- CB Exclusive - Campaign Brief can reveal that KWP! Adelaide senior writer Corey Swaffer has been appointed to the role of creative director.Swaffer, who was in a caretaker role following the departure of long time CD James Rickard, has now been officially promoted to the position.Swaffer has been with KWP! for almost seven years, working on clients including Coopers Brewery, Yalumba, South Australian Tourism and the Motor Accident Commission.Says Swaffer: "I'm excited about the opportunity to co
- New Serviceplan Group Global ECD talks to LBB London's Addison Capper at Golden Drum 2016Jason Romeyko left Saatchi & Saatchi after 23 years because "thespirit was no longer the same as when I started," he told LBB this week. Speaking
at Golden Drum 2016 in Ljubljana, the former Worldwide ExecutiveCreative Director added: "But that's ok. We all have a right to changeand evolve. And besides, I wanted to go and write books anyway." He
mourned the closing of several Saatchi & Saat
- Aussie photographer Gary Sheppard is launching his fine art photography exhibition 'I Am Someone' on Saturday November 5 - 19 at Special Group Gallery in Surry Hills, Sydney.Sheppard will present a series of portraits of rescued farm animals with all proceeds going to help the animals.Event details:
What: Gary Sheppard - I Am Someone
Where: Special Group Gallery
Address: 270 Devonshire Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010Starts: Saturday, November 5, 2016
- Luscious photographer Hugh Hartshorne was the mentor for a recent creative project -Jerrinja Exposed, a community education program supporting the indigenous youth of the Jerrinja Tribe in the South Coast of NSW.The team worked tirelessly developing a creative education program teaching photography and graphic design to the children.Says Pip Mackenzie, EP, Luscious: "Hugh wanted to share the love for his craft and the aim was to up-skill the children that were interested in photography and teach
- It's soon time to pick CB Australian
Agency of the Year and NZ Agency of the Year -- and also to work out
the 2017 CB Creativity/Billings Index (or Hot+Cold Chart). Last year's is pictured left - Download the hi-res PDF: CB-HOT-COLD-CHART-2016-HI-RES.pdfAs far as
most agency creative directors (and increasingly, more CEOs and CMOs) on both
sides of the Tasman are concerned, CB Agency of the Year is the most
coveted of all trade mag titles to win - and where an agency is placed
on our annual char
- Setting the benchmark for creative excellence worldwide,
the definitive rankings and analysis from the annual Cannes LionsGlobal Creativity Report have been announced.
The Cannes LionsInternational Festival of Creativity 2016 received a record-breaking43,101 award entries from 91 countries in 2016. The 24 Lions awards were
judged by 387 jurors and 61 countries took home trophies.Says Jose Papa, managing director, Cannes Lions: "We're
delighted to announce the findings from this year's report, wh
has announced that its first Emerging Creative Directors Residentialcourse for aspiring CDs will run from November 20-22 in Sydney.Chaired
and curated by BMF creative founder, advertising legend and industrytrailblazer, Warren Brown, the course will be Australia's onlycustom-designed residential for senior creatives looking to transitioninto leadership roles.The significant step change required tobecome an outstanding creative director can't be underestimated as itrequires a completely new
- Scoundrel has announced that director Mike Daly has joined the roster represented across both Scoundrel Films and Projects.Daly's breadth of work covers emotive performance pieces, stunning visuals and a truly distinct style all to his own.His work includes television commercials, music videos, interactive projects and creative collaborations with musicians, dance troupes and theatre companies.As a video artist he has been commissioned by the Sydney Dance Company, the Sydney Opera House, the Bal
- hipages, Australia's go-to app and website for finding and hiring trusted tradies, has today announced the release of a new creative campaign by VCCP Sydney.The 'Tradie Choir' is a celebration of what makes Australian tradies unique and diverse. The TVC, set to debut this Sunday, 23 October, features a host of tradies singing a tune that offers home improvement solutions to Australians.The light-hearted scenes display a clear need for qualified tradie help around the home. From plumbing to elect
- In June, SO Productions' executive producer, Pip Heming announced she would be actively scouting and developing female talent on the SO roster. SO now proudly represent five female directors - Melissa Anastasi, Gemma Lee, Kacie Anning, Corrie Chen and Summer DeRoche.Says Heming who brings over 20 years experience with her as a producer who has worked on some of Australia's most iconic ads: "Part of my criteria has been to locate filmmakers with strong artistic vision who've been building t
of Asia's most awarded creative directors have released a website aimed
at providing guidance, training tools and inspiration to ad industrycreatives. The 'Deck of Brilliance' is the brainchild of Ogilvy &Mather Shanghai ECD, Juggi Ramakrishnan, and Commonwealth// McCannRegional Chief Creative Officer, Todd McCracken.The duo came up with the idea as colleagues and friends working over their long careers Asia.'Deck
of Brilliance' is a completely free online resource comprising 52idea-gene
- Writer, director, and self proclaimed "idea machine" Eran Thomson has joined the ranks of Chimney for representation in Australia.Thomson has more than 10 years experience in the advertising industry as a creative and creative director, including time at award winning agencies BBH and TBWA in America and Australia. He has written and directed numerous campaigns, including work for Telstra, Kidney Health Australia, Kit Kat, and most famously, the Gruen Nation winning "if you think" political ad f
- Creative agency Channel T has helped Hungry Jack's launch its 'Scarily Good' Halloween Whopper campaign by having customer Adam, prank a bunch of his friends for Halloween.
