January 23, 2017 we will begin our efforts to ask our New President to Establish an office ofCHAPLAIN OF THE WHITE HOUSEWe have an office for Chaplain of The U.S. Senate, and for the House of Representatives
We now need an Office of Chaplain for The White HouseWe are asking Mr. Trump to set this office up to help us Seek Jesus in all that we do.We are in a new Day and we need God\'s help to guide us as we Pray America Back to One Nation Under God
Join Chairman Dr. Wiley S. Source: Congressional
- Contact: Troy Newman, President, 316-683-6790 ext. 111; Cheryl Sullenger, Senior Vice President, 316-516-3034; both with Operation Rescue, firstname.lastname@example.org WASHINGTON, Jan. 22, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- On the 44th Memorial of the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision that decriminalized abortion in America, we stop today to mourn the loss of an estimated 60 million innocent lives. However, amid that unspeakable tragedy, there is now reason to hope, according to
Public Pro-Life Witness and Prayer at the Supreme Court on the 44 Memorial of the Roe v Wade DecisionContact: Rev. Patrick Mahoney, 540-538-4741WASHINGTON, Jan. 22, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Pro-life community to lay hundreds of flowers at the court to remember the 59,000,000 innocent lives that have been lost through the violence of abortion and the women who have been betrayed by the abortion industry.Group will also pray for the Trump Administration regarding replacing the open seat on the court left by the passing of Justice Scalia.After the Presidential election
- Today's Headlines College students impact more than 40,000 children’s lives in a single day
- What pro-life feminists actually have in common with their pro-choice counterparts.
Ahead of the Women’s March on Washington scheduled the day after Donald Trump’s inauguration, Emma Green at The Atlantic asked, “Is there room in the movement for people who morally object to abortion?” Her article portrayed some of the hundreds of pro-life women planning to attend either in solidarity with fellow feminists or in protest.
Meanwhile, the event organizers came up with their
- Rural churches, same-sex marriage, ICYMI, and church signs
How Can Members of Rural Churches Engage Culture? – Jay Sanders
What’s Really Going On with Evangelicals and Same-Sex Marriage – Trevin Wax
The Winnowing of Christianity – Rod Dreher
The Grace of Church Discipline – Mark Galli
Previously on The Exchange
Retraining Our Minds on the Things of Christ: Thoughts as We Draw Closer to Inauguration Day
Four Questions to Ask Ourselves as We Adjust to a New Political
- Southern Baptists, Graham granddaughter to pray at Saturday’s National Cathedral event.
Donald Trump has tapped a record number of evangelical leaders to participate in the interfaith prayer service held at the Washington National Cathedral the day after his inauguration.
The National Prayer Service, hosted at the Episcopal cathedral Saturday morning, will feature two former presidents of the Southern Baptist Convention, the granddaughter of Billy Graham, and Greg Laurie, the evangelist be
- Why it's good for Protestants to hear from the Apocrypha.
When Cardinal Timothy Dolan moved to the podium to pray at President-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration, his prayer may have struck you as oddly familiar.
The passage he prayed from is very similar to Solomon’s prayer for wisdom in 1 Kings 3. But, it’s not the version Protestant Christians know, because it’s not in the Bible that we read.
It comes, instead, from the Wisdom of Solomon, a book included in the Catholic
- What Paula White’s Washington moment implies for the prosperity gospel’s future.
Donald Trump discovered Paula White the same way legions of fans and followers did: on television.
Fifteen years of prayer, visits, and friendship later, the Florida preacher now serves as the top spiritual adviser for America’s president-elect and, essentially, his guide to the country’s religious conservatives.
Her behind-the-scenes counsel became news as Trump prepared for the presidency.
- Donna and I attended the premiere last night in Chicagoland.
Last night, my wife, Donna, and I, attended the premiere of The Resurrection of Gavin Stone, a new movie that brought together the strange bedfellows of Vertical Church Films and World Wrestling Entertainment, the well-known wrestling company. The movie is the latest in a line of Christian films marketed towards a faith-based audience.
