While Onkyo’s relatively affordable SBT-A500 checks all the right boxes on paper, when it comes to creating thrilling surround sound, this Atmos soundbar leaves something to be desired.
The post Onkyo SBT-A500 Atmos review appeared first on Digital Trends.
- Few things instill a sense of wonder quite like the final frontier. These 38 photographs show the beauty of Earth, our solar system, and far corners of the universe -- just in case you need to bring out your inner Carl Sagan.
The post Get your Sagan on with these 38 awe-inspiring photos of the final frontier appeared first on Digital Trends.
- Think lenses are expensive? Watch how meticulous the process is as this inventor crafts his own Pretzeval, basically from scratch. He even cuts and shapes the glass himself and turns a big piece of metal into the barrel.
The post Watch hunks of metal and glass become a camera lens in incredible DIY video appeared first on Digital Trends.
- "Traffic is driving me nuts. Am going to build a tunnel boring machine and just start digging..." Elon Musk tweeted cryptically in December. Now, he is starting to reveal some more concrete plans.
The post Elon Musk is serious about his giant tunnel idea, and has a video to prove it appeared first on Digital Trends.
- California's Department of Motor Vehicles decided to grant Apple an autonomous vehicle testing permit, allowing the company to use California's public highways in testing self-driving technology.
The post Apple is already taking advantage of its self-driving permit with a Lexus test appeared first on Digital Trends.
- Researchers at MIT developed a new robotic system capable of 3D printing the basic structure of an entire building. It could make construction faster, cheaper, and far more adaptable.
The post MIT built a robot that can 3D print an entire building in about 14 hours appeared first on Digital Trends.
- If you need a new wireless mouse for your desktop or laptop, you have a nearly unlimited selection to choose from. Here are six sure-fire options for all kinds of applications, from desktop divas to road warriors to ergonomic experts.
The post Detangle that desk with these mighty wireless mice appeared first on Digital Trends.
- Facebook's Rights Manager tool is now automated, helping businesses prevent pirated videos by flagging duplicate content. Now, users no longer have to manually select an action when a copyrighted video is posted.
The post Businesses can now automatically block video plagiarism on Facebook appeared first on Digital Trends.
- John McAfee is at it again -- this time he's launched what he claims is a "hack-proof" phone. The phone features a physical switch to turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, battery, camera, and microphone. But is it really all that hack proof?
The post John McAfee’s ‘hack-proof’ phone secures the hardware — but what about the software? appeared first on Digital Trends.
- Android remains the most popular mobile OS worldwide. The $15 complete Android development bundle will help you master this platform, teaching you how to make and publish your own software in six comprehensive lessons.
The post Create and publish your own apps with the $15 Android development bundle appeared first on Digital Trends.
- To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Beatles’ iconic Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, Pro-Ject audio systems has released two new turntables modeled after the classic album.
The post Pro-Ject spins out Beatles-themed turntables for Sgt. Pepper’s 50th appeared first on Digital Trends.
- This week, we'll talk about the ups and downs of CBS' troubled new Star Trek series, Star Trek: Discovery, a Great Outdoors reboot with Kevin Hart, Disney's latest film slate, Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles TV show, and more.
The post Between the Streams: ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ debacle, Anne Rice’s vampire TV, new Indy appeared first on Digital Trends.
- Acer’s Predator Triton 700 is a thin and light gaming laptop. That alone would be enough to attract attention, but Acer has gone a step further, loading the laptop up with special features.
The post Acer Predator Triton 700: Our First Take appeared first on Digital Trends.
- The New Nintendo 2DS XL, a new revision of the budget 3DS hardware, will feature hardware upgrades to match the New Nintendo 3DS XL. Here is everything we know about it so far, including its pricing and release date.
The post Everything we know about the New Nintendo 2DS XL appeared first on Digital Trends.
- For space exploration, robots deliver a lot of bang for your buck.
- Microsoft released Windows Insider preview build 16184 today, continuing its trek toward the next major Windows 10 update code-named Redstone 3. Today's release adds in the My People feature that was left out of Creators Update.
The post Microsoft finally adds My People feature in latest Windows Insider build appeared first on Digital Trends.
