Today's Headlines Urgent situation for impoverished children in India
Sudan: hope shines brightly
Proclaiming spiritual peace in the DRC
- Secret Service Lodging Cost Over $1 Million Alone
Contact: Jill Farrell, Judicial Watch, 202-646-5188
WASHINGTON, Dec. 5, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- Judicial Watch announced today that it obtained records from the U.S. Secret Service revealing that its travel expenses for the First Family's 2015 Hawaiian vacation cost taxpayers $1.2 million, which bring the total cost of the vacation trip to at least $4.8 million. This was the Obamas' eighth Hawaiian family vacation. The trip has b Sour
Judicial Watch Files Lawsuit against Department of Justice Seeking FBI Interviews with Obama, Jarret, and Emanuel Relating to Criminal Investigation of Former Illinois Governor Rod BlagojevichContact: Jill Farrell, Judicial Watch, 202-646-5188
WASHINGTON, Dec. 5, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- Judicial Watch announced today that it filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit against the U.S. Department of Justice seeking access to FBI reports of interviews"302s"of President Obama, Valerie Jarrett, and Rahm Emanuel. The interviews were taken as part of the FBI's criminal investigation of former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich. The lawsuit wa Source: Judicial Watch
- News Media Organizations Also on Record Supporting Public ReleaseContact: Jill Farrell, Judicial Watch, 202-646-5188
WASHINGTON, Dec. 5, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- Judicial Watch today announced it filed a motion that seeks to unseal the audiovisual recordings of the depositions of top Clinton aides and State Department officials. The depositions come in connection with a Judicial Watch Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit that seeks records about the controversial employment status o Sou
- Contact: Rachel Leonard, 405-216-7072, email@example.comOKLAHOMA CITY, Dec. 5, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- With users in every country of the world, the YouVersion Bible App has reached a quarter of a billion downloads. The Bible App was one of the first 200 apps in Apple's App Store debut eight years ago, and this year has been the biggest year yet for Bible engagement through the app.
"We are humbled by how many people use the Bible App on a regular basis," said Bobby Gr Source: Life
- Contact: Michael Farris, Jr., Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA), 540-338-5600, firstname.lastname@example.org
PURCELLVILLE, Va., Dec. 5, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- The Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) has filed a lawsuit against the City of New York for what they call "systematic mistreatment" of homeschooling families in New York City. HSLDA says that New York City's homeschool infrastructure is archaic and creates unnecessary burdens for homeschooling famil Source: Home S
- Contact: Leslie Palma, 347-286-7277ATLANTA, Dec. 5, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- Dr. Ben Carson has accepted what turns out to be another unconventional cabinet position offer from President-elect Donald Trump; that of HUD Secretary.
Dr. Carson wants to "make a significant contribution particularly by strengthening communities that are in need." He has said: "We have much work to do in enhancing every aspect of our nation and ensuring that our nation's housing needs are met." Source: Alveda King
- Contact: Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, 212-371-3191, email@example.com
NEW YORK, Dec. 5, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- Bill Donohue (photo) comments on why nativity scenes should be displayed in New York City public schools:
New York City permits the display of Jewish religious symbols, e.g., the menorah, on public property and in public schools. It permits the display of Christian religious symbols, e.g., nativity scenes, on public property but not in pub Sourc
- Epic Comic Version of World's Best-Selling, Most Translated Book Connects with America's Least Bible-Literate GenerationFree Graphics-Rich Download of the Christmas Story Available Throughout DecemberContact: Christy Lynn Wilson, 770-401-9842; Sabie Crowder, 423-503-3854; Kingstone.co; Kingstone Newsroom
ORLANDO, Fla., Dec. 5, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- As parents struggle to find new ways to bring faith and meaning back to Christmas, the world's most comprehensive graphic nove Source: Braggin
'And the Angel Cried' Tells Miraculous Story of a Teenage Boy, Abandoned Infant and God's 'Perfect Timing' to Reunite Them Decades LaterGale Frances pens her husband's true life story of God's Divine Interventiona story that has gained worldwide attention and impacted millions of Internet viewersContact: Gale Frances, Author, 423-836-1669, 865-922-2454, firstname.lastname@example.org; www.andtheangelcried.com
KNOXVILLE, Tenn., Dec. 5, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- After a day of squirrel hunting with his beloved grandfather,14-year-old Dave Hickman was sitting alongside a desolate Wayne County, Indiana road skinning his Source: Autho
- How the New Testament offers a better, higher calling than the Declaration of Independence.
