The Royal Brunei Airlines Australian office has announced the appointment of full-service creative and media agency The Ross Partnership to handle media duties for the business.
Royal Brunei Airlines is an award winning airline that was established on 18 November 1974 as an independent corporation wholly owned by the government of Brunei Darussalam and is the country's flagship carrier. Started with only a fleet of two aircraft, Royal Brunei Airlines now has a fleet of 10 aircraft and cur
- From Brexit to the Rio Olympic Games, the local Australian elections to the unfolding refugee crisis, 2016 saw the Getty Images' editorial team of award-winning photographers provide coverage 24 hours a day, seven days a week, from all corners of the world. They were at the center of the key news stories and events, covering more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events at home and around the globe: over 70,000 in entertainment, 30,000 in sport and 30,000 in news.
The Getty Image
- Decision-making is critical in emergencies, which is why Victorians are being asked to plan and prepare now for a hot and dry summer with significant fire risk. The Summer Fire Campaign, via The Fuel Agency, has launched, prompting all Victorians to be better prepared for bush and grassfire.Emergency Management Commissioner Craig Lapsley said planning and preparation was fundamental to good decision-making and the key to saving lives in an emergency.VIEW THE LEAVE EARLY SPOT
VIEW THE PLAN AND PR
- An award-winning team of creatives have put their talent behind a powerful new awareness campaign for the child protection organisation Bravehearts.
The television commercial by creative director Mike Boswell and director Sonia Whiteman, uses a lion to represent the power that personal safety education has in the fight against child sexual assault.
VIEW THE SPOT Says Whiteman: "I was honoured to work on this powerful campaign withMike Boswell and Bravehearts, and all the cast and crew who believ
- Compare Travel Insurance (CTI) is back once again with its newly released ad just in time for December's peak travel period.The campaign, labelled; "Do you know who I am?" features the website's iconic holiday geek-guru Eugene Wylde in various unlucky holiday scenarios. This time he finds himself in Bora Bora with an unfortunate case of toothache.VIEW THE SPOT Says Natalie Smith, marketing manager, Comparetravelinsurance.com.au:"The message of our December ad campaign is simple. Don't let dental
- CB Exclusive - Clemenger BBDO Sydney has today announced Ben Coulson as chief creative officer.Coulson joins Clemenger after 10 years at Y&R, most recently as CCO Australia and New Zealand, and succeeds Paul Nagy who recently resigned from the agency.Coulson is currently ranked in the Top 10 Chief Creative Officers in the world in the Won Report and has twice been named top 5 creative directors in the world at Cannes.Says Andy Pontin, CEO, Clemenger BBDO Sydney: "Ben is an outstanding creati
opening Sundance, starring at Tribeca and achieving worldwidedistribution, Taika Waititi and Curious' quirky film about a boy whotriggers a manhunt, has been named #1 Best Movie of the Year by Empiremagazine.Empire is THE British film magazine published monthlyby Bauer. It's the biggest selling film magazine in the UK that is alsopublished in the US, Australia, Turkey, Russia, Italy and Portugal. Being on its Best Movies of the Year List is a merit award everyfilmmaker desires most keenly.
NRMA Insurance partners up with CSIRO Data61 to create the 'NRMA Fireblanket' prototype via Tricky Jigsaw, part of M&C Saatchi SydneyNRMA Insurance has embarked on a new project to explore the potential of fire prevention technologies with leading science organisation Data61, a division of CSIRO.
The partnership with CSIRO Data61 follows almost two years of research and development with innovation partner Tricky Jigsaw, part of the M&C Saatchi Group, to build and test an early bushfire detection prototype called NRMA FireBlanket.NRMA FireBlanket is an early bushfire detection and monitoring networkprototype made up
- AWARD is still accepting entries for the 38th AWARD Awards.
Get your entries in by next Monday, December 12, 5pm Australian EST.
