- The Singapore Tourism Board (STB) has appointed Zenith as its new global media agency. The win expands Zenith Australia's tourism roster, sitting alongside Singapore Airlines.The contract will commence on 1 April 2017.The STB account win continues a strong period of growth for Zenith Australia, winning ALDI in November 2016. Says Karen Halligan, MD of Zenith Sydney: "We are very proud to be partof the global team that's won Singapore Tourism. Singapore is a diverseand vibrant country, and we can
Exit director Garth Davis' feature film 'Lion' set for OZ release this Thurs; receives DGA nominationsExit's Garth Davis' debut feature and DGA nominated 'Lion' is set for its Australian release tomorrow.With an impressive start at the US box office and following its State Theatre premiere in Sydney on December 19, with the stars of the film Dev Patel, Nicole Kidman, and David Wenham attending, Lion will be released on more than 250 screens across the country this Thursday.Beautifully shot by Exit alumni Greig Fraser, Davis' long-time friend and collaborator of 20 years, the story came to Davis
- Award winning creative Joe Hawkins has departed 303MullenLowe, Perth to begin a creative group head role at Marketforce in Perth.Hawkins returned to Perth just over two years ago, having spent eight years working at some of the region's best creative agencies, including DDB New Zealand, R/GA Singapore, and Saatchi & Saatchi Sydney. He's been awarded at every major local and international award show,most recently picking up three Silvers at the London InternationalAwards for his IKEA radio wo
- The prestigious global FWA Of The Year Award and FWA People's Choice Award has been won by R/GA Sydney's interactive film for Through the Dark - the song written by Dan Smith (MC Pressure) as his son underwent treatment for leukaemia.
FWA's mission is to showcase cutting-edge creativity from individuals, agencies and brands worldwide, with past winners including 24 Hours of Happy, Museum of Me and Google's The Wilderness Downtown. A panel of 200 international judges selected Through the Da
- DDB Group Sydney has announced the appointment of Tabitha Fairbairn (left) as managing director, Mango Sydney. Fairbairn will spearhead Mango Sydney's leading PR, experiential, sponsorship and social media offering.Fairbairn brings with her 16 years of experience delivering award-winning PR, influencer, experiential, sponsorship and social media work for a range of clients including Toyota, Citi, Google, Expedia, Harley-Davidson, Dyson and Tourism Northern Territory. Most recently, she was gener
- The Association for Data-driven Marketing & Advertising (ADMA) has announced that the man behind U.S. President-elect Donald Trump's election victory, Matt Oczkowski (left), will be one of the headline speakers for its annual Data Day conference this year.Oczkowski, who is the Head of Product for Cambridge Analytica, will give a unique insight into how analytics helped Trump win the 2016 US election. He will also be joined by four other international and 11 local industry experts to shed lig
- Brisbane's independent creative agency, Brother & Co, has helped launch Australia's newest men's brand, SQDAthletica. The new men's clothing and lifestyle brand has been launched with a focus on finding balance, refining style and inspiring men to be fit for life.Brother co-founder, Kurt Viertel, said the agency was proud to have helped craft the brand strategy and concept development to ultimately deliver a brand that offers a sense of community for men that's straight-up and authenti
- The Monkeys, Sydney has scored 16 out of Australia's total of 21 finalists in One Show's Q3 shortlist, released today.The Monkeys scored two finalists for UBank 'The All I Need Project' in Branded Entertainment. The Monkeys' 'Qantas Out of Office Travelogue' garnered 13 shortlist mentions in categories including Branded Entertainment, Intellectual Property, Interactive, Mobile, Social Media and UX UI. The Monkeys also scored two finalists in the Film category for Meat and Livestock Australia 'Sp
- Coca-Cola South Pacific has today announced details of its Fuze Tea summer campaign via Ogilvy, Sydney, which will accelerate consumer trial and build on the already strong results achieved since launching last year. To achieve this, Fuze Tea will take 'surprising fusions' to the next level by closely aligning the product with food moments.Targeting 30-49 year old females, the brand is tapping into Australian consumers' obsession with food, with insights revealing that the Fuze Tea audience enjo
- Ancestry has announced the launched of its new locally-produced content series 'It's a Small World' via Sydney branded content agency hellofuture.tv, which will be available through digital and social platforms from today.
