launched as a “toy computer” to help teach children about programming, but the Raspberry Pi phenomenon was not destined to remain only in the classroom. Eben Upton, founder of the Raspberry Pi Foundation and now CEO of Raspberry Pi (Trading) gives Electronics Weekly an exclusive view on what happened ...
Read full article: Raspberry Pi founder tells of “toy” that grew and grew
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) has responded to a new report on robotics and artificial intelligence (AI) from the House of Commons Science and Technology (S&T) Committee by saying that it is important to prepare for the new jobs that AI will create, rather than dealing with the fallout of the jobs that ...
Read full article: MP calls on government to make most of AI
Universal Electronics to Announce Third Quarter 2016 Financial ...
Business Wire (press release)
Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI), (NASDAQ:UEIC) announced it will host a conference call at 4:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 03, 2016 to discuss its.
Newest Rating Sentiment: How Analysts Rated Universal ...MoneyMakingArticles
One Stock Analysts Are Watching - Universal Electronics Inc. (NASDAQ:UEIC)FTSE Newsall 4 news articles »
- Community Financial News
Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on Electronics for Imaging ...
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating and $58.00 price target on Electronics for Imaging Inc. (NASDAQ: EFII) following the company's announcement ...
EPS Estimate Of Electronics for Imaging, Inc. (NASDAQ:EFII) At $0.3Investor Newswire
Broker Roundup For Electronics For Imaging, Inc. (NASDAQ:EFII ...The De Soto Edgeall 5 news articles »
Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on Electronics for Imaging (EFII); Reschedules 3Q Release - StreetInsider.comCommunity Financial News
Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on Electronics for Imaging (EFII); Reschedules 3Q Release
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating and $58.00 price target on Electronics for Imaging Inc. (NASDAQ: EFII) following the company's announcement that its 3Q report has been rescheduled. The company announced that the event has been moved up ...
Analysts and Technical Update on Electronics For Imaging Inc (NASDAQ:EFII)Street Report
- Electronics Weekly
Electronics giant backs UK weight-powered off-grid lighting
Siemens is putting money into the work of UK charity GravityLight Foundation, which has designed a weight-powered lighting system for places with no grid connection. Recommended Articles. IMG_0423 · Semi market to grow this year, reports IC Insights.
- Siemens is putting money into the work of UK charity GravityLight Foundation, which has designed a weight-powered lighting system for places with no grid connection. In particular, Siemens Stiftung – the foundation arm of Siemens that promotes sustainable social development – will help roll out the UK-designed system to to over 15,000 people without electricity ...
Read full article: Electronics giant backs UK weight-powered off-grid lighting
- Imperial College is proposing air-to-air refuelling amongst electric drones using resonant inductive charging. In a proof-of-concept, a small drone carrying a receiving coil, with its battery removed, was hovered 10cm above a static transmit coil etched into PCB using transferred power. “There are a number of scenarios where wirelessly transferring power could improve drone technology. ...
Read full article: air-to-air drone recharging
- Lithium-ion batteries will dominate the automotive scene over the coming ten, and possibly 15, years, but some odd-ball technologies could push their way through, according to market research firm IDTechEx. “During that time we shall see peak Pb-acid battery, the biggest nail in its coffin being when electric vehicles more widely abandon them and even ...
Read full article: What next for car and EV batteries?
- Yangtze River Storage Technology (YRST) the Tsinghua Unigroup Chinese memory company, will start producing 3D NAND at the end of next year, reports Digitimes. 3D NAND industry leaders Toshiba, Samsung and Intel/ Micron are in production of 48-layer NAND. XMC, which was taken over by YRST earlier this year, developed the flash technology with Spansion ...
Read full article: China plans 3D NAND production next year
- Q3 revenues at Taiwan’s Big Three foundries were up 14.3% q-o-q and 18.5% y-o-y, reports Digitimes. The q-o-q rise comes after five sequential quarters of decline. Combined Q3 revenues of TSMC, UMC and Vanguard International Semiconductor (VIS) were $9.36 billion up from Q2’s $8.19 billion. Combined Q3 16nm revenues were $1.75 billion up 60.6% q-o-q ...
Read full article: Return to sequential growth at Taiwan foundries
- In two late-news papers at IEDM 2016 in SanFrancisco on December 3rd to 7th, both TSMC and the IBM, Globalfoundries, Samsung alliance will take the wraps off their forthcoming 7nm FinFET technology platforms. A 7nm CMOS Platform Technology for Mobility from TSMC will present the world’s first 7nm CMOS platform technology for mobile system-on-a-chip (SoC) ...
Read full article: 7nm processes at IEDM
- Electronics Notes Launched After Re-Branding:
The popular Electronics/Radio website that provides a wealth of reference material on all aspects of electronics and radio including ham radio, propagation and radio history has been rebranded. Now appearing under the name Electronics Notes it can be ...
- BRIEF-Beijing Sevenstar Electronics names Zhang Jinsong as chairman and Zh...
Oct 20 Verizon Communications Inc added far fewer wireless subscribers than expected in the third quarter amid a price war with rivals in an oversaturated phone market, and hopes to tap new revenue from its fledgling digital advertising and media business.
- St. Catharines Standard
Mall collecting unwanted electronics, glasses
St. Catharines Standard
Volunteer director Roman Horak, of Golden Horseshoe Green Tech, accepts an old computer monitor at the organization's drop-off site Saturday at Seaway Mall. Tweet. Bookmark and Share. Change text size for the story. Print. Report an error. The Pen ...and more »
- St. Catharines Standard
Mall collecting unwanted electronics, glasses | St. Catharines ...
St. Catharines Standard
Volunteer director Roman Horak, of Golden Horseshoe Green Tech, accepts an old computer monitor at the organization's drop-off site Saturday at Seaway Mall.and more »
- Mall collecting unwanted electronics, glasses
Volunteer director Roman Horak, of Golden Horseshoe Green Tech, accepts an old computer monitor at the organization's drop-off site Saturday at Seaway Mall. Bookmark and Share. Change text size for the story. Print. Report an error. The Pen Centre ...