Of course, such films draw the scorn of many. However, I'm not actually in that camp. I consistently
- Four Questions to Ask Ourselves as We Adjust to a New Political Reality
I have recently posted a number of articles on politics, in particular about where Evangelicals find themselves as the new President of the United States is inaugurated and how our witness has been damaged as a result of this election (Rebuilding Our Witness: Part 1, Part 2).
Regardless of how you voted, it’s just obvious that this has had a negative impact on the reputation of Evangelicals.
Of course, this topic is fr
- Now is the time for the church to embrace the radical, ordinary influence of faith.
Today, on the steps of the United States Capitol, Donald John Trump will place his left hand on a Bible and swear to “faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States for the next four years.” Most incoming presidents in US history have done the same, although each has chosen his own passage to swear by. 1 Corinthians 13 was the choice of Franklin D. Roosevelt at all four of his inaugur
- Less than 1 million pregnancies terminated for first time since 1975.
The abortion rate in the United States declined to an all-time low, while the number of lethal procedures dropped below a million for the first time since 1975, according to a new report.
The Guttmacher Institute reported Tuesday (Jan. 17) the rate fell to 14.6 abortions per 1,000 women 15 to 44 years old in 2014, which is a decline of 14 percent since its most recent survey in 2011.
In its census of all known abortion provide
- Actually, they’re worth pursuing no matter who occupies the White House.
With a new president, Donald Trump, entering the White House, there has rightfully been a lot of discussion about our outgoing president’s legacy—not least when it comes to matters of faith. To be sure, Barack Obama’s legacy in this area is both complex and important to understand for the future of our nation’s politics.
However, as a Christian, I believe we must not only think of how politicia
- Contact: Brett Bixler, 888-673-4069COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo., Jan. 20, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Mission Coffee Roasters, Inc. and ChurchCoffee.com, roasters of delicious gourmet fresh roasted coffee for churches, non-profits, schools (www.charterschoolcoffee.com), grocery stores, museum gift shops (www.artistblend.com), and offices announce that they are developing an online subscription fundraising platform allowing groups like Shield616.org along with church youth groups, schools, minist Sou
- Contact: Moises Esteves, VP of Communications and Marketing, Child Evangelism Fellowship®, 636-456-4321 ext 1311LEAVENWORTH, Wash., Jan. 20, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- In a victory for Child Evangelism Fellowship®, its after-school Good News Club® can now continue to distribute promotional flyers to K-5 students in the Cascade School District.A parent had complained that sending home the Good News Club flyers with students was "using the public school system to promote religion," d
- "Your covenant with death will be annulled, and your agreement with Sheol will not stand" (Isaiah 28:18).Contact: Rev. Rusty Lee Thomas, Operation Save America, 254-715-3134DALLAS, Jan. 20, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- As America approaches another year acknowledging the infamous Roe vs. Wade decision, headlines like these declare, "The U.S. abortion rate has hit its lowest point since the procedure became legal nationwide in 1973, according to a new study." Jenna Jerman, a public he Source: Ope
- Contact: Gen Wilson, Georgia Right to Life, 770-339-6880NORCROSS, Ga., Jan. 20, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Thousands of pro-life supporters are expected to take part Monday in the annual March for Life in downtown Atlanta.The event, sponsored by Georgia Right to Life (GRTL), will begin at 11 a.m. at Liberty Plaza, located on Capitol Avenue across the street from the State Capitol.Mike Griffin, Public Affairs Director for the Georgia Baptist Convention and senior pastor of Liberty B Source: Geo
- Contact: Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, 212-371-3191, email@example.com
NEW YORK, Jan. 20, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Bill Donohue comments on the Women's March on Washington: The Women's March on Washington is a misnomer: it will include many others who claim to be neither a man nor a woman, yet were born either male or female. It is also a misnomer to say, as the organizers claim, that the march is about uniting "our vibrant and diverse Source: Catholic L
- Today's Headlines Three keys to fostering cooperation in a new administration
Human trafficking: healing after rescue
Literacy Class student hospitalized, prayers needed