An Anglican man rang me out of the blue the other day to ask if the New Testament teaches “equality.” “Not really,” I replied. “The New Testament mentions equality once or twice, but when it comes to social relationships, it is far more interested in concepts like oneness, commonness, partnership, union, and joint-inheritance. If you make all those passages about equality, yo
- New report details when workers' faith expression is protected and when it can get them fired.British officials are encouraging the country to put Christ back in Christmas—even in their workplaces.
“There are a lot of myths out there when it comes to dealing with religion at work. I want to put the record straight: It is OK to hold a party and send Christmas cards,” said David Isaac, chairman of the national Equality and Human Rights Commission.
This week, Christians and politi
- Today's Headlines Foster families targeted by Turkish government
FMI changes its ministry name
Christmas bicycles make eternal impact
Billy Graham Rapid Response Team Deploys Crisis-trained Chaplains to Gatlinburg, Tenn., to Assist with Wildfire RecoveryAdditional ministry efforts continue as chaplains offer hope and comfort following Hurricane Matthew, Charlotte protests Contact: Erik Ogren, 704-401-2117, email@example.com CHARLOTTE, N.C., Dec. 2, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- The Billy Graham Rapid Response Team is sending chaplains into the area of Gatlinburg, Tenn., in an effort to help the community recover from the deadly and devastating wildfire that has consumed hundreds of buildings and claimed several
- Contact: J.P. Duffy or Alice Chao, Family Research Council, 866-372-6397 WASHINGTON, Dec. 2, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- Lt. Gen. (Ret.) Jerry Boykin, former U.S. Army Delta Force commander and current Family Research Council executive vice president, made the following comments in praising President-elect Trump's choice of retired Marine Gen. James N. Mattis as the next Secretary of Defense: "General Mattis is first and foremost a warrior. He understands what is nee Source: Fami
- The Netflix series focuses on the pressure around the monarch’s marriage.
I recall sitting with my mother in my childhood living room and watching Diana Spencer—about to be Princess Diana—walk slowly down the aisle toward the altar and her prince. The year was 1981, and despite my tender age, the princess fantasy did not take hold. Nor did I become a “royals watcher”… at least not until Netflix released its Queen Elizabeth II bio series, The Crown, earlier th
- Will they—or will we—ever stop fighting?
“Stop it! Don’t touch me!”
“She started it.”
“No, I didn—”
“Yes! You! Did!”
In our Christian subculture, the words “brother” and “sister” tend to conjure up feelings of kinship, intimacy, and loyalty. This made sense to me once. But then I became a parent.
My children—aged 12, 10, and 7—are not unlike most siblings. They have their “We Are the
- Louisville-based ministry shares the love of Jesus with women in the adult entertainment industry
I had been loving and serving dancers in strip clubs for several years when my teammates and I decided to do something special. While we usually just did hair and makeup, on this particular night we decided we would give the dancers pedicures.
We were given our usual greeting as we walked into the club and began setting up in our usual spot near the back of the stage. “The Church Ladies are he
- Every preacher at some point has experienced the painful vulnerability of baring their soul.
For my wife and I, it’s a joy being Lucero’s pastor.
A young, intelligent, and enjoyable mother of an exuberant boy, Lucero has recently abandoned herself fully into the arms of Jesus, a true testament of the gospel’s power to transform hearts from darkness to light.
A few weeks ago she was telling me about her life before Jesus. “Tell me,” I asked, “what happened that
- Historic renovations at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre won't change some Protestants' preference for the Garden Tomb.
Beneath layers of ancient marble, renovators at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem say they have found what may be the limestone bench where the body of Jesus was laid after his crucifixion.
For the first time in half a millennium, church officials have allowed access to a tomb even more famous than that of “King Tut,” the Egyptian pharaoh Tutankhamun.