A late fee will apply.This
year eligibility dates have been extended to cover the full call forentries period through into early 2017; any work first aired orpublished between the 6th November 2015 and the 31st January 2017.SUBMIT ENTRIES HEREComments (1)
- A regular blog by Damon Stapleton, chief creative officer of DDB New Zealand"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus AureliusNothing reminds you of your love for advertising more than lying next to a man discussing the insertion of his catheter with his best friend.It has been an interesting two weeks. I had been in hospital because my appendix was trying to kill me. Auckland City Hospital looks like it was decorated by an East G
- Commercial Radio Australia (CRA) has today announced the first step in a fully operational all of industry automated holdings system, appointing AudioNET as the industry partner to automate the radio buying process.The CRA Automation and Programmatic Committee established late in 2015 and chaired by NOVA Entertainment chief executive officer, Cathy O'Connor, has selected AudioNET to create automated holding software that will allow agencies to interact with all radio stations' traffic management
- Following the announcement last week of Havas winning OFX and MyRepublic, the Havas Village in Melbourne is continuing to build on the success of Havas' integrated model, announcing four new client wins.Delivering creative, media, PR, social, technology, experiential and employer branding solutions, Havas Melbourne is today announcing that it has acquired a series of clients that have come on board to access this integrated model. The Havas Village model is a global initiative to streamline Hava
- OMD has today announced the appointment of Yvette Mayer to managing director, OMD Sydney. The announcement follows the promotion of Aimee Buchanan to chief executive officer OMD Australia, in October.Mayer joins OMD from her New York based position of EVP, Group Director at Starcom US, where she leads the ESPN business, is head of digital for Mars Wrigley, and a member of the Senior Leadership Council.Mayer's career has spanned more than 20 years Australia, the UK and the US. She has worked acro
- Every Monday check out the coolest syncs and singles ~ courtesy of The Music Network and CB ~ and get some inspiration for your next campaign.
In this week's Australian Singles Report, Level Two Music, Starz Channel and Nine Network claim TMN's top syncs of the week, while Jack River's sun-drenched second single Palo Alto is the current undiscovered pick for a future sync track.
Watch the Starz TV App 'Holidays without Wifi' TVC
Stream this week's Sync Alert
On the Australian digital and a
- The Audi Open Haus Sales Event is Audi Australia's most successful annual retail campaign, offering complimentary CTP, stamp duty and registration across a wide range of new and demonstrator Audi models.To promote the event, and demonstrate Audi's core philosophy of 'Vorsprung durch Technik' (advancement through technology), the latest commercials, via 303 MullenLowe, Sydney and produced by Filmgraphics, use a piece of technology that's never been previously used in Australia: a 45-foot telescop
- Medibank has launched 'Joy' -- an immersive VR experience for hospital patients to enjoy over the festive season.
Joy is designed to provide a comforting environment which helps alleviate feelings of social isolation and loneliness. The initiative was conceived by Sydney agency B.B.E, alongside VR specialists Liminal, in response to new Medibank research which found loneliness is a growing issue, and Aussies with health concerns are amongst those most at risk.
With Joy landing in p
- oOh!media is demonstrating the lasting and unmissable power of classic billboards with two special-builds for Carlton & United Breweries' Crown Lager this Christmas season created by MediaCom Melbourne.
The campaign will feature a three dimensional Christmas bow attached to two classic large format billboards at Milperra, NSW, and Essendon, Victoria. After two weeks the bow will be removed and new creative will be revealed.
Says Brian Phan, brand director of premium and craft,
- J. Walter Thompson's Innovation Group has today unveiled its third annual Future 100 report.
Future 100: Trends and Change to Watch in 2017 helps readers keep a tab on emerging consumer behavior with 100 original trend predictions from the Innovation Group. Sliced across 10 categories, each trend is delivered in digestible snapshots that explore how the trend is already showing up in consumer behavior today, signs that it's growing more popular and an original analysis on why brands and m
Three Gold, four Silver, five Bronze handed out at revamped 2016 APG Strategy Awards in Sydney; BMF most awarded agency with seven winsThree Gold awards were presented at last night's ceremony in Sydney, recognising: Angela Morris from J.Walter Thompson Sydney for NSW Rural Fire Service; Ali Tilling, Hugh Munro and Christina Aventi from BMF for ALDI Australia and Matt Furlong from UM for the Art Gallery of NSW.This year the awards were overhauled to reflect the many roles of the modern strategist and the value of their strategic influence. This saw new categories created to recognise business, connections and responsive plannin
- This weekend, clubs and pubs across Australia will join a national movement to prevent social violence with the launch of the inaugural 'Stamp Out Violence' campaign developed by creative technology agency DT. Across Australia patrons entering participating venues will be stamped on their fists to honour Joshua Hardy, killed in an act of social violence at the age of 21.The campaign is the first of its kind and aims to remind young people that what happens in a moment can last a lifetime.&
- Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) and J. Walter Thompson Sydney have launched a stunning new creative brand platform for Queensland, aimed at redefining the State and its attractions to Australia and the world.The new campaign, 'I know just the place', showcases a range of experiences that go beyond the traditional locations shown in previous executions, using proud locals as the stars. It is the first campaign executed by J. Walter Thompson Sydney since being appointed by TEQ following
John Lewis' #BusterTheBoxer spot Most Shared Ad of 2016 according to Unruly's Top 20; Aussie-created Doritos 'Ultrasound' TVC ranked #7UK retailer John Lewis is bouncing with joy today after its 2016 Christmas campaign "#BusterTheBoxer" was named the most shared ad of 2016 by video ad tech company Unruly.