It's a Small World is a four-part online series that takes 17 residents of a non-descript apartment block in Bondi Beach, Sydney, on a DNA journey of discovery, revealing both what connects us and makes each of us unique.VIEW THE TRAILER
VIEW EP 1 - WHO ARE YOU?
VIEW EP 2 - TA
- New York Festivals Torch Awards, a unique creative competition for young creatives 18-27 years old, has partnered with Today, I'm Brave, a registered nonprofit, whose dynamic mission celebrates people performing Brave acts every day and everywhere. Today, I'm Brave's intention is to inspire others to conquer their fears--because when we're Brave, we can accomplish anything.Today, I'm Brave's initiative started out as a social experiment to inspire an Ebola-stricken community in Sierra Leon
Former Saatchi & Saatchi worldwide digital creative director Tom Eslinger named first-ever global chief creative officer of Burson-MarstellerFurther strengthening its commitment to offering clients strategic counsel paired with integrated communications, Burson-Marsteller has lured world-renowned and internationally awarded executive creative director Tom Eslinger to be he firm's first-ever global chief creative officer.
He will be responsible for the seamless integration of strategy, planning and analytics to yield powerful, integrated creative ideas for application across all traditional, digital and mobile platforms as well as eme
- RAA has launched a new spot via KWP! Adelaide.
The yellow RAA Road Service van is iconic in South Australia. People seethem on the roads everywhere and the vans are synonymous with trust,reliability and the peace of mind offered by all of RAA's products andservices - from emergency road service through to home and carinsurance.
This spot demonstrates the positive outcome of having
RAA car insurance by using the iconic RAA van as a portal from theinternal world of RAA to the real world and from p
- Renowned director Graeme Burfoot whose credits include a plethora of advertising awards (including Clio, LIA and New York Festivals), an Academy Award shortlisted short film (The Beneficiary), and an AFI nominated TV drama (Shark Net) has joined SO Productions for freelance representation.
Burfoot brings with him over 20 years directing experience across film, TV and commercials for clients such as Lexus, Tooheys, Foxtel, TAC, Toyota and Westpac. His slate shows clear strength in drama, comedy,
- UPDATED - As previously reported by CB, MercerBell declined to re-pitch for the Allianz account after seven years of high sales and internationally awarded work.
It has now been revealed that the latest Allianz campaign, which dropped the 'Ahhh Allianz' tagline, was created by newly appointed lead agency Cummins & Partners, Sydney.
Last week Julie Dormand (left), managing director at MercerBell said the agency was incredibly proud of the work they have done with Allianz over many year
- Omnicom Media Group (OMG) has today announced the appointment of Kristiaan Kroon to chief investment officer, OMG Australia. The announcement follows the promotion of Tony Harradine to the chief investment officer role for Omnicom Media Group Asia Pacific.
Kroon joins from Fairfax Media where he was the national agency sales and commercial partnerships director. Beginning his career in media in the UK with News International, then Trinity Media Group, Kroon has over 15 years' experience as a sen
- The OTTO Empire has announced the addition of Christopher Hill to its roster.
Hill comes to OTTO with a wealth of experience across commercials, music videos and experimental content. Performance driven, he combines comedy storytelling with his unique visual style, resulting in engaging, humorous and bold content. He creates quirky worlds and characters, always with high end visuals.Starting in the world of music videos, Hill developed his craft creating unique concepts and striking visuals for
- The Australian Association of National Advertisers (AANA) has today said that a report published by the World Federation of Advertisers (WFA) has delivered further evidence of the significant economic value of advertising.The WFA report, which included data from developed markets within the European Union (EU), found that in 2014 advertising contributed over €640 billion to the gross domestic product (GDP) of EU economies. The WFA commissioned the research with the support of a range of Eur
- Independent digital marketing and communications agency, Deepend, will enter an exciting new phase of development across its creative, tech and design offerings, following the appointment of industry heavyweight, Hamilton Jones (left), to the role of managing director - Sydney.Having established his first digital and creative agency at the age of 25, Jones brings more than two decades of managerial, technical and consulting experience to the award-winning Deepend team. His previous roles include
- Each week Bestads picks the very best advertising in the world, in every
medium - which is reviewed by a top creative director or team to select
their own personal favourites.This week's guest judge is Clark Edwards, creative director, AMV BBDO, London.BEST TVMy pick this week is Mercedes-Benz, 'The Encounter'.
