US group buys Perth mining technology firm
Perth-based mining technology firm MiPlan has been bought by US company Hexagon Mining, six years after it was established by Robert and Louise Daw with backing from three local venture capital investors. The two founders, along with about 10 staff, ...
- Toshiba said it is considering splitting of its memory business into a separate company but added that nothing had been finalized at this point.
Stakeholders to connect with global technology experts at bmobile conference - Trinidad & Tobago ExpressTrinidad & Tobago Express
Stakeholders to connect with global technology experts at bmobile conference
Trinidad & Tobago Express
Local telecommunications provider bmobile will introduce another first to Trinidad and Tobago when it hosts its Connect @ bmobile Technology Conference and Exposition at the Hyatt Regency Trinidad. This first-of-its-kind conference and exposition in ...and more »
- WikiLeaks said that its founder Julian Assange is confident of winning 'any fair trial' in the U.S. and indicated that the founder of the whistleblowing website would stand by all the promises he had made in return for clemency to Chelsea Manning, the former U.S. soldier who disclosed classified data relating to the Iraq War to the site.
- Rockhampton Morning Bulletin
Rockhampton council's plans for surveillance technology
Rockhampton Morning Bulletin
WATCHFUL EYE: Big Brother will soon be keeping a watchful eye on the streets of Stanthorpe when new CCTV cameras are installed this week. Photo Ella Archibald-Binge / Stanthorpe Border Post Ella Archibald-Binge ...and more »
- Country News
News Premium Moving ahead with technology
Data-driven technologies have revolutionised all industries in which they've been adopted, and agriculture is no exception, according to 2015 Nuffield Australia scholar Jonathan Dyer. For as long as he can remember, Mr Dyer from Kaniva in Victoria's ...and more »
- Data61’s Strategy and Foresight team advises businesses and government bodies on how to prepare for the future digital economy. Dr Stefan Hajkowicz, a principal scientist in the team, says Australia’s prospects are not good.
Gartner: How CMOs will spend more on technology than CIOs in 2017
Several years ago, Gartner gained notoriety for suggesting CMOs will be spending more than their IT counterparts on technology by 2017. Well, according to the research firm, that premise is set to come true, as marketers look to up spend on a host of ...and more »
- Qualcomm strong-armed some phone makers into accepting unfavorable technology licensing terms while giving Apple a break in exchange for exclusivity, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission has charged.
- UCLA receives $2.2 million to support technology transfer
UCLA has received a $2.2 million boost in state funding that will help advance its innovation and entrepreneurship efforts. The financial support comes from a $22 million investment in the University of California from Assembly Bill 2664, the ...
- iT News
Meet Qld Health's five new technology execs
Queensland's Health department has recruited five new executives into its eHealth Queensland technology arm to turn around the agency's IT fortunes and drive "digital transformation" into healthcare in the state. The department has welcomed a new chief ...
- When Donald Trump is inaugurated as the U.S. President on Friday, Juan Soberanis intends to protest the event -- digitally.
- Hastings Technology Metals upgrades Yangibana neodymium resources
Proactive Investors Australia
Hastings Technology Metals (ASX:HAS) has upgraded the resource estimate for its Yangibana Neodymium Project, including the first ever measured resource. Hastings Technology Metals upgrades Yangibana neodymium resources. The project is situated ...and more »
- Cabinet secretary Senator Arthur Sinodinos has been appointed minister for industry, innovation and science as part of a cabinet reshuffle following the decision of Sussan Ley to resign as health minister.
- President Barack Obama has commuted the prison sentence of Chelsea Manning, the former U.S. soldier who disclosed classified data to WikiLeaks relating to the Iraq War.
- HPE has agreed to buy SimpliVity for US$650 million as expands its hyperconverged offerings, and analysts believe it's a great deal.
- HPE has agreed to buy SimpliVity for $650 million as expands its hyperconverged offerings, and analysts believe it's a great deal.
- Financial Times
US sues Qualcomm over licensing technology for mobiles
The US has sued Qualcomm over the way it licenses its technology for mobile phones, hitting at the business that generates most of the US chip company's profits. Sample the FT's top stories for a week. You select the topic, we deliver the news. Select ...and more »
- Spatial Source
5 ways technology will modernise construction in 2017
The new year is the time for companies to look back at the successes of the previous year, and look for key learnings for the year ahead… Thankfully, Chris Richardson, Trimble's Business Area Manager Construction Software, has identified 5 key areas ...and more »
Oil majors, car makers to push hydrogen technology to help cut emissions
Ben van Beurden, chief executive officer of Royal Dutch Shell, speaks during a news conference in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, February 15, 2016. REUTERS/Sergio Moraes. 1/2. left. right. Total Chief Executive Officer Patrick Pouyanne attends an economic ...and more »
- Jobs site Seek is recruiting a new head of cyber security. The role will involve leading the employment market’s Australia and New Zealand cyber security team and providing practical executive-level security and risk advice.
- Microsoft on Monday reminded Windows 7 customers that they have just three years of support remaining and urged them to upgrade to Windows 10.