The two-minute video ad, which features an array of animals playing on a family's trampoline at Christmas time, appears at the top of Unruly's annual Top 20 Global Video Ads Chart after attracting 1,949,387 shares across social media. The ad's performance since its launch on November 9 also makes it the 5th most shared Christm
Don't miss the Big Issue of CB featuring OZ/NZ TVC Production + Content Report out NOW - Agency Producers: Order your FREE copy nowThe bumper perfect bound Summer issue of Campaign Brief - which features the annual TVC Production + Content Report - is out NOW.
The 100 page mag includes profiles on the top commercials + content directors on both sides of the Tasman.
AGENCY PRODUCERS: Get your FREE COPY. Simply email your name, position, and agency to: firstname.lastname@example.orgSubscribe Now @ only $44 per year. To get so much more than what's on the blog, make sure you are a subscriber
to the print edition of Campaign Brief.
- After ten years of a unique and enduring partnership between Michael Cook (right) and Lizzy Nash (left), The Feds has closed the advertising and content side of the business to concentrate on the broadcast division under the direction of Julia Peters.
Cook will depart and look for new opportunities within the industry and Nash will continue to run her flagship international facilitation company, Walkabout Films.
The Feds broadcast division is enjoying great success, producing two TV shows this y
- In our polarised world, where everything from politics to fashion conspires to keep us apart, there is one place where old and young, East and West, fat cats and underdogs all sit shoulder to shoulder: sharing an ice-cold Tiger beer at the street food table.
To celebrate the power of Tiger Beer and street food to bring us closer, Tiger Beer is launching Tiger STREATS via Marcel, Sydney. An intriguing dining concept, where two chefs who live worlds apart, but share the honour of culin
- ALDI Australia has launched six new spots, part of its 'Nothing Beats the Perfect Aussie Christmas' campaign via BMF, where viewers were introduced to The Tinkletons.
The Tinkletons, a family of super enthusiastic Americans that have flown to summery Australia. They now celebrate ALDI's luxury range of delicious tiger prawns, champagne pudding, mince pies, half leg hams, turkey breast roast and much, much more.
VIEW THE PRAWNS SPOT
VIEW THE PUDDING SPOT
VIEW THE MINCE PIES SPOT
- The Sphere Agency, Melbourne has been appointed as the media agency for Parrot, a French company specialising in drones and other wireless products.Sphere won the media duties for Australia and Japan after working on a very successful 'It's flying season' campaign for the brand earlier this year, initially winning the project in a pitch against Parrot's incumbent international media agency. The "It's flying season" campaign saw Parrot's market share increase by double digits in Australia. Says E
- TBWA, Auckland has launched a new film in support of Asahi Super Dry, the number one beer in Japan.
Andy Havill, category manager - NZ beer and cider, Independent Liquor:"Asahi Super Dry is a beer with perfection at its heart and this is aplayful take on the serious science that goes into our product."Originally
developed as a result of a 5000 person survey in the Japan, Asahipioneered a new direction for beer in Japan and the world, inspiringmany imitations in its wake.VIEW THE SPOT
- Poem has launched the second phase of Wotif's content-led brand campaign, exploring how adults and children look at holidays.According to Wotif research almost all Aussies (93%) agree that making memories is more important than receiving presents under the Christmas tree this year. However, parents seem to still be stressed when it comes to holidaying, with two-thirds (63%) admitting to having negative feelings in the lead up to going on a family break.WATCH THE VIDEO This insight formed the bas
- Sunsuper has today announced the appointment of MediaCom Brisbane as its new media agency. After a competitive pitch, The Content & Connections Agency has been awarded the media account to elevate the Sunsuper's position as a significant and innovative force in Australian superannuation.Recognised as one of Australia's largest superannuation and retirement businesses, Sunsuper is one of Australia's most highly-rated super funds and is also one of the fastest growing retail fund in the market
- ThinkTV has today unveiled a new TV commercial that demonstrates the power and effectiveness of TV via The Thought That Counts.The campaign launch follows a sneak preview at ThinkTV's ReThinkTV launch event in Sydney on November 30 in front of an audience of 850 marketers, advertisers, media planners and buyers, analysts, industry thought leaders and TV broadcasters.The commercial, which carries the strapline "It's prime time to rethink TV", shows the power of TV to build brands in the minds of
- XYZ Studios' Luca&Sinem have led production on Officework's new Christmas campaign, "Gifts for Imagineers" via AJF Partnership.