In the sixth months since Stranger Things aired, I'd hazard a guessthat the show's been referenced more times by creatives in meetings than
the number of people who actually watched it. H
- Australian agencies have received six awards and two Best of Show nominations in the 2016 Mobius Awards international advertising competition. The wins included four First Place awards.The Woolshed Company, Melbourne, leads the Australian pack with two First Place Mobius Statuettes for "The Viral Experiment" in Digital: Online-Branding and in Branded Content: Branding. It was also nominated for Best of Show. Woolshed was both entrant and advertiser. The project was envisioned as a social experim
- In support of its recently released brand spot, William Hill has launched a bigger and better version of its incredibly popular 'Chase The Ace' promotion for the 2017 Australian Open via Fenton Stephens and The Sweet Shop.'Chase The Ace' became one of the biggest promos of 2016, and knowing that fans would be clamouring to see its return, the second coming had to live up to some serious hype. Last year's spot saw the brand's representative, Axle Whitehead, knocking balls at the viewer's screen f
- Many in the industry, particularly in Melbourne and Adelaide, will be saddened to hear of the passing of legendary radio voice-over man, Jim 'Bero' Berinson, who has passed away peacefully at the age of 92.In the early 70s Bero teamed up with Street Remley, working in Melbourne and then Adelaide,
to create the greatest radio production and writing business in thecountry.
Bero began life as an opera singer and singing taxi driver in Perth in the 1950s. A 3AK radio executive was a passenger
- Melbourne creative agency Yoke has joined forces with General Assembly for another instalment of its hands-on design event series - A Brief Night, taking place at General Assembly in the CBD on Thursday, March 2.This time around the event will see participants taking on a UX-focused design brief.Forget your ideals, here you won't have months, weeks or even days to research, revise and revisit your design work. There is no room for pondering, no gaps for mulling over. Instead you will experience
- The Call for Entries to The Work 2017 is out and it's FREE to enter.The deadline is Tuesday 28th February, 2017.Now
in its 15th year, The Work features the very best advertising of the year fromAustralia, New Zealand and Asia. Published by Campaign Brief, TheWork is recognised as a true record of creativity forthe entire region.
There are three things that differentiate The Work 2017 from traditional award shows:Firstly, entries are FREE.
Secondly, we are selective - to qualify forentry th
Transport Agency, along with Clemenger BBDO Wellington, have launchedthe first piece in a new chapter for speed, 'Less Speed, Less Harm'.Says
Brigid Alkema, ECD, Clemenger BBDO, Wellington: "Until now speedmessaging has focussed on the negative impacts of speed. This newchapter highlights a benefit, not a cost, of the speed of a driver."The new AV piece, directed by Noah Marshall of The Sweet Shop, shows the outcome of a competent driver choosing less speed.
VIEW THE SPOT
Says Marshall: "This
- Sitback has appointed former Konica Minolta head of digital Marc van den Berg to the newly created role of new business director.Reporting into CEO Chris McHugh, van den Berg¹s core focus will be to drive new business and growth for the agency, leveraging Sitback's strong user experience and development capabilities.
Says Paul Armstrong, founding partner, Sitback: "Marc is a very important hire for Sitback, and we are delighted to have him on board. Marc will be key to helping us grow
- Adelaide-based full service marketing and communications agency KWP! has officially opened its doors in Darwin.The agency is dedicated to delivering ideas that are impossible to ignore and brands that are impossible to forget.Says John Baker (right), managing director, KWP!: "After a successful 25 years of working with clients in Adelaide it is time for KWP! to branch out and expand our work. "Darwin has always been the most obvious place for us to open given itssimilarities with Adelaide, espec
J. Walter Thompson's Helen Lansdowne Resor Scholarship now accepting applications; empowers female college students with support they need to join advertising's creative ranksJ. Walter Thompson Company has kicked off the New Year by opening applications for its third annual Helen Lansdowne Resor (HLR) Scholarship.The Scholarship is an international opportunity that addresses the lack of female creative leadership in the ad industry by empowering female college students with the support they need to join advertising's creative ranks.