- Anne Rice's best-selling book series The Vampire Chronicles will be adapted for TV, with Paramount and Anonymous Content optioning the rights, and Rice's son Christopher set to write the series.
The post Anne Rice sinks her teeth into a Vampire Chronicles TV adaptation appeared first on Digital Trends.
- via : TechThe British inventor claims the suit can reach speeds of up to 320 km/h.
- Persona fusion in Persona 5 doesn't have to be a daunting process. Follow this guide to learn how to make the most of it, whether you're trying to please the twin wardens or just fuse the best personas.
The post ‘Persona 5’ fusion guide: How to fuse the best personas (and why you should bother) appeared first on Digital Trends.
- Omni-Wearables' FaceShot active sunglasses include a built-in video camera that docks into one of the arms. The camera can be activated simply be flipping it outward to begin filming the action around you.
The post Omni-Wearables’ FaceShot sunglasses feature a built-in video camera appeared first on Digital Trends.
- At the Trump administration's request, a federal appeals court agreed Friday to postpone a ruling on lawsuits challenging Obama-era restrictions on carbon emissions.
- Scientists at the National Institute of Standards and Technology have developed imaging technology that lets them detect corrosion in steel structures, even when it’s encased in thick concrete.
The post Scientists develop an imaging technique for looking through concrete appeared first on Digital Trends.
- Call of Duty: WWII undermines its severe take on the horrors of war by bringing back “Zombies” mode.
The post I can’t take ‘Call of Duty: WWII’ seriously as long as it has zombies in it appeared first on Digital Trends.
- “Wilson’s Heart’ is a 1940s black-and-white movie of a video game that makes great use of Oculus Rift and Touch controls to immerse you in campy dread
The post Wilson’s Heart (Oculus Rift): Our First Take appeared first on Digital Trends.
- Simply tired of the same old homepage, or looking to change it to the world's most popular search engine? If you would rather set Google's flagship service as your default, here's how to do so in the browser of your choice.
The post How to set Google as your homepage in the most popular browsers appeared first on Digital Trends.
- In Windows 10, Microsoft has combined the best of older versions of the Start Menu and Screen into a new and surprisingly flexible way to manage your computer. This guide has everything you need to master it.
The post How to master the start menu in Windows 10 appeared first on Digital Trends.
- Do you need to secure a PDF from prying eyes? This guide provides you with step-by-step instructions on how to password protect it so that no one can mess with your precious docs.
The post Protecting your PDFs with a password is easier than you think, and you don’t even have to pay appeared first on Digital Trends.
- Parker Planners is known for its paper planners, but the company just launched version 2.0 of its app -- bringing the app to the iPad. Perhaps the best new feature is integration with notes and to-dos on iOS.
The post Parker Planners launches new app that brings iPad compatibility and more appeared first on Digital Trends.
- Roots-rockers Hollis Brown have mastered the art of modern-day music marketing — and their authentic tune stylings have just the right amount of musical moxie to back up their ambitions.
The post How Hollis Brown ditched albums and found online success one single at a time appeared first on Digital Trends.
- OnePlus doesn't work like Samsung, LG, or Apple; and although it launched the OnePlus 3T soon after the OnePlus 3, that doesn't mean it'll follow a similar release pattern in the future.
The post Don’t expect OnePlus to act like all the other phone companies, because it won’t appeared first on Digital Trends.
- The market for 2-in-1 laptops is competitive, as HP and Dell have released powerful offerings. Between the HP Spectre x360 13 and the Dell XPS 13 2-in-1, which computer is the best value?
The post A tale of two similar machines: HP’s Spectre x360 13-inch vs. Dell’s XPS 13 2-in-1 appeared first on Digital Trends.
- Cookies are useful when it comes to saving your login credentials and other data, but they can also track your browsing habits without your knowledge. Here's how to delete them in five major browsers.
The post How to delete cookies in Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge appeared first on Digital Trends.
- Apple and HP both recently redesigned their most popular machines, but how do they compare in terms of power and functionality? Here, we breakdown the biggest differences between the two devices, from their configurations to their price points.