It follows Alice, a young aspiring adventurer, as she is sent on a festive treasure hunt by her adoring Grandpa. Upon discovering her gift, Alice turns the tables, and it's Grandpa who must now follow her clues.VIEW THE SPOT
Creative Agency - AJF Partnership
Executive Creative Director - Andrew J FooteCreative Director - Michael Skarbek
Senior Copywriter - Simon Gro
a global search, J. Walter Thompson New Zealand has hired Justin Barnes
as executive creative director. Barnes, who was most recently creativedirector at SapientNitro in London, will take the creative reins inJanuary.Says Simon Lendrum, managing director, J. WalterThompson, New Zealand: "When we set out to find our new ECD, we wantedto find a creative leader who had demonstrated the ability to build bigbrands, but was also fluent in new technologies. Justin is such aleader."Says Matt Eastw
- IPG Mediabrands' newly remodeled data, tech, insights and activation business Cadreon has appointed Clement Tsang in the newly created role of head of consulting. Tsang is the second executive appointment announced by new Cadreon CEO Darren Stein, following news that Pat Darcy has joined as national managing director.
Tsang's role at Cadreon is a first for the agency and the industry.
Says Stein: "Clement will lead a team of advisors who will focus on mid term, strategic consultanc
- Air New Zealand, via agency Host, Sydney, has teamed up with multi-platinum Irish artist Ronan Keatingand rising Kiwi acting star Julian Dennison to record a uniquely Kiwi take on
one of the world's most iconic Christmas songs, rewritten to celebratethe magic of a Southern Hemisphere Christmas.
The online videoSummer Wonderland captures the fun as Hunt for the Wilderpeople starJulian Dennison directs a reluctant Ronan Keating in a witty rewrite ofWalking in a Winter Wonderland, to better
- The D&AD Professional Awards 2017 early entry deadline is in two weeks.
Enter your work by 14 December 2016 and save 10%.The
55th annual D&AD Professional Awards are now open for entry. Withsubcategory changes, the majority of the jury foremen and womenannounced and a sneak peek of the creative campaign by Lucky Generals,there's quite a bit to grab your attention.Professional Awards - what's new?Although there haven'tbeen any new category additions, there are some notable changes withins
- Air Rescue is back for a fourth season, premiering on Wednesday 30 November at 8pm on Channel 7. Air Rescue is an observational documentary (ob-doc) capturing the dramatic rescues performed by the Westpac Lifesaver Rescue Helicopter Service (WLRHS), which has had an iconic 43 year partnership with Westpac.Westpac worked with partners MediaCom and Sydney based production company Fredbird Entertainment to produce the prime time series which has previously received an average national viewership of
- Dentsu Aegis Network Perth has won the national media account for Cash Converters following a competitive pitch.
$8 million, the win encompasses all traditional, digital, search, SEO,content, social, data and marketing technology consultancy acrossAustralia. The account will be led by Dentsu Mitchell Media calling upon
the full resources of the network in Western Australia and nationally.
International Brand Manager of Cash Converters, Glenn Donaldson (pictured below) said:"After several s
- Australia has scooped one Gold, two Silver and eight Bronze at the IPA Best of Health Show 2016, a ceremony which celebrates the best creative work in healthcare advertising, which was held hours ago at Bloomsbury Ballroom in London.The most awarded agency from Australia is Leo Burnett Melbourne, which scored Australia's only Gold for Headspace 'Reword' in Digital & Interactive. The campaign also scored a Bronze in Direct & Promo. Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness Sydney has taken home one
- Australia has scooped one Gold, two Silver and six Bronze at the IPA Best of Health Show 2016, a ceremony which celebrates the best creative work in healthcare advertising, which was held hours ago at Bloomsbury Ballroom in London.The most awarded agency from Australia is Leo Burnett Melbourne, which scored Australia's only Gold for Headspace 'Reword' in Digital & Interactive. The campaign also scored a Bronze in Direct & Promo. Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness Sydney has taken home one Si
- Luxury cruise line Silversea Cruises has launched a new national TVC campaign in Australia via HM Communication Group.