Named after Helen Lansdowne Resor, the industry's and JWT's first female copywriter, the Scholarship was established in partnersh
- A regular blog by Damon Stapleton, chief creative officer of DDB New Zealand"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." - HeraclitusI
am lying in the middle of the Noosa River an hour outside of Brisbane.After a pretty crazy year where we were working right up to Xmas I wassuddenly on vacation. Holidays are strange, lovely things. They creep up
on you with the best of intentions. It's like a really weird neighbourwho appears out of nowhere
- Australians have listened to lambassador Sam Kekovich's annual charge against un-Australianism for over a decade. But, this year he's joined forces with another brand that's Australian to the core - Advance Super Premium Petfoods.
He is urging dog owners across the nation to choose lamb for their canine companions on Australia Day 2017.VIEW THE SPOT Kekovich features in a video for Advance where he says that anything but
lamb for your dog on 26th January is "barking mad". The kick-offcoincides w
- Australians are invited to step up to the baseline and experience this year's Australian Open as the happiest ever, as part of Mastercard's Sponsor of the Happy Slam campaign.
Teaming up with ad agency McCann Sydney, Octagon and Digital Arts Network Sydney the campaign establishes the brand's sponsorship strategy in the first year of a unique three year deal, as official payment partner.VIEW THE SPOT
Says Adam Lee, managing director, McCann Sydney: "The Australian Open is known for its fie
- Australian not-for-profit health fund HCF, has today revealed a new campaign via The Glue Society, titled 'HCF Health Intelligence', featuring creative which taps into Australians' competitive nature and aims to help empower the nation to take control of their health.
The creative treatment features powerful statistics highlighting how Australia compares with the rest of the world, which ultimately reveals that we may not be as healthy as we think, and encourages Australians to bette
- CB Exclusive - Building on the success of the popular "Where's your somewhere?" brand campaign, Expedia ANZ, together with DDB Sydney, has launched a new TVC campaign to showcase its biggest sale of year.The campaign used 200 litres of jelly to recreate eight of the world's most recognisable and desirable landmarks. Expedia has helped millions of Pacific travellers fulfill their travel dreams, so replicating the world's most famous landmarks in jelly is a quite literal representation of the bran
- Flint Sydney has expanded its roster to include photographer and director/DOP Jon Bader.The addition of Bader, strengthens Flint Sydney's offering of stills and motion production.Bader, with extensive experience in commercial food photography, has recently produced stills and motion for a large range of clients include McDonald's, KFC, Westfield, Arnott's, RSPCA and Australian Eggs.Most recently, Bader has been specialising in motion control techniques for motion capture and SFX, using his own d
- Many in the industry, particularly in Melbourne, will be saddened to hear of the passing of legendary writer and creative director Greg Harper.The former partner and executive creative director of Grey Advertising, Melbourne in the late 80s and 90s will no doubt be best remembered for creating (with art director Stewart Byfield) the long-running Victorian TAC 'If you drink, then drive, you're a bloody idiot' campaign, which launched in 1989.In 1998 one of the spots in the series won Best of Show
- Today the D&AD Next Awards opens for entries for its third year. Entries are open until the 22 February 2017 and entry prices start from just £25. Submissions can be made directly on the D&AD website, there is no age limit for entrants and any genre of work can be submitted.The D&AD Next Awards aims to find the next big names in film andphotography and promote them back to the industry, through mentoringintroductions to established industry figures. This year, NextPhotographer
- Following a year of client success and agency growth in Australia and across Asia in 2016, iris Sydney is expanding its management team to ensure it can be the best partner for clients and employer for staff in the country.
After joining iris in August 2011 and over the last year being responsible for growing iris' Samsung business in Australia, David Griffiths (left) will be taking on the role of managing director.
Following a year of success on Samsung, including the Rethin
- Priceline Pharmacy is building on the success of its 100% Woman brand platform with its new 'Women in Sport' execution created by Ogilvy Melbourne, which launches during the WBBL and Priceline Pharmacy Kooyong Classic tennis coverage this week.
Featuring high profile female athletes from the AFL, Cricket and Netball, the message is clear: women and men's athletes share the same passion and determination, and the new groundswell of support for women's sport in Australia will ensure they sh
- GPY&R Melbourne has today announced that Bel Australia has appointed the agency as its new creative and strategic partner, following a competitive pitch.
Bel Australia is the local division of Bel Group that manages over 30 brands globally, including The Laughing Cow, Mini Babybel and Boursin.
Says Frederic Dauba, marketing manager, Bel Australia: "Throughout the process, GPY&R Melbourne showed they understood the Australian marketplace and how our brands can push through t
- For over 150 years the YMCA's purpose has been to make communities healthier and happier by getting people together to get active. To do this, they have established a rich history of innovation, including the creation of basketball and volleyball.