- Pennsylvania says workers can’t collect damages from their employer if things like Social Security numbers, bank account information, birth dates, addresses and salaries are compromised in a data breach.
Zuckerberg denies stealing VR technology
Zuckerberg, wearing a dark suit and striped tie rather than his typical T-shirt and jeans, began testifying at 9am local time and 2 1/2 hours later was still answering questions posed by a lawyer for video game publisher ZeniMax Media. ZeniMax sued ...
Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg denies virtual-reality technology for Oculus was stolenTelegraph.co.uk
At trial, Zuckerberg is “highly confident” Oculus built its own technologyA
- Artificial intelligence should enhance human workers, not replace them, at least according to the CEOs of IBM and Microsoft.
- A new study performed by cybersecurity firm Fallible on 16,000 Android applications revealed that around 2,500 had API keys and access tokens for third-party services hard-coded into them.
- Microsoft will ship its first PC-attached mixed reality headsets for Windows 10 PCs to developers starting in March at the Game Developers Conference.
Lumo opens up its backend technology to third-party providers
As the fitness wearables market continues to climb, Lumo Bodytech, a startup making wearables focused on things like running and posture, has decided to further business revenue by licensing its platform. Lumo, valued at $41 million according to ...and more »
- Terrorist groups are embracing a huge number of digital tools to recruit members and plan attacks, putting them a step ahead of governments trying to combat them, a group of counterterrorism experts said.
- Apple's iPhone GPU provider has its eyes set shaking the Android landscape by bringing VR to low-end Android phones.
- The Conversation UK
How to be human when technology is driving the new industrial ...
The Conversation UK
The defining characteristics of our species will make us and our labour relevant in a new era.and more »
HSBC appoints technology advisers to keep pace with IT changes
HSBC has named the global technologists and entrepreneurs who will make up an advisory board to help the UK bank take advantage of the latest technologies. Download this free guide. EU data protection: Essential guide. Access this guide to aid you in ...and more »
- Screen size really does matter to retailers, with bigger mobile screens leading to more consumers shopping on their devices
- Weekly Times Now
Cassava coup for Africa
Weekly Times Now
AGRICULTURE Victoria scientists have developed technology that will be used to breed more productive cassava, a vital food crop in Africa. Agriculture Victoria developed the technology in conjunction with agricultural biotechnology company Dow ...
- On Tuesday, the MulteFire Alliance announced MulteFire Release 1.0, which defines an LTE-like network that can run entirely on unlicensed spectrum like the frequencies Wi-Fi uses.
- Chinese search giant Baidu has named former Microsoft business group head Qi Lu as its COO and group president.
- Even as more people shop online, Crate and Barrel says it's not ready to give up on brick-and-mortar stores.
- Mark Zuckerberg is expected to argue Facebook-owned Oculus made VR technology a reality without help of IP ZeniMax Media claims it stole
- Luxury retailer is using Salesforce to drive engagement, a seamless experience and customer loyalty
- A privacy lawsuit against WhatsApp in India over its new data sharing policy has got momentum with the country’s top court seeking responses from Facebook, WhatsApp and the federal government.
- Panasonic Toughbook tablets will be installed in police cars across South Australia as a replacement for fixed in-car devices.
- Hawaiki Submarine Cable and its main supplier, TE SubCom, say they have completed the survey of the cable’s 14,000km route and the project remains on schedule for completion in mid-2018.
Why There's A Bad Misalignment Between Technology And Innovation
If you were anticipating a global tech trend to jump aboard of, you might be waiting a little longer for your departure time, because when it comes to anticipating the best tech for their customers, businesses across the world all have their two cents ...and more »
- Proactive Investors Australia
Vivid Technology reveals new corporate identity
Proactive Investors Australia
Vivid Technology (ASX:VIV) has launched the 'Company Insights' mobile app, to provide investors and other stakeholders with information about the company and its activities. Vivid Technology reveals new corporate identity. This launch coincides with ...
- Telstra and Ericsson have demonstrated encryption of data in transit between Los Angeles and Melbourne over a 10 gigabit per second link.
- The government has announced it will spend $12 million on a program intended to deliver positioning technology that offers better accuracy than standard GPS.
- CIM Newsmagazine (press release) (blog)
New smart technology at AIME 2017
CIM Newsmagazine (press release) (blog)
The Asia-Pacific Incentives and Meetings Expo (AIME) 2017 will play host to Konduko, a new technology that allows for an integrated and collaborative exhibition experience. Print Email. AIME to implement new Konduko technology. Konduko readers will be ...
- Intel says using IoT technologies in the retail sector would result in a more personalized and efficient experience for both customers and stores.
- Spatial Source
$12 million boost to Australian positioning technology
The Australian Government this morning announced that it will invest $12 million in a two-year program looking into the future of positioning technology in Australia. The funding will be used to test a satellite-based augmentation system (SBAS) and ...
Connected cars to benefit from Australia's AU$12m positioning ...ZDNetall 6 news articles »
Follow @TechnologyNewsl on Twitter!