As part of a national campaign rolled out in more than 400 restaurants across Australia, Channel T Sydney created digital and social media videos, animated social posts and unique in-store point of sale materials to promote the QSR's limited edition Halloween Whopper.
This is the first time Hungry Jack's has lau
- Independent Sydney creative agency GHO has been appointed to Website transformation duties for Taylors Wines after a comprehensive competitive pitch.Says Cameron Crowley, Taylors' chief marketing officer: "It's rare when you find a partnership not just in terms of digital smarts, but where the people involved and the attitude they bring fits your culture so well. We felt there was just a really good match."Says Ryan Chao, creative director, GHO: "A great brand, a great industry and a company wit
- Rafael May is extremely excited to be the only composer finalist at both LIA for best original song and The APRA Screen Music Awards for best music for an advertisement.
Both nominations are for the original song created for Cadbury Marvellous Creations through Sapient Nitro for which May wrote both lyrics and music.VIEW THE SPOT
Creative Concept - SapientNitro
Aaron Tobin - Client Services Director
Bruce Matchett - Regional Executive Creative Director
Chris Shoolman - Creative Director
- Independent creative agency, 10 Feet Tall has released its first work for new client, Great Wall Motors Australia, this week.Promoting the new Steed dual cab, the agency's work is the next step by the Chinese car company in renewing its commitment to the Australian market and expanding its dealer network - and launches the brand's new positioning line, 'Built to Work.'The launch TV spot for the integrated campaign leverages the strength and durability of The Great Wall of China itself, and propo
- Full service agency Noisy Beast has opened its China office in Guangzhou. This follows further growth in the region supporting Swisse Wellness, Biostime and the launch of US based Healthy Times into China.
Kit Cao-Lam, newly appointed China business director, joins the agency and will lead the China office, having spent the last 10 years in the region. Cao-Lam's experience crosses a broad range of integrated marketing activity, having worked with Y&R, Ogilvy Action & Always (JWT G
Australian Marketing Institute (AMI) excitedly announced the winnersfor the 34th Awards for Marketing Excellence in front of over 350 guests
at last night's sell-out gala awards event in Sydney.Each yearthe AMI's Awards for Marketing Excellence recognises brilliance inmarketing practice across diverse customers, budgets and strategicapproaches.This year our judging panel of 120 judges assessed 215 entrants across 28 categories and awarded 61 national and state winners.Says Lee Tonitto, CEO o
an extensive international search, Ogilvy Melbourne has announced theappointment of experienced digital leader Alistair Bruyns as its newhead of digital.
With over 16 years of digital experience across
Europe, North America and Africa, Bruyns is an accomplished digitalagency leader and expert user-experience and digital strategist, with athorough knowledge of digital production, technologies and integration.