For YMCA's latest campaign, McCann Melbourne has reinvented the exercise machine with the launch of the YMCA Playnasium. The agency has designed outdoor workout equipment that uses children's weight as exercise weights, allowing parents to workout whil
- Serena Williams is celebrated as one of the greatest sportspeople of all time. Her skills on the court are legendary, but it's her off-court love of dance that Berlei celebrates in this new brand campaign developed in partnership with content agency Emotive and Parlour Creative.
In the first of a series of digital content pieces we see Serena, in a studio alone, dancing with abandon to The Donnas' cover of Billy Idol's iconic 80's track "Dancing with Myself". It's a loose, playful, expres
- The 64th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity opened for registration today, with price reductions of up to 10% on a range of passes for under 30s announced.The reduced pass prices are designed to enable more emerging industry talent to attend the Festival. For all those under 30, the eight-day 'Complete' pass has been reduced by 255 Euros since 2016. Two-day 'Young Lion' passes for the specialist events that run alongside the Festival - Lions Health, Lions Innovation and Lions Ente
Saatchi & Saatchi global chief executive Robert Senior resigns; Magnus Djaba to take on newly created global president roleRobert Senior, global CEO Saatchi & Saatchi, has resigned, and will be replaced by Magnus Djaba (above left), UK CEO of Saatchi & Saatchi Fallon, who will take on the newly created global president role and will lead the network, alongside Kate Stanners (above right), worldwide chief creative officer and chairwoman, and David Hackworthy, worldwide chief strategy officer.Senior (above middle) will ensure a smooth transition over the next three months, and will continue to work directly wi
- A new campaign for the Alternative Meat Co. (AMC) via Sydney PR/social agency Poem, has bit back against the idea that eating meat on Australia Day makes you more Australian.The Facebook video which pokes fun at early 'Eat Lamb' campaigns by Meat and Livestock Australia famously fronted by Sam Kekovich, highlights the increasing number of people in Australia looking to eat less meat and encourage people to try something alternative this Australia Day.VIEW THE VIDEO Dean Epps, general manager at
- Entries are open to enter Round 5 of Sirens for 2017.
The deadline for Round 5 is Saturday, February 11.Entries must have aired at least 10 times on a commercial radio station anytime between 13 November 2016 and 11 February 2017.ENTER HEREComments (0)
- Clio Sports, the competition honoring creative excellence in sports marketing and advertising on an international scale, has today announced its 2017 jury.
This year's jury consists of top names in sports marketing and business from the global chief marketing officer of Under Armour, Andrew Donkin, to the president of StubHub, Scott Cutler, to the CMO of the NFL, Dawn Hudson. The jurors will convene between April 19 - 21 in New York City to sortthrough an international pool of submissions across
- Blackmores has created Australia's newest Well Bot via its digital agency Bastion EBA, using the latest in artificial intelligence technology.
This innovative, digital wellbeing coach interacts with consumers at any time, right from your pocket to help you stay on track with your new year's resolutions to Be a Well Being throughout 2017.Launching today, as part of its Australian Open campaign, consumers will have their very own wellbeing coach at the touch of a button, chatting to the Blackmores
Generations of 'Boat People' arrive to celebrate modern Australia in annual Lamb campaign via The Monkeys ~ but no mention of Australia DayMeat & Livestock Australia (MLA) has launched its annual lambcampaign via The Monkeys, which shines a light on who we are as anation, and celebrates modern Australia.
This year's blockbuster, which for the first time does not mention Australia Day, opens on the pristine Australian coastline, as the nation's firstpeople search for the perfect spot to fire up a barbie. It doesn't takelong for other revellers to join the hosts. Every arrival, from theEuropean settlers to the most recent o
- CB Exclusive - Wesley Hawes (right), the former joint-executive creative director of TBWA\Sydney, has departed the agency to join the management team at Marcel Sydney. Hawes will take up a deputy ECD role working alongside ECD Scott Huebscher (left) and Marcel creative chairman, David Nobay.
The former Lynx/Axe global creative director spent eight years at BBH London before joining TBWA/Sydney in 2014. In the two years under his leadership the agency won over 20 pitches, several Agency of the Ye
Follow @Advertising_AU on Twitter!