- Three seminary leaders explain how believers balanced justice vs. grace.
The longest-running conflict in the Western Hemisphere finally came to an end yesterday, after Colombia’s congress approved a peace deal with its largest guerrilla group.
However, in order to do so, lawmakers skipped over Colombian voters, who last month narrowly rejected a similar peace deal with the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC).
The government has been battling the FARC since 1964, when a group of p
- It won't. And that's (mostly) a good thing.
The remains of Fidel Castro are being displayed in Havana as part of Cuba’s nine days of official mourning for the deceased dictator. Many world leaders will not attend the funeral next week for the man who raised literacy rates but kept a rigid grasp on civil rights.
For Cuban Christians, his death isn’t likely to be a sea change in how the island nation’s Communist government approaches religion.
Like most Cubans, Castro himself was
Family Research Council Statement on House Select Panel Referring Planned Parenthood for Criminal ProsecutionContact: J.P. Duffy or Alice Chao, Family Research Council, 866-372-6397 WASHINGTON, Dec. 2, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- The House Energy & Commerce Committee's Select Investigative Panel recently announced they have referred Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast for criminal prosecution by the Texas Attorney General. The announcement followed an investigation into whether abortion centers profited from the sale of baby body parts.
Family Research Council President Tony Perkins made the S
- Contact: Liberty Counsel, 800-671-1776, Media@LC.org, Press Kit ORLANDO, Fla., Dec. 2, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- Between his campaign against President Gerald Ford in 1975-76 and his race against Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan delivered more than 1,000 radio broadcasts. In fact, Mr. Reagan wrote most of those three-minute broadcasts himself. In one broadcast during the Christmas season, Reagan shared a story about Christmas in the Ukraine before and after communism.
In an effort
- Contact: Reggie Littlejohn, Women's Rights Without Frontiers, 310-592-5722SAN JOSE, Calif., Dec. 2, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- The following is submitted by Reggie Littlejohn, Founder and President, Women's Rights Without Frontiers:Some girls may be hidden, but sex-selective abortion and abandonment are still very serious problems in China.An article came out in the Washington Post Wednesday entitled, "Researchers may have 'found' many of China's 30 million missing girls." T Source: Women's Ri
- Today's Headlines Purge continues five months after failed coup
China: ministries to serve together
“It’s God’s heart to rescue these girls.”
- Contact: Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, 212-371-3191, firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW YORK, Dec. 1, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- Bill Donohue comments on the anti-Christmas efforts of the Freedom from Religion Foundation (FFRF):
Secularists are not necessarily anti-Christmas, but the radicals in their ranks are. At the top of the list is FFRF. Its tactics are twofold: If religious Christmas symbols and events cannot be banned, secular symbols and events must comp Sour
- Paula d'Arcy's new book "Stars at Night" is inspiration to overcome life's tragediesContact: Sherry Brownrigg, 402-250-5451, email@example.com
NEW YORK, Dec. 1, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- "Christmas blues" affect many around the holidays, exposing the pain from previous tragedies or simply feelings of loneliness or desolation that seem to take over life's experience. In her new book Stars at Night, psychotherapist Paula D'Arcy says those feelings won't have the last Source: Kennedy B
- Contact: Lori Heiselman, 714-553-5181, Lori@BiscuitMediaGroup.comAUCKLAND, New Zealand, Dec. 1, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- Fan-favorite The Aetherlight has launched Episode 3: The Resistance Melts Down today, December 1, 2016. Created by the New Zealand-based Scarlet City Studios, The Aetherlight is an online point-and-click adventure game series that has quickly established a loyal following with both tween players and their parents alike.Building on the stories and characters from Ep Source:
- Contact: Liberty Counsel, 800-671-1776, Media@LC.org, Press Kit HARRISBURG, Penn., Dec. 1, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- Liberty Counsel filed the opening brief in the lawsuit against the city of Harrisburg because its ordinance created unconstitutional buffer zones on public sidewalks and public property 20 feet away from abortion clinic entrances, exits, and driveways. In practice, this ordinance pushes sidewalk counselors sometimes 50 to more than 70 feet away and completely pr