David Fox, CEO of Ogilvy Australia: "We're thrilled that Alistai
- Melbourne creative veteran Fysh Rutherford has announced his departure from T20 Group to pursue consulting work.Says Rutherford: "It's time to start a new life. After 14 years I am leaving the T20 Group. This will free me up to do consulting work. If you or anyone you know is in need of Brand strategy, Marketing plans, Retail advertising or general creative advice, please put my name forward. The first conversation is free. After that my rates, without the overheads of a traditional agency, are
- Carat Sydney has strengthened its senior investment team on key account Woolworths with the appointment of Georga Payne. Reporting to Ashley Earnshaw, chief investment officer of Carat Australia, Payne's new role is head of investment across the Woolworths account which is Carat's largest client nationally.Payne has over 16 years' media experience, working previously as investment director at VivaKi and at ZenithOptimedia on the Telstra and Nestle accounts amongst other clients. Says Earnshaw: "
- Creative independent agency YOLO has today announced its two creative partners will be appearing in the latest Matthew Evans series, 'For the Love of Meat', airing tonight on SBS.YOLO was first brought on by SBS and series producer Essential Media to develop the series' promotional campaign, but the agency's idea to create and film a social experiment, involving Matthew Evans urging a fast food chain to consider changing its chicken products to higher-welfare chicken, saw YOLO founders Paul Fent
- Foxtel has called on the rising tide of Australian U.S. sport fans to embrace the upcoming American sports season on ESPN in a new campaign via TBWA Sydney.
In 2016-17 Foxtel will lay claim to the 'Best of the US' sport live 7 days a week, including coverage of the NBA, NFL, MLB and college sports.
Says Rob Farmer, director of brand marketing: content and products: "U.S. sports are surging in Australia and this campaign is really about celebrating the guts, glitz and glamour of Ame
- Miami Ad School has today announced a line up of Sydney's leading creative and planning talent to teach its Account Planning Boot camp 2017.
The Account Planning Boot camp is an intensive 10-week training course with an increased focus on developing a creative mindset as well as strategic skills in understanding and analyzing data, developing insights, writing briefs and creating and executing concepts. It is recommended for planners, creatives, account service, brand owners and recent gra
- Last night, The Agency Circle, a national voluntary body committed to action in gender and diversity, launched to the communications industry. Driven by a commitment to stop the talk and start addressing the issues, they shared findings from a recent survey conducted across 15 leading creative agencies in Australia, with over 1200 people responding.
The survey drew on recent IPG and AAAA studies measuring diversity in the UK and US media industries, providing the first opportunity for the
- UBank has released Home Truths, a new project via The Monkeys, that launches with a provocative film aimed to encourage Australians to reconsider what they believe to be most important in their lives.Bronnie Ware, a former palliative carer and author of Five Regrets of the Dying, said the advice shared in the film resonated with her after years of caring for the terminally ill: "I've never had someone nearing the end of life tell me they wished they'd had a bigger home. It's always about spendin
- London International Awards (LIA) has today announced the shortlist for TV/Cinema/Online Film. Australia has scored four finalists led by VCD + WE, Sydney with two finalists for Western Sydney University "Deng Adut" in Public Service/Social Welfare and "Deng Adut", "Jay Manley" and "Melissa Chiu" in Public Service/Social Welfare Campaign category.The other Aussie finalists are Guilty Melbourne for Bonds - The Boys "Cricket", "Talcum Powder", "Trim", "Showers", "The Boys - Part 2: Swim", "The Boy
- Witchcraft and Black beauty. Sex after 70 and female ganjapreneurs. Ethical lingerie and solo travel. These are among the shifts highlighted in "Women, Next," the latest project from J. Walter Thompson's Innovation Group that anticipates the needs, aspirations and motivations of the female consumer of the future.The report confronts a popular critique from female consumers who say brands have not adjusted their messaging to accommodate the more modern and diverse experiences of women today. Aimi
- Kiwi expat Andy Fackrell, former regional creative director for Asia Pacific, has moved to R/GA Hustle LA to fill the role of executive creative director.Prior to his role as regional CD at DDB APAC, Fackrell held the position of executive creative director at DDB New Zealand.Fackrell joined DDB in January 2012
after a stellar career in Europe and the US. Renowned for his work ontwo of the world's greatest sports brands, adidas and Nike, Fackrell has
collected an extraordinary number of awards f
- London International Awards (LIA) has today announced the shortlist for the Design and Package Design categories.
Australia has scored two finalists. Leo Burnett Melbourne has been shortlisted for Great Barrier Reef Foundation "Great Barrier Reef Foundation Brand Ecosystem" in Brand Identity - Local category and Leo Burnett Sydney for Samsung "brainBAND" in Product Design.A total of 125 entries have been shortlisted in the Design medium, and 21 shortlisted in Package Design.