- Contact: Troy Newman, President, 316-683-6790 ext. 111; Cheryl Sullenger, Senior Vice President, 316-516-3034; both with Operation Rescue, firstname.lastname@example.org WASHINGTON, Jan. 19, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Just days before the nation marks the 44th memorial of the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision, the Guttmacher Institute released a survey of 2014 abortion numbers that show abortions have dropped to their lowest level since the 1973 ruling that decriminalized
- Contact: Moises Esteves, VP of Communications and Marketing, Child Evangelism Fellowship®, 636-456-4321 ext 1311CLEVELAND, Jan. 19, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Good News Club® will reopen in the Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD) elementary schools on February 2 now that the school district has changed its policy to ensure that religious groups, such as Child Evangelism Fellowship® (CEF®), receive the same access and benefits to public facilities as non-religious grou
- New Book: Praying for President Trump Whether You Voted for Him or NotContact: Celeste Payne, 225-283-1209, email@example.com; www.empowermentsessions.com
BATON ROUGE, La., Jan. 19, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- On January 20, 2017 our nation will host the Presidential Inauguration. Amidst the anger, disappointment and unsure feelings about the future of America, Baton Rouge author Celeste Payne has written a book entitled "Praying for President Trump Whether You Voted for Him or N Source:
- Contact: Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, 212-371-3191, firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW YORK, Jan. 19, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Bill Donohue comments on a short film, "100 Years," celebrating the centenary of Planned Parenthood: Lena Dunham was a great choice to co-produce this Planned Parenthood propaganda film. She is not only a confessed child abuser, she recently regretted not having an abortion. Having Meryl Streep do some of the narrating w Source: Catholic Lea
Christian Leaders Pray and Anoint the Doorway that President-elect Trump Will Walk Through Before His Inauguration at Capitol BuildingHere is the link to the video of their prayer: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo91_hjIyooContact: Rev. Patrick Mahoney, 540-538-4741WASHINGTON, Jan. 19, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- The group has prayed in similar fashion for previous Presidents as they ask for direction, leadership, protection and blessing for the incoming Trump Administration. Peggy Nienaber, Vice President of Operations for Faith and Action, states; "The gospel is neither Republican or Democ Source: Chr
- Today's Headlines When refugees dream,Jesus offers comfort
Haiti: Three months post-Hurricane Matthew
FMI helps train pastors in Bangladesh
Presidential Inaugural Prayer Breakfast, Inc. Remains at Trump Hotel to Pray for Office of the PresidencyPresidential Inaugural Prayer Breakfast to Pray for Office of the Presidency, Remains at Trump HotelContact: Emily Lewis, Assistant to Merrie Turner, 804-426-8078, Presidential Inaugural Prayer Breakfast, email@example.com
WASHINGTON, Jan. 18, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Presidential Inaugural Prayer Breakfast Inc., a non-partisan and non-denominational organization, has been praying for the office of the President since 1993. As we had prayed for President Source:
- Contact: Richaél Smith, Public Relations/Media Manager, Catholic Answers, 619-387-7200, firstname.lastname@example.org
EL CAJON, Calif., Jan. 18, 2017 /Christian Newswire/Catholic Answers, one of the nation's largest lay-run apostolates of Catholic apologetics and evangelization, today announced Cyril Kellett as the new host of the top-rated national radio show Catholic Answers Live.
Kellett previously hosted of The Bright Side with Cy Kellett on the Immaculate Heart Radio network. Kellet Sour
- Contact: Kate Bryan, 202-567-7681 WASHINGTON, Jan. 18, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Stanton Healthcare which was initially accepted as a "Partner" for the WMW, (See screen shot) has now been removed by march organizers.Stanton provides quality healthcare free of charge to low income women, women with unexpected pregnancies and the refugee communities.With other women's group that embrace a pro-life message being removed from the WMW, it is now clear that this Source: St
Terri Schiavo Archives: A Permanent Place at Ave Maria University for Learning Terri Schiavo's Historic StoryContact: Tom Shakely, Executive Director, Terri Schiavo Life & Hope Network, 855-300-4673, email@example.com
PHILADELPHIA, Jan. 18, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Terri Schiavo's 2005 death by starvation and dehydration marked the start of America's slide toward treating euthanasia generally, and assisted suicide specifically, as if they were forms of medicine. Knowing the true story of Terri's fight is important for understanding the roots of America's culture of death.