- Nation's leading residential treatment center offers a Christian program for women and girls struggling with eating disorders, addiction, trauma, mood and co-occurring disordersContact: Mary Anne Morrow, Director of Communications, Timberline Knolls, 602-359-6989, firstname.lastname@example.orgCHICAGO, Dec. 1, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- Timberline Knolls, a leading residential treatment center in the Chicago area, today announced Sara Newhard LCPC, LMFT as its new spirituality an
- Today's Headlines Questions raised in wake of Castroâ€™s death
New law tightens China’s cybersecurity
Nursing school to improve healthcare in Honduras
- Available for Interview: Randall Terry, producer of new Serial Documentary, "What Would Muhammad Do? Islamic Terrorism Explained" is available for interview. Contact: 904-687-9806MEDIA ADVISORY, Nov. 30, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- Mr. Terry holds a Masters Degree in Diplomacy, with a concentration in International Terrorism from Norwich University. He has spent over 10 years studying primary Islamic sources to understand Islamic thought, and Islamic terrorism. After two years of writ Source: S
- Contact: Barbara Allen, 818-368-0749WASHINGTON, Nov. 30, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- On Monday, December 5th, Christian artists, Steve Amerson and Babbie Mason and the Nation Christian Choir will present "A Capitol Christmas Concert" in the Cannon Caucus Room in the Cannon House Office Building. The concert will begin at 7:30 pm and is open to the public.
Babbie Mason and Steve Amerson are signature voices in the Inspirational music world. The National Christian Choir under the direct Source: A
- Contact: Kim Kent, 815-259-0137, email@example.com THOMSON, Ill., Nov. 30, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- A star-filled Christian audio adventure that is putting God back into history beat both NPR and Garrison Keillor at the recent 2016 Voice Arts Awards, which are the audio industry's equivalent to the Academy Awards and honor the best productions and talent in the audio industry.Heirloom Audio Productions' The Dragon And The Raven won three Voice Arts Awards Nov. 13 in Burbank, So
- Contact: Susan Puzio, 352-683-3273, firstname.lastname@example.org
SPRING HILL, Fla., Nov. 30, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- "Seed Faith: Can a Man Bribe God? How false teachers manipulate and hypnotize you for offerings" by Susan Puzio addresses the false gospel of greed permeating Christian television. The name of Jesus Christ is used as a ruse to get to into the pocketbooks and bank accounts of viewers who drink the Kool-Aid of false promises of attaining wealth and riches, while the only ones Source
- Nationwide survey shows many churches saw declining or flat giving in 2015, while at the same time seeing the need for modern digital giving solutions.Contact: Dean Sweetman, CEO, Tithe.ly, 424-228-8837, email@example.com; Brian Kluth, Founder & Publisher, State of the Plate, firstname.lastname@example.org
DENVER, Nov. 30, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- The State of the Plate surveyed nearly 1,600 pastors, leaders, and laypeople to assess the current state of giving to churches in America. This year's constitu Sour
- Contact: Seth Sean Michael Solomon, 330-217-0220MASSILLON, Ohio, Nov. 30, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- The following is submitted by Seth Sean Michael Solomon:I am a devout Christian spending two hours per day reading Holy Scripture. With Hebrew and Native American ancestry including family origins beginning in the American Revolution, information regarding the origins of Socialist promotion in the United States has been revealed to me.This is a brief outline of the data assembled to Source: Not
- Is the local church meeting the needs of half the congregation?
There was a time, in our not too distant past, when women’s ministry was a punchline. For years, women’s ministry was viewed as a second rate ministry, more akin to a social club than a serious effort at discipleship. The label conjured images of women sipping tea and doing crafts, occasionally discussing Jesus, but mostly recipes and self-esteem.
Because of this stereotype, many women have tended to avoid women’s
- E. Stanley Jones calls us to radical conservatism and a conservative radicalism.
The edges of the world capture our attention. Think of frontiers such as the frozen mountains of Antarctica, the Australian outback, or the Amazon jungle. They are places of great opportunity and, at the same time, filled with unknown threats.