The Design and Packa
Saatchis & Saatchi Sydney only Australian finalist at shortlist stage of LIA Non-Traditional categoryLondon International Awards (LIA) has today announced the shortlist for Non-Traditional.Saathci & Saatchi Sydney is the only Australian agency to be shortlisted in the category for LandCruiser "LandCruiser Emergency Network" in Automotive.There are 53 shortlisted entries in the medium. The United States leads the way with 23 entries featured on the final shortlist, followed by the Sweden (6), the United Kingdom (4) and New Zealand (4).The McCann network accumulated a total of 10 shortlisted
- London International Awards (LIA) has today announced the shortlist for the The NEW. Australia has scored four finalists led by Saatchi & Saatchi Sydney with its Toyota LandCruiser "LandCruiser Emergency Network" work shortlisting twice in the Creative Technology and Technology Development categories.
GPY&R Brisbane has scored one finalist for Australian Road Safety Foundation "Life Saving Stickers" in Media Innovation and Leo Burnett, Sydney for Samsung Tab S2 "Celebrity Tantrum" in Med
the first quarter of this new financial year has come to a close,Australian digital marketing agency, Indago Digital, has added five newclients to its portfolio.The independent agency, headed bymanaging director Gary Nissim (left), has started working with notablebrands; HOOT Holidays, Robert Half, Chisholm TAFE, AAT Kings andiVenture Card. These new additions sit comfortably among Indago'snotable stable of clients across a variety of industries.SaysJodie Banbury, marketing director for HOOT
- Each week Bestads picks the very best advertising in the world, in every
medium - which is reviewed by a top creative director or team to select
their own personal favourites.This week's guest judge is Debbi Vandeven, global chief creative officer, VML, based in Kansas City, Missouri.BEST TV
Winner: Ikea: My Way.
For me it was a tough choice between the winner and the runner-up thisweek. Both feature authentic storytelling that holds a mirror up to real
life. I love this work because the human t
- Is it really a matter of pride in Australia to eat meat? A recent campaign for the Alternative Meat Co. (AMC) by Sydney-based Poem reveals that more Australian's are willing to consider an alternative.A video featuring self-confessed carnivores, confused hipsters and an unconvincing fake moustache, sees Australian comedian Dave Hughes go 'undercover' at one of Sydney's most famous kebab shops, to sub in Alternative Meat Co. products to unsuspecting kebab connoisseurs. The Punk'd style vide
- Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity has announced its 2016 The Global Creativity Report & Rankings, with Leo Burnett Sydney coming in at Number 1 in Australia.Following Leo Burnett Sydney is Clemenger BBDO Melbourne #2, DDB at #3, TBWA\Melbourne at #4 and Grey Melbourne at #5. With over 40,000 entries from 94 countries, Cannes Lions is a barometerof creativity globally. The global creativity report is compiled afterthe Cannes Lions Festival each year and uncovers trends, and hi
- Grey Melbourne has launched a new integrated campaign to highlight an innovative Australian-first fashion marketplace app called Shedd.Recently launched in Australia, Shedd is free to download and use for both buyers and sellers, allowing people to easily sell unwanted clothes. Shedd also takes the guilt out of purchasing new clothes and accessories by helping to turn wardrobes into a mini economy.The Grey campaign, developed in collaboration with Ikon Communications and Adhesive, highlights the
has appointed Graham Humphreys as head of Frost*Design for its brandand design division. The position has been newly created to support thebusiness' recent spate of high profile project wins and a growing team.UK-born Humphreys has relocated from San Francisco vacating a VP,director client services position at fuseproject.Humphreys has a
20-year international career in cross disciplinary creative consultingwhere he has led teams of diverse talents, disciplines, sizes andcultures
its award winning campaign to improve lives through better sleep,digital product studio Mentally Friendly has taken its partnership withleading Australian bed manufacturer A.H. Beard a step further. TheSydney independent has developed a sleep tracking smartphone app toaccompany and control A.H. Beard's latest innovation, the adaptable,future-proof bed, Sleepsense.While the average lifespan of amattress is 10 years, the needs of users can alter over that time butyour bed and mattress is
- This year's brief line up for New Blood Awards 2017 has just been released. What does this mean? It means that the next generation of creative disruptors can now sharpen their pencils, roll up their sleeves and start tackling the real-world briefs to showcase their talent.For 2017, D&AD's partners are a mix of returning favourites like John Lewis, Nationwide and BBC as well as some exciting new faces with Amazon, The National Autistic Society and Squarespace signing up this year. Collaborati
Pashen, senior copywriter, The Monkeys, Sydney is representingAustralia at the 5th annual Creative LIAisons at LIA in Las Vegas. HereTim (pictured on far left) reports on day three and day four of the program.'Turd down for Watt'.