Since T Source:
National Park Service Approves Permit for Church's 'Virtual Prayer Walk' Following the Inaugural Parade Route of President TrumpContact: Rev. Patrick Mahoney, 540-538-4741WASHINGTON, Jan. 18, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Church on the Hill in Washington, DC will lead the walk down Pennsylvania Ave to the White House on Thursday, January 19, the day before the Inauguration beginning at 12:00 p.m.Here is link to the Facebook Event Page:www.facebook.com/events/244561445977044 Church on the Hill will be walking the same route that President Trump will follow the next day after his Inauguration from the Un
- Viral star opens up about journey through poverty, shame and depression; shares her secrets to maintaining joy and embracing freedom in the midst of life's challengesContact: Shanon Stowe, 931-307-1988, firstname.lastname@example.org; Paige Collins, 615-934-4162, email@example.com; both with Icon Media Group; Robin Barnett, Zondervan, 616-698-3251, firstname.lastname@example.org GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., Jan. 18, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Zondervan announced today the
- Today's Headlines Pastors’ disappearance blamed on Burmese army
Tanzania: holding the burden of Burundi, Rwanda
Essay contest encourages kids to think missionally
- Contact: Barbara Allen, 818-368-0749WASHINGTON, Jan. 17, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- On Thursday, January 19, Inspirational artist, Steve Amerson, will sing at a Special Inauguration Prayer Event at the Greater Hope Baptist Church in Washington, DC at 12:00 p.m.
This "Special Inaugural Prayer Event" will focus on prayers for the nation, Administration, the Cabinet, Congress and Appointees, racial unity and for millenials. Masters of ceremonies for the event will be Jim Garlow and Audr Source: A
'Women's March on Washington' Accepts Life-Affirming Medical Clinic as a Partner in Their March on SaturdayContact: Kate Bryan, 202-567-7681WASHINGTON, Jan. 17, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Stanton Healthcare, a pro-life women's health clinic, received confirmation of their acceptance as a partner in the WMW today and is listed on the official March's website. (See screenshot here.)Stanton Healthcare provides quality healthcare to women with unexpected pregnancies, low income women and the refugee community all free of charge.In their application to be a partner at the WMW Stan S
Americans United for Life Says Estimate that Abortions Reduced is Evidence of the Impact of Pro-Life Laws"Research has shown that life-affirming laws do have an impact on lowering the number of abortions, and with all the life-affirming laws passed by the States since 2010, we have a reason to celebrate," said AUL's Clarke Forsythe.Contact: Kristi Hamrick, Americans United for Life, 202-289-1478, email@example.com WASHINGTON, Jan. 17, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- "The news that there may be fewer abortions taking place in the United States is a great start to the New Year, tho Source: America
- New Show, In Partnership with Susan B. Anthony List, Helps Viewers Create a Culture of LifeContact: Michelle Johnson, 205-795-5769
IRONDALE, Ala., Jan. 17, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- EWTN Global Catholic Network, in partnership with the Susan B. Anthony List, will launch a new half-hour weekly program that will inform and educate viewers about current issues of importance in advancing a culture of life."EWTN Pro-Life Weekly" will launch with a January special on Thursday, Jan. 26 Source: EWTN
- Contact: Helen Cook, 903-654-0938
DANBURY, Texas, Jan. 17, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- For release in the Spring: the world's first book about this 1537 Reformation bible, the only English bible bought with blood.
"This is the untold story of the Matthew Bible, which formed the basis of the King James Version, though unacknowledged," -- Author Ruth Magnusson Davis.The Matthew Bible was the work of three men. William Tyndale translated the New Testament and the first half of the O Source: PrimeS
- Today's Headlines In Aleppo’s rubble, Muslims and children meet Christ
Winter storm intensifies challenges for refugees in Greece
Sudan to Egypt: Bloom where you’re planted
- Growth of the Iglesia Ni Cristo (Church Of Christ) Beats the Odds in Global Religious DeclineContact: Lois Paula Riturban, 650-581-5463MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Jan. 16, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- When people think of the Silicon Valley, what comes to mind is the principle that life can somehow be perfected through innovation and technology; that mission seems to trump seeking religious purpose. The Silicon Valley is one of the least religious parts of the country, 30 percent below theSource: Igl
Pro-Life Women's Organization Applies to be a Partner in 'Women's March on Washington' to Share Message of Ending the Violence of AbortionContact: Kate Bryan, Stanton Healthcare, 202-567-7681
WASHINGTON, Jan. 16, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Stanton Healthcare, a life-affirming women's medical clinic, applied to be a partner in the Women's March on Washington to share a message of ending the violence of abortion. Stanton Healthcare is awaiting a reply from march organizers.