As Americans, we have long been cast in the mold of the pioneer, thriving at the edges. Think of Benjamin Franklin creating the first public library, the Wright brothers takin
- Can our people articulate a simple gospel message and call men and women to faith in Jesus Christ?
There’s no question that church planting has become the hot new thing. And I’m glad.
When I started my first church in 1988, it was an oddity. Now, it is mainstream.
This morning, I am in a hotel in Boston, about to talk to evangelism leaders, and two young men came up and said, “Are you Ed Stetzer?” Turns out I am, and they are church planters / pastors meeting in a high ri
- As the daughter of a Cuban refugee, I feel torn between hate and grace.
Last Friday, Fidel Castro passed away. World leaders have responded with a variety of statements. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau issued a statement about Castro’s death that praised Castro’s love for the Cuban people. President Obama’s statement was somewhat neutral and, instead of condemning Castro’s actions, focused on restoring the relationship between Cuba and the United States. President-
- Ruling on 2014 incident is rare moment of justice for Pakistani Christians facing blasphemy allegations.
Last week, Pakistan sentenced five men to death for the murder of a Christian couple who were burned alive in November 2014 for setting fire to some pages from a Qur’an.
A mob of about 600 people beat to near-death Shahzad Masih, 26, and his five-months-pregnant wife Shama Bibi, 24, for their unintentionally “blasphemous” act two years ago. The couple was then thrown into th
- Longtime missionary's books trained generations of pastors.
Only a few Christian leaders in South America have won as much unanimity in life as Russell Phillip Shedd.
The esteemed pastor, theologian, missionary, teacher, writer, and lecturer died last weekend in São Paulo, Brazil, where he lived and served for more than 50 years. Shedd died of complications from cancer. He was 87.
Missionary work ran deep in his veins his entire life. Shedd was born in Bolivia to American crosscultural mi
- Contact: Moises Esteves, VP of Communications and Marketing, Child Evangelism Fellowship®, 636-456-4321 ext 1311WARRENTON, Mo., Nov. 30, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- Two ministries with the same passion and goal have joined forces to help children hear the sweetest story ever told.Child Evangelism Fellowship® and Jesus Film Project® are working together to bring the story of Christ to 100,000 children through the CEF Christmas Across America® (CAA) ministry. CAA equips individual
- Topic: "We Can Fulfill The Great Commission in this Generation" -- "Mobilizing Millennials Key Strategy"Contact: Darin Campbell, InChrist Communications, 512-785-8350, email@example.com MEDIA ADVISORY, Nov. 30, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- More than two billion people worldwide have never had the chance to hear about Jesus. How can Christians in North America respond to this urgent need? The new president of Reach Beyond, Steve Harling, has vowed to fo Source: InChrist Co
- Contact: Father Mario Marziale, 202-792-9397ROME, Nov. 30, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- Pope Francis praised filmmaker Richard Rossi for taking a stand against fraudulent evangelists in his new film "Canaan Land" which is shooting in Hollywood and slated for a Christmas 2017 release."Richard Rossi is standing for good and against evil," Pope Francis said. "He is a voice for the poor who have been taken advantage of by those misrepresenting Christ in a culture of greed. He contrastsSource: Cathol
- Today's Headlines Cuba: what’s next?
Banned rupees wipe out life savings
Gifts cards for clean water
- Contact: Amiya Alexander, 323-452-2042MEDIA ADVISORY, Nov. 29, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- Marcus Gill, 30, author of the Single God Life, motivational speaker, and social media influencer announced his engagement to Dominique Cannon on Thanksgiving night to his 1.4 million Facebook fans. The news of his engagement sparked a global celebration from friends and partners of Marcus Gill International, including a special statement from Dr. Juanita Bynum.
Over the past four years since hisSource: T
- Contact: Contact: Allison Aranda, Life Legal Defense Foundation, 707-227-6675
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif., Nov. 29, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- Last month, Father James Linton was arrested outside the San Bernardino Planned Parenthood for offering to pray with women entering the abortion facility. Police held him for six hours and cited him for interfering with and obstructing access to a business. On November 2, the San Bernardino County District Attorney's Office formally charged Linton, accu Sour