If that doesn't immediately sound like a ground-breaking innovativebusiness idea, it's because you weren't part of the Creative LIAisons'Innervation Lab'.
After 2 days of passive listening, andaggressive note-taking, Day 3 was all about getting our hands dirty with
- Carat Australia has welcomed Rob Tilt to the agency in his newly-minted national role as head of innovation, tasked with bringing a fresh perspective to solving the client challenges of Australia's largest media agency network.A qualified developer, Tilt brings an extraordinarily diverse skillset to the agency; his background spans advertising, computer science, and even fine art. He will apply his unique perspective to helping solve the business challenges of Carat's broad, blue chip client bas
- Photographer Pierre Toussaint's solo exhibition 'The Algebra of Decision Making' presented by Contact Gallery opens at Special Group Studios this tomorrow, Wednesday October 19th at Special Group Studios in Surry Hills, Sydney.Toussaint, known predominantly for his fashion and celebrity work, presents a selection of images from personal archive.
Says Toussaint: "When putting together this series of images, which ultimately is more a collection of personal work, I realised that every shot in the
- Leading sport and entertainment consultancy, Gemba has signalled its intention for further growth with the announcement that it has acquired the sponsorship management component of marketing company, Bullet Marketing.As part of the acquisition, Gemba will now manage Toyota's sponsorships of the Tamworth Music Festival, A Day On The Green and National Tree Day, expanding its remit with Toyota and further increasing its involvement in the music industry. Says Rob Mills director and CEO, Gemba: "We
London International Awards judging and Creative LIAisons mentoring program in Las Vegas proves to be another great successJudging
has just concluded at the Encore hotel in Las Vegas for this year'sLondon International Awards. Once again LIA put together an amazingjudging line-up of around 110 across their 12 juries who judged over a10 day period. Jury presidents this year included Mark Tutssel (LeoBurnett Global CCO), Rob Reilly (McCann Global Creative Chairman), Susan
Credle (FCB Global CCO), and Malcolm Poynton (Cheil Worldwide GlobalCCO) amongst others.This year was also the fifth year of thehighly regarded Crea
- Production collective //13&CO has announced that Sydney director Armand de Saint-Salvy has joined its roster for representation in Australia and New Zealand.De Saint-Salvy's hilarious Manchild film landed him on the scene in 2015 as one of only 10 finalists selected globally in the Doritos "Crash The Superbowl" competition.In the short time since, this versatile director/editor and all-round-nice-guy has directed TVCs across numerous genres and had his work featured prominently in advertisin
Weight Watchers launches WW Black Program; a holistic program designed to empower women to be more sexually confident via BMF AustraliaCB Exclusive - Weight Watchers (WW) has launched the new WW Black Program with the message: "love how you look, love how you feel, helping you love sex" via BMF Australia.
The WW Black program is a uniquely tailored three-month approach that was borne of a sobering truth: over half of Australian women prefer to have sex with the lights off, with a quarter avoiding sex altogether, due to body self-consciousness (Body Confidence Report 2016, commissioned by Weight Watchers).
Black is a cont
- Air Asia has launched a new piece of Print work which showcases the airline's award winning flatbeds.The print campaign via Publicis Mojo Brisbane says "For the cost of economy on other airlines you can relax in one of our award winning flatbeds".VIEW THE ADComments (8)
- Dave King, ECD, Innocean Australia is Australia's representative on the LIA TV/Cinema/Online Film
jury where judging has been taking place in Las Vegas. Here Kinggives us a rundown of his last day in Las Vegas.The last day here in Vegas was the best by far. It was long with lots of debate. But unlike panels I've been on before, it didn't feel like there were any network or regional agendas here. And when there was the expected disagreement between judges, it was always objective, never personal.
- Clemenger BBDO Melbourne has scored three Silver medals at the 2016 International ECHO Awards, held last night in Los Angeles.The
agency was the only Australian winner scoring two Silvers in Businessand Consumer Services and in Best Use of Display/DRTV/Video for Bonds'The Boys' and a Silver in Best Use of Direct Mail for Mercedes-Benz GLC
launch.The Diamond ECHO was awarded to Colenso BBDO for DB Breweries 'Brewtroleum'.VIEW THE FULL LIST OF WINNERS - List of 2016 ECHO Winners.pdf
Follow @Advertising_AU on Twitter!