The post Thicker or thinner: HP Spectre x360 15 vs. 15-inch MacBook Pro appeared first on Digital Trends.
- Do you remember the cool Mission Impossible tech that lets Tom Cruise’s character mimic the voice of any other character? Well, a Montreal-based startup called Lyrebird just invented it for real.
The post Deep-learning algorithm can mimic any voice based on just 60 seconds of speech appeared first on Digital Trends.
- It appears that even the most technologically advanced among us can't protect themselves from malicious intentions. Google and Facebook have apparently fallen prey to an elaborate scam involving email phishing and fake suppliers.
The post Tech titans Facebook, Google identified as victims of $100M phishing scam appeared first on Digital Trends.
- The nerdy art company Iam8bit is doing two separate versions of the Persona 5 soundtrack on vinyl, one with four LPs and one with six. The deluxe edition, as it's called, will be particularly all-encompassing.
The post Iam8bit is putting together an epic ‘Persona 5’ soundtrack vinyl box set appeared first on Digital Trends.
- Designing a website can be time consuming and expensive. This guide lists the best free programs you can use to help you create a professional and clean website in no time.
The post Create a beautiful website the easy way with these free tools appeared first on Digital Trends.
- NASA collaborated with researchers from the University of Arizona to design an inflatable greenhouse that can be deployed in outer space and offer astronauts a sustainable bounty of fresh vegetables
The post NASA inflatable greenhouse could help feed astronauts on other planets appeared first on Digital Trends.
- A thread on Samsung's community help forum revealed pages of replies from owners of Samsung's latest flagship reporting restarts that seemingly occur frequently and out of nowhere.
The post The Samsung Galaxy S8 has a random reboot problem and nobody knows why appeared first on Digital Trends.
- Violent acts being filmed and posted to social media have many asking whether it's possible to reverse the trend of violent video sharing.
- Check out this guide to learn how to remove the background from an image - regardless of whether or not you have a copy of Photoshop or not.
The post Foolproof ways to remove the background from a photo appeared first on Digital Trends.
- New research suggests newborn humpback whales "whisper" to their mothers, which could be to avoid detection by predators such as killer whales.
- The new recommended and minimum specifications for Arkane Studios' Prey have been released, giving us our first idea of what sort of PC you'll need to run the promising new take on the franchise.
The post Minimum PC specs for ‘Prey’ reboot revealed — and they ain’t too bad appeared first on Digital Trends.
- The Fate of the Furious looks to be $1 billion, and hoping to capitalize upon that success is Anki, the robotics and artificial intelligence company releasing a new line of smart toy cars.
The post Bring The Fast & The Furious to life in the backyard with Anki Overdrive appeared first on Digital Trends.
- Are errors and bugs getting in the way of your VR experience with the HTC Vive? To help you troubleshoot and solve common HTC Vive problems, we've created an easy guide covering potential audio issues, syncing, and the like.
The post 23 common HTC Vive problems and fixes appeared first on Digital Trends.
- TPCast has lifted the lid on the Business Edition of its wireless adapter for the HTC Vive, which allows up to six headsets to operate in the same vicinity without interfering with one another.
The post TPCast Business Edition lets up to 6 people use wireless VR in one room appeared first on Digital Trends.
- T-Mobile's next uncarrier move may have something to do with the price of high-end smartphones -- and making them cheaper. It follows on the heels of the carrier's new unlimited One plan.
The post T-Mobile may address high phone prices with its next Un-carrier move appeared first on Digital Trends.
- In the fight against alien animals that invade and overrun native species, the weird and wired wins.
- The most recent rumors surrounding Microsoft's Surface Pro 5 indicate it won't adopt USB Type-C for charging, and will feature a leap to 7th-generation Intel Core hardware.
The post Microsoft Surface sales slip – will we see a new model on May 2? appeared first on Digital Trends.
- Not sure how to create or unzip a .ZIP file on your Chromebook? Here's how, along with some advice on how to open .ZIP files, .RAR files, and those belonging to a handful of other popular file formats.
The post Chromebooks can zip files, too, and here’s how to do it appeared first on Digital Trends.