The campaign, which is aimed at highlighting the extraordinary personal service, vast array of unique and intriguing destinations, as well the space, elegance and comfort which Silversea is known for. There are seven different edits for the campaign that are now available on YouTube to view and will feature initially on the SBS network, select cinemas across the nation and
- Independent Melbourne agency, The Reactor is now the official agency for super premium pet care brand, Royal Canin.Royal Canin, part of the MARS pet care range, is a significant player in the Australasian market that until recently had focussed on a more B2B approach to marketing. However, as big box retail has come to the pet food sector the brand has realised it needs to take more control of its consumer marketing presence.
The Reactor's MD, Phil Childs says being an independent agency ended u
FireFlies Antipodes is making its last and final call for riders forits second tour taking place from 19 to 26 February 2017. The ridecovers 1000km+ over seven grueling days around Tasmania. Riders arededicated to raising awareness and fundraising in the media world in aid
of Beating Blood Cancers and Leukaemia.The call for saddles will close Monday, December 5 and the tour is looking forward to welcoming new riders from Asia and theAntipodes.To register your interest for The FireFlies Antip
- 303 MullenLowe has promoted Sean Larkin (right) and Adam Whitehead (left) as creative directors, reporting to Richard Morgan, executive creative director.Larkin joined 303 MullenLowe as head of copy in 2012, followed by Whitehead as head of art in 2013. Together, they have helped to craft some of the agency's most notable campaigns for clients including Budget Direct, Harley-Davidson and Audi Australia.Says Morgan: "Sean and Adam have proven time and again that they are world-class creatives. Th
- This month, via DDB Sydney, Volkswagen has launched a new retail campaign that challenges the cluttered automotive retail category, where consumers are constantly bombarded with offers, and highlights that it's often just 1% of offers that truly cut-through with potential customers. The work focuses on Volkswagen's 1% finance comparison rate for the Golf and Polo ranges.
Says Ben Welsh, chief creative officer, DDB Sydney: "Classic Volkswagen work is simple, nuanced and cuts through. This
- Media & Production Partners, a full service agency specialising in media planning and buying and production services, has followed up its launch earlier this year with the announcement of further new business, including Musashi. Owned by Vitaco, Musashi is one of Australia's leading sports nutritionbrands who develop products that aid in sports performance and recovery.
MPP has been appointed to look after all of Musashi's creative, and will work closely with Musashi's digital agency
- TBWA\Sydney has won the business for Oroton brand. The pitch win is a result of the business desire to shift perception and make the brand more attractive to a younger audience.
Oroton is one of Australia's few international luxury brands but it has been largely undifferentiated in a cluttered category of "accessible luxury."To increase the consumer share of market, the brand needs to move from an older, more conservative consumer, to a younger, more spirited one. The new AW17 collection
- Australian family-run business Bulla Dairy Foods and its communications partner, Publicis Melbourne, is releasing the next phase for the unfakeable brand platform. This campaign focuses on Bulla being 100% Australian owned and having top-class dairy products.
The new executions that begin to roll out this week, were shot in Bulla's home town of Colac in Victoria using staff, family and friends as talent. Bulla and Publicis have also continued to engage Australian artists to support the ma
- The Brand Agency, Perth has created its first campaign for the WA Road Safety Commission after being appointed earlier in the year. The
campaign, which launched yesterday, focuses on Speeding, DistractedDriving and Drink Driving. It is the first time that the Road SafetyCommission has combined messages for these three transgressions into one
integrated campaign. The strategy is designed to increase awareness and
ultimately change dangerous driving behaviour.VIEW THE SPEEDING SPOT
- MediaCom and Great Northern Brewing Co. (GNBC) have partnered with National Geographic and Outback Wrangler star Matt Wright to create True North; a national content lead campaign created to raise awareness of GNBC as the perfect beer for any outdoor occasion.
As a brand, CUB's Great Northern is synonymous with celebrating 'the good life' and understands that from time to time, everyone needs time to get away and reconnect with mates in the great outdoors.VIEW THE SPOT
True North is a captivatin
Follow @Advertising_AU on Twitter!