In their application to be a partner, Stanton Healthcare stated;
"Stanton Healthcare can mobilize women to attend Source: Stanton
- Contact: Ricky Wasserman, Star News, 310-887-2190HOLLYWOOD, Jan. 16, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Twin Peaks siren Sherilyn Fenn, Wonder Woman Lynda Carter, Brady Bunch's Maureen McCormick, Katy Perry, Megan Fox, and the Exorcist's Linda Blair are part of thousands of knowns and unknowns up for the lead role of healer Sara Sunday, a Spirit-filled woman in filmmaker Richard Rossi's upcoming film "Canaan Land."The film is shooting in Hollywood with a December, 2017 release. A former i Source: Star
- Contact: Gualberto Garcia Jones, Personhood Alliance, 202-888-6333
WASHINGTON, Jan. 16, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- The Personhood Alliance is issuing an alert to all of its member organizations calling attention to several alarming rulings issued by Judge William Pryor during his tenure as Justice of the 11th Circuit Federal Court of Appeals.
In a February primary debate, Donald Trump mentioned Alabama Judge William Pryor and Wisconsin Judge Diane Sykes as two potential nominees to rep Source:
- Today's Headlines January: Human Trafficking Awareness Month
Mission-minded, wherever you are
Making a significant, long-term impact on children
- Two Christians explain the intensifying world debate over Israel’s West Bank settlements.
Though the Obama administration has just one week left in office, Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to a Paris peace conference this weekend in a last-ditch effort to advocate for the two-state solution he strongly endorsed last month.
In an unusually blunt December 28 address, Kerry said that Israel’s settlements in the West Bank are obstacles to the peace process between Israelis and P
Repealing Obamacare without a Replacement: How It May Hurt Small Church Pastors and Church Planters Near YouACA repeal/replace has a lot of implications.It seems that President-elect Trump is moving full force toward a repeal of the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare), tweeting out that “The ‘Unaffordable’ Care Act will soon be history!”
The Problems of Obamacare
Admittedly, we would find few people who would say Obamacare has been a great success, especially as premiums have soared in recent years. Even Bill Clinton’s comments, later walked back, reveal the widespread di
Rebuilding Our Witness (Part 2): Developing an Understanding of the Connection of Love & Evangelism in Light of Our New Political ClimateA Christian worldview embraces two things: the Great Commandment and the Great Commission
In Part 1, I talked about why we are at a time when we need to step back and assess how we view the world and the lens we apply to all that we see and do. I talked about a Christian worldview that holds in one hand the Great Commandment and in the other the Great Commission. It’s a worldview that embraces a love of God and a love of others above even ourselves.
Recently, we have seen many ways in whic
- New law requiring resignation after age 70 or 20 years in pulpit would affect 90 percent of evangelical pastors.
The surprise resignation of Nigeria’s highest-profile pastor has exacerbated a debate among West African Christians on the merits—and limits—of pastor tenure.
Last weekend, Enoch Adeboye resigned his role as general overseer of the 5-million-member Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) in Nigeria (though not as overseer of its international presence in 192 nations)
- Survey: African Americans value spiritual formation in community, while whites prefer the opposite.
When it comes to spiritual formation and discipleship, African American Christians are in it together.
Black believers are more likely to position their growth in Christ in the context of community and fellowship, while white Christians take a more individualized approach, according to a study released this week from Barna Research.
The survey found that twice as many black Christians as whites we
- Contact: ChinaAid Media Team, 432-553-1080 cell, 888-889-7757, 432-689-6985, firstname.lastname@example.org TIANJIN, China, Jan. 13, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Traumatized by more than a year of torture, a prominent Christian human rights lawyer in China's Tianjin municipality fears he might die of medical conditions. Li Chunfu (pictured), a rights attorney, was released on bail yesterday, emaciated and aged. When his spouse noticed he was fearful of entering his own apartment,&am